Nuclear Medicine Job Networking

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 54)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Samaiya in Lakeland, Florida

71 months ago

I think We should have a job networking forum, I see some posts on this site but most of the things being said are negative. I know there is a job shortage, I've been out of school three months and have not found a job. It's very discouraging. I think the best chance you have in getting a job in this field is by knowing someone. So I want to start this forum to network and get to know some of the technologists out their, and any job openings.

Here is a little info about me. I graduated with an associates 3 months ago. I have 5 years experience in the medical field I am a Unit Secretary here in one of the busiest hospitals in Central Florida and I also do nurse assisting. I am a hard worker, fast learner, very dependable, and friendly person. I am looking for a position that will except a new graduate. I would love a postition somewhere here in Florida, but I am also willing to relocate to Illinois, Georgia, Texas, and California. Anyone know of any openings? Please help a girl out:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Zac Cockroft in Burnet, Texas

71 months ago

Welcome to the real world Samaiya. Finding a job right out of Nuclear Medicine School is very difficult, almost impossible. I have been out of school now for 7 months, have had 8 interviews. If u are looking to relocate in Texas look up Numed Inc. on the website, call Human Resources and ask for Donna Love, the HR supervisor if she knows of any openings. They are about the only company I know that will hire new grads right out of school. They contract with hospitals around the state; the patient load isn't heavy but you will get paid for 40 hours. Also look up Cardiology Center of Amarillo on the website. I did a rotation there when I was in Amarillo and they were in the process of getting another camera installed. Ask for Ben Reid, he might be able to help you. It is worth a shot; but with my class just graduating, I do not know but try anyways.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

samaiya in Lakeland, Florida

71 months ago

Zac Cockroft in Burnet, Texas said: Welcome to the real world Samaiya. Finding a job right out of Nuclear Medicine School is very difficult, almost impossible. I have been out of school now for 7 months, have had 8 interviews. If u are looking to relocate in Texas look up Numed Inc. on the website, call Human Resources and ask for Donna Love, the HR supervisor if she knows of any openings. They are about the only company I know that will hire new grads right out of school. They contract with hospitals around the state; the patient load isn't heavy but you will get paid for 40 hours. Also look up Cardiology Center of Amarillo on the website. I did a rotation there when I was in Amarillo and they were in the process of getting another camera installed. Ask for Ben Reid, he might be able to help you. It is worth a shot; but with my class just graduating, I do not know but try anyways.

Thank you for the information Zac. I hope your job search goes well. Keep a positive attitude and I'm sure eventually something will come. (that's what I tell myself everyday) I know how you feel, If I would have known It was so hard to find a job in this field I would have gone to school for something else. Now I've fallen in love with Nuclear Medicine and can't think of doing anything else, especially nursing. So I'm trying to stay positive. Atleast you've had 8 interviews, I haven't had one, well a telephone interview, which I don't think got me anywhere but high hopes. I also have a possible job that my mom's friend whose a cardiologist, set me up with, I'm next in line for the job if the person they have leaves. Can you give me any tips on atleast landing an interview. How did you land 8 of them, did you go to these facilities personally and handed them your resume. I need all the job hunting tips I can get because I'm not good at this, I've been at my present job for 5 1/2 years and before that I was in school. What's your secret?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Oh to behonest with you, I made direct contacts and submitted my resume and cover letter to them. I f I did it online I made sure the resume was received by the facility and called and made myself available to the hiring manager. Do some research about the company you are wanting to work for, so that if they call you into the interview you can be prepared with questions showing you have interest. Yes it is discouraging, but it has all to do with the experience. Both you and I can do Nuclear Medicine, but many places want people to come in and just take off. Here are some suggestions for you. Wherever you are at, meaning where you did your clinical rotations, call and ask if they have any PRN or call work available, that will at least get your foot in the door. Also consider sales or marketing. I know patient care lies at the heart of Nuclear Medicine, but keep an open mind if imaging doesn't work out. Anyways good luck to you...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Samaiya in Lakeland, Florida

