MRI Network Commercial Underwriters wanted BUUUT not you mortgage people!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Joe in Laguna Niguel, California

74 months ago

This is the kind of complete BS I see from the Commercial Lending side which in my mind is completely discriminatory towards mortgage underwriters wanting to expand their own knowledge & become better educated within the underwriting field. How can you just bar a whole field from applying?

I've said this in another topic, but Commercial Underwriting & Lending need to get off their high horses. This position CAN be taught, you don't need a Phd in finance!!

To be fair, yes Commercial Underwriting is way different, it is more involved, it delves farther into corporate financial structures, accounting, profit & loss on a corporate scale but it can still BE TAUGHT!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Reid in Huntington Beach, California

73 months ago

Joe in Laguna Niguel!!! I agree with your Big BS about those Commercial Ads. But I have over 33 years in the Lending Industry. With 20 years in Commercial and 12 years in Mortgage Lending. But the people that are hiring for Commercial have a sheet of paper with all the Key Words they are looking for a Commercial Underwriter. Like if you used words or sentences on your Resume that they don't understand. They will pass over your Resume. Here are some of those words and sentences: Risk and Exposure Factor, Review and coordinate quality control along the due diligence material required for syndication, Review Third Party Reports required for syndication including; market studies, engineering review, environmental review and appraisal, and etc. I got my trained in Commercial Lending from one of the biggest banks in the World, Lloyd's Bank when they did banking here in the U.S. The thing that I tried to say is that the hiring people are either clueless or stupid. You are right about you don't need a PhD in finance!! All you need is Math Skills and Common Senses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.