Fortace Questions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (29)

obsea in Ormond Beach, Florida

61 months ago

Anybody have any experience with Fortace. I had an interview with them for a Fraud Review position - I have extensive experience in the this field. A friend of mine had 3 interviews with them and then a writing test - she also has extensive experience. The interviews were "strange" and after being told that all went well we never heard back from them, yet I see they are still hiring. It appears that they are promising alot and delivering very little.
Does anyone have any positive experience with Fortace to report?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

JLTNorrix in Woodland Hills, California

61 months ago

A FORTACE representative contacted me by email about a week ago explaining they found my resume in monster.com and of course confirming that I had the background they were looking for and wanted to interview. I had read a comment earlier in this forum that they also had a strange experience interviewing with them. I did not respond to the email and quickly received another email from this individual at FORTACE offering work. I did respond to the second email saying I would get back to him later in the week. He responded immediately..look forward to hearing from you. I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has actually done ANY worked for them. I'm not sure I should be wasting my time with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MtgProfessional in Lawrenceville, Georgia

59 months ago

I had 3 interviews with them, the final was with one of the owning partners. I have years of Frontline, QC & Due Diligence underwriting experience and I didn't get the job. They did not give me an explanation why just that they wanted to pursue other candidates. That was back in Sept but I have been seeing their ads constantly. I'm starting to think they are a scam, after all the owners where higher ups at IndyMac Bank.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Highly Experienced in Wichita, Kansas

57 months ago

My Personal Experience With Fortace:
In December 2009 I submitted my resume to Fortace, through Cyber Coders. A representative from Cyber Coders contacted me almost immediately, speaking very positive to my qualifications as compared to the job description. I was afforded two phone interviews and asked to submit a writing sample. The day after I sent my completed writing sample, the CyberCoders representative contacted me to let me know that Fortace had decided to "pass" on me, in favor of pursuing other candidates.

My Work History:
I have a great deal of fraud research, and repurchase case management experience with one of the largest financial institutions in this nation. I have worked in the mortgage industry in numerous capacities for 10 years (supervisory, research, analysis, product development, etc.) with every position resulting in the offering of a promotion.

Further:
I have known two other college educated, highly experienced and knowledgable individuals who have submitted resumes' to Fortace, only to experience similar treatment.

Is it a scam? What would be the point? Other than my work history, they requested no other personal information?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

ascot in Atlanta, Georgia

54 months ago

I share a similar story: writing sample, 3 interviews- the last with a "managing partner" only to get an e-mail saying that they were looking for a person that matched with a more qualified applicant. They promise $85/ per audit for 60 days (after 60 days, if returned from QC more than 3 times, pay would be $70/per file) but could not guarantee how many loans I would get during the week. If only 5 were given during a week- it would benefit me more to stay on unemployment! I wonder what their angle is since I did not give out any other personal info besides work history.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hello My Name Is in Phoenix, Arizona

52 months ago

I hear they find all kinds of excuses to make you rework a file. I'm not interested in fighting to collect money I've earned.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

schaston in Clarkston, Michigan

51 months ago

I actually went through the extensive interview process with Fortace and after the phone interview with the managing partner, he hired me on the spot. I was excited for the opportunity to work from home and they told me I could have as many files as I could handle. It sounded great, until I started...

From June to August I was only given 13 files. After all of the work was completed we were told the client was not happy with the structure of the files and wanted us to re-work the batch of the first 500 files from that client. We have been in limbo ever since. As a favor to us they paid the auditors for the work they had done but now we have to rework the files for free. So I have been there for 10 weeks and I've been paid about $1,300, with no hope of another paycheck any time soon.

At first I was trying to some some friends/colleagues get into Fortace but now I am telling everyone to run away.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

schaston in Clarkston, Michigan

51 months ago

I actually went through the extensive interview process with Fortace and after the phone interview with the managing partner, he hired me on the spot. I was excited for the opportunity to work from home and they told me I could have as many files as I could handle. It sounded great, until I started...

