Medical transcription vs Medical coding and what's the best online school?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 153 of 153)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

blondegirl6 in San Juan Capistrano, California

21 months ago

Musiciantype in Lake Worth, Florida said: I am thinking of taking the medical transcription course at Career Step. I have always used an Apple computer and I was wondering if it is possible to use this computer in this career?

Hi. I am currently a Career Step student in the MTE (medical transcription editing) course. You can take all the transcription part on your Mac (as I am doing now) but when you get to the editing part of the course you can only take that part on a windows pc because the editing software only works on windows. I hope that helps in your decision. I love the Career Step Course. If you do sign up with them I would appreciate it if you would give my name as a referral, it is Laurie Russell. Thanks and best of luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

nik-nik in Phoenix, Arizona

6 months ago

Hi Billie.
Can you tell me if after completing course thru CS, most employers will require certain amt. of experience before being considered for employmen? If so, how is experience suppose to be obtained just coming out of training or does the course completion along with successfully mastering national certifacion suffice for experience?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Barb24 in Wheaton, Illinois

4 months ago

Hi nik-nik,

The truth is, it can be difficult to get your foot in the door, but with the change-over to the ICD-10 code set employers are hiring more than ever. You may need to start smaller to get your foot in the door, like at a smaller medical practice where they might be looking for a biller/coder.
Career Step's Medical Billing and Coding with applied PCS program is ideal because you learn medical billing and coding together. Their program includes CPT and PCS code sets which will prepare you to work in a variety of inpatient and outpatient setting so that you can cast a wider net in your job search.

Their comprehensive program also provides over 120 hours of practicum so you will be thoroughly prepared for the certification exams.
referral.careerstep.com/ref36530

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.