Any reviews for Career Step or Andrews Training Corp?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1201 to 1250 of 1259)
Page:  « First « Previous   22  23  24  25  26  Next »   Last »

Primo in Sugar Land, Texas

36 months ago

Brooklyn!! I thought you weren't on here anymore.... I find it is easier on my body... editing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ingrid Fernandez in Miami

36 months ago

judy/carmen in Champaign, Illinois said:

Not German.... Judy - Redneck right? I do make more doing VR... if you don't like it then sorry....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

MichelleW in Suffolk, Virginia

36 months ago

Ingrid Fernandez in Miami said: Sorry, but not in my case and everyone's case is different.. right?? I am sharing what I am going through and not what I am reading on the internet. Understand that not everyone has the same experiences and some people talk bad about MT because for them it did not go well and may be they did not have what it takes to be MT and then have to talk negative about becoming a MT. I make more now as an editor than as a MT and that is the truth. I have been in MT for 8+ years and I am very quick at what I do and I am saying for me it has worked out.

Is this Ingrid from Costa Rica?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MichelleW in Suffolk, Virginia

36 months ago

Ingrid Fernandez in Miami said: For me it was worth it!! I did my course with Career Step and graduated and found a job within 2 months. I work from home and love it. I make my own schedule and have time to take and pick up my son from school and do homework with him. As long as there are doctors and patients, there is work so you don't have to worry about that. I was not hurt by the economy at all since people do not stop going to the doctors all over the US. A website that helped me out a lot was www.mtinformation.com Someone mentioned it to me and it has helped me out so much. It has a lot of helpful information that is all about medical transcription. Good luck! www.mtinformation.com

Hi Ingrid...nice to see you on here :)

Scared2BanMT in Suffolk, Virginia

36 months ago

MichelleW in Suffolk, Virginia said: Hi Ingrid...nice to see you on here :)

I'm sticking with you..not a lot of positive feedback for MT and Career Step. What's up with that? I also got an email trying to find funding for MT from MTACC.. www.mtacc.net/ What an impressive curriculum. Let me know what you think. It goes WAY beyond basic MT, very impressive and possibly more beneficial than CS curriculum. email me and I want your honest opinion for my future as an MT..I WANT TO BE JUST LIKE YOU!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ingrid Fernandez in Alajuela, Costa Rica

36 months ago

MichelleW in Suffolk, Virginia said: Hi Ingrid...nice to see you on here :)

Hello Michelle, nice to see you here too!!! Keep up your great work!!!

Chris in Denver, Colorado

36 months ago

Hi I was wondering if anyone had the text for CareerStep's pharmacy technician that I could buy?

Leo in Lebanon, Tennessee

35 months ago

Rak in Short Hills, New Jersey said: What is better for work at home, medical coding or transcription editing

I am an RHIT. I have been looking for work for over a year now. Coders that are experienced are working remotely more and more, as technology makes advances and it is possible to work from home and keep privacy and security of medical records in check. However, coding is a difficult field to break into without experience coding. It is a conundrum in the field. Yes, "they" say that the opportunities are increasing, and they are, if one is willing to put in the time, money and networking needed to get into the field. My suggestion is to go to www.ahima.org/ and learn all you can before making decisions about these careers.

Tyler in Folsom, California

35 months ago

Why blame Career Step for not finding your jobs for you, guys? They have a great deal of students & they provide exactly what they say they will. I just completed my course and cannot say enough good things about their interface as well as their student support. I was lucky enough to have a connection to a company via family, but I know several of the companies mentioned in this lengthy thread do offer their workers compensation of $100-$500 if we refer reliable MTs to them. Surely this isn't the hardest industry to crack into. Similarly to most others, however, it's good to know someone in it.

As far as the criticism of the MT industry in 2011, these voice-recognition software applications that people keep mentioning as competition are only good tools to a variable degree and *MOST* doctors *DO NOT* want to use them hands-on & edit their own as it pops up on the screen. They are quite willing to pay us transcriptionists to edit them for them. The payrate is near .04 per line on editing reports, but you can make up for that in GREAT quantity.

Career Step is a great course in order to learn this skill. It is not easy at first (is anything?), but most of the reports I type are NOT difficult to transcribe, even for beginners like myself.

