Nuclear Medicine Technologist

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Jayne in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania

72 months ago

Does anyone want to trade Nuclear Medicine Tech jobs?!

I have a fantastic job in Rochester, NY, but I want to move back to Pittsburgh, PA and there are no jobs in my field.

By some miracle, if you are in Pgh and want to be in Rochester, maybe we could make a sweet deal!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

lori in Rush, New York

53 months ago

are you still trying to find ajob outside of rochester

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

reno3434@yahoo.com in Buffalo, New York

48 months ago

Jayne in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania said: Does anyone want to trade Nuclear Medicine Tech jobs?!

I have a fantastic job in Rochester, NY, but I want to move back to Pittsburgh, PA and there are no jobs in my field.

By some miracle, if you are in Pgh and want to be in Rochester, maybe we could make a sweet deal!

ARE YOU INTRESTED IN TN??? I AM FROM BUFFALO AND WOULD LOVE 2 MAKE IT BACK HOME TO MY FAMILY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

technologist in El Mirage, Arizona

46 months ago

reno3434@yahoo.com in Buffalo, New York said: ARE YOU INTRESTED IN TN??? I AM FROM BUFFALO AND WOULD LOVE 2 MAKE IT BACK HOME TO MY FAMILY

How much do nuclear medicine technologists make in the pittsburgh area? I am sorry you are having a hard time finding something back there.

PittsTech in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

46 months ago

I'm a technologist in Pittsburgh working for UPMC. They own basically everything in this town and they pay very little. The starting wage in Pittsburgh for UPMC Nuc Med Tech is 18.40. For a PET tech it is 19.40.

Sad... I know.

Oh.... to top it all off. I have been a tech for 5 years and I have seen maybe 5 job openings in that time between 4 UPMC hospitals.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Liz in Tampa, Florida

46 months ago

hey nuc med tech in pittsburgh pa! I went to the community college in Pittsburgh, PA for nuc med and graduated in aug of 2009! Here I am 17 months later working an entry-level job! There are no nuc med jobs in florida or anywhere b/c I have applied to all of them and have not heard back from anyone. And whats even worse is that I have been out over a year. So I have no experience. I think it is aweful what UPMC is doing! What happen to no monopoly! You prob aren't even getting paid what you are worth! I even applied for a job in Casper, WY! I tried to look at states where there were no schools! Didn't help! I work at an imaging facility and everyone is cross-trained! No need to go to school b/c the industry is using the people they already have. Less people and benefits they have to pay out!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Liz in Tampa, Florida

46 months ago

PittsTech in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: I'm a technologist in Pittsburgh working for UPMC. They own basically everything in this town and they pay very little. The starting wage in Pittsburgh for UPMC Nuc Med Tech is 18.40. For a PET tech it is 19.40.

Sad... I know.

Oh.... to top it all off. I have been a tech for 5 years and I have seen maybe 5 job openings in that time between 4 UPMC hospitals.

hey nuc med tech in pittsburgh pa! I went to the community college in Pittsburgh, PA for nuc med and graduated in aug of 2009! Here I am 17 months later working an entry-level job! There are no nuc med jobs in florida or anywhere b/c I have applied to all of them and have not heard back from anyone. And whats even worse is that I have been out over a year. So I have no experience. I think it is aweful what UPMC is doing! What happen to no monopoly! You prob aren't even getting paid what you are worth! I even applied for a job in Casper, WY! I tried to look at states where there were no schools! Didn't help! I work at an imaging facility and everyone is cross-trained! No need to go to school b/c the industry is using the people they already have. Less people and benefits they have to pay out!

ire in San Antonio, Texas

45 months ago

Hello,

Does anyone know where there are jobs available for entry level nuc med techs? I have graduated in 2008 and they all want 2-5 years experience. I really need someone to give me a chance. Please help!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

H.S. in Little Rock, Arkansas

39 months ago

Liz in Tampa, Florida said: hey nuc med tech in pittsburgh pa! I went to the community college in Pittsburgh, PA for nuc med and graduated in aug of 2009! Here I am 17 months later working an entry-level job! There are no nuc med jobs in florida or anywhere b/c I have applied to all of them and have not heard back from anyone. And whats even worse is that I have been out over a year. So I have no experience. I think it is aweful what UPMC is doing! What happen to no monopoly! You prob aren't even getting paid what you are worth! I even applied for a job in Casper, WY! I tried to look at states where there were no schools! Didn't help! I work at an imaging facility and everyone is cross-trained! No need to go to school b/c the industry is using the people they already have. Less people and benefits they have to pay out!

I completely understand where you are coming from! I graduated at the same time, and haven't been able to find even a PRN position. It seems like who you know doesn't matter, they still hire the new student over you. When I graduated I couldn't get not one person to want a new student. So, now it's go back to school in hopes of pursuing something that actually might pay off, or working an entry level job for very minimum pay. However, most entry level positions say you are over qualified and aren't interested in you. BLAH!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.