Doing away with LVN?!?!?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 250 of 433)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

maryx

77 months ago

chelly240 said: Is It just me or does almost everyone from cali have something bad to say about the medical field . I dunno maybe Im trippin. I would like to know who is not overworked and under payed ??????????? Very few people I can think of. Im a cna very underworked and underpayed im pretty much fed up so I decided to take my life into my own hands . Im going step by step first I startyed out in the home health field u know u dont have to be certified to do that. Then I went to school to become a cna. 5 years now . Then I went to become a medicatiuon aid so I can get a taste of nursing school. My next step is to go to lvn school no it dosent stop there after lvn school I will bridge over to Rn because the pre-req r the same as lvn for rn so i will only have one year to go and i will be well ready for this degree. Do I feel Like you should just jump into nursing school head first no its very intense trust me ive done my homework . Unless your some wiz kid or Dougee Howser. Its just like a car u have to warm it up before you take off in it. In other dont just go to nursing school because it looks easy or fun or the money because you want last. Make sure its were your heart is and your willing to invest some time into it. Otherwise your just wasting your time.

I'm from TX....not CA....and nursing sucks! The facility that I'm soon to be leaving changed their staffing grid twice in one year. Leaving us with less staff. Some Nurse Mgrs. were threatened that "....it was productivity or their jobs!" That means fewer staff to do more than one job, regardless of compromising the safety of the unit (a psych. floor)the staff, or the patients. If you take your entitled vacation time..they take punitive action. They retaliate by scheduling you on your off days, then state that no one has a set schedule..."they have to staff according to the needs of the hospital, not your availability." Never mind if it interferes with your personal life, they don't allow it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

maryx

77 months ago

Nursing! PPPPPFFFFFFTTTT!!!!

Do anything else but! Hell, become a stripper!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

maryx

77 months ago

Don't worry too much about LVNs getting phased out....
many facilities would rather pay LVN wages vs. RN wages to staff....it's cheaper for them....plus there's many things that an RN would prefer an LVN to do rather than do it themselves.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

maryx

77 months ago

I agree with you chelly!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Deedee in Downey, California

77 months ago

You have to remember it is not the facilities that are restricting the scope of practive for the LVN is it the state themselves. CA is getting worse because of the state mandated nurse/patient ratio law that was passed to make the patients safe. Hospitals have to use more RN's because of the mandate not because they want to screw the LVN. If you enjoy working in a hospital setting then go back to school for your RN. If you are content with working in another type of facility that utilizes LVN's then work there but don't *itch about hospitals because it will not change. It will only get worse for the LVN in the hospital setting and all those other facilities will be right behind once they pass their nurse/patient ratio law it is just a matter of time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

charly39 in College Station, Texas

77 months ago

As an LVN in Texas for 9 years, I've been able to find work in and out of hospitals. I currently work for a hospital in the e.r. & I'm paid well for working only 3 nights a week. I work for my hospital's internal agency and have the opportunity to work on many different floors from med/surg, ortho, e.r., pediatrics, post partum, nursery, etc... The rumor about LVN's being phased out has been around for years and I've not seen it happen yet..possibly due to the nursing shortage. I've nursed in TX & California. I did notice that CA treats their LVN's as glorified CNA's due to the limitations on their scope of practice. I did not like nursing in CA at all & CA is such an RN driven state. Did you know that CA will allow a CNA to challenge the Boards for LVN, but will not allow an LVN to challenge the RN Boards! Go figure?!? See how bass-ackwards that is? So much for CA. The RN's there were surprised at the things I could do in Texas that I was not allowed to do in CA (i.e. hang iv antibiotics, give IV push meds, etc). If this rumor were ever to come true, CA would be the first state to phase out it's lvn's. However, I am noticing that more hospitals in the larger cities in TX are using more RN's. I'm preparing to start a bridge program to become an RN, but ONLY for the increase in salary!

77 months ago

Ariel in Irvine, California said: Would you please tell me how to get from LVN to RN in 8 months in CA. I am curious.

Ariel

When I lived in CA there were some colleges that offered a FAST TRACK program, but only after speaking with a counselor. I think the reasoning is because some of the compact states may not accept your license in their state...i.e. As an lvn in TX, when I moved to CA, I had to submit my school transcripts to make sure that I had all the course work required by CA & that was only part of the application process for my CA licensure.