I hear there is a bit more $$ in coding/billing. I've found being an MT to be a great foot in the door, myself. Fabulous part-time job and THANK YOU, CAREER STEP, you were an excellent school to learn from.

Melissa009 in Alajuela, Costa Rica

35 months ago

I agree with you 100% Tyler. I also attended Career Step and they were great!!! If you need help finding a job check out these resources and keep sending and trying, you will eventually find something. This website has some good resources to help you find employment. www.mtinformation.com/medical_transcription/jobs_online.html

Good luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Melissa009 in Alajuela, Costa Rica

35 months ago

judy/carmen in Brooklyn, New York said: Tyler and Melissa:

Are you employed in the advertising department of Career Step?

How much did you get paid for these posts?

How much do you get paid if you refer a new student to Career Step?

Thanks for answering.

Judy – I am not selling anything for Career Step but if someone goes their it is a great school... I graduated from their MT school and made something out of my life. I guess you are one of those MT's that never amounted to anything as a medical transcriptionist and the world owes you now. Move on... We are all getting tired of you negativity. It’s time to retire in this too… If you are no longer an MT why do you post on this website or is that all you do now with your free time. They delete your posts anyways, so why bother.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

kelly in Bowling Green, Kentucky

35 months ago

anyone know of some other blogs/forums about mt? I am sure careerstep is great and all but too many posts read like a cs employee wrote them. i would like unbiased genuine opinions. the mtinfo website that people keep throwing out there is informative, but i am willing to bet cs owns it or "sponsors" it. its 2011, how are recent graduates doing? how is the job market for newbies? can these questions be answered without mentioning cs?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mt_information in Miami

35 months ago

Hello Kelly, I wanted to tell you that I was the one who created www.mtinformation.com and I am just a single mom who did a lot of research and created this website to help other medical transcriptiontionists. I explain why and how I created this webpage on my page. I am sorry if I can across like CS created my page, but it was me not them! I am not sure if you went through my entire webpage but I list other top MT schools such as Allied and MTEC. I also list other forums as well. I think a lot of people talk about CS because it is an affordable MT school and they have good promotions going on all the time. I also attended CS and have experience with them and that is why I mention them on my webpage as being a good school. Back then they did not have all these promotions... lol There are a bunch of other MT schools out there so make sure to do your research and find the best one that will give you everything you are looking for after you graduate. Good luck with your search!

Leslie in Washington, District of Columbia

35 months ago

kelly in Bowling Green, Kentucky said: anyone know of some other blogs/forums about mt? I am sure careerstep is great and all but too many posts read like a cs employee wrote them. i would like unbiased genuine opinions. the mtinfo website that people keep throwing out there is informative, but i am willing to bet cs owns it or "sponsors" it. its 2011, how are recent graduates doing? how is the job market for newbies? can these questions be answered without mentioning cs?

mtdesk/mtchat is a very professional website with a lot of MT resources as well as a trustworthy forum frequented by experienced MTs, many of whom have their own transcription services. No one there is selling anything, and you will get a reliable spectrum of informed opinion on training and employment.

HELP FROM CLIFTON in Safford, Arizona

35 months ago

Primo in Richmond, Texas said: I attended and graduated Career Step. You can email me at llandman1@comast.net for further information.
Thanks!

I WANT TO TAKE THIS PROGRAM FOR MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST SO I CAN STAY AT HOME AND TAKE CARE OF MY FAMILY...HAS CAREER STEP CHANGED THEIR NAME AND IF YOU DO NOTMIND ME ASKING ARE U A MT AND HOW MUCH DO YOU MAKE?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Alicia in Prince George, British Columbia

34 months ago

I'm currently a student through CanScribe, which is based here in BC Canada, and CareerStep in the US, however CanScribe's course is done through CareerStep.

The websites are CanScribe.com and CareerStep.com

The staff there is extremely helpful. They also give you about a year to complete your course. If you can't get it done within that year, they do offer 4 month extensions. You can have up to 3 of these extensions which gives you an extra year in total. Upon signing up with them, you also get a number of different things, including Benchmark and Lil Red Notebook which are both great in my personal opinion. They have site forums which is full of staff and students who are all very helpful.

