PET

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 94)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

josh in Santa Ana, California

84 months ago

I'm a ARRT(R)(CT), I have an opportunity to work and train on a PET/CT machine. I would be solely responsible for the CT aspect of the exam. I have researched the requirements for me to take the PET scan registry. I'm wondering if it is worth me sitting for the PET exam once I fulfill the requirements? I know some techs that are both certified in Nuc Med and Radiography. Does anyone one know a ARRT (CT) tech that has taken and passed the PET registry? What, if at all, is the market for someone like myself? I keep thinking that a hospital or clinic would prefer a Certified Nuc Med tech over me. I know there was a reason for the ARRT/NMTCB to open this pathway for Nuc Med techs to get there CT registry and CT techs to get there PET registry. I believe that more and more hospitals are going to need a "Dual" liscensed tech to run the PET/CT equipment. Please let me know your thoughts on the topic. I really appreciate it. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

I just saw a post on here related to the same subject.... I'm not about "turf-wars". I genuinely want to learn PET and work together with Nuc Med techs and learn from them. I have been intrested in PET and Nuc MEd for some time now. At some point, I would like to get into Nuc Med school. Unfortunately, right now I'm unable to. I also want to help any Nuc Med tech that wants to learn CT. I have the experience and the study guides to prep anyone who wants to pass the CT registry. I just thought I would let everybody know.....Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sams O. in Garden Grove, California

84 months ago

josh in Santa Ana, California said: I just saw a post on here related to the same subject.... I'm not about "turf-wars". I genuinely want to learn PET and work together with Nuc Med techs and learn from them. I have been intrested in PET and Nuc MEd for some time now. At some point, I would like to get into Nuc Med school. Unfortunately, right now I'm unable to. I also want to help any Nuc Med tech that wants to learn CT. I have the experience and the study guides to prep anyone who wants to pass the CT registry. I just thought I would let everybody know.....Thank you

Josh, thanks for the info. I am a nuc med tech, can operate on PET. I wonder if you would be an asset for me to learn CT and be certified on it.

Thanks....

84 months ago

please e-mail me @ jmartin2119@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sams O. in Cerritos, California

84 months ago

Josh,

Good to hearing from you, I am ready to help you in getting you in to nuclear med tech school and PET for fall 2008.
I want you to know that they will expect you to be full time M to F. You can work over the weekend OR Study...
If you think you are ready, I will help you to the end...

Please reply!

Samson

Yonas in Fort Worth, Texas

83 months ago

Hi I have NMTCB and ARRT(N). I have been looking for a Nuc Med job for a while now. It has been hard since I got my certification about 4 month ago. I have been doing PRN works for the last four month now but I would to get a full time job. I did internship for 8 month (40 hours a week) but I was told that does not count as a work experience. I have TX and CA state license. Please, help if any of you know about a job. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kelly in Springfield, Pennsylvania

82 months ago

josh in Santa Ana, California said: I'm a ARRT(R)(CT), I have an opportunity to work and train on a PET/CT machine. I would be solely responsible for the CT aspect of the exam. I have researched the requirements for me to take the PET scan registry. I'm wondering if it is worth me sitting for the PET exam once I fulfill the requirements? I know some techs that are both certified in Nuc Med and Radiography. Does anyone one know a ARRT (CT) tech that has taken and passed the PET registry? What, if at all, is the market for someone like myself? I keep thinking that a hospital or clinic would prefer a Certified Nuc Med tech over me. I know there was a reason for the ARRT/NMTCB to open this pathway for Nuc Med techs to get there CT registry and CT techs to get there PET registry. I believe that more and more hospitals are going to need a "Dual" liscensed tech to run the PET/CT equipment. Please let me know your thoughts on the topic. I really appreciate it. Thank you.

i wouldnt do it....no jobs!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Leah in Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin

82 months ago

Yonas in Fort Worth, Texas said: Hi I have NMTCB and ARRT(N). I have been looking for a Nuc Med job for a while now. It has been hard since I got my certification about 4 month ago. I have been doing PRN works for the last four month now but I would to get a full time job. I did internship for 8 month (40 hours a week) but I was told that does not count as a work experience. I have TX and CA state license. Please, help if any of you know about a job. Thanks.

