Any reviews for Career Step or Andrews Training Corp?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (901 to 950 of 1259)
Page:  « First « Previous   16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next »   Last »

CHauptman

52 months ago

mom in nm in Hobbs, New Mexico said: I am going to enroll in Career Step when I get my tax money.

I don't think they have promised job placement with the Platinum upgrade; it is just extra help with how to find your own job. I think I need that because I have never had to write a resume.

Any advice helpful.

I enjoyed the course. It is a lot of work. I don't know how the young mothers or working mothers find the time to work on it. My advice would be to start your word list from the very beginning and keep adding to it throughout the course. Also, read the forums for advice on how to attack each section. Study buddies would also be helpful.
Best of luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kari in Torrington, Wyoming

51 months ago

Grisham in New Albany, Mississippi said: Does Career Step accept Pell Grant?

No they do not accept any federal grants or student loans. You have to get your own loans or pay out of pocket.
I just got off the phone with them about 10 minutes ago.

candrus in Saint George, Utah

51 months ago

I just started the Med. Trans program through Career Step, I'm still waiting for my new laptop, can anyone tell me what brand of laptop it is? Or did people get different brands? Is it a quality laptop?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

tornadojess in Saratoga Springs, Utah

51 months ago

Hey I am looking into maybe doing the program for being an MT with career step I am just trying to figure out if it is the right thing of not. Can anyone give me advice on how hard it is to find a job,if you have to be a really fast typer, and really good at grammer?

51 months ago

tornadojess in Saratoga Springs, Utah said: Hey I am looking into maybe doing the program for being an MT with career step I am just trying to figure out if it is the right thing of not. Can anyone give me advice on how hard it is to find a job,if you have to be a really fast typer, and really good at grammer?

lol i spelled grammar wrong

51 months ago

With medical transcription is there a certification that you need to renew every couple of years? If so how much is it? Can anyone help?

Candie

51 months ago

I graduated form Career Step in February with honors and retook my test in March to receive high honors. I loved the course. It is a lot of work and you will need to learn grammar but your typing speed will increase as you go through the course. The job market is tough for MTs but it is tough for everyone these days. You just have to be diligent in your search. I have had 2 job offers with great companies so the jobs are there for good students and there are more doors opened for Career Step graduates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Candie said: I graduated form Career Step in February with honors and retook my test in March to receive high honors. I loved the course. It is a lot of work and you will need to learn grammar but your typing speed will increase as you go through the course. The job market is tough for MTs but it is tough for everyone these days. You just have to be diligent in your search. I have had 2 job offers with great companies so the jobs are there for good students and there are more doors opened for Career Step graduates.[/QU
Thank you for responding to me. With the job offers you have gotten are they full time or part time? Also if you don't mind how long did it take you to finish the courses and what is your pay like?

51 months ago

Hey quick question to all of you out there are most of you working from home, or are a lot of you at hospitals?

tina454542 in Pembroke, Georgia

51 months ago

What is Career Step? Where is it? How much does it cost?

Spaw79 in Indian River, Michigan

51 months ago

Linda in Hawley, Pennsylvania said: Talk about bursting my bubble!! :( I was ready to sign up with FTCC to start next month and they only accept NC residents now. Bummer! I'm searching for other community colleges that may be partnered with CS and have no residency restrictions. Wish me luck! If anyone is running into the same situation or you are lucky to come across a college that is partnered with CS, please post!!! Thanks!

Hello Linda, After doing research on several different online colleges, I have found San Juan College to be the most affordable..at 90.00 per credit hour. They partner with Career Step so everything is online. They also accept FAFSA and Financial Aid! I am going to be signing up with them in the fall. I hope this helps you and hopefully many others as well. Here is the direct link www.sjc.cc.nm.us/pages/2356.asp

Candie

51 months ago

tornadojess in Saratoga Springs, Utah said:

One of the job offers is full time and the other part time. The full time has full benefits. The part time is as an Independent Contractor. I am leaning towards the part time because it is more flexible. The line rates are around .06 to .07. You are not going to get rich doing MT work. Do the math and see how many lines you need to do to make minimum wage and all with 98% or more accuracy. Experience and increase in productivity is how you make a living.

