Being paid per patient in clinic

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Nucmedgirl2003 in Humble, Texas

11 months ago

I would like some insight or recommendations on being paid per MPI study in a clinic. Is this something I should consider or should I push for per hour rate? I am prn and will leave when patients are done anyway. What amount would be acceptable?
Many thanks in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jenn in Columbia, South Carolina

5 months ago

I've been a Nuc. Med. Tech for about 23 years. I recently moved and can not find a job. I think I'm at a point where I have too much experience. Anyway, maybe I can help with this question. Per pt. pay is not bad. You need to ask some questions. Does a cardiac study count as 2 procedures since you do 2 scans(for example)? Over the years, I've had friends who took jobs like this. Generally, it's somewhere between 50-75 dollars per scan or pt. depending on the agreement. If you are doing cardiac studies try to do dual protocol as you can save time on the complete procedure or 2 day protocol for mibi. You'll need to think about arranging your schedule to make the most per hour. If you are there all day and do 2 pts. then that's not so good but if you do 8 pts per day then obviously the pay would be much better than hourly. This kind of work is a great option and I would take it but just ask questions and figure out how to get the best deal out of it.

Blessingtifee in Brooklyn, New York

5 months ago

jenn in Columbia, South Carolina said: I've been a Nuc. Med. Tech for about 23 years. I recently moved and can not find a job. I think I'm at a point where I have too much experience. Anyway, maybe I can help with this question. Per pt. pay is not bad. You need to ask some questions. Does a cardiac study count as 2 procedures since you do 2 scans(for example)? Over the years, I've had friends who took jobs like this. Generally, it's somewhere between 50-75 dollars per scan or pt. depending on the agreement. If you are doing cardiac studies try to do dual protocol as you can save time on the complete procedure or 2 day protocol for mibi. You'll need to think about arranging your schedule to make the most per hour. If you are there all day and do 2 pts. then that's not so good but if you do 8 pts per day then obviously the pay would be much better than hourly. This kind of work is a great option and I would take it but just ask questions and figure out how to get the best deal out of it.

Hello. My name is Blessing. And I am very interested in doing an interview with a Nuclear Medicine Technologist. I would like to do the interview this week If you do not mind. My email is Blessingtifee@yahoo.com. You can further contact me through my email or by replying to this. I would really appreciate your consideration. Thank you in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Paramus, New Jersey

5 months ago

Why? for School?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Blessingtifee in Binghamton, New York

5 months ago

anonymous in Paramus, New Jersey said: Why? for School?

The interview is for my class project. I attend Binghamton University. For the project, we are asked to interview people that are in the careers we are considering pursuing, and I chose Nuclear Medicine Technology and now I am seeking to conduct an interview. Please if you would consider me and take a few moments of your time for the interview. My email address is Blessingtifee@yahoo.com. Thank you for your reply. I look forward to your consideration.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Bergenfield, New Jersey

5 months ago

I can't tell you what to do but most of us would highly recommend you to find something else in the medical field as your career. This advice is from someone who found a great full time nuclear medicine job, but I am the rarity of the norm of today's society. I am lucky and blessed to find my job, but most of my peers are not so lucky. I'm telling you this to prevent you from making the same mistakes of a lot of college graduates from a nuclear medicine technology program. If you want this lifestyle, you can seek physical therapy, occupational therapy or physician assistant also. I highly advise you to hear my warning or professional advice very well. If you still continue to have this interview, I'll gladly continue; however, this is the real truth of our field. Good luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Blessingtifee in Brooklyn, New York

5 months ago

Thank you so much for your advice. It is well taken.
But since I already told my professor I would interview a Nuclear Medicine Technologist she expects me to continue with the interview. I would really appreciate you doing this. Thank you so much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Bergenfield, New Jersey

5 months ago

i'll email you.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.