I have been looking and looking for a job for 4 months. I've been having a heck of a time trying to get a hold of HR and the Nuclear Medicine Supervisors of the hospitals I've been applying too. I'm want to relocate. I have a bachelor's degree and did a 1 year internship. I don't get why nobody is calling me back or why I'm getting emails saying that they have filled the position and that my credentials were not good enough. So I know exactly what you are going through. Have you had any luck yet?

Yonas in Chevy Chase, Maryland

82 months ago

I just got a job it took a while. I think since I was doing PRN job that helped. Try to get PRN job until you find full time. I will be moving to VA from TX and I start second week of Feb.. Thanks

Solozzo in Saint Louis, Missouri

82 months ago

Hi,
I saw it all coming but did not have the right opportunity. I was a full time Nuc Med tech for over 4 yrs, was in a physics degree program at the time, got layed off, did some PRN while I finished my degree, now I can't get a full time job, getting to 3 months now. There are a lot of PET/CT openings but they are not willing to train anybody unless you are dual certified and I'm not.

Does anybody has any idea? I am ready to move and take a reduced pay.

Solozzo in Saint Louis, Missouri

82 months ago

I am thinking of going to X-ray School to hopefully get certified in CT. My only concern I need to earn some income while that last, which is a remote possibility.

nukem in Tehachapi, California

81 months ago

Does anyone know of a good PET or Pet/CT exam review book out there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Salt Lake City, Utah

80 months ago

Your best bet if you havnt already done so is to get Nuc Med Certification. Then hopefully you can get a job in a hospital where there is a Pet/Ct Camera. Ive worked at three such hospitals and they all worked the same way. The Nuc Techs controlled the Pet Camera. This is where your experience will come from. Also, on the idea of Ct Certification. Most of the Hospitals I work at, 75% of all Ct Techs do not have their Ct Certification. Again, you will need to take a CT Course, but if you can land this with the same hospital you work at as a Rad Tech, your chances are very high that you will eventually get pulled over into the Ct department. Remember, do all your clinicals (free work) at the hospital you want to work for. Your chances will be greater to get hired on there.

Mike Barnwell in Southaven, Mississippi

80 months ago

I have been working in dedicated PET and PET/CT the last two years. I am only certified through NMTCB. Does anyone have any ideas where i can get some material to take my CT registry. I have a couple books on CT and have limited experience with CT so i'm looking for some information that will really help me prepare for the CT registry. Any help will be appreciated. My email is mikebarnwell@comcast.net. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brian in Virginia Beach, Virginia

80 months ago

Hello to you all. I am not sure how many of you are still looking at this post, but I will add a couple of my thoughts. I have been a nucmed tech for just over 18 years and have seen the demand for techs dwindle down to what we have today. With all of the advances in CT and MRI and the majority of cardiologist already establishing their practices with nuc techs the job opportunities are very low for us. There are some opportunities out there but they are hard to find, I know because I am now working as a healthcare recruiter. I love nucmed and still work part time so I can keep my hands in the pot, so to speek. For those of you that are CT or MRI or even x-ray, my suggestion would be to really look into the field, the demand for us is low and CT, MRI is on the rise, also, Medical Sonography is a very lucrative area right now, just look at the Rad Today Journal. If you would like some help in looking for jobs my website is WWW.QTimeInc.com and we have some postings listed there and my contact is Brian@QTimeInc.com. I may not be able to finds jobs for everyone but I should be able to help direct you in your search. Take care everybody. God Bless,
Brian

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Holly in Kingwood, Texas

77 months ago

Solozzo in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I am thinking of going to X-ray School to hopefully get certified in CT. My only concern I need to earn some income while that last, which is a remote possibility.[/QUOT

If your still reading this and I hope you are. You don't have to go to X-ray school. It's one semester in school actually 2 classes and 20 hours a week in clinicals.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Yonas in Roanoke, Virginia

77 months ago

I am a Nuclear Med Tech. There is school only for CT. I am thinking about going to CT as well. How do I find out about school only for CT? Thanks

Holly in Kingwood, Texas

77 months ago

Yonas in Roanoke, Virginia said: I am a Nuclear Med Tech. There is school only for CT. I am thinking about going to CT as well. How do I find out about school only for CT? Thanks

There is in Houston. I don't know about where you live. Houston Community college offers a 1 semester course in CT if you're RT(R), RT(N)etc....

