To be the best...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 114)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

kristina knox in Saint Louis, Missouri

81 months ago

I went to a technical school and i obtained an associates degree in medical billing and coding.Ive been out of school a year and a half and still no luck with a job.I lot of the jobs i come in contact with want u to have all this experience,like 2 to 5 years coming out of school how is this possible. Should i volunteer or is this just a dead end career. i really need some advice

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Maria Stahl in Mason City, Iowa

81 months ago

Medical billing isn't exactly the same field but some schools teach both. Go back to your technical school and ask them for help with placement. They want you to succeed, as it looks good on their stats, so they should give you some help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

wilpri in Santa Cruz, California

80 months ago

Lynn said: Dear Jo:

It just seems that people are not training in this career anynore..and there is such a need for good transcriptionists. I have been unable to find anyone that is qualified, that will put the time and effort into making a career so they could work from home...I even offer them the training as long as they can type 60-70 have an ability to spell and use spellcheck...and on and on...but putting an ad in the paper is useless..Do you know anywhere on the internet I can place a specific ad for free for transcription? Lynn

MTDaily?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Richard 15882 in Mercer, Pennsylvania said: I wanted to also say that your are extremely correct on the three skills of transcribing. I work in a large Cleveland hospital and noone checks their work and the doctors just sign the reports without proof reading. I was hired to oversee the transcription department as well as the medical records. I am shocked at what I see and what I have to address.

I've been doing this 15+ yrs and there is a relationship between speed, accuracy, and $$. I do a lot of ESL docs and will not spend a great deal of time making their reports perfect if they're not willing to learn English (you'd be surprised!) and care enough about someone being on the other end of the dictation to speak audibly. Proofreading has its limits, as I need to make a certain amt of $$ per hour for it to be worth it to me.
Also, you can only change the verbiage so much. When not completely clear, you always leave it verbatim; then if it's wrong, it's the dictator's fault, not mine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every medical transcriptionist must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your medical transcriptionist expertise?

Typing speed, excellent knowledge of English language, and give-and-take with the providers. The other stuff is technicalities.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

I've picked up numerous transcription jobs on MTDaily, haven't gone more than 2 wks without work in 15 years. GREAT job for staying home with the kids while they're young. You just have to keep in mind that if you start with little experience, it'll take you longer to make big bucks at it, but you can and will get better as you go and the people you're working for - tx companies, not medical facilities - will 100% check your work when you start before it's sent to the facilities automatically.

Rene'

80 months ago

I am willing to work hard. I took a course at the community college. I would loved to be trained by you.
I haven't been able to find a job that doesn't require 2 years of experience.
I have been so frustrated.

Rene'

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Rene'

80 months ago

Lynn said: where exactly do you live...i am interested in hiring

I live in Murrysville, PA.

Rene'

Carol in Middletown, Ohio

80 months ago

It just seems that people are not training in this career anynore..and there is such a need for good transcriptionists. I have been unable to find anyone that is qualified, that will put the time and effort into making a career so they could work from home...I even offer them the training as long as they can type 60-70 have an ability to spell and use spellcheck...and on and on...but putting an ad in the paper is useless..Do you know anywhere on the internet I can place a specific ad for free for transcription? Lynn

I am assuming you are looking for an at-home transcriptionist. I have worked for a major hospital in the SW Ohio area for ten years and am seeking a new position. I have done all types of reports and am good. I am interested in hearing from you.

If this is something you are interested in, please e-mail me.

Luanne Worthington in Owosso, Michigan

80 months ago

I am a retired teacher of 36 and have completed an At-Home Professions transcription course, have not been able to find work. Everyone wants 3 to 5 years experience. I have no idea how I am supposed to do that when the only "experience" I have had is transcribing dictation from tapes through the course. They, by the way, do not provide any type of job placement. I can type 60-70 wpm and would love any opportunity to use my medical transcription skills. If you can help me or refer me to someone else who might be able to help me, I would be very appreciative.

Rene'

80 months ago

Rene' said: I live in Murrysville, PA.

Lynn,
I live very near to you in Murrysville.
I would love to work for you.

Rene'

Carl Reed in Ogden, Utah

77 months ago

We have medical transcription positions available the the Military Clinics at Andrews AFB in Maryland and at Keesler AFB in Biloxi MS. If interested please contact Rachel Malpica @ 757-645-2458

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lacey Fortner in Gillette, Wyoming

77 months ago

Lynn said: The three most important things:

Your ability to realize that you are typing confidential and sensitive reports. Keep in mind it is medical information.