Tornadojess in Saratoga Springs, Utah

51 months ago

Candie said: One of the job offers is full time and the other part time. The full time has full benefits. The part time is as an Independent Contractor. I am leaning towards the part time because it is more flexible. The line rates are around .06 to .07. You are not going to get rich doing MT work. Do the math and see how many lines you need to do to make minimum wage and all with 98% or more accuracy. Experience and increase in productivity is how you make a living.

so you get an average .06 cents per line?

51 months ago

Candie: I am a mother of four so I don't have a ton of time to spend at the computer, so I am looking for more part time work. I don't have to bring in a lot of money it would just be nice to be able to bring in like $300/ week if possible and something I can do for like 5 hrs. a day. Do you know if this is something that is possible?

Stacey Cooper in El Paso, Texas

51 months ago

Hello everybody!!! My name is Stacey and I've been looking into Medical Transcription for a career, mainly looking at the Career Step Program. It sounds good, but I want to hear what you all have to say about it. Was it a good choice? Do you only get a job if you get honors? How many hours a day did you have to put in..........everything. I heard they do not have you fill out a FAFSA so how do they do financial aid? I am really interested but I don't want to put any money into it until I get some feedback. If you are a careerstep graduate I would love to hear what you have to say!!!! Do they really help you find a job?

Candie

51 months ago

I think it is possible. Line rates vary by company and whether you are doing straight transcription or Voice Recognition, which is editing. An average line count for a beginner is around 100 lines an hour. That is only $6.00 an hour but that is a beginner. I think with experience and practice, you can get up to 200 lines an hour. Line rate is usually goes up according to production and quality, so you can work up to .10 an hour. Go onto Career Step Forum. I believe it is open to everyone and look at the posts from graduates. There are links that talk about pay.

Candie

51 months ago

Sorry, I meant .10 a line.

mates001 in Creedmoor, North Carolina

51 months ago

Can anyone tell me how to unsubscribe from this site?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mimoo in Nashua, New Hampshire

51 months ago

hi i have couple of questions

if i post the module exam more than once, which grade is put in my report? the highest or the first or the last???

also i enrolled on march and suppose to finish part 1 in four months (that's what i thought) but it says when i log in that i got till next year !! i don't get it

can anyone plz explain?? thank you

p.s: i tried to post my questions in CS forum but for some reason it never showed!

tgreene in Ocala, Florida

51 months ago

mimoo in Nashua, New Hampshire said: hi i have couple of questions

if i post the module exam more than once, which grade is put in my report? the highest or the first or the last???

also i enrolled on march and suppose to finish part 1 in four months (that's what i thought) but it says when i log in that i got till next year !! i don't get it

can anyone plz explain?? thank you

p.s: i tried to post my questions in CS forum but for some reason it never showed!

Your highest score is the one that posts to your gradebook :)

The CS program is one year; FTCC gives you 8 months. If it doesn't look like you'll finish Part I in 4 months or the entire thing in 8 months, just let FTCC know. You automatically have access to the material for 1 year through CS, but you DO have to let FTCC know you may not meet their deadline, regardles of what it shows on your main page.

Hope this helps!

Oh, are you sure you registered on the forum? It's not automatic - maybe that's why your question didn't post?!?! That's the only thing I can think of... if you continue to have trouble, e-mail technical support - they're very helpful.

mimoo in Nashua, New Hampshire

51 months ago

thank you so much tgreene :) very helpful

Candie

51 months ago

vrmt in Brooklyn, New York said: I can tell you this,since I have it a lot of times due to "crap" postings on this forum.

Click on "Get new comments by email" on top of this page to the right and follow the instructions to unsubscribe.

Candie, what you posted is mostly incorrect:
There are almost no companies that accept a minimum hourly line production of 100, there are some companies which accept 150, but very rare. It takes a long time to get one's cpl rate up, 10 c/line is almost out of reach nowadays; this for standard transcription. The average line rate for VR is 3-5 cents.