71 months ago

Zac Cockroft in Burnet, Texas said: Oh to behonest with you, I made direct contacts and submitted my resume and cover letter to them. I f I did it online I made sure the resume was received by the facility and called and made myself available to the hiring manager. Do some research about the company you are wanting to work for, so that if they call you into the interview you can be prepared with questions showing you have interest. Yes it is discouraging, but it has all to do with the experience. Both you and I can do Nuclear Medicine, but many places want people to come in and just take off. Here are some suggestions for you. Wherever you are at, meaning where you did your clinical rotations, call and ask if they have any PRN or call work available, that will at least get your foot in the door. Also consider sales or marketing. I know patient care lies at the heart of Nuclear Medicine, but keep an open mind if imaging doesn't work out. Anyways good luck to you...

Thank you for the information. When you say you made direct contacts what do you mean? Did you call around and ask if they were hiring, or if you saw a position posted online you went to the facility and handed them your resume and cover letter? I don't mean to be a bother but I just need some job search skills, I don't have any because I never had to do it, the postition that I'm in I went to school for, and I got a job at my clinical rotation site. If all else fails then I would look into sales, and marketing.

71 months ago

I mean call the Nuclear Manager or supervisor and introduce yourself.I usually checked the company's website out and once I saw an opening, I would then proceed from there. The problem with submitting you resume or cover letter online, is that if you do not meet the screening requirments, then you may automatically be booted out of the system. By calling the manager directly and let them know you are interested, then you may put yourself in a better sitaution, but that in of itself doesn't guarantee anything. Well you need to develop job searching skills, especially in a time like this. Here is the reality Samiya: finding a job in Nuclear Medicine right out of school is very difficult, if not impossible. While I am sure you have the credentials, i.e., CNMT OR R.T.(N), it all comes down to experience, and what you bring to the table. What I would do is call around and see if anyone has PRN or call work available, if not, then expand your horizon and seek an alternative path, of which I am doing right now. I had a phone interview with the VA last Friday and will not know anything until 30-45 days? There were two vacancies open, but it would be a stroke of luck if I landed it. I know that is what you went to school for, but the reality is without experience your chances of getting on somewhere is slim to none. I am not suggesting that sales and marketing is the way to go, rather just offering some suggestions as an alternative to imaging. Oh and by the way, the comment posted from Sunita in Odessa, Texas about a full time position open in her department, well I called this morning and it has already been closed out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Saly in Charlotte, North Carolina

71 months ago

Samaiya here is another tip, go on every hospital, or imaging center web site, and look up to see if they have any PRN or PT openings, even if it is not in nuc med, even if it is as an assistant in the radiology department or such. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Samaiya in Tampa, Florida

71 months ago

Thank you two for the information, I will try these things out. I'm sure it wil help. Tomorrow I'm going to go to my old clinical site with goodies (you know to suck up a little) and hand them my resume. One of the guys there know alot of other Nuclear Medicine techs and cardiologists and when I was doing my clinical rotation there he really liked me. So hopefully he can help me out a little. I know finding a job will take some time to find a job, I'm just impatient. As you know the schooling was grueling, and to not be able to find a job when you've suffered for two years just to pass the program is like a slap in the face. My program started with 21 students and at the end only 15 passed, only 4 of us have jobs. I know eventually something will come.

71 months ago

Good Luck!