Your ability to remember to do a spellcheck (get a progam installed with all medical terminology and prescription drug base..very helpful).

Proofread all work..even if you think you did it...go over it.

I am a medical transcriptionist (20+ years)..I started my own business 8 years ago and am flourishing...the only thing is...I can't find the help I need. I live in the Irwin PA area outside of Pittsburgh. I could have many more clients but as it is now I work 12 hours a day...6 days a week.!!

I graduated from the Allied School Medical Transcription program about 6 months ago, and am having a terrible time finding work. I am a stay-at-home mom of two small children and would love to work part-time. I do not have all of the supplies, but am willing to get them. I have been waiting for a job to come through before purchasing the necessary books and software, as every employer might require different things. I also have a degree in Massage Therapy. I am responsible and organized. Right now I can type about 50wpm. Let me know if you have an opening.

mardiboo in Biloxi, Mississippi

77 months ago

my post from Finding Entry Level etc:
Hey, is everyone that is looking for a job as a MT looking on mtjobs.com? I sent resumes for the jobs that interested me and got one. I am stillllll getting emails with job offers. So I would suggest if you don't have a job yet, go through that site and respond to ALL the posts with your testing (if required) and your resume, no matter the requirements. I don't mean, of course, if it is just a radiology job and you don't know anything about radiology for you to apply for that one. I have been a transcriptionist for 18 years and this is the best job, by FAR, that I have been able to find. I even had my own transcription business, but did not make as much money as I needed to keep doing that. I have also worked for another online transcription business, but nothing has been as good as this company. They supply the computer (I already have one, but they do that anyway), medical reference software, expander program, their own training and great bennies. They also DO hire new transcriptionists. You just need to pass their little tests. One is terminology, 3-5 are actual transcription. One thing I noticed where some screw up is this; the instructions say "place 3 underscores for each blank." Then the person taking the test types this for a blank; _____ _____ ______. That is incorrect and will count as THREE blanks. This is 3 underscores; ___ In other words, for a blank tap your underscore key THREE TIMES. So that leaves a small blank. The other thing is DO NOT GUESS what is being dictated. That is automatic "toss that test". They expect blanks on doctors names, some medications and garbled dictation. If you think you know what is being dictated but are not sure, type it and put ONE question mark on either side of the word or words. In my training class 65% were new grads with no experience. But most of you have some computer experience and previous jobs. Put that on your resume. "Experience" doesn't always mean 'medical experience'.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Patty L. in Jupiter, Florida

76 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every medical transcriptionist must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your medical transcriptionist expertise?

It is imperative that you have takn a course in Medical Terminology, Human Anatomy & Physiology. You must be able to type at least 50-60 WPM. You must be a responsible person who shows up for work on time & every day. Patty L. Jupiter, FL

shashikala in Maple Shade, New Jersey

75 months ago

Hi,

I am a medical transcriptionist looking for home based medical transcription work, can u help me?

tracy schultz in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

75 months ago

Your ability to realize that you are typing confidential and sensitive reports. Keep in mind it is medical information.

Your ability to remember to do a spellcheck (get a progam installed with all medical terminology and prescription drug base..very helpful).

I am a medical transcriptionist (20+ years)..I started my own business 8 years ago and am flourishing...the only thing is...I can't find the help I need. I live in the Irwin PA area outside of Pittsburgh. I could have many more clients but as it is now I work 12 hours a day...6 days a week.!!

I am looking for medical transcription work from home if your in need contact me at tschultz33@verizon.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Patty Long in Jupiter, Florida

75 months ago

Tracy, I graduated from Beckley College in Beckley, WV, with an associate degree in secretarial science & worked at Raliegh General Hospital in the Medical Records Dept. as a transcriptionist. I've stayed in the medical field, by managing medical equipment cos., fitting orthothics, etc. My husband recently died of cancer; I took care of him for 2 years, but now need to work again. My medical terminology & human anatomy & physiology knowledge has stayed with me & I believe I may be of help to you. Spellcheck is important. Whoops!

tracy schultz in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

75 months ago

I am looking for any information that may help me do medical transcription from home. Any help would be helpful. Thanks. Lets keep in touch.