The CareerStep forum is only accessible for CS students and CS graduates.

I was talking beginning line productions and for straight transcription. Hopefully, the companies that hire newbies realize it will take them time to increase production. The company I am starting with says their cpl goes up to 10 c/line but I have no idea how long or with what production they expect with that. One job offered bonus line rates with each tier of production.

charlienotis in Alameda, California

51 months ago

vrmt in Brooklyn, New York said: I can tell you this,since I have it a lot of times due to "crap" postings on this forum.

Click on "Get new comments by email" on top of this page to the right and follow the instructions to unsubscribe.

Candie, what you posted is mostly incorrect:
There are almost no companies that accept a minimum hourly line production of 100, there are some companies which accept 150, but very rare. It takes a long time to get one's cpl rate up, 10 c/line is almost out of reach nowadays; this for standard transcription. The average line rate for VR is 3-5 cents.

The CareerStep forum is only accessible for CS students and CS graduates.

For those not already enrolled in the program - you can actually get in to view the forums as a prospective student. At least I was able to do that before I enrolled. You just need to call up and let them know that you are considering the program and would like to access the forums. They will email with instructions and you should be able to take it from there.

51 months ago

Thank you candie for your insight I guess I will just start the program and see if it is for me. I might find out that it isn't something I can do so I guess I will just have to see. Do you have any ideas on how to start the program off? Are there any good tips to understanding everything better? What would you say is the hardest part?

redrae in Reading, Pennsylvania

51 months ago

I have the CS books and CDS--the books are used the CDs have never been opened--also have a Stedman Dictionary with CD to download a medical spellcheck and also have a pronunciation and spelling medical dictionary---I paid $350 for everything--make me an offer
redrae15@gmail.com

Candie

51 months ago

The course is self-explanatory and easy to follow. Work through it completely and you will not have a problem. The hardest part is the hundreds of transcriptions you will need to transcribe and at times you will feel overwhelmed. Start a word list at the beginning and keep it up throughout the course. The forum has lots of info on just about every topic, including study buddies who will give you support. I will be happy to answer any questions as you go along. Best of luck!

51 months ago

Hey I am going to do the MT but now I am thinking it might be smart to do both editor and transcriptionist since the way the technology is it might be good to have both. Can anyone give me advice? If you have done it or if you think it is worth it?
Thanks

51 months ago

vrmt in Brooklyn, New York said: You have to be an MT to be allowed to take the supplemental editor course.

No you don't - Career Step allows you to enroll in the Editing Program while still working on the MT program, several CS students are doing just that.

51 months ago

vrmt in Brooklyn, New York said: OMG, how can they edit if they are not MTs yet and do not know what's right and what's wrong?
This is really a weird program. The editing program at the same time as the MT program? Ridiculous, you must be mistaken, Mrs. NIA. Or, it is minimal, how many hours?
In addition, employers are hesitant to hire MTs who graduated from a community college program that partnered with CS, since it is much shorter and much cheaper.
I wonder why only North Carolina offers this cheap CC program, no other state???
You wll notice this all when you will try to enter the work force, Mrs. NIA (short for Mrs. knowitall, in case you are not familiar with this and many other abbreviations) NOT.

How can anybody compare this program with Andrews or even MT-Tec that changed owners lately.

Wow Jolene/Gradmt/vrmt/Evelyn (or whoever you are today) - seriously??? Still so bitter? Still can't find a good paying job? ...or a life? Try being nice for a change - things may really turn around for you.

Shouldn't I be Mrs. KIA since "know" actually starts with a /k/? Just curious, since you're so well versed in forum lingo (and you and all your aliases appear absolutely EVERYWHERE).

Here we go again... just when I thought it was safe to check this forum again I realize you're still on the prowl...just waiting to attack with your ugliness and negativity... don't bother responding with more of your insults, I'll stay in the CS forum where people are nice (until you figure out a way to infiltrate that forum as well, with one of your many aliases).

primo in Richmond, Texas

51 months ago

It's the same course. Subsidized through the gov't, state of NC. You cannot take it anymore because the state of NC will only accept NC residents now. I enrolled in the coding course. Had already completed the transcription course. What is curious to me is that you are in NY and with many years of experience should be able to find a job in transcription. I cannot even remember why you are so angry. Actually, my daughter lives in Brooklyn, NY and says the job market is not that bad and she is in design.

