Which job boards list real jobs?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Pat in Moreno Valley, California

49 months ago

Does anyone know of any job boards that list real medical transcription jobs, as Career Builder and Yahoo Jobs clutter up their pages with ads for medical billing training and don't give you anything. I am really sick of this. I have 9 years of expeience and am finding nothing. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

valentine in Salt Lake City, Utah

49 months ago

Pat in Moreno Valley, California said: Does anyone know of any job boards that list real medical transcription jobs, as Career Builder and Yahoo Jobs clutter up their pages with ads for medical billing training and don't give you anything. I am really sick of this. I have 9 years of expeience and am finding nothing. Thanks.

i find the indeed job board to be the best. I have found my last 2 jobs through their job search. i find hotjobs and careerbuilder to be useless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gloria in Easton, Maryland

49 months ago

valentine in Salt Lake City, Utah said: i find the indeed job board to be the best. I have found my last 2 jobs through their job search. i find hotjobs and careerbuilder to be useless.

I agree the job search boards are useless. I have applied and called the prospective employer only to find that job was filled months ago. I will go to the website of a prospective employer, just to find that they keep jobs posted and they have those jobs on HOLD, they when the economy gets better they will have applicants.

We have found that banks, real estate to name a few were false and lieing, now the job market is full of lies as well. There should be a call for those sites to clean up their act and post REAL jobs on their websites.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Yes there is a lot of garbage out there. I wish that somehow the ads could be placed on top or side banners where they belong and legitimate jobs be on the job list. I wish the public would insist on cleaning up this garbage.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Bend, Oregon

49 months ago

I was going to attend the local community college however working full time, kids, etc a online course would work better. I have already been approved for financial aid, just want to know which online school is the best for Medical Transcriptionist?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

I graduated from a community college in 2001 and with my nursing background, transcription became easier. There are so many schools, that I am not sure which to recommend, but to me the jobs are few and far between, so you might want to think about a school that has a placement service, if there is such a thing. Another thing to consider is whether this is a viable career for the future, given the outsourcing and the conversion of most records to electronic as well as the low pay.

I love transcription but let's face it, one has to eat!

Lynn

49 months ago

Have you tried posting your resume on the MT sites such as MTStars or MTJobs? I got one of my current accounts by placing my resume on Monster. For me though, the best accounts I have gotten have been through word of mouth and networking with other MTs.

49 months ago

Sad to say, the longer one is out of circulation, the fewer contacts and networks one has. Feels very isolated.

Pat in Menifee, California

31 months ago

This must be a really old post.

Beverly in Salem, Massachusetts

27 months ago

Yes, MTJOBS.COM

I posted my resume twice on their site, and through their ads, was able twice to get really good medical
transcription part time at home jobs.

Good luck...I am looking again too !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tonja in Columbus, Georgia

26 months ago

Pat in Moreno Valley, California said: Does anyone know of any job boards that list real medical transcription jobs, as Career Builder and Yahoo Jobs clutter up their pages with ads for medical billing training and don't give you anything. I am really sick of this. I have 9 years of expeience and am finding nothing. Thanks.

Check mtjobs.com they have a good selection with new postings daily, and since you have that much experience you should have no problem. I've been having trouble being a new graduate with no on the job experience. So I you have any suggestions on how to get my foot in the door somewhere to be able to build some experience, then that would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pat in Winchester, California

26 months ago

I just wrote a reply but they keep demanding that I type in the silly numbers at the bottom of the page and demanding it over and over and then don't post my comment.

Pat in Winchester, California

26 months ago

I have worked in orthopedics most of my career, outpatient, and found initially it was best to start with a big office and learn there. Now that many of the jobs are home based, Google the offices in your area and send resumes to their emails or regular mail addresses and look up national services that say they will take people with less than 2 years of experience.

Pat in Lake Elsinore, California

26 months ago

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about this business of transcription companies refusing to hire people from California because of tax problems?? Does anybody know about that?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.