WORK HOURS Help!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Marv Z in Sunland, California

66 months ago

Hey guys, I am new to this forum.. but I had a really quick question. How many days out of the week do nuclear medicine Techs work? Is it 3 days a week 12 hours a day. or m-f 8 hours a day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CNMT in Chicago, Illinois

59 months ago

Its normally Monday-Friday 8 hours with late night call and weekend call depending on the facility and the department hours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

janedoeesmith in South Lake Tahoe, California

59 months ago

Marv Z in Sunland, California said: Hey guys, I am new to this forum.. but I had a really quick question. How many days out of the week do nuclear medicine Techs work? Is it 3 days a week 12 hours a day. or m-f 8 hours a day.

I work in california our department is 24/7. We typically work 10hr shifts oncall at night and we work seven days a week good $ tho I ususally work anywhere from 3-4 days a week

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Samaiya in Lakeland, Florida

59 months ago

CNMT in Chicago, Illinois said: Its normally Monday-Friday 8 hours with late night call and weekend call depending on the facility and the department hours.

Hi CNMT in Chicago. I am coming to the Chicago area next weekend too hopefully find employment there as a nuclear med tech. I graduated almost a year ago here in Florida and can't find anything, so I'm thinking maybe Chicago will be better for me. Plus I'm from Chicago and always wanted to move back home. Anyhow I was wondering if you possibly knew of any positions open or opening in the near future. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Please email me at samaiya.b@gmail.com if you know of anything. I could also send you my resume to see my credentials if you'd like. Just let me know. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CNMT in Chicago, Illinois

59 months ago

Samaiya in Lakeland, Florida said: Hi CNMT in Chicago. I am coming to the Chicago area next weekend too hopefully find employment there as a nuclear med tech. I graduated almost a year ago here in Florida and can't find anything, so I'm thinking maybe Chicago will be better for me. Plus I'm from Chicago and always wanted to move back home. Anyhow I was wondering if you possibly knew of any positions open or opening in the near future. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Please email me at samaiya.b@gmail.com if you know of anything. I could also send you my resume to see my credentials if you'd like. Just let me know. Thanks!

Samaiya in Florida. Chicago is NOT the place to go to find a nuc med job. My advice to you is don't waste your time and money to move here. There is no jobs here. I can only find 1 in the Chicagoland area. I am not even employed at the time. Trust me there is nothing here. Do a search for yourself...most of the jobs in indeed are already gone or very old postings that are taken already. Sorry to break the bad news to you, but Chicago is not the place to go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

samantha rose in Anderson, Indiana

29 months ago

Marv Z in Sunland, California said: Hey guys, I am new to this forum.. but I had a really quick question. How many days out of the week do nuclear medicine Techs work? Is it 3 days a week 12 hours a day. or m-f 8 hours a day.

what specific day do u work of its 3 days a week?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jenny in Thornhill, Ontario

29 months ago

Right now, it's more like 0 hours a week for most nuc med techs. Even the ones who were lucky enough to be working full time have had their hours cut down to part time. Of course, the hours you end up working will depend on your place of employment and the demand for nuc med tests. Unless you are in a major urban area, you will most likely work part time or even be available on call.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.