Comments (51 to 100 of 428)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

freebird in Warren, Ohio

66 months ago

yed you can get your cdl i did

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Craig in California, Maryland

66 months ago

freebird in Warren, Ohio said: yes uyou can get your cdl with 2 dui no you will not looose your cdl with 2 dui s on your cdl

I thought I could get a CDL back in IOWA after 2 dui's but someone told me I could not in Maryland...donno
I drove a truck for 29 years that's pretty much all I no.. beside running a loader and some equipment...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Keon Hartsfield in Atlanta

65 months ago

I just got my cdl graduated May 27, 09. Then messed around a week or 2 later and got a d.u.l. I was really trying 2 get in my own big rig but, now i don't know what to do. I don't know whats going 2 happen or if i will ever get to drive another truck again. I didn't even get to work with a company or nothing. Im so disappointed in myself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Terry in Blanchard, Oklahoma

65 months ago

worse case you will be able to drive in 3 to 5 years, but that is not helping you now most companies won't even talk to you minimum of 3 years I drove for 35 years got a dui 2 years ago and I can not get a driving job yet and I had a good driving record except for the dui.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lester smith in Yucaipa, California

65 months ago

I don't want to sound discouraging, but I must say getting a DUI in 06 and being a truck driver for 24 years has destroyed my life. I've lost my home, almost my wife, kids trust, almost lost my mind it has been rough. I couldn't find anyone out there willing to give a second chance so I must agree with henry47 we have to hang in there. God Bless

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

lester smith in Yucaipa, California

65 months ago

Yea I know. Most jobs are stating 10 years. This is all I have done also and will be 60 in a couple of years. As a result I have totally put an alcohol down because I tell you this has destroyed my complete life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

I have a DUI that I got in my jeep 2 years ago I drove for the same company for 22 years pulling a tanker and a flat bed I have been trucking for 35 years I have pulled reefers and dry vans also if anybody can help me please let me know. I have no accidents record was clean until the Dui for thirty five years.
trukdrver@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

rc in Granite City, Illinois

65 months ago

freebird in Warren, Ohio said: call falcon in youngstown ohio

Hey try Swift they hired me with 2 worked for them for a 1 1/2 there a good starting place though they must be over 5 yrs old

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HouseMouse

65 months ago

Another you might try is Crete Carriers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kw in Eau Claire, Wisconsin

64 months ago

i just got my 2nd dui the first one was 4 years old and now just a day ago i got my 2nd. I am wondering if i will be able to get my cdl at all cause i want to go to school for diesel mechanics and most jobs require cdls.
Please help me find out thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bestwrench45 in Advance, North Carolina

64 months ago

All you people having DUI's, I guess I don't understand? Have you never heard of sweet tea? or coke or pepsi? We have families out there on the road. I think everbody should be respectful to truckers but give me a break,what if you or your child got hit and killed by a drunk driver,I had a great aunt that got hit head on by one of you years ago and unfortunately,the driver died at the scene,had a full un opened beer can shoved into his chest,she spent the rest of her life in a nursing home as a vegetable,her daughter was in the car with her and as far as I know now lives a pretty normal life, although she had to grow up without a mother.Please for the love of god STOP drinking and driving,think of the life you may save!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (44) Reply - Report abuse

tin man

64 months ago

swiftdriver in Omaha, Nebraska said: I'd recommend applying at swift.drivers-central.com .

plz give me some info on swift i am fixing 2 grad truck driving school an im trying to find a company that will have the best in everything n return the will get a driver that is decated to the company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Craig in Great Mills, Maryland

64 months ago

tin man said: plz give me some info on swift i am fixing 2 grad truck driving school an im trying to find a company that will have the best in everything n return the will get a driver that is decated to the company

No matter where you go the grass is always greener on the other side... you just need to try differnt ones!!till you find one you like..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tom Anders in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

64 months ago

I want to get my CDL .....I am age #48 . WILL COMPANIES LOOK AT MY AGE (getting close to 50 ) as a NEGATIVE ???? The "LAW" may say #1 thing, but recruiters can always find an excuse if they want to. ANY DRIVERS JUST STARTING OUT NEAR MY AGE ?? THANKS !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HouseMouse

