Here is an opening for NMT!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 96)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

NMT in Charlotte, North Carolina

74 months ago

I am starting this new discussion hopping that if you know of a REAL job opening of NMT, you would be kind enough to share it with everyone reading this forum. Please post openings that you personally know of, that are in your department/hospital/company, not openings that you saw on a web site published by someone else... If you know of the date that it has become opened please include that. Also any other details such as FT or PT or PRN, or shift, or anything pertaining to the opening. Please include contact name if not confidential or HR/recruitor name & contact information such as phone or e-mail. Please be kind to those of us looking for NMT openings.

Thank you in advance to all kind hearts out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Marie Dunn in Houston, Texas

74 months ago

There is a job in Bryan college Station, it's on this site. I did get an actual call from them to interview, they seem very nice and it is FT. I also got a call from someone in New Mexico they even asked me if I new of someone. It is also FT. I can't relocate at this time, but would love to help my fellow NMT's...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Marie Dunn in Houston, Texas said: There is a job in Bryan college Station, it's on this site. I did get an actual call from them to interview, they seem very nice and it is FT. I also got a call from someone in New Mexico they even asked me if I new of someone. It is also FT. I can't relocate at this time, but would love to help my fellow NMT's...

Marie, you have been such a great contributor to this blog. Thanks for sharing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Marie Dunn in Houston, Texas said: There is a job in Bryan college Station, it's on this site. I did get an actual call from them to interview, they seem very nice and it is FT. I also got a call from someone in New Mexico they even asked me if I new of someone. It is also FT. I can't relocate at this time, but would love to help my fellow NMT's...

Is this the correct web site: www.csmedcenter.com/CareersIFrame ?

74 months ago

NMT in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Is this the correct web site: www.csmedcenter.com/CareersIFrame ?

No the job is posted on this site. All one has to do is type in Nuclear Medicine Tech. Location Bryan, Texas. Only one job comes up. They do not offer relocation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Saly in Gastonia, North Carolina

73 months ago

Marie, here is the link to a PRN job that I came accorss in TX-Houston; www.job.com/my.job/search/page=jobview/key=21778409/p=5/pt=2/qs=3/kw=nuclear%20medicine%20technologist/kt=3/ns=1/f=60/rpp=20/jsOn=1/

Just copy and past in the browser. I am not sure if it is still available, but check it out.

Saly in Gastonia, North Carolina

73 months ago

Here is an opening for Radiology supervisor: www.novanthealth.org/job_information/#, click on Applicants, then select Advanced Search. Then select Radiology (only), then select Any Time. There is an opening for Radiology Supervisor, has to know two modalities, and at least 2 years of experience. That is all that's required. There is already a manager in that department, they are looking for a supervisor.

73 months ago

Saly in Gastonia, North Carolina said: Marie, here is the link to a PRN job that I came accorss in TX-Houston; www.job.com/my.job/search/page=jobview/key=21778409/p=5/pt=2/qs=3/kw=nuclear%20medicine%20technologist/kt=3/ns=1/f=60/rpp=20/jsOn=1/

Just copy and past in the browser. I am not sure if it is still available, but check it out.

Thanks for the information. I have a PRN job. The way it works in Houston you have to live within 30 minutes of the Hospital, so you can take call.

Saly in Charlotte, North Carolina

73 months ago

Here is a new opening just got posted yesterday, it is for real. Follow the link, then filter in the first field, by radiology: careers.carolinashealthcare.org/search/results.cfm .

73 months ago

Would love to hear what you have to say Kingwood, but your responses are not going through....

Zac Cockroft in Burnet, Texas

72 months ago

Hey Marie and anybody looking for a job, there is an opening in Brownwood, I believe at BSG Imaging for a Full Time Tech. And there are a couple of openings in Hawaii if anybody is interested in moving across seas. I believe I have a lead for a job with a cardiology practice in conjunction with Seton here in Burnet. I am supposed to talk to the guy today and see what's up.

72 months ago

Hi Zach

Thanks for the information. I am staying in Houston for the time being. I figured I would give it another couple of months. I own a home here. I do have a PRN job and some savings. Are you working at Seton?