Angie in Hendersonville, North Carolina

63 months ago

Hello, I have been a Nuc Med Tech since 2006. I thankfully landed a job immediately after graduating. We had a death in our family last year and were making plans to relocate. Of course I gave notice, & of course I now have no job. They kept me on PRN for as long as they could,til Nov. I have been unsuccessful at finding anything within a decent driving distance.I am now enrolled in a CT program, in hopes of making myself more marketable. Thee economy & job market has opened my lil peepers up to places outside of my 2 hr bubble. Many applications sent but nothing as of yet...but I'm hoping & praying. Anyone know of anything in this area...even Charlotte, Greenville, SC, etc? Thanks, Angie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ken2177 in Savannah, Georgia

62 months ago

I've been in the radiology field for almost a decade and currently looking for a nuclear medicine or pet/ct position. I live in Ga. and would like to stay here because of family.I've practiced CT at a level 1 trauma center for 7 years and just finished nuc med school. Unfortuntely, I have not been able to get a nuclear med job. I'm registered in radiography, CT, and nuc med with 7 years of trauma experience and almost ten years in radiology. If anybody hears something I would appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Miranda Womack in Madison, North Carolina

62 months ago

I'm a recent graduate of Nuclear Medicine as of May 2009...its been 6 months now and I still havent found a job in Nuclear Medicine. I have relocated to the North Carolina area and I am more than willing to relocate. I am having a hard time getting ANY feedback from jobs ANYWHERE in the US. I have sent my resume and filled out literally HUNDREDS of job applications....I have called and kept in touch with many contacts but I keep hearing the same..."we dont have any openings right now" I'm not sure as to how often I should call back...people are suggesting to call everyweek/day...but that just doesnt seem possible...are there any suggestions or leads on jobs in the triad area of North Carolina I would greatly appreciate it.

Hopeless in Lynnwood, Washington

61 months ago

Ive been out of school for 8 months and without a job.. have applied everywhere.. .still no luck or hope

Samaiya in Auburndale, Florida

61 months ago

I want to let everyone who's looking for a job in nuc med and find the job market out there is difficult to not give up. After 1 year and 2 months of looking for a job fresh out of nuc med school I finally landed one, not only will I be doing general nuclear medicine I will also be doing PET/CT. But I could not have done it without the help of God. There has been plenty of times when I just wanted to give up, and say "forget it" but I didn't I kept praying and knowing that God didn't put me all the way through school just to have me end up never getting a job. So I kept praying, kept looking, I kept in touch with all of my contacts, and eventually my hard work and prayer payed off. So to everyone out there who is discouraged, don't give up, keep in contact with all your contacts regularly, and pray, pray, pray. All things are possible through God!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jane in South Lake Tahoe, California

60 months ago

Yes just keep plucking away and dont turn anything down wether it is PT, PRN or relocations keep your options open so you can get your foot into a door shoot any door right now, that way when things do smooth over and start opening up again you will have experience and hopefully get a job where you want. Also a tip is not to only look at careerbuilder, indeed, etc how I found my jobs is a googled hospitals in California, and you wouldnt believe how many hospitals DO NOT list openings on job sites but onlt on their site. Good luck to everyone out there. Im in California and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me :)

LEGION in Cleveland, Ohio

60 months ago

JTT. The VA hospitals are required to post all job openings online. You can find them at usajobs.gov. Just search nuclear medicine technologist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nucmed2009 in Lexington, Kentucky

60 months ago

Seeking full time work anywhere in the USA. 2 years experience. Can set up an new location for you. Driven, successful just need full time work. Excellent references.

nucmed2009 in Lexington, Kentucky

60 months ago

nucmed2009 in Lexington, Kentucky said: Seeking full time work anywhere in the USA. 2 years experience. Can set up an new location for you. Driven, successful just need full time work. Excellent references.

contact at ssilence1000@aol.com.

BAMarshall in Lenoir City, Tennessee

60 months ago

Hello, I am Naval veteran, and a Johns Hopkins graduate of Nuclear Medicine, I have 11 years of Nuclear Medicine experience (9 of those as Chief Technician), and 3 years of Radiologic Technology experience. Please email at theoriginalbrett@yahoo.com. Thank You.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Andrea in Lorain, Ohio

59 months ago

Hi! I graduated from Nuc Med school in August. I have had only 2 interviews and I am looking to relocate... ANY INFORMATION WILL BE GREATELY APPRECIATED!