Before signing up with them, I did my research on different MT schools. I went as far as to call local businesses (including Northern Health, which is a big section of this province) and asked what schools they prefer. I asked about a number of schools. To some they replied that would never hire grads from. CanScribe was the best rated among all the business I called. If you would like to get into Medical Transcription, I will suggest you take a look at CanScribe or CareerStep.

You can email me at AliciaColville@hotmail.com if you have any questions or if I can help at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SaraT1978 in Wichita, Kansas

33 months ago

I think I will enroll in Career Step for Medical Transcription Editor. I asked the advisor if I gave myself 17 hours a week to the material, when did he think I would finish? He said about seven months? Is that about right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Linda W. in Nelson, British Columbia

33 months ago

Shirl in Coquitlam, British Columbia said: I am planning to take the Career Step course here in British Columbia Canada. The online school Canscribe located in BC is charging $5200.00CDN. which is extremely expensive and they use Career Step in their curriculum.....don't know why they charge so much considering they use the Career Step course. Does anyone know how to tap into the Canadian market after you graduate from Career Step. It seems like everyone in this forum is from the United States.

Hi Shirl,

I happened to come across this old post of yours and was surprised to see that you too live in Coquitlam (however I just moved to Nelson, BC). . I will be taking the course soon and I am currently looking to find someone who is willing to sell me their companions texts/cd's. I realize this was optional but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

If you do have these books and are interested in selling them, please feel free to contact me at linda_wagner@hotmail.ca

Thanks,

Linda.

Willow in Trenton, Ontario

33 months ago

stormyweather in Haverhill, Massachusetts said: wow I was trhinking about Career step but after reading some of these posts, I think I'll attend an accredited college! They are sounding more and more like transam associates, big scam!

Trust me, i went to their sister school in canada,,canscribe,,you are doing the right thing not going there!

33 months ago

SaraT1978 in Wichita, Kansas said: I think I will enroll in Career Step for Medical Transcription Editor. I asked the advisor if I gave myself 17 hours a week to the material, when did he think I would finish? He said about seven months? Is that about right?

DON'T! I have a friend who went there and oh my,,think very very carefully, they monitor every single site to 'sell' their courses and even make up fake profiles in order to make it sound like as if they are the absolute best! Don't fall for it,,i heard that school actually 'blacklists' you if you say anything remotely negative about them, they will put down and discredit every other school out there while making themselves look superior when they aren't, they are just an online college exactly like the hundreds upon thousands out there. My advice is go to a local college, that's what i did, and i'm working at the local hospital where i got to do my pratice for my practicum and i love every minute of it! I hope you heed my advice and listen to yourself and not that CS implant ( i can promise you, she's either working for them or there's something in it for her, guaranteed!)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

Melissa009 in Alajuela, Costa Rica said: Judy – I am not selling anything for Career Step but if someone goes their it is a great school... I graduated from their MT school and made something out of my life. I guess you are one of those MT's that never amounted to anything as a medical transcriptionist and the world owes you now. Move on... We are all getting tired of you negativity. It’s time to retire in this too… If you are no longer an MT why do you post on this website or is that all you do now with your free time. They delete your posts anyways, so why bother.

Don't be so hard on her, i know where she's coming from on this! The MT industry is not for everyone. I discovered that a bit too late, however, i am pretty confident that with what i learned, i might be able to find something different. For now though, i'm taking a break from what's been done to me by CS and eventually when i get my 'second wind' (and i will) i'm seriously thinking about medical coding/billing or further my skills into just being an editor, i would love that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SaraT1978 in Wichita, Kansas

33 months ago

You can take Career Step in Costa Rica? The MTE class wasn't explained to me very clearly but it does seem like a good program.

Duckfan29 in Redmond, Oregon

33 months ago

Hi everyone. I started the Medical Transcription Program through Allied Schools online about 2yrs ago. I am currently on Benchmark 5-1 & 5-2 in the Advanced Transcription Practicum class. 5-1 is a cardiac stress test and 5-2 is a sleep lab study. Unfortunately Allied School did not cover either of these reports in any of my studies so I am completely blindsided right now as to how I should do these reports. Has anyone out there done these kind of reports before? Or has anyone out there graduated from this program at Allied Schools and found a job doing medical transcription? Any kind of help would be very much appreciated :) Thanks.

