What are typical monitor technician salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

el in Hopatcong, New Jersey

88 months ago

12-15 per hr

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jules in Reno, Nevada

84 months ago

start at $11.50 in reno.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ivan

81 months ago

16 an hour ..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pat in Moreno Valley, California

74 months ago

Would being a former CCU RN and medical transcriptionist help me become a monitor tech?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Pam in Modesto, California

72 months ago

Look, EKG Recognition is a 12 week course you can take at any hospital for about $60. If your lucky, they will hire you. Most hospitals dont have the need for more than a handful of monitor techs as there are only so many floors that have telemetry. My hospital has only 3 areas. The telemetry floor, the ICU and the Oncology floor. So only 3 per any given shift for the entire hospital. Its a tough job to get but an easy one if you like sitting for 12hrs a day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

coco779@*****.*** in Sun City, California

71 months ago

The ryhthms are not too difficult if you remember the shape and origin of each beat, whether atrial, ventricular, and there is a bit of measuring of the different complexes of the beat; P wave, QRS, ST-wave, etc, and then learning to discern changes in the rhythm, what is dangerous and what just needs to be watched. I was a CCU nurse for 15 years and EKGs are fascinating.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.