Jane in South Lake Tahoe, California

59 months ago

Andrea in Lorain, Ohio said: Hi! I graduated from Nuc Med school in August. I have had only 2 interviews and I am looking to relocate... ANY INFORMATION WILL BE GREATELY APPRECIATED!

Andrea....e-mail me at go_me22222@yahoo.com i have some info to relay to you about a job.....

ejs in Chapel Hill, North Carolina

57 months ago

well, i'm not sure if i should feel better or worse after reading this forum. thank you for everyone sharing advice. my story is the same, december grad, applied to many national jobs, and i'm at the pt of relocating from nc to socal (applied for the ca nm license over a month ago). i figure a larger pond will provide more opportunities for any nm position. anyone know the story about the hoag prn job that has been reposted for months? also, anyone know of a online or socal ct program/school? i'm interested in getting ct & pet certified. i've heard from a few people that the pet exam has a lot of ct type questions on it. thanks for any help/advice. ezletzpla@yahoo.com -Ed-

Saly in Charlotte, North Carolina

57 months ago

ejs I am not sure about the hoag posting. It has been circulating for more than a year now. It must be one of those that they are advertising it, but not looking to fill it in. There are quite a few of those around. I myself applied for it back at the end of 2008, then called them and they said that at this time they were only accepting resumes. But still since then, it is still circulating. Post here if you get to talk to HR there.

nuc_med_grad in Paradise Valley, Arizona

54 months ago

Hi everyone-

Glad to see that there is a section for optimistic people. This is all about who you know. I have tried everyone I know and the market is really dry. Monday I am starting to send my resume and cover letter to every person in Arizona that has a nuc med camera.

I am a new grad as of May this year. I was in the Top 10 percent of my class and willing to move anywhere. CNMT, BS, NMBCT.

I saw a job posted in Riverside and in Newport beach. Anybody know anyone there? Or anywhere for that matter ;) Thanks for your help...

Beth Gorman
Beth.anne.gorman@gmail.com

DAN in New Bedford, Massachusetts

53 months ago

Samaiya in Auburndale, Florida said: I want to let everyone who's looking for a job in nuc med and find the job market out there is difficult to not give up. After 1 year and 2 months of looking for a job fresh out of nuc med school I finally landed one, not only will I be doing general nuclear medicine I will also be doing PET/CT. But I could not have done it without the help of God. There has been plenty of times when I just wanted to give up, and say "forget it" but I didn't I kept praying and knowing that God didn't put me all the way through school just to have me end up never getting a job. So I kept praying, kept looking, I kept in touch with all of my contacts, and eventually my hard work and prayer payed off. So to everyone out there who is discouraged, don't give up, keep in contact with all your contacts regularly, and pray, pray, pray. All things are possible through God!

WOW THATS AWESOME......HOW IS THE PAY IN FL?? I HAVE BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE AND HAVE SEEN A FEW POSTINGS IN FL. MY FAMILY AND I ARE WILLING TO RELOCATE ANYWHERE

MPrescott in Tampa, Florida

46 months ago

I am a Nuclear Medicine Tech that graduated 10-2009. I am registered with both RT(N) and CNMT. I have been trying extremely hard, like everyone out there, to get my foot in the door. I accepted a patient service rep position with a local cancer center in hopes of getting hired internally. I have been in that position for 8 months now. I am looking for any possible Nuc Med work, even if it is only a few days a month. I have open availability and would be willing to work nights.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mark in Los Angeles, California

46 months ago

I am not a Nuclear Medicine Tech that graduated at any time during my lifespan. I have not been looking very hard, like everyone else, to get my foot in the door. I do not accept any positions that underpay me or do not intentionally hire be full time keeping me part time. I have not been holding any job for the last 2 years and definitely will not consider NMT. I have tremendous availability if you are hiring someone unaffiliated or brainwashed into the field.