Patty Long in Jupiter, Florida

75 months ago

Tracy, I am willing to help you. Tell me what you need for me to get started. Thank you, Patty Long

Sabrina Larsen in Tulsa, Oklahoma

74 months ago

Who makes the most money, an MT, or an RN? That's what I need to know. I am just breaking into my studies in the Nursing/Medical proferssion, and I'm seriously considering all the pro's and con's: The only thing I wouldn't like about the Nursing profession, would be all the drama, gossip, and backbiting that goes amongst the nurses. And, about an MT, the only good thing, would be, that you can just be in the privacy of your own home, sit in your bathrobe, if you will, and type away. But, what about your wrists? Won't they hurt a lot? Having to type up to 70 w. per minute? I only type up to 40 w a minute, but I'm good on all the rest. And, I bet it would be real easy to gain a lot of weight, sitting on one's behind, and typing. Also, what about the glare of the computer? What about your eyes? I read one comment from one of the responder, that she makes $400/week. That's approx. how much an RN makes a day!! Any comments? Please, be so kind and respond to me, at AmanaSt750@aol.com
Thanx a million,
Sabrina Laraon.

Tracy in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

Sabrina,
A nurse makes way more money than a medical transcriptionist. By the way MT stands for a medical technologist. There are different levels of nurses -LPN liscened practical nurse, RN registered nurse, and BSN bachelors of science Nursing, MSN Masters of science nursing and finally a liscenced Practical nurse that is capable of seeing patients on their own and writing prescriptions. The varying levels increase in pay as they go up, but even an LPN makes more than a medical transcriptionist. Hope this was helpful. Plus medical transcription jobs from home seem to be very hard to find.. GOOD LUCK

Patty Long in West Palm Beach, Florida

74 months ago

Ivan, yes I am interested. I used to do medical transcription in a large hospital in my home state of West Virginia; but since I moved to Florida, I have been managing medical equpment companies, fitting orthotics, retail medical sales, etc., and the medical terminology and the human anatomy lingo has stayed with me. Thank you for your consideration.

Erica in Dayton, Ohio

74 months ago

Hi I am a stay @ home mom and was thinking about getting into being a medical transcriptionist. I have not worked outside the home for about 9 years. Money is tight and would like to contribute to the finances in the home, but also need to care for my family and be flexible in my hours. Someone mentioned that this would be a good field for me. I am very much a perfectionist and very organized but my down fall is I know little about the computer just recently started emailing people. Just wanted to know if anyone could tell me if this is a good field to get in and what the pay is like and if there is a need for this in my area. College is a little bit overwhelming to me and I'm not sure how to get started. Would just like some feed back about anything that would help I appreciate and advice

74 months ago

Ma'm, your reply seems sincere & you need some assistance, like 100,000,000 other people like ourselves, but there is hope out there. All I can say is keep on keeping on; don't give up!!! There's something for you out there, keep looking!! You've got the gumption & the need, so that makes you a player in this field. Let's all stick together & try to help each other. I have 20+ years in the medical field, doing everthing you can think of and then some. But, Man, it's tough here in Palm Beach County, FL, the capital of all the bad things you can think of & then some. But there are still some good people here & we want to do well!! We've all got to learn to support each other. A fella person in need, Patty Long

74 months ago

Ma'm, your reply seems sincere & you need some assistance, like 100,000,000 other people like ourselves, but there is hope out there. All I can say is keep on keeping on; don't give up!!! There's something for you out there, keep looking!! You've got the gumption & the need, so that makes you a player in this field. Let's all stick together & try to help each other. I have 20+ years in the medical field, doing everthing you can think of and then some. But, Man, it's tough here in Palm Beach County, FL, the capital of all the bad things you can think of & then some. But there are still some good people here & we want to do well!! We've all got to learn to support each other. A fella person in need, Patty Long

Gaby in Glendale, Arizona

73 months ago

I want to take a billing and coding course at Estrella skills center just wondering if any one has taken it and if they got a job right after it?

Cheryl Magill, CMT, RT(R) in Bremerton, Washington

73 months ago

I am a retired radiologic technologist (retired after 20 years) and am now a certified medical transcriptionist. I have been a transcriptionist since 1993 and became certified in 2003. I was the state president 2 years ago and currently am the secretary for our state's AHDI.