77 months ago

Ok thanks, I will looking in to it. Once you are done with 1 semester couse would you able to take the the board exam and work as a CT tech. ?

John in Houston, Texas

77 months ago

Just got accepted into the nuc med program at in houston. They advise us to take the CT course after the program to be more marketable. So far everybody that graduated from here has found jobs. The advisor said the market is low and that is probably why the only accept 17 students a year.

RTR in Paramus, New Jersey

77 months ago

John in Houston, Texas said: Just got accepted into the nuc med program at in houston. They advise us to take the CT course after the program to be more marketable. So far everybody that graduated from here has found jobs. The advisor said the market is low and that is probably why the only accept 17 students a year.

your school accepted 17, mine accepted only 10. yeah they said the same thing really but their students found jobs from last year also where I went. I am actually being taught, trained, and gaining work experience in CT already in my job. hopefully i'll take the CT registry during the program.

Marie Dunn in Houston, Texas

76 months ago

John

There are NO jobs for nuclear Tech's in Houston. Taking the CT course after the program does not make you more marketable, it just gives you the ability to apply for other entry level jobs. Most CT techs are X-ray techs, so they have the experience hospitals are looking for. Not everyone that graduated from there found jobs....sorry.

John in Houston, Texas

76 months ago

Hmm.. so are there just no jobs anywhere? Are there more jobs for ct...doing nuc med then going ct isn't too bad of an option. Would I atleast be able to get a ct job going out?

Holly in Kingwood, Texas

76 months ago

John in Houston, Texas said: Hmm.. so are there just no jobs anywhere? Are there more jobs for ct...doing nuc med then going ct isn't too bad of an option. Would I atleast be able to get a ct job going out?

What you need to do is look on the hospital websites and see what they're looking for. Find out what kind of experience you have to have. With the market being as low as it is, most hospitals are asking for experience.

76 months ago

John in Houston, Texas said: Hmm.. so are there just no jobs anywhere? Are there more jobs for ct...doing nuc med then going ct isn't too bad of an option. Would I atleast be able to get a ct job going out?

It's very doubtful you'd be able to get a CT job with no experience. Most CT techs are x-ray tech's with experience. All your can do is hope the market shifts in 2 years when you get out of school. If there are jobs the pay will be very low due to the fact there are too many techs.

bizznonya in Texas

76 months ago

Marie Dunn in Houston, Texas said: John

There are NO jobs for nuclear Tech's in Houston. Taking the CT course after the program does not make you more marketable, it just gives you the ability to apply for other entry level jobs. Most CT techs are X-ray techs, so they have the experience hospitals are looking for. Not everyone that graduated from there found jobs....sorry.

Job ID 8564
Company Name Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, St. Luke's Episcopal Health System
Job Category Healthcare; Healthcare
Location Houston, TX
Position Type Full-Time, Employee
Experience Unspecified
Date Posted June 5, 2008 (Reposted Jul 11)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bizznonya in Texas

76 months ago

Marie Dunn in Houston, Texas said: John

Nuclear Medicine Technologist: Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, St. Luke's Episcopal Health System

Job ID 8564
Company Name Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, St. Luke's Episcopal Health System
Job Category Healthcare; Healthcare
Location Houston, TX
Position Type Full-Time, Employee
Experience Unspecified
Date Posted June 5, 2008 (Reposted Jul 11)

azbah in Irvine, California

76 months ago

Sams O. in Garden Grove, California said: Josh, thanks for the info. I am a nuc med tech, can operate on PET. I wonder if you would be an asset for me to learn CT and be certified on it.

Thanks....

Hi I will start my NUC MED program in CA in SEP, do you have any idea how the job market has been for the students who already graduated? Thank you

76 months ago

josh in Santa Ana, California said: I'm a ARRT(R)(CT), I have an opportunity to work and train on a PET/CT machine. I would be solely responsible for the CT aspect of the exam. I have researched the requirements for me to take the PET scan registry. I'm wondering if it is worth me sitting for the PET exam once I fulfill the requirements? I know some techs that are both certified in Nuc Med and Radiography. Does anyone one know a ARRT (CT) tech that has taken and passed the PET registry? What, if at all, is the market for someone like myself? I keep thinking that a hospital or clinic would prefer a Certified Nuc Med tech over me. I know there was a reason for the ARRT/NMTCB to open this pathway for Nuc Med techs to get there CT registry and CT techs to get there PET registry. I believe that more and more hospitals are going to need a "Dual" liscensed tech to run the PET/CT equipment. Please let me know your thoughts on the topic. I really appreciate it. Thank you.