Thank you

PS This is a joke =D

Cali Girl in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

45 months ago

Mark in Los Angeles, California said: I am not a Nuclear Medicine Tech that graduated at any time during my lifespan. I have not been looking very hard, like everyone else, to get my foot in the door. I do not accept any positions that underpay me or do not intentionally hire be full time keeping me part time. I have not been holding any job for the last 2 years and definitely will not consider NMT. I have tremendous availability if you are hiring someone unaffiliated or brainwashed into the field.

Thank you

PS This is a joke =D

This is funny Mark!

Erinn in Ravenna, Ohio

45 months ago

Nuclear Medicine Tech. looking for full-time employment. Graduated 2010. I am SERIOUSLY looking to relocate, primarily to costal states. Please reply if you have any information about a employment opportunity.

kevin in West Monroe, Louisiana

45 months ago

We have an opening in North Louisiana. A city called West Monroe, La. No nights or weekends in a solo cardiology office. Please contact me at margonassets@comcast.net
If you are not interested, perhaps one of your colleagues. I am looking for a long term commitment to our office (3years)

45 months ago

Erinn in Ravenna, Ohio said: Nuclear Medicine Tech. looking for full-time employment. Graduated 2010. I am SERIOUSLY looking to relocate, primarily to costal states. Please reply if you have any information about a employment opportunity.

We have an opening in North Louisiana. A city called West Monroe, La. No nights or weekends in a solo cardiology office. Please contact me at margonassets@comcast.net
If you are not interested, perhaps one of your colleagues. I am looking for a long term commitment to our office (3years)

45 months ago

45 months ago

Samaiya in Lakeland, Florida said: I think We should have a job networking forum, I see some posts on this site but most of the things being said are negative. I know there is a job shortage, I've been out of school three months and have not found a job. It's very discouraging. I think the best chance you have in getting a job in this field is by knowing someone. So I want to start this forum to network and get to know some of the technologists out their, and any job openings.

Here is a little info about me. I graduated with an associates 3 months ago. I have 5 years experience in the medical field I am a Unit Secretary here in one of the busiest hospitals in Central Florida and I also do nurse assisting. I am a hard worker, fast learner, very dependable, and friendly person. I am looking for a position that will except a new graduate. I would love a postition somewhere here in Florida, but I am also willing to relocate to Illinois, Georgia, Texas, and California. Anyone know of any openings? Please help a girl out:)

45 months ago

samaiya in Lakeland, Florida said: Thank you for the information Zac. I hope your job search goes well. Keep a positive attitude and I'm sure eventually something will come. (that's what I tell myself everyday) I know how you feel, If I would have known It was so hard to find a job in this field I would have gone to school for something else. Now I've fallen in love with Nuclear Medicine and can't think of doing anything else, especially nursing. So I'm trying to stay positive. Atleast you've had 8 interviews, I haven't had one, well a telephone interview, which I don't think got me anywhere but high hopes. I also have a possible job that my mom's friend whose a cardiologist, set me up with, I'm next in line for the job if the person they have leaves. Can you give me any tips on atleast landing an interview. How did you land 8 of them, did you go to these facilities personally and handed them your resume. I need all the job hunting tips I can get because I'm not good at this, I've been at my present job for 5 1/2 years and before that I was in school. What's your secret?