I would recommend that those persons who are interested in this field take a course from an AHDI-approved school. You should not expect to make $40,000 a year when you first start. You should probably expect to start in a doctor's office; they are usually the best places to look first. It is wonderful when you can find a job in house for the first few years; I cannot stress to you how much you will learn from those MTs you are working with.

There are companies who will hire you to work from home, but I caution you--most of these places pay by the line, and when you are only making 7 cents a line, it is very hard to put out accurate reports, which by the way should always be your first priority, and make enough to live on.

For example, if you accurately transcribe 1500 lines a day at .07 per line, your gross pay would be $105.00 a day. If you made that much every day and worked 52 weeks a year and never took a sick day, you would gross $27,300.

Again, the best place to start out is a doctor's office with fellow transcriptionists, then after a year or two, see if you can get a job at a hospital or larger medical facility. If you can get a job at a hospital, you may get paid by the hour and get benefits. After several years, you may be allowed to work for your hospital from home, as I do.

I would like to point out a couple of things to the people who are thinking about medical transcription as a choice of career. First of all, there is a need for qualified medical transcriptionists, and it will continue to grow as the current work force, most of whom are now over 50, retires. However, remember, it takes several years of hard work to become expert in this field

zia in Palmyra, Virginia

72 months ago

Did you get the help that you were seeking? I, too, am in a community college program and looking for internship for next summer and then full time home based employment.Any suggestions?

Indeed Help in Stamford, Connecticut

71 months ago

Hello Everyone, This is a forum for people to discuss jobs, industries, companies and such. Please do not use the forums as a place of recruitment. If you'd like to post your jobs on Indeed, please contact us at Sales@indeed.com for more information. Sincerely, Indeed Admin

Cyndee in Youngstown, Ohio

71 months ago

Lynn said: where exactly do you live...i am interested in hiring

I just saw this post and have 10 years experience. Can we talk about possibilities of your hiring?

zia in Palmyra, Virginia

71 months ago

I live in the heart of Virginia and will be looking for full time after I graduate. There are others in our classes that may be interested also.

Hayley in North Versailles, Pennsylvania

69 months ago

Hi, I am looking to start a new career in medical transcription. I have no experience, but I am a very fast learner and would be willing to do whatever it takes as far as purchasing supplies or taking an online course. Please e-mail me at hayleyarobbins@hotmail.com. I hope to hear from you soon!

Janet Coffman in Mobile, Alabama

68 months ago

I have 12 years experience doing medical transcription. I have experience in General Medicine, Radiology, Cardiology, Neurology, etc. I am working right now but not getting much work. I would be very interested in talking with you. Please e-mail me at coffman195955@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Karen in Wheaton, Illinois

67 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every medical transcriptionist must have to excel? I think the top three traits/skills are:

1. Patience
2. Curiosity/willingness to learn
3. A "good ear"

Practice, practice, practice.

Ann Ball in Dayton, Ohio

67 months ago

I have been a transcriptionist for over 25-years working at a hospital. My Specialty is Cardiology only. I am looking for some transcription work. I can work 8 or 10 hours a day...6 days a week. I am ready anytime. Please e-mail me at bmyrtis@yahoo.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RHeffnerMT in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

67 months ago

Hello,
My name is Rebecca and I have just completed my Medical Transcription Certificate. I am excited about getting started in this field, which combines my love for medical terminology, commitment to accuracy in written documents, and typing speed.

I live just outside of Pittsburgh and would love to be part of your transcription team. Specifically, I am looking to begin part-time from home each evening, if possible. However, I can be flexible in order to get the opportunity to begin my MT career.

Please e-mail me at RHeffnerMT@gmail.com. I have a resume and cover letter which I could send to you at your request.

Thank you,
Rebecca

Dan in Kernersville, North Carolina

67 months ago

Hello Lynn, I have been wanting to move into this career for a few years now and want to take the classes and learn everything I can, but everything I look at seems to be a scam. Can you suggest a starting point. Even working for you to learn? Thanks for your response.

CS Grad in Beverly Hills, California

67 months ago

It just seems that people are not training in this career anynore..and there is such a need for good transcriptionists.

There are plenty of people training for this career. Career Step in the month of September alone enrolled 1000 students. www.careerstep.com/blog/?p=66 The market is just becoming saturated with new MTs, which is why it is so hard for new grads to find jobs now and why there are companies now offering only 4-5 cpl to new grads. There are so many new MTs desperate for jobs, they are willing to work for next to nothing just to gain experience (some even willing to work for free). When I started MT work just 2 years ago, there were plenty of jobs for new grads and I had my pick of offers within a week of graduating, all at much higher rates than I see being offered to new grads now. Now it seems new grads are waiting months to get even 1 offer.