Leslie in Washington, District of Columbia

33 months ago

Duckfan29 in Redmond, Oregon said: Hi everyone. I started the Medical Transcription Program through Allied Schools online about 2yrs ago. I am currently on Benchmark 5-1 & 5-2 in the Advanced Transcription Practicum class. 5-1 is a cardiac stress test and 5-2 is a sleep lab study. Unfortunately Allied School did not cover either of these reports in any of my studies so I am completely blindsided right now as to how I should do these reports. Has anyone out there done these kind of reports before? Or has anyone out there graduated from this program at Allied Schools and found a job doing medical transcription? Any kind of help would be very much appreciated :) Thanks.

I would recommend contacting the school and asking your instructors for help. That's what you're paying them for. If they're not helping, why are you paying them? You shouldn't have to scramble around looking for outside help. Your school should be providing what you need.

Best of luck to you.

Duckfan29 in Redmond, Oregon

33 months ago

Thanks for your reply :) I have called and begged for help numerous times, also sent in my work to them to review before sending it in for grading as they recommended I do and all they tell me is to relisten to it. Well relistening does nothing for you if you don't have an ounce of experience (no chapter on it, no worksheets, no quizzes,etc) with these 2 kinds of reports so I don't know what else to do at this point...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Blasian in Broomfield, Colorado

33 months ago

Hi, these reviews are amazingly helpful. Even with the few negative reviews, I'm leaning more towards enrolling at CS. But I'm wondering if it woule be wiser to do the MT editing course, as opposed to the basic MT course. Any advice or opinions?

Thanks so much!

Canadian MT grad in Dauphin, Manitoba

32 months ago

I know this is quite old, but if any one else happens to fall on this thread, while searching for MT facts, I want to clarify something that HOME MT INDIANA said.
QUOTE:
"As far as taking the CS course through a community college, I have seen quite a few people who have done this and still can't get a company to test them because while the program may be CS, the school is not, and that is where you took your course"

I have taken my course through another college, NOT CS, (Canscribe Career College) and I am very happy to say, I just graduated this month (Nov 2011) and I applied at 6 companies. I had 4 get back to me, wanting me to work with them.

Do not believe that you must enroll with Career Step in order to have a successful MT career. You don't.

MONICA LANGLEY in BROOKLYN, New York

32 months ago

I live in NY and have a family memebe rin NC that is taking the same course through Career Step for a lot less. I find it disturbing that the course that I am currently paying ver $2000 for is being offered through FTCC for $175. I understand each State has different regulations but that is a huge difference AND we are paying for the same course offered through Career Step. I think they should definitely offer the course at a more reasonable price considering the state of the economy. Not happy at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Anna in Raleigh, North Carolina

32 months ago

Just wondering if you finished the CS medical coding program heavennearthmama.

MJinATL in Decatur, Georgia

31 months ago

I too would like more info from those attending and/or graduated from Career Step in the CODING program. Is there anyone out there who KNOWS the difference (training/education wise) between the Andrews coding course and the Career Step coding course (NOT THE MT course) - I'm an MT now but trying to get out of it. Thanks!!!

Been a working MT for 3+ years in Lafayette, Indiana

31 months ago

MJinATL in Decatur, Georgia said: I too would like more info from those attending and/or graduated from Career Step in the CODING program. Is there anyone out there who KNOWS the difference (training/education wise) between the Andrews coding course and the Career Step coding course (NOT THE MT course) - I'm an MT now but trying to get out of it. Thanks!!!

I haven't checked into CS's coding program at all, so I'm not sure what is included in it, and I haven't attended Andrews' coding program, but I DID attend Andrews for MT (excellent program by the way) and everything I have read on the coding forum (Students had been given the ability to access all 3 school forums - coding, general, and MT - at one time but not sure if this is the case or not anymore), the graduates do VERY well after completion, both with passing the hardest certification tests and with obtaining that first job, because of the thoroughness of the program. When I get ready to take a coding program (possibly next year), I will definitely be calling Linda and enrolling there!