Hi I will start my NUC MED program in CA in SEP, do you have any idea how the job market has been for the students who already graduated? Thank you

Kim in Scranton, Pennsylvania

75 months ago

Hello to all! I'm currently an ARRT (R) and am looking into advancing my career in PET or PET/CT. I was wondering if anyone could help me with some information on schooling/training for PET, PET/CT. I'm having trouble finding information. It would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! My email is: kimberly.als@gmail.com

GABRIEL B EKORTARH in Houston, Texas

75 months ago

Kim in Scranton, Pennsylvania said: Hello to all! I'm currently an ARRT (R) and am looking into advancing my career in PET or PET/CT. I was wondering if anyone could help me with some information on schooling/training for PET, PET/CT. I'm having trouble finding information. It would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! My email is: kimberly.als@gmail.com

Hi Kim,

Recently worked on the PET/CT SCANNER GEMINI GXL by philips, but going back to school fall 08 to do a Masters of Radiologic Imaging Science ( PET/CT CONCENTRATION) . The university is Thomas Jefferson university. Check under Jefferson College of Health Professions. Excellent program only 12months. I am starting this september and would graduate in august. You are able to sit for the CT registry and PET registry upon completion.

75 months ago

GABRIEL B EKORTARH in Houston, Texas said: Hi Kim,

Recently worked on the PET/CT SCANNER GEMINI GXL by philips, but going back to school fall 08 to do a Masters of Radiologic Imaging Science ( PET/CT CONCENTRATION) . The university is Thomas Jefferson university. Check under Jefferson College of Health Professions. Excellent program only 12months. I am starting this september and would graduate in august. You are able to sit for the CT registry and PET registry upon completion.

You can take one semester of CT and sit for the CT registry.Do the CT part while you're learning PET and then sit for that registry....

Gordon VanBuren in Novi, Michigan

75 months ago

Hey gang, I know the job market is slim pickins right now. The best bet for Nuclear Techs to get CT certified (just passsed my boards!!!) is to work PRN for a mobile PET/CT company, this will give you the best of both worlds, PET and CT experience. I learned today that there are 22,389 CNMT and 12,219 RT(N); i know some are dual certified; but only 490 CNMT+RT(N) are also CT certified!! Nuclear Techs with CT certification will have a leg up on anyone else vying for jobs in either modality. SPECT/CT is on the rise (at least the manufacturers are pushing it) and there is still the turf war between Ct and Nuc on the fusion modality. I response to the first of this thread, I trained an RT(R)(CT) tech to take the PET boards in less than 1 year. It can be done

75 months ago

Gordon VanBuren in Novi, Michigan said: Hey gang, I know the job market is slim pickins right now. The best bet for Nuclear Techs to get CT certified (just passsed my boards!!!) is to work PRN for a mobile PET/CT company, this will give you the best of both worlds, PET and CT experience. I learned today that there are 22,389 CNMT and 12,219 RT(N); i know some are dual certified; but only 490 CNMT+RT(N) are also CT certified!! Nuclear Techs with CT certification will have a leg up on anyone else vying for jobs in either modality. SPECT/CT is on the rise (at least the manufacturers are pushing it) and there is still the turf war between Ct and Nuc on the fusion modality. I response to the first of this thread, I trained an RT(R)(CT) tech to take the PET boards in less than 1 year. It can be done

Hello and thank you for the great information. So now that you are fresh out of school (and BTW congrad on passing your board!!) how is the job situation for you? are you finding it hard to find a job? im strting my program in SEP and kinda worried about what im seeing here about the future of the Nuc med. I would appretiate you input. Thanks

J in Delray Beach, Florida

75 months ago

I was trying to get Ct certification and now Florida says no, I have to be an x-ray tech first. I am not going back to school for two years for that. Hell I already have a masters. I have been in Nuclear for 8 years and have seen it go down hill. Talk about letting anyone graduate. As far as my class goes I feel safer in a third world country.

