American Sterling Bank

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Oceans11 in Aliso Viejo, California

77 months ago

Any views on this company? I'd like to know specifically about their Foothill Ranch Ca, branch & how people on the Operations side (underwriting, funding, QC) view this company. I have a few friends there & some love it & others hate it. The ones that hate it only hate it due to one manager but since I wouldn't be working in that department I guess I wouldn't have to worry about that person.

I'm just trying to figure out why they appear to be extremely busy & booming in a time where everyone else including the big boys are closing & consolidating. Are they just a time bomb ticking?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Reid in Huntington Beach, California

77 months ago

Hi there Oceans 11! This is Reid from Huntington Beach. I have applied for a job position there before. I always see that every 3 months or so, they are looking for someone again for that same position, either it is a Sr. Underwriter, Sr. QC, or a Sr. Funder. I guess the reason why I have not been asked in for a interview is because I have more knowledge and experience then the people that will interview me. Or it could be that there are some people there that I have worked with in the past, when I was their Boss and are afraid to interview me. But it could be that they are looking for someone with little knowledge and experience that they can train. I have over 30 years in the industry of knowledge and experience with all aspects of the lending business.

From what I have heard in the industry is that ASB is a very conservative Bank. But they had been having some growing problems for the last few months. I don't know what problems those are.

Good Luck with the job and I hope it is what you are looking for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Oceans11 in Aliso Viejo, California

77 months ago

Hey Reid, thanks for the reply. Another possible reason for them not interviewing you is some places in mortgage lending are extremely "clicky", you may not fit for a myriad of reasons from age, sex or if you just didn't come from the companies everyone else migrated from your ousted!

Well, good luck to you too & I hope you find something soon! With your experience if someone doesn't pick you up there missing out.

American Turdling in Los Angeles, California

69 months ago

I work there and is was the worst place I have ever work at. As of today the FEDS close them down. They were full of dirty tricks that finally caught up with them.

Oceans11 in South OC, California

69 months ago

Yeah, I heard they were taken over by FDIC on last Friday, announced on Monday & now they recountered & decided to close it! WOW!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.