77 months ago

leigh in Eureka, California said: I just found out that all the RNS at my hospltal got an across the board raise and the lvns got nothing because we do not plan to hire any more lvns. I work medsurg and I work just as hard or harder that most of the rns. What can we do?

When I worked in northern California, I was hounded by union workers. I think it's called SICU or something like that....my hospital actually had to vote on LVN's & other non-RN's to form a union. Something I wasn't familiar with because coming from TX, we don't have unions. It was sort of a win/lose situation. The workers voted for & won the vote to form a union...& the union did get us a 7% pay raise, but 4% of that went to pay for union dues...so be careful of what you ask for. Not sure why so many RN's got so upset & threatened to leave the hospital over the union for non-RN's when the RN's had their own union. In CA the RN's are treated like an elite group of nurses! We even had a doctor who insisted that the RN's wear navy blue scrubs so he could tell the difference between the RN & LVN's.

77 months ago

genghis-jon in Mountain View, California said: Let's get back to the LVN forum please.If you want to be an RN,then go to that forum.LVN's are being screwed over and we all know it.NO,YOU WILL NEVER BE "GRANDFATHERED" INTO ANYTHING.As an LVN you are treated like the enlisted are by the officers in the military,to be used and cast aside.Maybe if you cry to Obama he can make a CHANGE,As far as Texas goes,you are history in the hospitals so get used to it.

Not sure what you meant about Texas. I've been a nurse in Texas for almost 10 years and all but 1 yr has been spent working in hospitals in various areas! Texas treats it's LVN's FAR BETTER than CA! Glad I left CA (nursed there in 2 hospitals for 4 years!)

Carolyn in San Diego, California

77 months ago

I am to old at 56!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rhod in Redlands, California

77 months ago

Carolyn in San Diego, California said: I am to old at 56!

Huh? Was that an answer to someone or did you just throw that out? By the way, I am young at 51.

Dave 5000 in Banning, California

76 months ago

im 58, male and just passed LVN boards in ca. waiting for license. I'm not old.

Deedee in Norwalk, California

76 months ago

Cheers to you. I hate it when people use the excuse that they are too old to do something new. Good luck on your boards and keep going!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

waiting4nclexresults in Santa Rosa, California

76 months ago

Dave 5000 in Banning, California said: im 58, male and just passed LVN boards in ca. waiting for license. I'm not old.

Dave, You Concorde stud! Is it possible to drive your letter to Sacramento, pay twenty bucks and get your liscence instead of waiting another month? PLEASE ANSWER!!!

waiting4nclexresults in Santa Rosa, California

76 months ago

Dave, I forgot to ask you how long it took to get your results letter.

Dave 5000 in Banning, California

76 months ago

3 weeks

goodtimes in Santa Rosa, California

76 months ago

Deedee in Norwalk, California said: Cheers to you. I hate it when people use the excuse that they are too old to do something new. Good luck on your boards and keep going!

I hear you Deede, The fact that I am getting older is more of a reason to DO something new. The older I get, the more I realize how short life is and the more I get out and do the things I have thought about doing. If I am not going to do it now, then when, because I may not get another chance. For example; I am going to be sitting in a rocking chair someday either having that degree or not having that degree. Either way I am going to be sitting in that rocking chair so I may as well get it.

I didn't realy get it until I became an "old guy".

goodtimes in Santa Rosa, California

76 months ago

waiting4nclexresults in Santa Rosa, California said: Dave, I forgot to ask you how long it took to get your results letter.

Thanks Dave!

Therese

76 months ago

Bravo to you! I like the way of your thought process in facing this life. We have many excuses on earth that we can use for our adversity in any form, but we also have good healthy choices as well. Glad in this tough life we still have a person who choice to take a wise and healthy route in conquers this life. Best of luck for you!