NMT in Texas

75 months ago

J in Delray Beach, Florida said: I was trying to get Ct certification and now Florida says no, I have to be an x-ray tech first. I am not going back to school for two years for that. Hell I already have a masters. I have been in Nuclear for 8 years and have seen it go down hill. Talk about letting anyone graduate. As far as my class goes I feel safer in a third world country.

In Texas you no longer have to be an x-ray Tech to do CT. NMT's can get OJT or they can take one semester and become certified.

75 months ago

I have only been Nuc Med Tech for one year now. It took about 4 month to get a full time job. So J so you think Nuclear is going down? I know it is hard to find a job but is it really to be in it right now?

Kim in Scranton, Pennsylvania

75 months ago

Hi Gabriel, I looked into Jefferson College of Health Professionals and the only way I can do that program is if I'm RT(N), which I'm not. I'm not sure if there are any programs where that is not a requirement or not, or if I should think about going to school for Nuc. Med. and then PET/CT? If anyone knows of any other places to go for PET/CT please let me know. Also does anyone know how the job market is now for Nuc. Med, PET/CT, or what it will be possibly in a couple years? The info os appreciated! Thank you!

pyladd

75 months ago

I'm in California and the job market here as well as the rest of the country is the worst I've seen in a long time. Nuc Med schools have pumped out way too many students in the past few years and we have all suffered financially for it.
Hopefully in a few years the market will get better as these things seem to be cyclical.

NMT in Texas

75 months ago

Kim in Scranton, Pennsylvania said: Hi Gabriel, I looked into Jefferson College of Health Professionals and the only way I can do that program is if I'm RT(N), which I'm not. I'm not sure if there are any programs where that is not a requirement or not, or if I should think about going to school for Nuc. Med. and then PET/CT? If anyone knows of any other places to go for PET/CT please let me know. Also does anyone know how the job market is now for Nuc. Med, PET/CT, or what it will be possibly in a couple years? The info os appreciated! Thank you!

If you are RT you can OJT for CT and then find a NMT to teach you PET. Good luck finding a job with NO experience. For that matter good luck finding a job with experience. CT & MRI are the modalites on the rise.I would suggest one of those modalites. Nuc. Med. is not going to grow anytime soon!

Gordon VanBuren in South Bend, Indiana

75 months ago

the economy is down right now but guys hang in there, the DOD just approved several billion dollars in monies for research into new radiopharmaceuticals, PET/CT keeps growing. Lung Scans just last year got big boost from articles in the JNM about them being just as accurate as CT for PE. dont give up, we are in down cycle but there will be an up. Nuc Techs without jobs should be applying at the nearest Nuclear Power plant, our getting cross trained into some other modality, be creative with job offers to potential employers. I still ads for Nuc Techs in the midwest for PET/CT every month! My group just hired an RT for potential training into PET. The local community college just opend an MRI only program for cross training RTs. Talk to the head hunters, broaden your search, there are jobs just harder to find.

Gordon VanBuren in South Bend, Indiana

75 months ago

azbah in Irvine, California said: Hello and thank you for the great information. So now that you are fresh out of school (and BTW congrad on passing your board!!) how is the job situation for you? are you finding it hard to find a job? im strting my program in SEP and kinda worried about what im seeing here about the future of the Nuc med. I would appretiate you input. Thanks

I think the future (next 2-5yrs) are bright, we have PET/CT really picking up in demand, PET/MRI in now commmercially available, SPECT/CT is getting a big push from the manufacturers. I am not fresh out of school, I have been a Nuc Tech since 1995 and was just now able to get CT cross trained. Jobs are scarce but I would join the local SNM chapter go to the meetings, network, call the local radiopharmacy, try to find the area drug reps for Cardiolite and Myoview and contact them. I would even contact the manufacturers of the imaging equipment (Phillips, GE, Siemens, Toshiba, Capintec, Pinestar etc.,) and see if they have opportunities. Jobs are out there just be creative and polish up those people skills, the best tech you interviews the worst will NOT get hired over the worst tech you interviews the best....Instead be the best at both.