From June to August I was only given 13 files. After all of the work was completed we were told the client was not happy with the structure of the files and wanted us to re-work the batch of the first 500 files from that client. We have been in limbo ever since. As a favor to us they paid the auditors for the work they had done but now we have to rework the files for free. So I have been there for 10 weeks and I've been paid about $1,300, with no hope of another paycheck any time soon.

At first I was trying to some some friends/colleagues get into Fortace but now I am telling everyone to run away.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jenlynmark in Wichita, Kansas

51 months ago

ascot in Atlanta, Georgia said: I share a similar story: writing sample, 3 interviews- the last with a "managing partner" only to get an e-mail saying that they were looking for a person that matched with a more qualified applicant. They promise $85/ per audit for 60 days (after 60 days, if returned from QC more than 3 times, pay would be $70/per file) but could not guarantee how many loans I would get during the week. If only 5 were given during a week- it would benefit me more to stay on unemployment! I wonder what their angle is since I did not give out any other personal info besides work history.

I notice that you are from Atlanta. Are you still looking for work? I have a lead on contract positions in Dallas and Atlanta. Housing/Relo is not paid for, but a nationwide third party recruiter is placing with a very large well known financial institution. I am trying to help this recruiter with leads because he had worked very hard in getting me a (great) job with Fannie Mae, which I ended up turning down. My email address is jennifermarkham@me.com and FB is Jennifer Willis-Markham. I have no ulterior motives, I just believe that networking is key.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bob G in San Ramon, California

50 months ago

I sent Fortace my resume 10 days ago. I got a call from a recruiter who was very nice, he sent me a skills evaluation. I e-mailed it back the next day. No response from Fortace at all. I followed up yesterday to see how things were going. No response. They are on Linkened so they appear to be legitimate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Marc in Atlanta, Georgia

50 months ago

Here is everything you need to know about Fortace as I "worked" there for 8 long months:

I'll start by saying I do not recommend this company to my worst enemy but I will lay it out for you.

I was there for 8 months. I averaged about 40 hours of work a week, most of which was doing the same file over and over because they never know what the client wants for about the first 2 months of a project.

In those eight months I made anywhere between 300 dollars and 2,700 per month. For the 8 months, the total income was 11,150.

11,150 divided by 8 = 1,393 per month. That's about 8 bucks an hour.

If you are still interested in this terrible operation, let me tell you that 2 of the months were the result of a special one time project where the income was 2,300 and the 2,700 for 2 months. Take out that 5k for those 2 months and the income for the other 6 months was an average of 1,025 per month or about 6.40 an hour.

They have 90% turnover every 3 months. Save yourself the time and hassle. They'll promise you the world and I believed it until I finally had enough of being taken advantage of.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

loansbycj in Mesquite, Texas

48 months ago

Jenlynmark in Wichita, Kansas said: I notice that you are from Atlanta. Are you still looking for work? I have a lead on contract positions in Dallas and Atlanta. Housing/Relo is not paid for, but a nationwide third party recruiter is placing with a very large well known financial institution. I am trying to help this recruiter with leads because he had worked very hard in getting me a (great) job with Fannie Mae, which I ended up turning down. My email address is jennifermarkham@me.com and FB is Jennifer Willis-Markham. I have no ulterior motives, I just believe that networking is key.

I just came across this posting and wanted to know if the positions were still available in Dallas. I can send you my resume if so.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jenlynmark in Wichita, Kansas

48 months ago

loansbycj in Mesquite, Texas said: I just came across this posting and wanted to know if the positions were still available in Dallas. I can send you my resume if so.

Yes they are. Send me an email, and I will reply by an introduction email to the contact offering the postions.

loansbycj in Mesquite, Texas

48 months ago

my email address is loansbycj@yahoo.com. If you send me your email address, I can forward you my resume.

bmurphy

48 months ago

Has anyone else found a better company to work with from home??