Krystalm in Atwater, California

76 months ago

All you guys who have been blogging have serious issues, and those of you that are "in another state other than California" shut up, we have serious issues with how our LVNS are treated, RN's act so darned superior, its funny though, as a Nurse Consultant and yes I am an LVN, i was teaching and training some of the slowest RN's i have ever seen. I dont know how they even passed the boards, its ridiculous to see how just because they have RN after thier name, they are the most abusive and most crase people in healthcare I have ever come across. And I have my theories, Im sure they are in healthcare just because of the MONEY not because the ACTUALLY care, unlike the LVN's who work harder, make less money and take all the BS from the RN's. I am moving out of state to Oregon, just because LVN's meet a brick wall when it comes to trying to transition to RN status, LVN's in other states get treated sooo much better. so ITs no wonder California has such a shortage of nurses. Its the RN legislatiion that has put us in this predicament. Im waiting for the day when the RN has to go back to changing dirty diapers and giving bed baths. Good luck to you stupid RN's and my advice to the LVN's in california is to form a group that is willing to fight for your rights at the State Capitol, even then you may get turned away. Glorified CNA's whoever came up with that phrase, you need to be taught a big lesson.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Deedee in Whittier, California

76 months ago

As an LVN for many years it saddens me that you are so "tainted" about RN's. I too work with some great ones but then I work with some that I wonder as well, "how in the heck did they get their RN". Yes, the CA legislation is working hard to decrease the status of the LVN but it is not only here. Each state will eventually adopt the patient/ratio policies and then the LVN will be obsolete in the hospital setting. I know this has always been a threat for many years but in my experience this is the worse it has ever been. If you are satisfied that your LVN career is stable then good for you and keep at it but for those who desire more and want to advance then becoming one of those great RN's who helps everyone and understands those that don't feel appreciated may be the way to go. What better way to prove to those that think an LVN can't make more of themselves by being a better RN than those out there who don't care about the field? Good luck to you in Oregon but be prepared because the future is coming.

jake in Trinity, North Carolina

76 months ago

tish in Torrance, California said: What private school are you in that offers the LVN-RN program. I am looking for one to reduce the wait list. The only one I know of in the area is Westcoast. It costs $64,000. Is this the one you are in?

$64000. for lpn/lvn training is OBSCENELY HIGH!!. im attending school in N.J. ( an expensive state), aND it will cost me a total of 24000.-- you may be getting screwed...

76 months ago

I am currently attending WCU in Anaheim. It is worth the cost. Think of it this way, the wait time looking for a regular program and the money you are losing by not advancing your career is well worth it, at least to me. The longer you wait the more costs will go up. I am not paying that price. If you have some of your general education with in the last 5 years then they deduct from your tuition and give you credit for it. You can find ways to decrease it as well by applying for financial aid and buying books from students and not the bookstore. You can find a way. Good luck.

jake in Trinity, North Carolina

76 months ago

Theresa said: are nurses randomly drug tested???
Im very interested in becoming one but also enjoy smoking..... on my days off.

Reply - View Comments anxious in Macomb, Michigan

... smoking what ...crack?? pcp?.. are you a complete retard???

76 months ago

If you apply to a nursing program many if not all these days require you to do drug testing. Most jobs require it as well and can randomly ask for a drug test under their no drug policies. Maybe it is a good time to stop smoking whatever it is you smoke. The longer you have done it the longer it will be in your system so you may have to wait a while to test. If you are going to be a nurse you are going to be setting an example for others.

KrystalM in Atwater, California

76 months ago

Im already a nurse, dont you think I know that, your just being so catty. Do me a favor keep those comments about drug use to yourself, its obvious to see that your an abuser.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

proud LVN 2 RN in Torrance, California

76 months ago

i totally disagree with Shirl...

i think if you can, be a CNA to get the experience for a couple of months/yrs... move up from there to LVN then to RN. i see it all the time... the new RN grads are usually running around like chickens w/their heads cut off; it's alot of stress for them as it is "new". majority of the time... NEW nurses (no nrsg background) have no BASIC nursing skills... and THAT you will get from being a CNA/LVN first!

LVNs can do just about as much as RNs on my floor (w/the exception of hanging IVPB and taking telephone orders from doctors)! Depends what hospital you work at also..i work @ a County hospital... BEST experience you can get!

Dont ever think you'll be STUCK as an LVN, because their are MANY opportunities for an LVN out there besides bedside nursing... research coordinators, drug reps, outpatient clinics, etc!
depends where you live also... i'm guessing!