71 months ago

Marie, here is a potential opening outside of Houston:
Company: Cardiovascular Institute, P.A.
Title: Nuclear Medicine
Description: Nuclear Technician. Certification in echo and vascular will a plus.
Nuclear Technician for cardiology office in NW Houston area. Monday to Friday 8-5 with one hour lunch break. No weekends or any emergency calls.

Excellent salary and benefits. Must be licensed and registered. Personnel with certification in echo and vascular will be a plus.
E-mail: cvi425@yahoo.com

I am not sure if that is any help, and how far from where you are...

71 months ago

Thanks saly I'll send a resume, I have nothing to lose. Lately I've seen potential openings that never seem to get filled. There have been at least 3 jobs advertised on this site that never got filled for one reason or another. If things don't get better soon I'm going to get out of Imaging altogether...

71 months ago

All of us go on SNM's web site now and then. We pride ourselves of being SNMT members, but when was the last time any of you, especially those of you that say that the NMT job market is not that bad, have seen a job post for a NMT on snm.org? I have not seen any for the past 2 months. How many of you saw at least one job post at the SNM meeting this year in New Orleans? I did not see a single one, only posts from NMT's looking for jobs. Well... for those of you that still believe that the NMT job market is good... I dare you to look at the facts. I am not being negative. I am looking at the facts and you can keep being ignorant about the current situation. Open up any of the radiology magazines and tell me how many adds for NMT's do you see there, then do not close them and write a number, go to the actual web sites where the adds are telling you that you can apply, and see if those openings are still there, if they are still there and they are FT, apply, then lets see if you will be called for an interview. I tell you what... if you are called, then I would suggest you play some lottery, cause you are pretty darn lucky. Consider this... every year there are over 1100 new NMT's graduating... I had the chance to speak to few of them couple years ago, non of them believed me that the job market is going down. I spoke with couple of them again just about a week ago. They are both unemployed, graduated this past May. We can all hope for the best, but when one ignores the facts, given time, they can only be upset at themselves, not at the economy...

71 months ago

Hey guys,
After reading comments about jobs in Nuclear Medicine, it is indeed very disappointing, considering this is my second degree, my first was from TAMU. It seems that lack of experience in an acute care setting is holding me back, although I feel I can do Nuclear Imaging. I have had several interviews since graduating last July, 5 total but to no avail. In my spare time, I am searching around to see if there is a program that offers a fast track in either Sonography or MRI, and even considering PA school, of which I think would bring about better job opportunties. Oh by the way guys, Cedar Park Regional Medical Center is looking for a full time Nuclear Medicine Technologist. Cedar Park is located outside of Austin, Texas. If you go to their website, I do not think it is listed, but it is listed in the Austin American Statesman for some time now. I would either call HR or go and apply directly. I believe it is a solo position. Anyways best of luck to you all...

71 months ago

Zac Cockroft in Burnet, Texas said: Hey guys,
After reading comments about jobs in Nuclear Medicine, it is indeed very disappointing, considering this is my second degree, my first was from TAMU. It seems that lack of experience in an acute care setting is holding me back, although I feel I can do Nuclear Imaging. I have had several interviews since graduating last July, 5 total but to no avail. In my spare time, I am searching around to see if there is a program that offers a fast track in either Sonography or MRI, and even considering PA school, of which I think would bring about better job opportunties. Oh by the way guys, Cedar Park Regional Medical Center is looking for a full time Nuclear Medicine Technologist. Cedar Park is located outside of Austin, Texas. If you go to their website, I do not think it is listed, but it is listed in the Austin American Statesman for some time now. I would either call HR or go and apply directly. I believe it is a solo position. Anyways best of luck to you all...

Zac it's only a matter of time before Ultrasound & MRI are in the same boat we're in. If you can do it, go to PA school. I've been a Tech for 10 years and this is the first time I have regreted it. Good Luck to you...

S in Hurricane, West Virginia

71 months ago

Is it hard to find a job if you're very willing to relocate? I see lots of job postings, so wondered if traveling isn't a problem, if there are jobs out there SOMEWHERE!? =)

71 months ago

S in Hurricane, West Virginia said: Is it hard to find a job if you're very willing to relocate? I see lots of job postings, so wondered if traveling isn't a problem, if there are jobs out there SOMEWHERE!? =)

If you have NO experience, relocation won't be of much help. I know you see alot of jobs posted on this site, but most of them are filled. The ad stays up for some reason long after its filled. I think for new graduates getting hired at one of your clinical sites would be the best option, they know you and can see how you work.