Niecy in Lawrenceville, Georgia

44 months ago

Very interested in the contracting position. Are they still available? I know its been several months since you posted this. Thanks in advance, Niecy

Jenlynmark in Wichita, Kansas said: I notice that you are from Atlanta. Are you still looking for work? I have a lead on contract positions in Dallas and Atlanta. Housing/Relo is not paid for, but a nationwide third party recruiter is placing with a very large well known financial institution. I am trying to help this recruiter with leads because he had worked very hard in getting me a (great) job with Fannie Mae, which I ended up turning down. My email address is jennifermarkham@me.com and FB is Jennifer Willis-Markham. I have no ulterior motives, I just believe that networking is key.

Nancy in Dallas, Texas

44 months ago

My husband got email saying they found his resume on monster and then after a conference call with almost 1OO PPL...and he filled out all paperwork and contract agreement and sent it last week. I want to know if anyone has had similar experiance? I am afaraid is it all fraud?

Nancy in Dallas, Texas

44 months ago

Nancy in Dallas, Texas said: My husband got email saying they found his resume on monster and then after a conference call with almost 1OO PPL...and he filled out all paperwork and contract agreement and sent it last week. I want to know if anyone has had similar experiance? I am afaraid is it all fraud?

Same here.. I haven't heard back from them yet. I hope it's not fraud..

Tee in Melbourne Beach, Florida

43 months ago

Same here, emailed on Monday and asked for an update, got a reply they would be in contact this week but no reply yet..starting to get concerned it is a scam

Nancy in Dallas, Texas

43 months ago

Tee in Melbourne Beach, Florida said: Same here, emailed on Monday and asked for an update, got a reply they would be in contact this week but no reply yet..starting to get concerned it is a scam

hey Tee..its not a scam I guess...as my husband did get response back from them today syaing they are still processing application and will be in touch after finalisation with their client.

Tee in Palm Bay, Florida

43 months ago

Did you every hear back from them?

Tee in Palm Bay, Florida

43 months ago

Did your husband get hired or hear back from them?

Nancy in Dallas, Texas

43 months ago

Hi..Tee we did email them but have had no response so far...just said they are in process of finalization...now I feel its a scam!

Mickey in Rancho Santa Margarita, California

43 months ago

Nancy in Dallas, Texas said: Hi..Tee we did email them but have had no response so far...just said they are in process of finalization...now I feel its a scam!

Just got a e-mail from them today after I asked them what was going on. They said pretty much the same thing about finalization and also said there is no time frame. They will contact me once this is resolved, and may or may not even be selected. I also spoke with the rep last week, that the job request went through and he said it could takes, days, weeks or may never pan out. I told him thanks for the false hope and that I had put off looking for work under the assumption that I was already hired (according to an e-mail I received from Fortace). Just can't trust anyone.

blue in Aliso Viejo, California

42 months ago

I think Fortace.com is collecting information from desperate people who are in need of a job. I have a feeling they are doing something suspiciously that we are not aware of. Do not apply with them. I just hoope they are not selling my info out.

Marc in Alpharetta, Georgia

42 months ago

Scroll up to see my 8 month experience with them. Dont waste your time with these folks.

FORENSIC LOAN UNDERWRITER in Antioch, California

41 months ago

BEWARE of this company. The lead people for this company are both the former President and Vice President of Indy Mac Bank. If they could not run a bank successfully, would you dare want to depend on their ability to be successful in Loan Fraud? Reviewing all the comments posted here should all tell you the true story. How many of you can be wrong? Move on in your search and don't be fooled by false promises. Marc in Alpharetta has it correctly.
Good Advice Mark.

ocngail in Stuart, Florida

41 months ago

Are there any good forensic underwriting jobs out there?

Jane Kennedy in San Clemente, California

32 months ago

obsea in Ormond Beach, Florida said: Anybody have any experience with Fortace. I had an interview with them for a Fraud Review position - I have extensive experience in the this field. A friend of mine had 3 interviews with them and then a writing test - she also has extensive experience. The interviews were "strange" and after being told that all went well we never heard back from them, yet I see they are still hiring. It appears that they are promising alot and delivering very little.
Does anyone have any positive experience with Fortace to report?

Fortace does not have integrity. Please evaluate carefully

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.