64 months ago

hubby is 49 here

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tom Anders in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

64 months ago

IS IT DIFFICULT FOR A *NEW* CDL TO GET A JOB AT AGE 50 ??? ANY ADVICE ; OTHER THAN KEEP LOOKING ; FOR ME PLEASE ?? THANKS !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cabingirl913

63 months ago

I THINK THE FIRST DUI SHOULD NOT BE PUT ON YOUR RECORD BECAUSE IT WAS A MISTAKE. IT RUINS TOO MANY PEOPLES LIVES. BUT IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE IT SHOULD SHOW ON YOUR RECORD BECAUSE IT WAS NOT A MISTAKE AFTER THE FIRST ONE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

primo90631 in Lake Forest, California

63 months ago

I have story it took place in fullerton calif 11/15/2006 I did it a DUI it was the worst thing to happan to me I was only two block's away from my house while riding a motorcycle,i was going thru a bad marrige and 600k in debt and a wife addicted to meth,I was working for conway freight as a local driver,I allmost wanted to kill myself but with family and freinds I check in a inpatient clinic and change my life around,I lost myself dealing with a addicted,I had a beautiful person name raquel my current wife to pull thru the hard time,in 2007 I appiled for roadway and got hire for a dockworker and before getting hire the manager ask me did you learn your lesson and of course I said yes,he told me you get your CDL I will hire you in april 2008 I did get my licence again and drove for roadway,it's really strange how life come about,am laid off from YRC worldwide but I have say you can never give up I love driving truck's that's what we do..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bowbearhunter

63 months ago

I,M SO GLAD THAT YOUR LIFE IS SO MUCH BETTER NOW. I JUST HOPE SOMEONE GIVES ME A CHANCE. I TURNED MYSELF AROUND BUT IT,S SO HARD I JUST DON,T WANT TO GIVE UP. I JUST WANT TO WORK HARD FOR SOMEONE IN THE TRUCKING IDUSTRY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

primo90631 in Lake Forest, California

62 months ago

expundment will help your record out

crunch in Snellville, Georgia

61 months ago

I am 53 (look 40) w/ 3-4 DUI's. Last one 1992, which is 18 yrs. ago. Can I get hired? I've got a clean 7 yr. MVR. Thanks-

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

HouseMouse

61 months ago

crunch in Snellville, Georgia said: I am 53 (look 40) w/ 3-4 DUI's. Last one 1992, which is 18 yrs. ago. Can I get hired? I've got a clean 7 yr. MVR. Thanks-

Try Crete Carriers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

help nc in Charlotte, North Carolina

60 months ago

i have a misdemeanor marijuana charge from 2003 what are my chances of getting a truck driving job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

help nc in Charlotte, North Carolina

60 months ago

i have a misdemeanor marijuana charge from 2003 what are my chances of getting a truck driving job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

weda in La Habra, California

60 months ago

my husband got one dui last year and again this year he has been driving over 20 years. can anyone help me find a owner operator that is hiring near irwindale, ca?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

crunch in Snellville, Georgia

60 months ago

r u kidding me??????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jeff in Anaheim, California

60 months ago

help nc in Charlotte, North Carolina said: i have a misdemeanor marijuana charge from 2003 what are my chances of getting a truck driving job

you have a very good chance getting a job thats 6 years ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

robert in Ferron, Utah said: i got a dui in my car 1 year ago the dui was for my perscription
lartab i had a couple in my pocket when i got checked they where mine but i did not have my bottel with me i proofed they where mine and still got charged with dui i have been driving for 11 years good record that one time messed my life up need help love drivving

you need to find a good lawyer to fight for you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

weda in La Habra, California

60 months ago

luckily, he got a job with an owner/operator driving cross country. he starts next week, thx anyway

