First IT job, any advice appreciated.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Jaystric in Fair Oaks, California

50 months ago

In a couple of weeks I start my first IT job, my title is Network Admin/Support. I don't have extensive experience in the area, but I have a very good foundational set of skills, certifications, and experience. I beat a variety of people for this job, so thats apparently good enough. This particular company has 10 retail sites, plus an HQ. I am responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, and advancing the companies LAN/WAN/PC's.

Naturally, Im a bit nervous. Im confident I will succeed, but Im trying to do all I can to prepare in advance.

My questions -

1. What should I expect the first week of work?
2. What kind of questions should I be asking my trainer?
3. More specifically, what questions should I ask so that I can become most familiar with the network design?
4. Any tips or advise?

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cisco rat

50 months ago

Jaystric in Fair Oaks, California said: In a couple of weeks I start my first IT job, my title is Network Admin/Support. I don't have extensive experience in the area, but I have a very good foundational set of skills, certifications, and experience. I beat a variety of people for this job, so thats apparently good enough. This particular company has 10 retail sites, plus an HQ. I am responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, and advancing the companies LAN/WAN/PC's.

Naturally, Im a bit nervous. Im confident I will succeed, but Im trying to do all I can to prepare in advance.

My questions -

1. What should I expect the first week of work?
2. What kind of questions should I be asking my trainer?
3. More specifically, what questions should I ask so that I can become most familiar with the network design?
4. Any tips or advise?

Thank you

hello and good luck
use forums to guide you..join cisco groups to ask ?s ..even facebook and like..linkedin is a must..know your job description and ask within those boundaries..any thing you don't know say you are familiar with it and off hours research..never ever say you don't know..no one knows everything

Mobidhan in Bhopal, India

22 months ago

Get all related information and latest job vaccancy on www.gyaanu.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.