MJinATL in Decatur, Georgia

31 months ago

Thanks so much for the info. Actually, about an hour ago, I just got off the phone with Linda and have decided to go with Andrews come 02/2012!! I am so excited about going with the coding course AND Andrews.

unhappywithcareerstep in Spanish Fork, Utah

31 months ago

I recently did their medical transcription program and was disgusted with their lack f customer service. they make it all too clear that their objective is to make money andnot to help the student succeed. I was very sad and dissapointed with my experience there.

Valerie in Rancho Cucamonga, California

31 months ago

I too was told about Andrews School Coding Program...The teach extensively when it comes to coding...They have many graduates who have passed the CCS the first time around....It's set up in 3 modules and it takes 1 to 2 yrs to finish...I'm going in 2012 also...

Jenka in Atlanta, Georgia

28 months ago

Kat in Port Orchard, Washington said: I would definatly recomend looking into other options besides Career Step. I attended this program and it was a waste of money and my time. I completed the training and received my certificate and felt amazing until I was unable to get a job. I am starting all over again with a new training the good thing is, the company I am going through likes no experience so they are able to train you their own way. They prefer you have the MT knowledge but have not worked for anyone yet. I am thankful I found them and it was by accident talking to a lady in the grocery store who works for them. They are an independent contractor so pretty much unless you know someone thats working for them to recomend you its hard to just come accross one. They pay 10 cents a line. Not getting rich but at least I finally found a job. Career Step was WORTHLESS when it came to helping you find a job when you purchase the platinum package so if you do decide on them it is way to get SOME knowledge. Not so great getting a job afterwards.

Kat, do you think you could mention the name of the company you are working for? That would be most helpful. Thanks!

littlebee in Trenton, Ontario

28 months ago

Good for you^^ I haven't found anything since i graduated from CS last October and now i need to repay my loan. It at least gives me hope you found something
Congratulations !

Superior in Jacksonville, Florida

26 months ago

skigirl91164 in Johnson City, Tennessee said: Hello. i am seriously considering taking the MT course. My husband and i live in Mountain City , TN which is very remote. is there anyone out there who lives in a remote area, has taken the course, and has been employed and able to work at home?

Idle hands are the devil's workshop

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

papervoices in Goose Creek, South Carolina

25 months ago

Hi,

I'm thinking of enrolling in the Medical Billing and Coding course of Career Step and was wondering if any of you guys who have taken the same course can give me any feedback? How long did it take you to finish the course? Basically any info you could give about the school and/or the program would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

mike in London, Ontario

25 months ago

MedTranHome in Washington said: I'm curious if by "Andrews Training Corp" you mean this school: transcription.andrewsschool.com/

I've never heard of Andrews Training Corp for medical transcription, is why I ask.

Stay away from Career Step they set you up to fail the most reliable course is CanScribe

Sara in Brewer, Maine

25 months ago

Before signing on with Career Step did you talk to anyone whom had taken the online course?? Just a little skeptical about it, but am really interested.

Misty_ICMT in San Pedro, California said: Hi Kelli,

I graduated from Career Step in September 2007 and had a job within two weeks of graduating. I didn't pay for the extra assistance looking for a job, but found they were a great help anyways. I still continue to receive e-mails periodically regarding companies that have contacted Career Step looking for graduates. I currently work as an independent contractor and all my clients have come through information I found through Career Step. I felt very prepared going into the workforce after my training with Career Step and still use their message board as a reference for job opportunities and company research, reference materials, and equipment info. Being able to transcribe "real" reports straight from the doctors was tremendous in preparing me for the working world. I highly recommend them!

Good luck!

Misty

Sara in Brewer, Maine

25 months ago

Do you mind sending me your email address so I can ask you a few more questions? Thanks

Lauren? in Dallas, Georgia said: I feel like my training was just fine and thorough. I am 2 days on my new job and have had 100% QA grading on my submitted reports. Career Step is cheaper than both of those schools, and they are very nice people to deal with. It's up to you. I thought of Andrews and wanted to attend there, but it is SO expensive. They may teach more (I have no idea), but guess what? I got a job, and that's all that matters. The fact is that there is so much to learn after you graduate anyway that I really don't feel it matters if one goes to CS or Andrews. Every employer and account you are assigned to is different and will have their own rules and instructions. The point of school is to get that good base for building upon and learn the basic ropes. Everything beyond that is usually just style and subject to change once you are employed. I feel like CS prepared me well for what I am doing. And if you look on major MTSO sites, many of them recommend CS for training if you go to their Careers or application pain. Like MedQuist, etc.

slimdiva2 in tampa, Florida

21 months ago

So is Career Step a legit school to get your Medical Transciption degree from because I am highly interested in that course.

