what's an experience underwriter competitive asking salary/per diem

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

seeking uwg position in Huntington Station, New York

46 months ago

I'm trying to get an idea as to what the fair market salary/per hour been offered to contract underwriters and what i should be asking for. What is Bank of america, wells fargo, citibank, other mid size company etc. paying?. What are you guys experiencing out there? For both local and travel work.
I've been an underwriter for over 10yrs. have underwrite and compliance all papers. I'm not DE certified. However, I've processed FHA loans. i know the automated systems as well. and i also have management experience.
Thanks guys....love this forum

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

helmon in New Brunswick, New Jersey

44 months ago

It can range from $65k to $75K

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Eric in Boston, Massachusetts

43 months ago

I would say Helmon is on target for less desirable areas (on site underwriter). In New York you would probably command more than 75K a year.

My underwriting positions in Richmond, Orland and Atlanta will command around 70K median for someone like you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ttaylor in Snoqualmie, Washington

32 months ago

Hi I use to be a mortgage contractor and I have lost all of my contacts with the companies and others and I will like to start contracting again. Can anyone tell me what companies are hiring for an contractor mortgage closer,processor or underwriter positions. I live in Saint Louis looking for local and traveling as well.Many Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.