45 months ago

Zac Cockroft in Burnet, Texas said: I mean call the Nuclear Manager or supervisor and introduce yourself.I usually checked the company's website out and once I saw an opening, I would then proceed from there. The problem with submitting you resume or cover letter online, is that if you do not meet the screening requirments, then you may automatically be booted out of the system. By calling the manager directly and let them know you are interested, then you may put yourself in a better sitaution, but that in of itself doesn't guarantee anything. Well you need to develop job searching skills, especially in a time like this. Here is the reality Samiya: finding a job in Nuclear Medicine right out of school is very difficult, if not impossible. While I am sure you have the credentials, i.e., CNMT OR R.T.(N), it all comes down to experience, and what you bring to the table. What I would do is call around and see if anyone has PRN or call work available, if not, then expand your horizon and seek an alternative path, of which I am doing right now. I had a phone interview with the VA last Friday and will not know anything until 30-45 days? There were two vacancies open, but it would be a stroke of luck if I landed it. I know that is what you went to school for, but the reality is without experience your chances of getting on somewhere is slim to none. I am not suggesting that sales and marketing is the way to go, rather just offering some suggestions as an alternative to imaging. Oh and by the way, the comment posted from Sunita in Odessa, Texas about a full time position open in her department, well I called this morning and it has already been closed out.

Kristina in Washington, District of Columbia

43 months ago

I graduated from ferris state university in 2008 and i have been volanteering in a hospital but i haven't had any job yet. I am so frustrated and really upset with the whole situation. I will be able to relocate anywhere in the world. I am so in love with a nuc med field so I will never give up. I might do ct since it will take only one more semister.

windmill57@aol.com in Downingtown, Pennsylvania

43 months ago

Any jobs for experienced nuck that left field 6 years ago and wants to reenter field? Current CNMT 20 years experience.

Layla Scott in Austin, Texas

43 months ago

Can someone give advice on what to expect in an interview with the director of radiology?
Thanks
Layla430

Josh312 in Laredo, Texas

43 months ago

I'm looking for something in Texas (pref Austin or San Antonio). 3 1/2 years with nuclear cardiology though general nucs are fine also. Any ideas? There are a few PRNs out there but unfortunately that's not enough income to survive on.

Any info at all would be appreciated! Thanks guys.

Fred in Raleigh, North Carolina

42 months ago

Josh,
I have worked Nuclear Med contracts in Longview, College Station, Houston, and Clearlake/Webster TX. Clearlake Regional Medical Center in Webster Texas in a 'really' nice hospital in my opinion. I do not know the market for techs in Texas, but I wanted to give you my opinion of a good place to work.
Thanx,
Fred in Raleigh

Leslie in Louisville, Kentucky

34 months ago

Hello,
I graduated Nuc school last August from the University of Findlay. I derailed my job search for 12 weeks and went to school for MRI to make self a little more marketable and hoping to break into PET/MRI.. well I recently relocated to Louisville, KY with my husband and I have applied to so many jobs online but keep getting told they went another direction. I took a day a hand delivered resume's and plan to go out again. If anyone has any contacts in Louisville that they know of or some good advice please email me at nucmri4hire@gmail.com , thanks and good luck to all of you; I hope your searches are going better! Stay blessed!

34 months ago

I know your job search pain. My advice would be to find every cardiology office (within 50 miles) that does nuclear stress testing and send them a 'mailed' copy of your resume. It worked for me, only part-time, but it worked.
Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

freeman077 in North Tonawanda, New York

33 months ago

Leslie in Louisville, Kentucky said: Hello,
I graduated Nuc school last August from the University of Findlay. I derailed my job search for 12 weeks and went to school for MRI to make self a little more marketable and hoping to break into PET/MRI.. well I recently relocated to Louisville, KY with my husband and I have applied to so many jobs online but keep getting told they went another direction. I took a day a hand delivered resume's and plan to go out again. If anyone has any contacts in Louisville that they know of or some good advice please email me at nucmri4hire@gmail.com , thanks and good luck to all of you; I hope your searches are going better! Stay blessed!

