difficulty finding any NM work

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Mark in Chicago, Illinois

64 months ago

I have over 30 years in the field and am licensed and registered in NM as well as X-Ray. I have been a manager since 1981 in University Medical Centers and Outpatient Diagnostic Centers. 8 months ago my position managing 50 techs working in over 90 client sites where we provided mobile PET/CT services was eliminated when the company was purchased by Alliance Imaging. Many managers, sales and marketing people were eliminated. I have since applied to approximately 20 jobs in NM and X-Ray. I had only 4 interviews. Dedicated service with over 30 years of 8-14 hour days with zero sick days doesn't mean anything today. I am still looking and now have to pay for my COBRA health insurance for myslef and my wife.

I, too, entered healthcare as a career with the idea that it would be safe and stable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Saly in Charlotte, North Carolina

64 months ago

Mark, I am sad to concur your findings that employers have no appreciation for their employees, no matter how excellent you are... they would care less if it means to save a buck... Employers do not care at all, I have seen it, heard it and unfortunately experienced it more than once. If you leave, another one, hungrier will come and take your place and so live goes on. The fact that you have been loyal, never took sick days or that you have been always on time and always the last one to leave, making sure work was done, means nothing to them. Maybe years ago and maybe if you were very lucky to have a great manager... that might not be the case...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

blahhhh in Mont Alto, Pennsylvania

64 months ago

at least u can afford health care....i havent had health care for since i graduated high school...i put myself through college and now i have a bs in nuc med and have nothing to show for it but debt

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.