There is hope in Nuclear Medicine

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Zac Cockroft in Austin, Texas

53 months ago

I had my interview with Scott and White today in Temple, and several hours later I was notified that I was selected for the position of Nuclear Medicine Technologist. I was laid off from TCC a couple of weeks ago, but now that I have landed this job, everything will be ok. I will be doing General Nuclear along with PET fdg. Just thought everybody should know...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Saly in Charlotte, North Carolina

53 months ago

OMG Zac, everything happens for a reason! Congrats on the new job, that is wonderful. You have been very persuasive in the job hunt... but maybe a bit lucking too. In any rate... congrats!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Zac Cockroft in Austin, Texas

53 months ago

Ya, you could say that, Saly it has been a long road but I am glad everything is coming together. Lucky? Indeed!

BAMarshall in Knoxville, Tennessee

53 months ago

I just landed a job in KY after looking for 8 months. I have 11 yrs. Nuc/XRay experience and with this position.. I have gone from $65,000/yr to $50,000/yr. But I ain't complaining.
Hang in there guys!!

bobchoda in Mascoutah, Illinois

53 months ago

BAMarshall in Knoxville, Tennessee said: I just landed a job in KY after looking for 8 months. I have 11 yrs. Nuc/XRay experience and with this position.. I have gone from $65,000/yr to $50,000/yr. But I ain't complaining.
Hang in there guys!!

Would that be in London KY

Sandsvans in Mount Sterling, Kentucky

53 months ago

BAMarshall in Knoxville, Tennessee said: I just landed a job in KY after looking for 8 months. I have 11 yrs. Nuc/XRay experience and with this position.. I have gone from $65,000/yr to $50,000/yr. But I ain't complaining.
Hang in there guys!!

BAMarshall, I am looking for a nuclear Medical Technologist in Whitesburg, KY and I am willing to offer you more than 50K. Please email your resume to sandsvansonline@yahoo.com

BAMarshall in Knoxville, Tennessee

53 months ago

bobchoda in Mascoutah, Illinois said: Would that be in London KY

Nope, sorta near there though.

Earl in Marshfield, Wisconsin

50 months ago

Yes, hope springs eternal.

I have had several negatively toned posts on the site, but I'm giving that up in favor of better things.

We need to help each other out!

If you are in the Kewaskum, WI area (or a 75 mile radius of there) and know of a Nuc Med Tech position, please email bkgrota@yahoo.com with the details. She is a recent Nuc Med grad and a fellow tech who needs work!

Thanks,

Earl

Earl in Green Bay, Wisconsin

48 months ago

There is hope, and I need to have lots of it. Since I last wrote, I am now looking for a Nuc Med position along with a lot of other techs.

This past month, I have put in 72 applications, and soon will have had 2 phone interviews. One position had over 120 applicants. I am one of 12 who will get the phone interview. 3 will be called in for a face-to-face interview.

I wish everyone well who is looking. Because I know firsthand that it is a rough market.

Earl of Green Bay (formerly Earl of Marshfield)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Solley in Chicago

48 months ago

Еarl, what happened with your fellow recent nuc med grad? Any luck for her?

eagle1gator in Plant City, Florida

48 months ago

My hope is that everyone will find the job that they are looking for. Does anyone have any advice on how to go about out of state job hunting? Thanks in advance,

Keith

CNMT in Virginia

48 months ago

eagle1gator in Plant City, Florida said: My hope is that everyone will find the job that they are looking for. Does anyone have any advice on how to go about out of state job hunting? Thanks in advance,

Keith

I have been looking for a FT job in nucmed too but to no avail. It seems no one will hire unless you live instate. My buddy just got hired out of state from where he used to work at because he knew someone there before. He got lucky.
Unfortunately Keith, HR will look at your resume and determine if you have enough experience and whether you live instate. Most of the time they will throw it away. There are just way too many nucmed techs and not enough jobs out there!

Jonwalker in Grove, Oklahoma

48 months ago

eagle1gator in Plant City, Florida said: My hope is that everyone will find the job that they are looking for. Does anyone have any advice on how to go about out of state job hunting? Thanks in advance,

Keith

I would start with a really good cover letter. Its the first thing they see and the first time to make an impression. If you are willing to relocate, say you are up front. Tell them you are willing to relocate, because they are such am impressive company. If you can see if they have won any awards or have any positive information about them floating around. Don't be afraid ti kiss some rear. When they read your profile, they are looking at what you can do for them, not what they can do for you. Once they make an offer, then you have some wiggle room.

Things you want to show in your letter. That you know who they are. That you are aggressive but still follow the rules. That you want to help them grow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

eagle1gator in Plant City, Florida

48 months ago

Jonwalker-

Thanks for the valuable information. I really appreciate you taking your time to share that. I will certainly use that approach and let you know what results I receive.

Keith

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.