How Do You Recover Your FHA CHUM#

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

benny in Houston, Texas

55 months ago

I were a FHA underwriter from 1999 to 2000. And I were assigned a DE CHUM# but could not remember the CHUM# now. My question is , does the CHUM# stay with you or you loss it once you don't underwrite FHA loan anymore. If the CHUM# stay with you , how do you recover the CHUM# fom HUD?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No Reply - Report abuse

mtggirl1 in Lakewood, New Jersey

50 months ago

Hi,
I am in a similar situation as I have my DE for years but have not actually underwritten FHA/VA loans for nine years. I have been on interviews and some companies want you to retest with the government agencies by submitting appraisal reviews, etc. and others say that retesting is not required and it's up to them to hire you not based on your entire experience.
Therefore, it depends on the company and your overall experience with government financing. In addition, there are companies that are making us take an assessment test before they will even interview us.. such as Bank of America.. and I believe it is called an RGU assessment. Good Luck : )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lbalthazar in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

50 months ago

I have my DE # and have not used it in about 4 years.... but I want to update my # and do some contract work.... lbalthazar@cox.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lbalthazar in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

50 months ago

Please Help.... :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dick in Manhattan, Kansas

38 months ago

If you were an approved FHA Underwriter and received a CHUMs number, according to FHA, you are still an approved DE Underwriter. Call FHA Connections (sorry this website won't let me post the toll free number hint: the old toll free 3 numbers and then CallFHA) this is the national FHA hotline. They will ask you what region issued your CHUMS number and direct you there. From there it's a process to associate you with an approved FHA lender (assuming you are or will be working for one).

FHA doesn't require any retesting or recertification however it would be a good idea to take some refresher classes especially on appraisal review and issuing the conditional commitment.

Hope that helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

patrick

29 months ago

I would like to recover my fha loan can you help me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bronze27x@aol.com in Los Angeles, California

27 months ago

Need to know how to reover my chum number from HUD

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

Please see my earlier suggestion. Call the FHA Hotline, tell them your need to recover your number. They will ask what region you obtained your number and then direct you to the appropriate person.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Raquel in Denver, Colorado

27 months ago

Hi I am also a DE Underwriter that has not underwritten in 8 years. I have found paper work from previous employment listing a bunch of numbers, but I cannot remember which one is my actual CHUMS ID. Can anyone out there tell me how many digits / letters or the format that the number would be in. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

Not sure how many digits these days but mine starts with a letter then 3 numbers. Of course I have been a DE for over 20 years so it may have changed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

atoria in Federal Way, Washington

16 months ago

Raquel in Denver, Colorado said: Hi I am also a DE Underwriter that has not underwritten in 8 years. I have found paper work from previous employment listing a bunch of numbers, but I cannot remember which one is my actual CHUMS ID. Can anyone out there tell me how many digits / letters or the format that the number would be in. Thanks

** start a thought, and what I did I looked for it in my old email account - it was remote to a company's closing department - if you remember we had to use ZFHA when we had used the DU/LP findings and our own chums number for files that 'we' actually were approving without the DU/LP finding or whatever.. and that is where I found mine.. and it is a letter and and three numbers as stated in another message there within this forum. But, I save everything so you might want to do a search. V

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.