I have given up on Nuclear Medicine!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Ryan in Caledonia, Michigan

43 months ago

I started my career in Nukes in 2002 and worked for five years in Atlanta, and made money hand over fist although it was very stressful starting. I left my job and went to seminary for three years and left seminary last May because I realised it was not my calling. I then looked for a Nuc Med job here in Michigan, and the only thing I could find was two days a week in a crappy doctor's office which is ready to fold, but I was lucky to get that. I am not going to move to California for a job and I am NOT going to wait five or six years to get a full time job in Nuclear again. I figure I will do a couple years' more of school to get a bachelor's in Medical Technology. Labwork probably isn't as enjoyable a field as Nuclear Medicine is, but at least I will have a full time job, make almost as much, not deal with the stress of working with patients, and not have to live with my parents just to get by. I enjoyed my last year of being a Nuclear Medicine technologist, but the reality is that the field will take at least four or five years to recover, if it ever will. I'm not going to sit around and wait for something to happen. Thank God I don't have to provide for a family. Nukes was a great field at one time, but those days are long gone and will not be back for who knows when.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.