75 months ago

Gordon VanBuren in South Bend, Indiana said: the economy is down right now but guys hang in there, the DOD just approved several billion dollars in monies for research into new radiopharmaceuticals, PET/CT keeps growing. Lung Scans just last year got big boost from articles in the JNM about them being just as accurate as CT for PE. dont give up, we are in down cycle but there will be an up. Nuc Techs without jobs should be applying at the nearest Nuclear Power plant, our getting cross trained into some other modality, be creative with job offers to potential employers. I still ads for Nuc Techs in the midwest for PET/CT every month! My group just hired an RT for potential training into PET. The local community college just opend an MRI only program for cross training RTs. Talk to the head hunters, broaden your search, there are jobs just harder to find.

I agree NMT's should be getting cross trained in another modality. CT is expected to grow over the next 5 years, so is nuclear cardiology.

Gene Cloer in Birmingham, Alabama

75 months ago

Yonas in Roanoke, Virginia said: I have only been Nuc Med Tech for one year now. It took about 4 month to get a full time job. So J so you think Nuclear is going down? I know it is hard to find a job but is it really to be in it right now?

Hi, Yonas. I have been in Nuclear Medicine for 27 years with 2 BS's and a Master's in Environmental Health. I think the field has been supersatured over the past 5-8 years. The salaries of new students are within 3 bucks of techs that have been in the field decades. I don't see Nuclear improving much over the next few years. The reimburse will go down again next year. The new areas of PET/CT is way to expense unless you are a large med center. I think it is a down hill go from here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Gene Cloer in Birmingham, Alabama said: Hi, Yonas. I have been in Nuclear Medicine for 27 years with 2 BS's and a Master's in Environmental Health. I think the field has been supersatured over the past 5-8 years. The salaries of new students are within 3 bucks of techs that have been in the field decades. I don't see Nuclear improving much over the next few years. The reimburse will go down again next year. The new areas of PET/CT is way to expense unless you are a large med center. I think it is a down hill go from here.

I agree, there is nothing to indicate that Nuc.Med. is going to pick up. If anything it's going to get worse. There are two schools in the Houston area that are still pumping out students. As of today there are NO jobs, not even PRN. I have a PRN job and am having no luck finding anything FT. The director of one of the schools tells potential students the job market is fair. Wonder where he gets his information....

Gene Cloer in Birmingham, Alabama

75 months ago

Hi, Marie
I have conveyed the same type of info to the Program Director at UAB(University of Alabama,Birmingham)He is a former student of mine from the mid 80's. He didn't seem to care. I understand the program will graduate 12-15 students within 3 months. The program paint a grand picture and they care only for the numbers. I think the present clinical instructors do not tell the students the real story.

75 months ago

Gene
The following is what the program director in Houston wrote to a potential student. I can see why students would still consider the program. However, what he says is just NOT true. The 2007 class, all but one went to CT school, because there were NO jobs. The job market is even worse now. He plans on admitting 17 students, where they'll work is anyone's guess, because now the PRN jobs are all taken.

"The job market in nuclear medicine is tight at the present, but not as bad as a lot of those people wrote. Let me get back with you on how our March 2008 graduates did finding employment. There were 8 graduates. I was out on medical leave for over a month and I need to check with Rene and Vikki. I know where some of the graduates are currently working, but Vikki and Rene were telling me about some of the latest employment placements on Friday. It does take longer than it did just a few years ago and some are having to work prn prior to finding a full-time position. I have been telling applicants at the program information sessions that the employment opportunities are fair and not like they were just a few years ago. At the college we work hard to pass on the information about openings to the graduates and keep calling them until we know they are working.

One thing I read was that only one graduate found a position from the 2007 graduating class. Now I wasn't sure if she was talking about HCC or the school she went to in Dallas. I can guarantee you that wasn't the case for our 2007 graduates. Also, we have reduced the numbers we are accepting into the program during the last several years because of the market.

I'll get back with you with more information soon,"

Glenn Smith

75 months ago

Gene Cloer, I thank you for the information.

J in Delray Beach, Florida

75 months ago

Yonas in Roanoke, Virginia said: I have only been Nuc Med Tech for one year now. It took about 4 month to get a full time job. So J so you think Nuclear is going down? I know it is hard to find a job but is it really to be in it right now?

congrats on finding a job... still no luck here.

75 months ago

J in Delray Beach, Florida said: congrats on finding a job... still no luck here.

I've had no luck either. If I could relocate I could find something. Houston is dead as far as Nuclear is concerned.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.