Nuke Med Options?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

deuce9 in benton, Arkansas

49 months ago

I'm 25 and recently graduated with a BS in Nuke Med and cannot find a job. I'm more than willing to move anywhere but never receive return calls from applications. Currently I'm studying for the CT registry. Does anyone have any other ideas on what to do to make me more marketable and ultimately help me land a job? Any and all advice is appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jlocicero in Washington, District of Columbia

49 months ago

I am really sorry to hear about the situation, unfortunately every student that is graduating has been falling into the same trap. The market for jobs in nuclear medicine technology is literally Death Valley. There are so many applicants for one position at one time that it is impossible to look at all the applications/resumes. I have been in nuclear med for 7 years now and I was laid off in January and still have yet to find anything. I am working now, but not in my field. I have tried everything to make myself marketable. It has become a who you know field now, not what you know anymore. Go to the meetings if you have time and network, it seems to be the only way. Take care. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.