What do you enjoy most about your nationwide truck driver career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being a nationwide truck driver? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

30 months ago

What I enjoy most huh,well the freedom,meeting ppl,getting to know the customers you you pick up and deliver to.Getting to know the drivers and the ppl in general you work with.My last company was small and the gals in th office knows every driver by their voice not a trk number,travel,I could go on and on but don't know how long the post can be.What I dislike is the pay,the laws,the stress and anger the companies can put on the drivers,I don't like guilty till proven innocent.Drivers try to find a job and can't get hired because of a company that flat out lied on their dac and companies don't wanna hear any excuses.Same with your MVR.I think the laws are VERY UNFAIR.Also I don't like tolls,the high cost of fuel compared to gas.I think with our sunken economy,the trucking industry gets hit the hardest.For me it's not challenging anymore.But when I first started it sure was.Now many out here see me driving a big ole semi and can't believe seeing a female doing this.After so long it became second nature like driving a car.What keeps me doing this is i'm good at it and I like it no matter how many more thosands of laws get thrown at us,i'm not going to give up trk driving.I think the main reason why so many fail in this industry is because they can't hadle being gone a month at a time and their company is too demanding.But if someone wants to truely do this then I suggest get out here and give it a try.It takes a good solid yr to really know if this is what you truely want to do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.