nuc med nmtcb requirements

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

jodi in Albert Lea, Minnesota

69 months ago

Hi. I have been a full time R.T.(R) for 20 years at a small (110 bed) hopsital. I have been doing nuc med/x-ray for 15 of those 20 years and nuc med/MRI for the last 5. I love both MRI and nuc med and now I have to make the choice to get registered and work in MRI or nuc med. I've checked into NMTCB and know my oportunity ends in 2015. I'm having trouble finding the 45 continuing educ. hrs for instrumentation, radipharmacy, and radiation safety online that will offer me a grade, so my employer will help with the class cost. Does any one know of any place that I can get this? I have to work full time, so I will have to buy books and study on my own. I hope I can then pass the NMTCB exam. If anyone knows of someone wanting to sell mock tests, wanting to get rid of old books, or have any thoughts please let me know. I have to let them know in a few days what I plan to do. I wish I had more time. Thanks for your help! Jodi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Saint Louis, Missouri

69 months ago

jodi in Albert Lea, Minnesota said: Hi. I have been a full time R.T.(R) for 20 years at a small (110 bed) hopsital. I have been doing nuc med/x-ray for 15 of those 20 years and nuc med/MRI for the last 5. I love both MRI and nuc med and now I have to make the choice to get registered and work in MRI or nuc med. I've checked into NMTCB and know my oportunity ends in 2015. I'm having trouble finding the 45 continuing educ. hrs for instrumentation, radipharmacy, and radiation safety online that will offer me a grade, so my employer will help with the class cost. Does any one know of any place that I can get this? I have to work full time, so I will have to buy books and study on my own. I hope I can then pass the NMTCB exam. If anyone knows of someone wanting to sell mock tests, wanting to get rid of old books, or have any thoughts please let me know. I have to let them know in a few days what I plan to do. I wish I had more time. Thanks for your help! Jodi

Try this site www.nucmedconsultants.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Ironton, Ohio

69 months ago

Go to the NMTCB website. They have a link there that list about 3 or 4 different places to go for that class. I went to the one by Cardinal Health in San Antonio, TX. I highly reccomend that one. They do a great job getting you ready, I passed the boards my first time after this class. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jackson in Houston, Texas

34 months ago

Is it worth to become ARRT and taking MRI class in order to get into MRI career

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

terri in Yorktown, Virginia

32 months ago

I found 38 credits that are approved in all 50 states at nuclearmedicine consultants.com. Great website!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jenny in Thornhill, Ontario

32 months ago

This really sounds like an advertisement. I would urge everyone to be very cautious in obtaining additional credits in this job market. You may just find yourself sinking deeper into debt instead of getting ahead. Bottom line, don't listen to nuc med instructors or others who will tell you lies. Do your own research and see if its even worth the time and money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.