And remember dont ever limit yourself... learn as much as you can at whatever level you're at... and be proud of whatever level you're at b/c whatever it may be CNA/LVN/RN... it's still nursing (whether pay is good or not.. *wink*)!

Shirl said: I believe that all young people not previously subjected to the medical field or exposure to that environment, should try the RN field. An RN has several options, whereas LVN has it's limits as far as jobs go. If you find you do not have the stomach or desire for being an LVN, then you're stuck.
As a RN, if you do not like the field, you have other options. Hospitals, Nursing homes, immediate care helicoptors, or you can go into research, which is a whole new field just opening up that really pays well. For this field, pay close attention in your Microbiology class!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Deedee in Pico Rivera, California

75 months ago

It is getting worse out there in California hospitals. LVN's are being phased out at my work place. They are slowly getting rid of us by placing us on-call but never calling us in or we are first to be cancelled. Anyone else having similar problems at their facility? I want to stay in the hospital but it is becoming more difficult. I am glad I am in school. It is only going to get worse.

Ashley in Wallingford, Connecticut

75 months ago

Melanie in Fremont, California said: Hi Melanie,

It must be a CA thing. One of our major health care organizations (Kaiser) has eliminated all LVN's from the hospital. I know this is true for Northern CA, not sure about other areas? It is scary and I feel very unfair! The LVN's do a lot and I still can't understand why they would do this?

Hi Melanie, I have a question. I'm new to this website but I'm 24 and I live in Connecticut. I will be finishing an LPN program in June. I am moving to San Francisco shortly after and I plan on taking my NCLEX out there. Is this a good idea? Where can I find a job? and What can I do in the mean time to start net working and reaching out to potential employers. I am nervous that I will get out to CA and not find a job and just be searching. Anything you can tell me I will be so greatful to hear. -Ashley in CT

Deedee in Norwalk, California

75 months ago

Not that I want to discourage you but it can be difficult for an LVN to find work in CA especially in a hospital setting. It is easier if you want to do homehealth, SNF or a rehab center. Many do registry and though they work at hospitals they find it difficult to get hired as a regular. Many hospitals are one again getting rid of their LVN's. Kaiser is one major example. They sent most if not all their LVN's to their clinics and are now "encouraging" them to get their RN's. I work in a hospital and though I am full time I average only 2-3 days of work out of 6. I have been an LVN for a long time and this is the worse it has been for us. If you plan on staying in the nursing field continue your education. Good luck.

cullentlc in San Antonio, Texas

75 months ago

I keep hearing how hard it is to find work in CA. No problem here in TX... What's the problem there?

75 months ago

It is because of the legislation that was passed in CA in regards to patient ratio. All pushed by the RN board. It is happening in NY hospitals and many other states as well. It may come to your state so be prepared.

XXX in Newark, New Jersey

75 months ago

i keep hearing about lpn/lvn being phased out of hospital work-- any other states seeing/ experiencing this?amybody hearing anything about the future of lpn- lvns? just curious-- thanks

75 months ago

I have been the victim of a layoff because an RN wanted my spot. And the California State Budget hasnt helped the LVNS either, I am very excited to see what Obama means by Healthcare Reform, I think it may generate more healthcare jobs, or at least make it easier for LVN's to transition into RN's, Californias biggest problem is that there are NOT ENOUGH educators for healthcare careers, they pump out CNA's and LVN's, but getting into the RN program is a nightmare anywhere, the waiting lists are almost 5 years long, and that puts my pre-reqs to dust!!!! Any LVN in California needs to write thier congressman or senator. Senator Denham to be exact. Forget about Arnold he is just a front man. We as LVN's need to FIGHT BACK against the RN's, they cant hold us back forever, and we have been letting them do so for YEARS. Anyone with me on this? let me know, email me please at morales1861@comcast.net, lets get this going NOW!!! before its too late.

ian in Victorville, California

75 months ago

hi just move here in california aout 2 months ago and just got my reciprocity after 7 months of waiting. Anyway i have been trying to look for a job as an lvn and it's been really tough adding to it that i have no experience whatsoever as an lvn the only experience i have had was that during my nursing school. HELP! any ideas in the LA area or san fernando valley area that will hire someone like me.Have no choice but to be in california since my husband(military) is stationed here.I can use any help or suggestioons coming from you. Thanks

