Starting out...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

How did you get your start doing night auditor work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

richard in Midland Park, New Jersey

69 months ago

went to fl to play tennis ended up getting a job in a hotel no experience nada hotel had a lot of groups coming in i was putting ppl in rooms charging them a single rate instead of a double with a cot rate so the hotel was losing money but i was gaining experience eventually i was given the boot and ended up in a small motel on the mainland the manager gave me some training and i did better as a desk clerk after i got held up in the evening i went back to miami beach there i got a job as a night auditor the manager gave me a test to balance the income for the day what saved me was the motel was so small only 20 rooms and i got the night job. 20 rooms full is 100% but the good news never happens only on new years or very big holidays so i was doing 11 rooms on the average each night,took me 30 min to balance the days work lol the rest of the night was goofing off. eventually i moved to the big time nyc applied for a hotel job and the manager ask do u have ny hotel experience i laughed what's the diff boy did i find out real fast 20 rooms motel in fl to a 300rm hotel in nyc the action was fast and furious no computer in those days just bal sheets the learning curve really took off straight up

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.