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

weda in La Habra, California said: luckily, he got a job with an owner/operator driving cross country. he starts next week, thx anyway

thank very cool good luck

belkdean

59 months ago

bestwrench45 in Advance, North Carolina said: All you people having DUI's, I guess I don't understand? Have you never heard of sweet tea? or coke or pepsi? We have families out there on the road. I think everbody should be respectful to truckers but give me a break,what if you or your child got hit and killed by a drunk driver,I had a great aunt that got hit head on by one of you years ago and unfortunately,the driver died at the scene,had a full un opened beer can shoved into his chest,she spent the rest of her life in a nursing home as a vegetable,her daughter was in the car with her and as far as I know now lives a pretty normal life, although she had to grow up without a mother.Please for the love of god STOP drinking and driving,think of the life you may save!

sorry for your loss. But i also got a duii. I blew a .08 in my personal rig. This is the legal limit. So you think it's fair for a trucker to loose there entire career for one bad decsion? Sorry but the laws are to strick on truckers. This was the only time in 40 years of driving. I dont know of any other profession that is treated this way......just a bunch on dumb truckers huh.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

I agree it is way to harsh for one mistake

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

bestwrench45 in Advance,I would like to respond towards your post am very sad what happen,for myself I Received a DUI in 11/2006 I was battling depression from a very bad Marriage and 650000 in debt, most driver'S like myself must had something really bad happen in their life to make a bad decision that cost their trucking Career and possiblilty hurting someone else nobody wants that to happen,am still alive and forgave myself for what I did,their was a point of my life that I wanted to stop the pain and shame!!,I receive help and turn my life around,I work for YRC worldwide as a driver from 2007 to 2009 and just I got hired as a dockworker from fedex LTL and will drive for them in 11/2011 am very gratefull for getting a chance to prove myself,Am in control of my life and hold the wheel were I need travel too.

sincerly jeff

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

mario.clingman@yahoo.com in Topeka, Kansas

59 months ago

I HAVE THAT SAME PROMBLEM.

mario.clingman@yahoo.com in Topeka, Kansas

59 months ago

I also need help. any owner opertor need a driver

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jeromemytruck@yahoo.com in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

58 months ago

[QUOTE My owi is 1-year old and iam in need of a trucking job now please help me find work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

james in Chicago, Illinois

58 months ago

brandan in Chicago, Illinois said: do any body know of any trucking companies who hire ex-offenders with convictions 4 1/2 yrs. old? I'm located in Chicago, and nobody wanna give me a chance.

try a company called gold coast freight ways in chicago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pamelalee in Renton, Washington

58 months ago

I also apprieciate this site,i received a DUI, my 1st and last after 12 years of driving.My experience is extensive .I was recently laid off From a Mill in Ca. I was haulin logs for them.I am really a fish out of water now!If you want to team up with a dependable hardworking ,Mature driver,please reply.To: Ladyloghauler@hotmail.com

primo90631 in Anaheim, California

57 months ago

Dear Dave Dudley thats not a fair statement to make people make mistakes in their live people are not perfect and do not walk on water,I do agree with you comment like people getting 2-3-4 dui thats a no brainer I have no sympathy for that if did not learn from the first one ,I for myself receive a DUI in 2006 and was not worst mistake of my life, I did receive 2nd chance to drive again in 2007 I got hired from YRC worldwide as a dockworker and in 2008 the terminal manager gave a chance to drive again and I did that it was a great acheivement am very lucky because I work for conway freight for 15 years as a P&D driver,I currenty work for fedex national LTL as a dockworker and been told I will drive for them in 11/2011 am a layed off teamster driver I only work when they call maybe one or two day's a week and 20-25 hours from fedex national,I think about that day everyday and am very glad it happen to me my life was going the wrong way and it corrected my path.