Deedee in Santa Fe Springs, California

75 months ago

Your best bet would be a SNF, Rehab center or a nursing registry. These may help you get the experience you need. It is very difficult here in CA for LVN's to work in an acute hospital setting. I am one of the lucky ones but only because I have been at my hospital for a long time. They do not hire LVN's anymore. Good luck in your search.

rjc729 in small town, Texas

75 months ago

It is beginning to affect the small town hospitals in TX. I just graduated last May from the LVN program. I am working on the rest of my pre-reqs and hoping to go into the RN program June 1, so I am not working right now. Several of my classmates are employed at our area hospital here in TX, and have said that they are no longer hiring LVN's for any area but Med/Surg, regardless of experience. They will lose their jobs as well, if they are not working toward getting their RN. A year ago, this was not an issue.

XXX in Newark, New Jersey

75 months ago

from what i hear, still plenty lpn jobs in nursing homes, home health care, etc. does that sound right , any feedback

ashley in West Orange, New Jersey

75 months ago

ian in Victorville, California said: hi just move here in california aout 2 months ago and just got my reciprocity after 7 months of waiting. Anyway i have been trying to look for a job as an lvn and it's been really tough adding to it that i have no experience whatsoever as an lvn the only experience i have had was that during my nursing school. HELP! any ideas in the LA area or san fernando valley area that will hire someone like me.Have no choice but to be in california since my husband(military) is stationed here.I can use any help or suggestioons coming from you. Thanks

how come you didn't just take your NCLEX in san francisco? that way not to wait 7 months for reciprocity

75 months ago

Where are these jobs, been unemployed since january of this year, was an LVN for 5 years with tons of experience, im sorry to say, for every one job here in California 150 people are applying for those same jobs, and the demand is shrinking every day. I plan on moving out of state here very soon if things dont improve.

Shirl

75 months ago

For those looking for jobs, Texas is hiring almost everywhere for LVN's. I was applying at a nursing home for a CNA position and an LVN came in job hunting. They treated her like a princess. Told her not to leave after filling out her application without talking to the Director of Nursing. Here, facilities are the ones on the waiting list for LVN's. I do not know how long reciprosity takes, but it might be well worth it to you to move......

Priya in Waterbury, Connecticut

74 months ago

Hi,
I am planning to study for Nursing( LPN or RN ) or Ultrasound and living in CT. Can any one suggest me that which could be better and good schools in CT ( Shelton, New Haven area ) .
Thanks.

Robinkn2rob@ aol.com in Modesto, California

74 months ago

Melanie in Fremont, California said: Here in Northern CA, Kaiser Permanente has taken ALL LVN's out of the hospital. You know, they do treat LVN's like they are nothing. CNA's certainly get more respect than LVN's. I feel like we work just as hard as RN's with some exceptions on not doing some procedures. It really is a shame. I think as LVN's we need to fight back and let the public know how valuable LVN's are. We contribute a lot to the medical field and don't get paid for it. It is ridiculous. Any comments? I would love to hear from you. Mesaray@yahoo.com

I am a new grad LVN and I also work at Kaiser in N CAL.
I was a CNA working full time when I entered the LVN program. I was not allowed to keep even 20 hours a week to keep my Benifits.I had to become a on call worker in order to keep my job .I have been a LVN now since 8-2008 and have applied for over twenty inner transfers for a LVN position and have not yet been excepted for one.I have to continue to work as a cna with Kaiser and the list for needed LVN's is almost none .
I have been forced to go outside Kaiser to work as a LVN in long term care while I remain on call and continue to wait for a transfer.
l

74 months ago

Sadly, this is the future of the LVN. That is why I have chosen to bo back to school for my RN. For almost 17 yrs. I had a stable hospital position but over the last two years it has gotten worse. I am full time and I hardly get to work. With the nurse/patient ratio the RN's no matter if they are part-time or per diem they work more than I do. I finally realized that it did not do much to complain and no one was going to listen anymore so school was the only choice for me. Good luck