Jayne in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania

71 months ago

Evidently not, I got hired at my first attempt! I think I was a good fit with the personalities of the Nuclear Medicine staff at the Hospital that hired me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

S in Hurricane, West Virginia

71 months ago

Yeah, that would be ideal, however with the class graduating, and not that many people retiring or quitting.. the odds of that seem to be about the same as the rest of the people on these forums.. not too good. So traveling is just an option in case that doesn't happen (and it's looking that way)

71 months ago

S in Hurricane, West Virginia said: Yeah, that would be ideal, however with the class graduating, and not that many people retiring or quitting.. the odds of that seem to be about the same as the rest of the people on these forums.. not too good. So traveling is just an option in case that doesn't happen (and it's looking that way)

The only problem with relocating is most States are in the same boat...NO JOBS. If you have alot of experience and could be an asset to the hopital, I can see where relocation would be an option. All you can do is apply and hope for the best.

70 months ago

S in Hurricane, West Virginia said: Yeah, that would be ideal, however with the class graduating, and not that many people retiring or quitting.. the odds of that seem to be about the same as the rest of the people on these forums.. not too good. So traveling is just an option in case that doesn't happen (and it's looking that way)

Not to disappoint anyone, but the traveling jobs are even less than the rest. Most agencies have a job freeze for nuc med techs. They say that there is just now business. I've spoken personally with couple of very good agencies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sunita in Odessa,Texas in Odessa, Texas

68 months ago

I currently have a full time permanent position in my department here in Odessa, Texas. The position is already posted on line at www.mchodessa.com. Please fill out an application or pass it on to a friend. Use my name as the referal. Let me know if you have any questions. We are due to get a PET/CT scanner next month to go with the rest of our Nuclear department. Sunita

NMT in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I am starting this new discussion hopping that if you know of a REAL job opening of NMT, you would be kind enough to share it with everyone reading this forum. Please post openings that you personally know of, that are in your department/hospital/company, not openings that you saw on a web site published by someone else... If you know of the date that it has become opened please include that. Also any other details such as FT or PT or PRN, or shift, or anything pertaining to the opening. Please include contact name if not confidential or HR/recruitor name & contact information such as phone or e-mail. Please be kind to those of us looking for NMT openings.

Thank you in advance to all kind hearts out there.

Samaiya in Lakeland, Florida

67 months ago

I currently have a full time permanent position in my department here in Odessa, Texas. The position is already posted on line at www.mchodessa.com. Please fill out an application or pass it on to a friend. Use my name as the referal. Let me know if you have any questions. We are due to get a PET/CT scanner next month to go with the rest of our Nuclear department. Sunita

I am a graduate Nuclear medicine technologist with 5 years experience in the healthcare field, I am a Unit secretary and also have a lot of patient care experience because I do a little nurse assisting. I would love to move to Texas, and was wondering if your company was willing to hire a student fresh out of school?

Sunita in Odessa,Texas in Odessa, Texas

66 months ago

we filled the full time with someone who had experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

fefe2000 in Grapevine, Texas

65 months ago

I am a Nuclear Medicine Tech in Texas. And the market is extremelt saturated. I am looking for full time work in the area. If anyone knows of any positions, please let me know. Thank you so much. I attended the recent SW Chapter meeting and it seems everyone knows how the market is but they are hoping the CARE Bill will help us if the President signs it.

65 months ago

Look fefe2000, not trying to beat around the bush, but their are no jobs in Nuclear Medicine in Texas. If you have a year or more of experience under your belt, then your options will be more available to you. If u do not mind me asking, where did u go to school?

fefe2000 in Grapevine, Texas

65 months ago

I graduated from the Univ of Oklahoma in 2000. I have a BS in Nuclear Medicine. I am RSO and a Nuc Med Tech.

65 months ago

fefe2000 in Grapevine, Texas said: I am a Nuclear Medicine Tech in Texas. And the market is extremelt saturated. I am looking for full time work in the area. If anyone knows of any positions, please let me know. Thank you so much. I attended the recent SW Chapter meeting and it seems everyone knows how the market is but they are hoping the CARE Bill will help us if the President signs it.

I went to the same meeting fefe2000, and NO we don't think the CARE bill will help. We are all registered Tech's here....we think the schools need to close.