BABUSKA in Burnaby, British Columbia

19 months ago

MedTranHome in Washington said: I'm curious if by "Andrews Training Corp" you mean this school: transcription.andrewsschool.com/

I've never heard of Andrews Training Corp for medical transcription, is why I ask.

Honestly, i think CanScribe Career college is better! The teachers are very supportive and you actually learn something!
Canscribe is one of the top medical transcription schools and they are AHDI approved. AHDI is a medical transcription association that reviews and approves certain schools that meet their high standards. There is a full review of the canscribe course at canscribe.com/medical-transcription-home/ And it is all online too.

Another thing I would suggest to you is to get your Registered Medical Transcriptionist (RMT) certification through AHDI after you graduate. With a 6% estimated growth rate, you will need to do everything you can to pump up your resume to help you stand out from other applicants. Career Step does also offer graduate assistance after you graduate to help you find a job.

Good luck with your search!

peewee8500@yahoo.com

19 months ago

Hi, I was inquiring about the Medical transcription class I am about to enroll in the class. I would like to get some job recommendations that you may have.
jacquline

Patforever in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

13 months ago

I am considering Career Step for Medical Coding and Billing. Can you give me some imput on the school. I live in Philadelphia. I sure would like to go to a school that is on the east coast. Can't find any. Can someone help with a good referral.
Looking forward to here from someone
Pat

SimplyBillie in Kingman, Arizona

13 months ago

Patforever in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I am considering Career Step for Medical Coding and Billing. Can you give me some imput on the school. I live in Philadelphia. I sure would like to go to a school that is on the east coast. Can't find any. Can someone help with a good referral.
Looking forward to here from someone
Pat

Hi Pat! I've heard nothing but great things about their Medical Coding and Billing program. I graduated from them in Medical Transcription and absolutely LOVED the school. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at bcharmed01@yahoo.com.
Best of Luck!
~Billie

cvadh001 in Los Angeles, California

12 months ago

Hi everyone,

I am interested in becoming a certified medical biller/coder and I'm looking at Career Step as one of my options... (I am also looking at UCR's extension medical billing and coding class, I can't decide yet).

Does anyone have any experience with their medical coding and billing class? This thread mostly talks about medical transcription but if anyone used Career Step for the medical billing and coding class, please post!! I would like to enroll into one of these courses by the end of July (for the discount :p)

Shereen in Birmingham, Alabama

10 months ago

ShaNay in Douglasville, Georgia said: I started the Career Step Medicl Billing and coding course about two months ago. I am trying to finish by November. I am going full time . As I was reading on here lots of people have said it was a waste of time and money. Can someone please email me or respond to me on here about there experience with medical billing and coding. Smcquirter@gmail.com
Thanks

I am thinking real hard about attend Career Step for Medical Billing and Coding. Can you please tell me how you experience was and was you able to get certified through AAPA or AHIMA

Shereen in Birmingham, Alabama

10 months ago

I am thinking about enrolling in Career Step program for Medical Billing and Coding and was wondering have anyone attended the program,how was the experience and did you get certified through AAPC OR AHIMA

please email me with feedback poodlebaba@yahoo.com

OwensMommy in Gilbert, Arizona

10 months ago

I too am interested in the Medical Coding program at Career Step. I have checked out many of the schools accredited by AHIMA, but they all take at least 15 months to complete and you don't have the flexibility to complete the program at your own pace. I am "this close" to starting with Career Step. I am holding back slightly because I know it is hard to break into this field without actual experience.

I am looking for a mid-life career change, and have been interested in the medical field since I was a child. I am currently in a very high stress job and it's wearing on me. This would be a significant drop in salary for me, but my current job has taken years off my life with the level of stress, worry, and responsibility. I am in a point in my life where I am done with all that. Can Coding be a stressful job? Are you required to code a certain amount of records in a specific time frame?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide input.

Page:  « First « Previous   22  23  24  25  26  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.