What other jobs have you been doing in the meantime?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Mary in Morgantown, West Virginia

36 months ago

I have a BS degree in NMT, and like many of you, have not been able to find a job in this field. I recently accepted a job as a nursing assistant, which doesn't require anything more than a HS diploma. I was wondering what everyone else has been doing in the meantime and/or what other professions you all have moved to?

Something kind of off topic: One of my instructors had posted this, which made me have one of those 'wtf' moments.
"Our Nuclear Medicine Program is featured as one of the 12 Smart Majors! I am proud!!!" With a link to an article titled: '12 Smart Majors That Will Land You a Job After Graduation' (www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Pittsburgh-Magazine/September-2011/12-Smart-Majors/index.php?cparticle=3&siarticle=2#artanc).

Tell me what you think.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

mattiemjk in Chicago, Illinois

36 months ago

Articles like this really give a sense of the false propaganda going on to drum up students. Both new grads and seasoned NMT'S know the reality of the situation all to well, NO JOBS... The name of this article should be "Majors That Have NO CHANCE Of Landing A Job After Graduation (Nuclear Medicine). I agree this is a "WTF" moment' I think these programs have a lot of nerve publishing garbage like this knowing darn well there are no reasonable job prospects in Nuclear Medicine right now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

HDH in Garland, Texas

35 months ago

Hello,
Nuke tech for 10 years in Dallas; employed (knock on wood),

My wife called the NMTCB a year ago (she's a tech too, out of work,...) to see what they're going to do about any of this if anything;
they told her there isn't anything they can do, (yadda yadda) BUT,.....schools (in my area anyway) are not to mislead potential students in any way shape or form into operating under the false belief that the nuclear medicine field is just hunky dorey with respect to jobs at the moment, and anybody doing this does so at the risk of losing their schools' certification. Hope that helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Chattanooga, Tennessee

35 months ago

mattiemjk in Chicago, Illinois said: Articles like this really give a sense of the false propaganda going on to drum up students. Both new grads and seasoned NMT'S know the reality of the situation all to well, NO JOBS... The name of this article should be "Majors That Have NO CHANCE Of Landing A Job After Graduation (Nuclear Medicine). I agree this is a "WTF" moment' I think these programs have a lot of nerve publishing garbage like this knowing darn well there are no reasonable job prospects in Nuclear Medicine right now.

Has anybody thought of filing a class action lawsuit against one or more of the schools? The administrators who continue to take advantage of hard working students - to generate tuition revenue - should be held to account. How can they sleep at night?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

technolonger in San Diego, California

35 months ago

they can sleep at night, because there's a SUCKER born every minute..paying for the wages of these intructors to have a mortgage paid and have a house to live in while the suckers end up with a meaningless and useless degree. with a road to nowhere...you are a sucker if you believe the lines, "don't worry, it's bad right now now but the time u graduate it will pick up".."there's plenty of jobs, you just have to be willing to move".."there's always a need in the medical field"..i can give you more lines..but u get the point.. so DON'T become a SUCKER!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.