57 months ago

people are not perfect and do not walk on water,I do agree with you comment like people getting 2-3-4 dui thats a no brainer I have no sympathy for that if did not learn from the first one ,I for myself receive a DUI in 2006 and was the worst mistake of my life, I did receive 2nd chance to drive again in 2007 I got hired from YRC worldwide as a dockworker and in 2008 the terminal manager gave a chance to drive again and I did that it was a great acheivement am very lucky because I work for conway freight for 15 years as a P&D driver,I currenty work for fedex national LTL as a dockworker and been told I will drive for them in 11/2011 am a layed off teamster driver I only work when they call maybe one or two day's a week and 20-25 hours from fedex national,I think about that day everyday and am very glad it happen to me my life was going the wrong way and it corrected my path.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Frank in Los Angeles, California said: I got a DUI, my alcohol level was 0.05 since in california the law is if you have a commercial driver license your alcohol level should be 0.04 B.S !!!

topgun attorney please call them,it cost about 5000 grand your licence will go back to you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

belkdean in Seattle, Washington

57 months ago

Duh!!!! thanks for the put down!

57 months ago

belkdean in Seattle, Washington said: Duh!!!! thanks for the put down!

2-3-4 dui thats a no brainer I have no sympathy for that if did not learn from the first one,did this comment make you MAD if so it's true..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cam G in Hartford, Connecticut

57 months ago

So in June of 07 I got a DUI but went through a proram to get it off my criminal record. It is not a DUI on my driving record. It's called a "Failed Chemical Alcohol Test". I am thinking about going to truck driving school to get my class A because I hate working in a f__king office. The school is 4 months so the Failed chemical alcohol test would be over 3 years old by the time i finish. Is it even worth it? I like driving. I am willing to start with a dump or trash hauler or even sanitary. I just want to do something new and am not sure about job prospects with this on m dmv record

57 months ago

Cam G in Hartford, Connecticut said: So in June of 07 I got a DUI but went through a proram to get it off my criminal record. It is not a DUI on my driving record. It's called a "Failed Chemical Alcohol Test". I am thinking about going to truck driving school to get my class A because I hate working in a f__king office. The school is 4 months so the Failed chemical alcohol test would be over 3 years old by the time i finish. Is it even worth it? I like driving. I am willing to start with a dump or trash hauler or even sanitary. I just want to do something new and am not sure about job prospects with this on m dmv record

I really think you chance to get your class A licence if its not on your driver report your good to go,double check with your local Dmv office.

R Navin in Des Moines, Iowa

57 months ago

I was arrested in june of 07, driving a car while i was home for the weekend, I was wondering if anyone would hire me, i have only 6 months expierence but i really enjoyed working and have been on a downhill course since. looking for hopeful info. Thanks

teetime in Plainfield, Illinois

57 months ago

R Navin in Des Moines, Iowa said: I was arrested in june of 07, driving a car while i was home for the weekend, I was wondering if anyone would hire me, i have only 6 months expierence but i really enjoyed working and have been on a downhill course since. looking for hopeful info. Thanks

I have 17 years as a recruiter and also am a ex O/O. Your chance of getting a driving job slim to none and if you do get a offer it may be from a company you don't want to work for.
This goes out to anyone that has a CDL Don't drink or do drugs if your on a week vacation on a boat in the ocean then maybe!!!!!! your drivers license is your life!!!!!!!!!! The driver shortage is going to get bad as soon as the new csa2010 starts

plattrat in Bellevue, Nebraska

57 months ago

bestwrench45 in Advance, North Carolina said: All you people having DUI's, I guess I don't understand? Have you never heard of sweet tea? or coke or pepsi? We have families out there on the road. I think everbody should be respectful to truckers but give me a break,what if you or your child got hit and killed by a drunk driver,I had a great aunt that got hit head on by one of you years ago and unfortunately,the driver died at the scene,had a full un opened beer can shoved into his chest,she spent the rest of her life in a nursing home as a vegetable,her daughter was in the car with her and as far as I know now lives a pretty normal life, although she had to grow up without a mother.Please for the love of god STOP drinking and driving,think of the life you may save!

GO AWAY!, this site IS NOT FOR YOU!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

belk in Hermiston, Oregon

57 months ago

You don't get it!!! we have been punished enough, So please join madd and leave us alone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

plattrat in Bellevue, Nebraska said: GO AWAY!, this site IS NOT FOR YOU!

people make mistake's they don't walk water like god does they have proplem like every else

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.