Maria in Chicago, Illinois

62 months ago

Lynn in Andrews, Texas said: I am an RN and would like to train as a MT so I can work from home...any idea how long it will take to complete training? I feel good about my medical terminology and type between 50-60 wpm

WHY? Think about it -- WHY? If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. -- Think about i.

looking ofr a job! in Cincinnati, Ohio

62 months ago

Hi, I just saw your post and I know that it's probably a long shot. But, I was wondering if you were looking for anyone to work for you. I don't have any experience right now. I just finished my final and on my way. If you could email me a little bit of information even if you're not interested, I would appreciate it. Thank you so much!

cj.meyer1973@yahoo.com

Luanne in Owosso, Michigan

62 months ago

I am looking for work that I can do at home. I am retired elementary teacher and completed the At-Home Professions course for Transcription, but have not been able to find work. I can type 60-70 WPM and am very eager to be able to use my new skills. I just need someone to take a chance on me. I just need an opportunity.

Donna in Goodyear, Arizona

62 months ago

whoa...thought that was not too nice...

Lenore Velez in Largo, Florida

62 months ago

I would love to help you out, but it would have to be a as home-based employee. I have 17 years' experience and work on multispeciality clinics and acute care, transcribing H&Ps, discharge summaries, consultations, a few OP, procedures notes, letters, progress notes, ER notes, oncology, radiation oncology, just to name a few. Please reply with any feedback you may have.

Thank you

Lenore Velez

varaprasad in Visakhapatnam, India

60 months ago

[Dear Madam, I am having an experience of 6 + years in Medical transcription. Please give me further details to contact you.

60 months ago

Hi, nice to meet you. I am from Medical transcription field, India. I would like to talk to your regarding Medical transcription. I am having an experience of 10+ years in this field. Just give me an opportunity to speak with you. I have some idea on outsourcing. Pls mail me regarding

60 months ago

Hi friend, I am in Medical transcription field. I would like to add all the people who is from Medical transcription field. So that we can get an idea about the availability of jobs and good companies. We cannot believe all the web sites in internet, which provides MT jobs. So let us share our ideas. I would like to gather people from the same field. I am from India. varaprasadmt_2006@yahoo.com
varaprasadmt2007@gmail.com

60 months ago

Hi friend, I am in Medical transcription field. I would like to add all the people

who is from Medical transcription field. So that we can get an idea about the

availability of jobs and good companies. We cannot believe all the web sites in

internet, which provides MT jobs. So let us share our ideas. I would like to gather

people from the same field. I am from India. varaprasadmt_2006@yahoo.com
varaprasadmt2007@gmail.com

diane in Manchester, Connecticut

57 months ago

I am a recent graduate of a 5-month medical terminology and transcription program and would love to help you out. I feel that I'm a natural at MT because of my attention to detail and belief that if you're hired to do a job, you should do it well. You can hand work over to me and know that it will be completed accurately and on time.

My course included many hours of authentic transcription and extensive chapters of terminology. I know how to research anything that isn't clear in the dication. I have medical spell check installed, FTP file transfer, Express Scribe software, foot pedal, etc., and am ready to start working immediately.

Please contact me at dogunquit@yahoo.com. I can email a resume if you'd like. I would be happy to help you out. You won't be disappointed!

Diane

diane in Manchester, Connecticut

57 months ago

zia in Palmyra, Virginia said: Did you get the help that you were seeking? I, too, am in a community college program and looking for internship for next summer and then full time home based employment.Any suggestions?

I am a recent graduate of a 5-month medical terminology and transcription program and would love to help you out. I feel that I'm a natural at MT because of my attention to detail and belief that if you're hired to do a job, you should do it well. You can hand work over to me and know that it will be completed accurately and on time.

My course included many hours of authentic dictation and extensive chapters of medical terminology. I know how to research any parts of dictation that might be unclear. I have medical spellcheck installed, many resource books, FTP file transfer, Express Scribe, etc. I'm set up and ready to go. You won't be disappointed! Please contact me at dogunquit@yahoo.com if you'd like me to send a resume of give you more information.

Thanks. Diane

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.