what do you think?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Marie Dunn in Houston, Texas

70 months ago

NMTCB is a little easier...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jason in Carnegie, Pennsylvania

64 months ago

I took both and the NMTCB was a lot easier I think.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Zac Cockroft in Burnet, Texas

63 months ago

The NMTCB is much easier than the ARRT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Zac Cockroft in Burnet, Texas said: The NMTCB is much easier than the ARRT.

Hi Zac how is your job search? Did you find something? I sure hope so...

63 months ago

Marie Dunn in Houston, Texas said: Hi Zac how is your job search? Did you find something? I sure hope so...

well not too good Marie I am afraid. My last interview was with Seton in Round Rock but to no avail. I think I am going to check with the position in Odessa on Monday; I am going to call and talk to that lady that posted the comment about the job opening and see what's up. That makes 7 interview to date...it is getting more discouraging by the day. They say they want experience; but everyone that works in diagnostic imaging began somewhere. I hope I do not have to throw it all away; I spent alot of money not only on the program itslef but on both registry's. We will see. How about u?

63 months ago

Hommy RT R in Olympia, Washington said: what do you think?

Go back and review physics and radiation biology if you are going to take the ARRT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

I finally went FT a couple of months ago. But I do have more than 10 years of experience and I was able to bring quite a bit of positive change to the facility I went to work for. You might want to apply to the VA Hospitals, I know Lousiana had two openings. I did a clinical rotation and my intership at a VA, I learned alot there and it's not a bad place to work either.Check usajobs.com.
Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Marie Dunn in Houston, Texas said: I finally went FT a couple of months ago. But I do have more than 10 years of experience and I was able to bring quite a bit of positive change to the facility I went to work for. You might want to apply to the VA Hospitals, I know Lousiana had two openings. I did a clinical rotation and my intership at a VA, I learned alot there and it's not a bad place to work either.Check usajobs.com.
Good Luck

I applied to the VA in Louisiana already, so now it is just a waiting game. Where exactly are you working now? I am glad you found a job full time. Anyways by for now

bob in Miami, Florida

59 months ago

if u good in math take the nmtcb if u good in theory take the arrt.

ifever in San Jose, California

52 months ago

I am a CRT. How do I get my nuclear Medicine certification in California in the Bay Area?

Thanks

Travis Sorgdrager in North Platte, Nebraska

52 months ago

I actually thought the ARRT was easier. My NMTCB had lots and lots of math, which isn't bad, but it was all the long-hand problems that take 10 minutes each to do. I took the ARRT like 2 weeks after my NMTCB and i didn't study for it at all, and passed w/ a higher grade than my NMTCB.

Ifever, you have to take the boards for it. That usually means clinicals and some type of schooling for it. You can't just pay for a cert in a different modality, although I wish that were the case...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

I took both and I am not good in math....found the NMTCB to be much easier....

Marie Smith in South Saint Paul, Minnesota

50 months ago

The passing rate is about the same. But you may want to look at yearly fees. The NMTCB is $ 36/year and the ARRT is $20/year. If you get a CT certification some day, year fees for ARRT (N)(CT) will be $32/year. But if you have CNMT, yearly fee will be $36 for the NMTCB and $32 for just the ARRT (CT). Multiply those numbers times you career lifetime, you are talking about a good chunk of money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nelly BSRS, RT(R)(N),CNMT in High Ridge, Missouri

50 months ago

I found the ARRT easier. I took both out of curiosity and because it can't hurt to have the credentials. I have 5 years of experience and unfortunately cannot find a job now that I've moved to MO from NC. In part, I blame the 99mTc shortage but also, the market is saturated and there are plenty of NucMedTech schools and hospitals in this area.

courtjel in Saint Cloud, Florida

45 months ago

I'm taking my ARRT Monday then Wednesday the CNMT. My coworker just took the CNMT today and said that there is a ton ton ton of math with the NMTCB. So be prepared! We are both taking our ARRT Monday, but have heard that it is easier than the ARRT. But we shall see.

Solley in Chicago

44 months ago

I think it all depends on which topic you are stronger. If you are strong with math, then the CNMT would be easier for you. If you are good with physics, then the ARRT would look easier. I found the ARRT for CT to be way easy compared to the NMTCB for NM.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mahesh in Haldwani, India

21 months ago

I wanna apply for arrt exam...can you please lemme know what are the benifits of arrt certificate? And how many arrt certified nuclear medicine technologist are there yet!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mono in Orlando, Florida

20 months ago

Is 75 passing on the arrt

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.