Kim Chapa - Mortgage Job Leads

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Laura in Boynton Beach, Florida

52 months ago

I am more than interested and would really appreciate the info. I would offer some as well but I have nothing worth sharing : (

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

underwriter30exp in Pottstown, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

recruiters are out there whom do not know the mortgage business , previous we had the MI Companies that were using contractors under their umbrella's - it was simple and so much clearer. Now recruiters are confusing our credentials and compensation worth. Experience and long term government and conventioal underwriters are being forced out by the new and cheaper DE's. I am disgusted with the recruiters whom have no regard for us the 'bodies' filling these positions. I have been sent on assignments that were so far from my home base that I drove 2hrs to get there for $22.00 per hour assignment the underwriter job went to DE just received my 30 yrs was not worth anything. I know I am not alone in this new climate. I have conventional, government, sub prime underwriting experience over 30 yrs and I am treated as if I am worthless - bitter does not describe how I feel...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mtggirl1 in Lakewood, New Jersey

50 months ago

Hi there,
I know how you feel. I have 38 years experience in the mortgage business. For the past eighteen years I have been undewriting but I have been a contract underwriter for past nine years. I have my DE/Lapp but have not used them in nine years.. so the problem is that I just need a company to give me a chance to prove to them what I can do and give me a refresher course in FHA/VA and I should be good to go... I feel that you are right that DE underwriting use to mean squat and now it means everything. I feel cheated by this industry after giving so much for 38 years.. now these employers just look at me as a number, not my experience as a whole. But I will not work for peanuts and will find the right employer that will give me the opportunity to underwrite government loans again. It's their loss. Good Luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

underwriter30exp in Pottstown, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

Hi mtggirl1,

Thanks for your comment, your DE number is older one so that should (did I say should) get your foot in the door. The good old MRI books are the best for all the recent changes which have made it easier than before. Pull the guides from HUDCLIPS on HUD website. Everyone (if they are smart) are always referring to both, as well as, reading the AUS findings. FHA Connection is another source of reference once you are hired. Your Lapp number is older too. On the appraisals if you have a question, you can call VA and go over your concerns. VA will test you on their website so you can be a SAR.

Hope this helps.

Good luck and never underestimate yourself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.