P.S. There ae NO jobs here!!

fefe2000 in The Colony, Texas

65 months ago

My facility is shutting down it's Nuclear Medicine dept; so, I am looking for work now. I handed out cards with resumes over the weekend; but, I am not sure if I will have to relocate to work. It's an option. Gone are the days of sign-on and relocation bonuses. I am just starting to hunt; so, I have to be optimistic and hang in there. It is what it is until a change occurs.

fefe2000 in The Colony, Texas

65 months ago

Does anyone know of any NMT positions? I am looking for full time work and I have a Bachelor's in Nuc Med. Thank you in advance.

orrug2k in st louis, Missouri

63 months ago

This is just so depressing for new grads to read. I read it last summer. Maria Dunn is depressing. I have found 2 part time jobs and they will get me travel jobs now. $30 an hour and all exp paid. Soon I will get a full time one but I would tell everyone to keep close touch with thier teachers, They get the unadvertised jobs. My first job was 112 hours a week of call.. I got paid 35 an hour for call. Plus 2 dollar and hour for the call time. Then I got a part time 2 day a week job. No its not much but its a start. The harder you look the better you will do. OF 8 of our class, 4 got full time jobs off the bat, the other worked this part time to full time route.

fefe2000 in Irving, Texas

63 months ago

orrug2k in st louis, Missouri said: This is just so depressing for new grads to read. I read it last summer. Maria Dunn is depressing. I have found 2 part time jobs and they will get me travel jobs now. $30 an hour and all exp paid. Soon I will get a full time one but I would tell everyone to keep close touch with thier teachers, They get the unadvertised jobs. My first job was 112 hours a week of call.. I got paid 35 an hour for call. Plus 2 dollar and hour for the call time. Then I got a part time 2 day a week job. No its not much but its a start. The harder you look the better you will do. OF 8 of our class, 4 got full time jobs off the bat, the other worked this part time to full time route.

I am willing to do travel work. I have in the past. I just keep forwarding my information to no avail. I am going to keep pushing forward until I get something. I am applying outside of Texas as well. Still in the hunt....I am.

Lynn W in Sugar Land, Texas

63 months ago

I have been offered admission to study Dental Hygiene (Bachelor's degree) and NMT (Associate degree). I would like to opt for NMT but the news so far is scary. Maybe, I should just stick with Dental Hygiene. What do you guys advise?

Paula in Saint Louis, Missouri

63 months ago

I have 30 years experience. I've been a teacher, sales rep and dept manager and I can't find a job. I am going through a divorce and living with mom and dad at age 52. I just can't believe it.

Sales only hires young people, and the vendors all have hiring freezes. I don't know what to do. I just keep asking people and sooner or later something has to shake loose.

One problem is the school in South Dakota that puts out about 40 techs a year. Everyone should write the SNM to limit class size. There aren't 40 departments in SD.

Keith in Denver, Colorado

63 months ago

I have been a Nuclear Mede Tech for about 25 years. This is the worst I have ever seen the job market. There are no jobs in the Denver area. We have had Mo99 generator shortages due to the Nuclear Reactor in Canada being down for repair. Managers are tellingtechs to go home. I f you have no PTO hours, you are out of luck. I am currently working day by day to see if I can get my patient load up again...after no Tc99. SNM needs to address hight student enrollment, no
Nuclear Reactor in the US that produces Moly generators and the current high cost of radiopharmaceuticals....keeps rising!!! The little hospitals are being squeezed out finacially to afford Nuc Med. I love this field, but the day to day stress of if I will have a job next budget year is terrible. Go to PA school or nursing. Good luck even finding a PRN job in Denver.

