nuclear med week

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

xhyppoli in Valley Stream, New York

72 months ago

This is a slap in the face to see snm promoting and celebrating a nuclear med week this year.There are thousand of unemployed techs from recent graduate to over 20 years experience who have been unemployed for quite a while.These fellow
techs are depressed and deeply troubled by what what is going with this field.
I think snm will do them a great favor by developing agencies to help them find jobs.Instead of Nuclear med week, it will be adequate to mourn for the passing of nuclear med technology.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

down and out in Sanford, Florida

72 months ago

xhyppoli in Valley Stream, New York said: This is a slap in the face to see snm promoting and celebrating a nuclear med week this year.There are thousand of unemployed techs from recent graduate to over 20 years experience who have been unemployed for quite a while.These fellow
techs are depressed and deeply troubled by what what is going with this field.
I think snm will do them a great favor by developing agencies to help them find jobs.Instead of Nuclear med week, it will be adequate to mourn for the passing of nuclear med technology.

THANK YOU FOR THIS, IFEEL THE SAME WAY YOU DO, IF ONLY I HAD A JOB, 28YRS EXPERIENCE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

SNMisCelebrating in Saint Louis, Missouri

72 months ago

It's like a slap in the face. Almost as if SNM were the "Exec." partying up their bonuses with the CEOs, while us little guys get duped, layed off, hours cut. The least they can do is waver our renewal fees for our licenses if weren't not able to find a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Saly in Charlotte, North Carolina

72 months ago

Why do you even continue to be SNM members?? Drop them, no use of them... They are corrupted and do not care for the profession... you must be naive to think they care for the thousands of techs unemployed... I know some of those on the SNM educational board take bribes from vendors… people like them do not care for what is right or how to help out the profession!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

abc in O Fallon, Missouri

72 months ago

Saly in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Why do you even continue to be SNM members?? Drop them, no use of them... They are corrupted and do not care for the profession... you must be naive to think they care for the thousands of techs unemployed... I know some of those on the SNM educational board take bribes from vendors… people like them do not care for what is right or how to help out the profession!!!

What? We need to be in the SNM! you need to be a member so your voice can be heard. If you are just a member and do nothing, then you will have nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Deaf Ears of SNM in Escondido, California

72 months ago

abc, I think you missed the point of what Saly is making a point of. Deaf ears only hear the Snoopy "ohhwa, ohhwa, ohhwa" or they listen to what you've got to say in order to have a rebuttal and prep to your complaints. You ever heard of the old saying "Where you stand, depends on where you sit" at the table? Well, leaders of SNM don't even sit at the same table as we techs. do (and apparently our tech "Rep" doesn't sit at our table any longer either, instead has gotten cushy over there with the "CEOs"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

down and out in Oak Hill, Florida

72 months ago

Saly in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Why do you even continue to be SNM members?? Drop them, no use of them... They are corrupted and do not care for the profession... you must be naive to think they care for the thousands of techs unemployed... I know some of those on the SNM educational board take bribes from vendors… people like them do not care for what is right or how to help out the profession!!!

Saly how many nuc tech do you think are really unemployed, nationwide?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Saly in Charlotte, North Carolina

72 months ago

Hard to say, but would estimate that there are at least 2K nationwide at present, if not more. For every opening there are hundereds of aps... One hiring manager told me... that was 1 yr ago, they got 68 aps in a matter of one week for a PRN NMT opening. Most of the aps were from a radius of 100 miles. This is unreal... I had estimated prev. that every year there are at least 1K new graduates. But right now if you take all the openings nationwide, including PT & PRN, you might not even come up with 300. I am talking real openings, not adverts like what is here on this web site. Those here are... we know what... And yes, I think that SNM does NOT care for the profession or the fact that there are so many unemployed techs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.