Any other nuc med forums?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (18)

John in Houston, Texas

73 months ago

are there any other nuc med forums beside this one?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marie Dunn in Houston, Texas

73 months ago

I don't know of any, as a matter of fact I just happened to stumble across this one. There needs to be though, the profession is in a crisis situation and it would be nice to let potential students know before they waste their time and money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

john in Houston, Texas

73 months ago

are you currently employed right now Marie?

73 months ago

john in Houston, Texas said: are you currently employed right now Marie?

No I'm not employed. I was laid-off almost 2 months ago and was looking before I got laid-off. The clinic I was working for closed. I have over 10 years of experience and am having a difficult time even finding PRN work. There are just NO jobs out there. HCC will graduate more students in Aug & Dec and I feel really bad for them. Hospitals are not paying to relocate anymore because they have plenty of out of work applicants in there own cities.

73 months ago

Marie Dunn in Houston, Texas said: No I'm not employed. I was laid-off almost 2 months ago and was looking before I got laid-off. The clinic I was working for closed. I have over 10 years of experience and am having a difficult time even finding PRN work. There are just NO jobs out there. HCC will graduate more students in Aug & Dec and I feel really bad for them. Hospitals are not paying to relocate anymore because they have plenty of out of work applicants in there own cities.

If your interested in imaging you should go to x-ray school first, then take the 1 semester of CT. There are always jobs for X-Ray techs, so you'll always have something to fall back on. CT pays about the same as nuclear and you can always do the CT part of PET/CT and become PET certified.

john in Houston, Texas

73 months ago

Sorry to hear you got laid off. However, I am going to start nuc med and do ct. I would have to wait another year to get into a rt program and that's not what I'm going to do. After I'm done, I can relocate and work though. I'm hoping something will happen. So what have you been doing since you've been out of work?

73 months ago

"After I'm done, I can relocate and work though. I'm hoping something will happen. "

Hey I can relocate too, problem is no one wants to relocate you, it cost too much money. I'm young have a B.S and 10 years of experience, just know what your getting into. There are NO jobs and 2 1/2 years is quite a comitment. I wish you luck I really do. What have I been doing since I got laid-off...looking for work, the only reason I am getting interviews is because I have friends, education and years of experience. Good Luck...

Jerome in Houston, Texas

73 months ago

john in Houston, Texas said: Sorry to hear you got laid off. However, I am going to start nuc med and do ct. I would have to wait another year to get into a rt program and that's not what I'm going to do. After I'm done, I can relocate and work though. I'm hoping something will happen. So what have you been doing since you've been out of work?

John,

Did you get selected for the next Nuc Med class at HCC?

john in Houston, Texas

73 months ago

yeah... i did.

azbah in Irvine, California

73 months ago

any body here from CA? any body has any idea how job situation in CA is?

Jerome in Houston, Texas

73 months ago

John,

Did you decide to stay in the program?

73 months ago

Well our program has a class (summer school) which we have to take but our actual smemster begins in SEP..so I dont know what to do the thing is I dont have any other choice NOW because I passed the deadline for all the other programs and applications so for now im very very confused...

john from houston in Magnolia, Texas

73 months ago

Nah, i decided to drop the program

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

john from houston in Magnolia, Texas said: Nah, i decided to drop the program

wow are you sure?do have other obtions? how long was your program BTW?

rada234 in Miami, Florida

66 months ago

Don't go to Barry University for Nuclear Medicine technology or diagnostic ultra sound because they do not have these programs. The only thing Barry University helps with borrowing money for school. After that "you are on your own". They only owe you the degree. Remember a degree can not pay the loan that was borrowed for school, but a job. After graduation, the school does not help any one to find job. "Please stop wasting money" Ask those who just graduated about either Ultra Sound or Nuclear Medicine Technology, the honest ones will tell you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

rada234 in Miami, Florida

66 months ago

There is no job in nuclear medicine. Eventhough you have one, it is not guaranteed. Employers go out of business at anytime. Remember that one goes to school for a better life, not for a worse one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

jane in Gardnerville, Nevada

65 months ago

rada234 in Miami, Florida said: There is no job in nuclear medicine. Eventhough you have one, it is not guaranteed. Employers go out of business at anytime. Remember that one goes to school for a better life, not for a worse one.

Amen counldnt have said it better myself

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

graduating soon in Pompano Beach, Florida

51 months ago

rada234 in Miami, Florida said: Don't go to Barry University for Nuclear Medicine technology or diagnostic ultra sound because they do not have these programs. The only thing Barry University helps with borrowing money for school. After that "you are on your own". They only owe you the degree. Remember a degree can not pay the loan that was borrowed for school, but a job. After graduation, the school does not help any one to find job. "Please stop wasting money" Ask those who just graduated about either Ultra Sound or Nuclear Medicine Technology, the honest ones will tell you[/QUOT

i was just wondering, did you graduate from barry? and what did get your degree in(officially, on the diploma)?
thanks

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.