Candie

51 months ago

I don't know why you would want to be in both VR and the MT class at the same time. There is a very short VR section after you take your final, which I felt was just a busy section while we awaited our results. I considered taking the VR class while I waited to get a job, but I got a job instead!

CT

51 months ago

TO: Candie

You said "The course is self-explanatory and easy to follow."

"I considered taking the VR class while I waited to get a job,
but I got a job instead!"

Did you mean you graduated from the FTCC CS course or
just the plain CS course?

artemis in Seattle, Washington

51 months ago

The following comment has been sent to the moderator of this forum:

Attn: Moderator

This is a request for the forum moderator to block the IP of "vrmt."

This user - Jolene, mtgrad, vrmt (she uses several aliases) - continuously makes rude, belligerent, confrontational, aggressive, and generally highly-unprofessional comments. They do nothing to foster community or to add to the positive exchange of information.

Thank you for your assistance.

Candie

51 months ago

CT said: TO: Candie

You said "The course is self-explanatory and easy to follow."

"I considered taking the VR class while I waited to get a job,
but I got a job instead!"

Did you mean you graduated from the FTCC CS course or
just the plain CS course?

I took the course through CS. I was not aware of the FTCC course at the time.

51 months ago

vrmt in Brooklyn, New York said: For "artemis"

Hyphen use:
Didn't you learn yet that it is incorrect to put a hyphen in the clause "highly-unprofessional comments?"
Obviously not, but you'll learn, hopefully.
I am the professional, and you are not.

Jolene:
Brush up on your punctuation and grammar. BOS, Section 2, 6.5.2, Compound Modifiers.

51 months ago

Jolene:
If you could learn how to deliver your feedback within the context of constructive criticism, as a true professionals would, instead of continuously feeling the need to retaliate in a wholly childish manner, you would actually be providing a helpful service on this forum. That is the premise of this forum; to be helpful. It is not a place for you to work out your unresolved psychological issues.

CT

51 months ago

To: Candie

Did you finish the course recently or was this some time ago?
I heard hiring is different now than two years ago.
Congratulations on the new job if it was recent.

Sherese in Union City, Tennessee

51 months ago

Jennifer in Menominee, Michigan said: Has anyone ever heard of At Home Professions? I attended a seminar last night on taking a course for become a MT. I have never heard of them before but their course seems very comprehensive. Please let me know if you have heard of them and what your opinions are.

Jennifer, was just wondering what kind of info you found on the At Home Professions? They are offering a seminar here in Tennessee where I live tomorrow evening and was wondering if it is worth my time.....i see your post was about 10 months ago, so hopefully you will have some input.....thanks so much!

Sherese in Union City, Tennessee

51 months ago

Jennifer in Menominee, Michigan said: Has anyone ever heard of At Home Professions? I attended a seminar last night on taking a course for become a MT. I have never heard of them before but their course seems very comprehensive. Please let me know if you have heard of them and what your opinions are.

Jennifer, if you could please give me any infor on the At Home Professions seminar, it would be greatly appreciated....they are offering one here where I live in tennessee tomorrow evening and I would kind of like to know if I would be wasting my time, or were you able to start a successful career through them?? thanks alot!!

jan in Dillon, Montana

51 months ago

I am just finishing the Career Step course. Hopefully, I will be ready to take the final exam next month. Does anyone have any input on the final? How tough is it? I am not a good test taker and I am quite nervous.

50 months ago

Hey people are always saying to start with a word list in the beginning but where do i find the word list? Is there a place for it or are you just talking about as you go through start building one?

Candie

50 months ago

tornadojess in Saratoga Springs, Utah said: Hey people are always saying to start with a word list in the beginning but where do i find the word list? Is there a place for it or are you just talking about as you go through start building one?