Radhakrishnan.V.S in Kochi, India

63 months ago

I have 10-years experience as RSO & Nuclear Medicine Technologist. I passed (PG)DMRIT (Diploma in Medical Radio Isotope Techniques) IN 1999 from Mumbai University (Bhabha Atomic Research Centre-BARC), India. My e-mail id is rk.dmrit@gmail.com. Please inform me ,if there is any vacancy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Keith

63 months ago

There are several Ultrasound positions in the state of wyoming..however Nuc med Techs are being squeezed out due to the current Mo99 shortage and increased cost of radioisotopes. I am hoping the SNM will focus on these issues rather than pushing a BS degree qualification prior to employment. Reduce the number of students in the nations programs to reflect current conditions. I plan to work as long as I can in this field. I will post if I hear of a job in the MT west. Wyoming still cross train RT's into Nuc Med.

hkcrao in Bangalore, India

62 months ago

we, have almost 40 nuclear medicine technologist with lot of experience (>10yrs) accredited by AERB, india. if any where out side countries also conducting distance courses in nuclear medicine technology, please inform me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Collinsville, Illinois

62 months ago

Dear Paula try Midwest Cardiovascular Consultants @ DePaul Health center in Bridgeton Mo. They just let me go on sat the 27 of june without explanation,but did offer to write a letter for future postions. ask for Lyn Midden Office manager.. Dr Armanda Nanda is the owner of the 4 group of doc....Just Nuc Stress tests and a few Muga's

Yelena in Los Alamos, New Mexico

62 months ago

NMT in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Is this the correct web site: www.csmedcenter.com/CareersIFrame ?

Where in New Mexico?

MRM924 in Texas

62 months ago

After reading these posts I have to say it's very discouraging. I was considering returning to school and starting a new career in nuclear medicine, after being a legal secretary for a number of years, but the job outlook seems dismal. Is it any better for an x-ray tech? Any suggestions or advice?

Keith Colorado

62 months ago

All of radiology is tight for jobs , except ultrasound and MRI in spots. Nuc Med is now awful. We are having a radioisotope shortage. Hours cut back. Good Luck.

Jabe Iowa

62 months ago

Maybe we can be positive in a feew years. However, with the current situation...I do not see any great increase in NM jobs. Iowa is so satuated with NM techs, that it took me 2 years to fins a job fulltine. Hoor Luck.

toby in Ottumwa, Iowa

62 months ago

when there is a job and you have experience, most often they are going to hire a new grad for far less money. This is the case I have been running into.

Jane, Omaha

62 months ago

Nuclear Medicine is a very demanding field. Misunderstood by mamagers. Patient volume is not like CT and exams take longer. I think NM will recover in a few years..but the jobs will be not as plenty as in the 90's.
Nebraska has had a few posting this year throughout the state..hOWEVER MOSTLY PARTTIME.

Molyb Denum

62 months ago

I believe the worst position/time is for the highly experienced with many years or the recent graduates with no experience. Employers:
1) don't want to pay the higher salaries to seasoned techs or
2) don't want to waste too much of their time/resources training a
newby graduate tech
3) like the 1-3 yrs. experience because they're still confident
enough to get the job done, but vulnerable enough to be pushed
around by admin. and directors. (pay, politics, ass-kissin,etc)

I'd like to believe that there's light at the end of the tunnel, however, it seems more like we're digging in the wrong way. As more of more techs have also noticed, we've lost ground and have slipped back into the folds of "RADIOGRAPHY" as just another part of their modality. Now can you tell me why there's fast-track programs for X-ray students to obtain NM License, however, None (or least I'm not aware of) fast-track programs for NM techs to get X-ray?
And I'm not dissing rad-techs, but they're winning the turf battle alright...VERY smart move politically and organizationally going from X-Ray Techs to "RADIOGRAPHY/ERS", because of course NM is just another side-kick specialty of it.(Sorry got off the topic a bit)

monica in Rockaway, New Jersey

62 months ago

I am very worried about were this field is headed. Since I graduated and started working ( 3 years ago) , I see the paitient volume slipping and slipping. Its almost a joke at my hospital. Every other dept is busy ( x-ray, CT and Ultrasound). Less and Less Nuc tests are being ordered. Luckily, I am learning Pet during my downtime but due to the high exposure, I really do not want to do PET full time. It seems like things have turned around really fast.

Peter, Virginia

62 months ago

I agree with the last 2 posts. I have enjoyed NM for the last 20 years. However, NM is slipping away to other modalities. My patient load has decreased and my manager says if we dont recover this year..she will drop one fullrime yech. I wouls enjoy PET, however, the radiation dose and pay is not better. Also the NM job market has fallen in Va. There is more parttime jobs in the DC northern Va area. Small town hospitals are struggling on the high cost of the radiopharmaceuticals and the choose of wheither to contunue this service.

If we can not lower the cost of NM and raise the volume..the outlook is not so good for small town NM depts.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.