74 months ago

IM SERIOUS EVERYO9NE, LETS GET TOGETHER AND FIGHT, OR WERE GONNA BE DELETED FROM THE THE HEALTHCARE SYSTEM FOREVER. MOST STATES LOOK TO CALIFORNIA AS A ROLE MODEL OF HEALTHCARE STRUCTURE, WHAT ARE WE SAYING IF WE LAY DOWN AND LET THE RN'S HAVE THIER WAY. HERE IS MY EMAIL ADDRESS KRYSTAL_MORALES@COMCAST.NET

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ghenghis-jon in San Antonio, Texas

74 months ago

KrystalM in Atwater, California said: IM SERIOUS EVERYO9NE, LETS GET TOGETHER AND FIGHT, OR WERE GONNA BE DELETED FROM THE THE HEALTHCARE SYSTEM FOREVER. MOST STATES LOOK TO CALIFORNIA AS A ROLE MODEL OF HEALTHCARE STRUCTURE, WHAT ARE WE SAYING IF WE LAY DOWN AND LET THE RN'S HAVE THIER WAY. HERE IS MY EMAIL ADDRESS KRYSTAL_MORALES@COMCAST.NET

Do you think that Obama gives a crap about LVN's?The RN illuminati has been trashing LVN's forever.Look at the quartely BNE paper and see how many LVN's are crucified for things that RN's get away with daily.After 16 years as an LVN,I quit!

74 months ago

Sadly, no amount of complaining is going to make the BRN change their minds and encourage the support of the LVN/LPN. I have alwayed pushed for LVN equality and requests for challenging of the boards but all have fallen on deaf ears. I have been in the nursing field for almost 20 years and the threat of getting rid of the LVN/LPN has always been around but this is the worse I have seen it. If you want to stay with in your scope of practive then stick with it and remain an LVN/LPN. Be satisfied and content with your duties and the limitations that are set but if you want more (which I did) then go back to school and show them that you can do more and become an RN. Yes it is difficult. I must work full time nights plus take care of a husband and kids but I am making these sacrifices for our future. I don't think they will ever "get rid" of the LVN/LPN but I do believe they will continue to put limits on our scope of practice thus making it more difficult for us to advance.

mrslmartins in Upland, California

74 months ago

Deedee in Whittier, California said: Sadly, no amount of complaining is going to make the BRN change their minds and encourage the support of the LVN/LPN. I have alwayed pushed for LVN equality and requests for challenging of the boards but all have fallen on deaf ears. I have been in the nursing field for almost 20 years and the threat of getting rid of the LVN/LPN has always been around but this is the worse I have seen it. If you want to stay with in your scope of practive then stick with it and remain an LVN/LPN. Be satisfied and content with your duties and the limitations that are set but if you want more (which I did) then go back to school and show them that you can do more and become an RN. Yes it is difficult. I must work full time nights plus take care of a husband and kids but I am making these sacrifices for our future. I don't think they will ever "get rid" of the LVN/LPN but I do believe they will continue to put limits on our scope of practice thus making it more difficult for us to advance.

Deedee,

Which route are you taking to get your RN?

74 months ago

wow this is exactly why LVN's get stomped on and YES im sure that OBAMA cares once he sees the statistical data and the current healthcare structure. please dont do this get freaking mad and lets fight. one person cant make a difference but MANY can plus im going to make sure this gets alot of media attention and WE WONT GO AWAY. /t;hink about this for a sec even if you wanted to become an RN there are currently NO BRIDGE PROGRAMS and the entire education system for RN'S is a lottery system so even if you do get all your pre-reqs the waiting list for most colleges is 4+ years and your pre-reqs will expire in 5 years cant you see whats happening? come on im not gonna beg you. but please think about it. all the time and money you spent becoming an LVN! are you gonna let it go like this? im not! Im going to keep moving forward.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

I have thought about it long and hard for many years and this is what is good for me. I wanted to take the easy way and not have to go to school again. I have sent many letters to the BRN requesting that LVN/LPN's be allowed to "challenge" the RN boards but always was told no. Even though most of us have many years of experience the RN training and thinking is very different. I understand that now. You would think with the shortage of nurses and the economy the way it is they would utilize the LVN but it is going in the opposite direction and they are eliminating many LVN positions. This is happening all over the U.S. If you must, continue your fight but for me school was the better fight. I am currently in an LVN-RN bridge program and it did not take much for me to get in. There are public and private programs out there, you just have to do your research. Good luck to you.

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.