Work at home Medical Coding Jobs!!! Going to Allied

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Trystian in Las Vegas, Nevada

34 months ago

I am a stay at home military wife. Im going to school online at Allied. I have been looking to see if there are any jobs out there. Everything I have found are good jobs but you have to have 2- 3 years of experience. Does anyone know of any companies that hire online with no experience as long as you complete school and certification. Thank you If I cant find a job I might just go to school for something else..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

valentine in Draper, Utah

34 months ago

Trystian in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I am a stay at home military wife. Im going to school online at Allied. I have been looking to see if there are any jobs out there. Everything I have found are good jobs but you have to have 2- 3 years of experience. Does anyone know of any companies that hire online with no experience as long as you complete school and certification. Thank you If I cant find a job I might just go to school for something else..

Most employers require at least 2-3 years of hands on experience before hiring a coder to work retmotely (from home). It is not something you can do right away after completing your program or even passing your certification.

The only other option is sometimes local hospitals will allow coders to work from home after they have met set quality and productivity standards in house first. The time frame can vary from a couple of months to a year, depends on the facilities standards and how quickly you learn.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Trystian in Las Vegas, Nevada

34 months ago

valentine in Draper, Utah said: Most employers require at least 2-3 years of hands on experience before hiring a coder to work retmotely (from home). It is not something you can do right away after completing your program or even passing your certification.

The only other option is sometimes local hospitals will allow coders to work from home after they have met set quality and productivity standards in house first. The time frame can vary from a couple of months to a year, depends on the facilities standards and how quickly you learn.

Thank You for your response. Im thinking about changing schools and going to Career Step and going for Medical Transcription. I have heard good reviews from that school and people working in that field at home. Do you know anything about that field? Im also looking into Pharmacy Tech. If going to school for medical transcrition dosent work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

valentine in Draper, Utah

34 months ago

Trystian in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Thank You for your response. Im thinking about changing schools and going to Career Step and going for Medical Transcription. I have heard good reviews from that school and people working in that field at home. Do you know anything about that field? Im also looking into Pharmacy Tech. If going to school for medical transcrition dosent work.

It is true that most medical transcriptionists work from home and most can work from home right away. However, this is a dying field. Due to EMR, voice recognition software and offshore outsourcing there are not a lot of MT jobs available and the ones that are, usually pay pretty low. The average pay is .05 cents per line and you are usually required 1200 lines a day. That is $60 for an 8 hour day.

I would suggest checking out MTStars.com, it is an MT forum, it should help you get a better idea of this field from people who are in it.

Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

deena4ts in San Diego, California

32 months ago

@ Trystian in Vegas. I'm just looking into coding schools and have narrowed it down to Allied and AAPC. What are you thoughts about Allied, how far into the program are you? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nina in Las Vegas, Nevada

31 months ago

@ Trystain I am also a SAHM in Vegas and I would like to see how you are doing in school, which school/career path you chose. I am thinking of going to Career Step myself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

medicalpa/ca in Mission Viejo, California

27 months ago

Trystian in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Thank You for your response. Im thinking about changing schools and going to Career Step and going for Medical Transcription. I have heard good reviews from that school and people working in that field at home. Do you know anything about that field? Im also looking into Pharmacy Tech. If going to school for medical transcrition dosent work.

Transcriptin is a dying a field! dont do that. also Allied is an AMAZING school dont blame allied if you cant get a job. Also Career Step is not a better school than Allied. not sure what you are chasing. If its a career stick with coding.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

je5s1103 in Draper, Utah

20 months ago

DO NOT GO THROUGH CAREER STEP. I just finished my final on sunday.. Worst decision of my life. I regret the time and money i put into it. They make it sound all good and amazing. They say they have games and different things, honestly it was like someone handing you a dictionary and saying now go type a brain surgeons report. I have so much learning to do, and ive been trying to get ahold of graduate support for a week now to help me find a job. Never returned my calls and never helped me. While i was taking my final my foot pedal stopped working which was their softwares flaw so what would normally have taken me 6-7 hours took me almost 24 hours and all they said is we can offer you 1 more hour but thats it. im warning you DONT DO IT>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.