I wanted to relocate with NMT, however was unshure if going into MRI or even CT would be a good way to go. Just wondering how that worked out?

aan idk in topeka, Kansas

33 months ago

I am a CNMT who graduated in 2010 and still can't find a job. I have applied over 200 places and only got 3 interviews. In meantime I completed my Bachelors degree but still can't find anything. I am really worried now because no one will hire me knowing that my technical skills are diminishing and I haven't been in hospital in almost 2 years. This field is becoming pathetic and every program director who are misdirecting students should be ashamed. I don't know what to do or what route to take now. How do I land a position in Nuclear Medicine. I also don't want to change my career because this is something that I enjoy doing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kevin in Memphis, Tennessee

33 months ago

As an Administrator for a Cardiology Practice, my suggestion is to PRN work at hospitals and clinics. You often will make connections. Additionally, we cuts in medicare reimbursement, find out how much your colleagues are making and drop your salary expectation by 1.00-2.00 per hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Loui in Houston, Texas

29 months ago

I'm one of those newcomers that didn't listen to anyone when they told me to quit Nuc Med now and go into something else. Just recently graduated this past May 2012. I should be eligible to take my CT at the end of August so I'll have CT in my background as well. I'm willing to relocate anywhere in the major city of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi (last resort), or Alabama. I would not mind going any further but the pay has to be enough to make a decent living on my own because I'm starting from scratch. Thanks you guys! Please Email me at Luyenn86@hotmail.com, If any of you can help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Brad in Lubbock, Texas

28 months ago

Hi, I will be moving to the Ft Worth-Metroplex area in the next few months, and will be looking for either a full or part time job in Nuc Med. I have 9 years experience in a critical care facility in both general Nuc and Cardiology, with some PET/CT, as well as a large background in marketing, including online and PPC and Internet SEO. If anybody hears of an opening, please let me know, thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

gene blair saldana in Singapore, Singapore

28 months ago

hi there. name is gene currently nuclear medicine tech in singapore. i am planning to relocate to the US. i recently passed my NMTCB andnow am a certified nuclear med tech CNMT. i have been working in this industry for the past 12 yrs. there are many times i wanted to get away with this job but i just cant. i still enjoy and love this unique and great service to our patients. i have passed my american med tech and i became a nurse too but, i still am stuck with being a nuc tech. and after i passed the NMTCB, this has proven my worth as a tech. so anyways, i really do hope i could find a new and better opportunities in the USA. hope others may see and probably help me out... all the best. email me: gbsrmt@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

michael in Louisville, Kentucky

24 months ago

Hello everyone. I live in Louisville ky & have 17 yrs experience in nuclear medicine. I recently lost my job @ U of L hospital. I am finding the job search very difficult as everyone else. I don't want to relocate because of family but am starting to apply for positions anywhere. I am considering returning to school for nursing possibly. Would getting certified in Ct, Mri, or ultrasound be a better idea? Am currently at a loss as what to do, but keep telling myself that everything happens for a reason. Thanks & good luck to everyone,hopefully things will look up soon.
michaelmanning@gmail.com

24 months ago

michael in Louisville, Kentucky said: Hello everyone. I live in Louisville ky & have 17 yrs experience in nuclear medicine. I recently lost my job @ U of L hospital. I am finding the job search very difficult as everyone else. I don't want to relocate because of family but am starting to apply for positions anywhere. I am considering returning to school for nursing possibly. Would getting certified in Ct, Mri, or ultrasound be a better idea? Am currently at a loss as what to do, but keep telling myself that everything happens for a reason. Thanks & good luck to everyone,hopefully things will look up soon.
michaelmanning@gmail.com

Hello Michael,
I have 17 years exp in Nuclear Med as well. We both have seen a lot. If "I" has an opportunity to work in another modality it would certainly be ECHO or ULTRASOUND without a doubt. I've worked dad to day right with CT and MRI techs and I found, (my opinion only) that those jobs were not as interesting as nuclear medicine. ECHO and US seemed 'hands on' and required some skill to master. Especially heart ECHOs.
Anyways, wish you luck and please check out PET-CT jobs at Alliance, Insight, DMS,and Shared PET. DMS and Shared are big in t h e mid-west.
Thanx,
Fred

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.