If you go into the forum and do a search on word lists, you will find links to a few who have graciously shared theirs. However, your word list may be different. You can start your own in Excel, or check out Lil Red Notebook in the links. You can build your own. Either way, they are invaluable.

50 months ago

Candie said: If you go into the forum and do a search on word lists, you will find links to a few who have graciously shared theirs. However, your word list may be different. You can start your own in Excel, or check out Lil Red Notebook in the links. You can build your own. Either way, they are invaluable.

Thank you for your help! Hey question do you know on average how many words per minute you should do?

Prachi in Atlanta, Georgia

50 months ago

Hi! Well I read many reviews regarding the MT course, I m thinking of joining it through Career Step. I would appreciate if anyone help me out in taking a decision. I am from India and have done B.Sc with Medical Technology, I want to know that how do u find the course?Do u have idea whether Medical Billing n Coding is better than Medical Transcription for get job. I do sometimes have a little problem in understanding the pronunciation over here although I get most of it right, will that be a problem in doing Medical transcription?Besides I have dependent visa so will I get a job on this visa? If anyone can help me a little I would appreciate that a lot. Please do reply n let me know what I should do?

Thank you for your response! Since the last time I wrote in (not sure which comment you were replying to), I've enrolled in an MT course, with TRSi. It is excellent! Both the quality of the course, and the instructors, have exceeded my expectations.
I had originally considered "testing out" of the first semester, and perhaps additional ones, because of a background in healthcare (medical laboratory technology for 12 years; clinical herbal medicine for the last 13 years). However, I opted not to, and I'm so glad I did! I was humbled within a few days of starting Semester 1! It became evident--very quickly!--that medical transcription is its own specialty and requires a lot of study and practice. And, as you mentioned, even the grammar and syntax are particular to this field, and are challenging in themselves.
It is inspiring to hear that, after 36+ years, you are still learning new things every day - that's great!

Prachi in Atlanta, Georgia

50 months ago

Hi! Well I read many reviews regarding the MT course, I m thinking of joining it through Career Step. I would appreciate if anyone help me out in taking a decision. I am from India and have done B.Sc with Medical Technology, I want to know that how do u find the course?Do u have idea whether Medical Billing n Coding is better than Medical Transcription for get job. I do sometimes have a little problem in understanding the pronunciation over here although I get most of it right, will that be a problem in doing Medical transcription?Besides I have dependent visa so will I get a job on this visa? If anyone can help me a little I would appreciate that a lot. Please do reply n let me know what I should do?

shenna tucker in Charlotte, North Carolina

50 months ago

Hey. I was wondering if anybody that started CS through FCC on Feb. 3rd is finish yet? If not, where are you in your studies?

Jessie in Richmond, Virginia

50 months ago

I started Feb.3 and am sooo far behind! With being pregnant and teaching and just other things coming up..I am only halfway through Part I.

Jen H. in Summerville, South Carolina

50 months ago

I started CS through FTCC in March. I was doing great until I reached the Practicum portion. Is anyone else struggling with this part? Any advice? Also, does anyone know anything about the extensions you can get through FTCC?

Dreamie in Jackson, Mississippi

50 months ago

Has anyone taken and completed the Medical Coding and Billing course with Career Step?

HeavenNEarthMama in McLeansville, North Carolina

50 months ago

Jen H. in Summerville, South Carolina said: I started CS through FTCC in March. I was doing great until I reached the Practicum portion. Is anyone else struggling with this part? Any advice? Also, does anyone know anything about the extensions you can get through FTCC?

Hi, Jen,

I also started with FTCC in March. I haven't even reached the practicum yet! I'm panicked right now, since the study planner says I need to average 47 hours a week to finish on time. That's never going to happen!

If you are unable to finish in time, contact Sydney Darden at FTCC before the end date to let her know. She will assign you an "incomplete" until you inform her that you have finished the first part. After you finish the first part and she verifies your grades, you will be allowed to register for the second part. The important thing to note, though, is that Career Step only gives you 1 year from your original start date to complete the course. Regardless of the extensions you get through FTCC, you must complete the entire course in 365 days or less, or pay for an extension through CS directly.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.