Going to R.N. from L.V.N. fast!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 312)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Bruce,L.V.N. in San Diego, California

84 months ago

I'm a L.V.N. in S.D.,CA. and I'm trying to get into a L.V.N. to R.N. program fast. I challenged the board for my license and didn't go to a formal L.V.N. school. I got trained in the U.S. Navy and only California recognizes the Navy program. Most R.N. school's want you do be a graduate of a L.V.N. school. Any suggestions!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (173) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl in Los Angeles, California

83 months ago

Have your tried Excelsior College. The navy pays for the exams (taken on base). The school is located in New York but has correspondance classes and online support. I am enrolled there. HM3 Estell

Bruce,L.V.N. in San Diego, California said: I'm a L.V.N. in S.D.,CA. and I'm trying to get into a L.V.N. to R.N. program fast. I challenged the board for my license and didn't go to a formal L.V.N. school. I got trained in the U.S. Navy and only California recognizes the Navy program. Most R.N. school's want you do be a graduate of a L.V.N. school. Any suggestions!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Quest for Service in Redmond, Washington

83 months ago

You need an LVN fast? The best way to go is online. You save time, money, and you pace yourself depending upon your own schedule. You can get a great degree from a regionally accredited school online. You can also:

- Get Credit for your LVN experience
- No Classrooms
- Local Clinicals
- No Clinical Testing
- You Can Start Today
- No Wait List
- Financial Aid Guaranteed
- Both Regionally Accredited and Accredited by the NLNAC

Get more information here: www.jobs-in-registered-nursing.com/LPN_or_RN_to_BSN.shtml

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Bruce,LVN in San Diego, California

83 months ago

Quest for Service in Redmond, Washington said: You need an LVN fast? The best way to go is online. You save time, money, and you pace yourself depending upon your own schedule. You can get a great degree from a regionally accredited school online. You can also:

- Get Credit for your LVN experience
- No Classrooms
- Local Clinicals
- No Clinical Testing
- You Can Start Today
- No Wait List
- Financial Aid Guaranteed
- Both Regionally Accredited and Accredited by the NLNAC

Get more information here: www.jobs-in-registered-nursing.com/LPN_or_RN_to_BSN.shtml

Quest for service that was some very valuable information you put on-line. Alot of people will benefit from that info, especially me. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

I heard and read that some states don't accept Excelsior College credits or classes. I think its great the military will pay for classes, but make sure you research it more.

For instance, you can't sit for your nursing license in California if you graduated from Excelsior College after a certain date.

This is how I look at it.

- Find a regionally accredited college or university
- Find a nursing program that is accredited by the NLNAC (you can't site for your license unless it is),
- Attend a NOT-FOR-PROFIT university.

Classes and degrees from places like U of Phoenix aren't always accepted by traditional non-profit universities. Even though Phoenix is accredited, all of their classes are not approved by the ACA (I think the approval body is called ACA)

I just think it is really confusing out there, especially for a profession like nursing where you have to be licensed by the state you work in and you have to pass so many different levels of approval.

Also, If you ever want to take your degree to the next level, you don't want any surprises. Imagine having a BSN and you want a Master's in 10 years and you find out half your classes don't transfer because you went to school that wasn't fully accredited.

It's your career, you life, don't mess with a sub-standard education. I don't know a lot of specifics about Excelsior College except I've seen it mentioned a few times and that there were some problems with it.

HERE's something Good, though:

Did you know that 2,400 colleges accept a CLEP exam and give you college credit when you pass it? The test is only $60.

I mean if you have a few classes that you need to take to complete you AA or that you need to get into a BSN program, you MIGHT be able to test out of them.

The tests are $60!! It is worth a look.

Here's a web site about it: www.cleptestingguide.com/index.shtml

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Bruce,

Thanks for nice comment. I don't know where you are in your education, but there's another school, on that same site that was reviewed, and it looks good to me. I've come to learn that the only schools that are good, especially for nursing include the following criteria:

- Fully accredited
- NLNAC approved
- NOT-FOR-PROFIT, traditional school
- Accept CLEP tests for college credits (for undergraduate, general ed classes)

Here's the write up: www.jobs-in-registered-nursing.com/jacksonville-university-rn-to-bsn.shtml

Also, if you have any gaps in your school transcripts for your general ed classes, you can test out of them for $60. You can study online, take the course and over 2,400 colleges in the U.S. accept the tests and give you college credit for the courses. But check with your admissions office to make sure that the tests you are thinking of takine will be accepted by the colleges. While 2,400 colleges accept CLEP tests, not all the tests themselves are accepted. Your admissions office can make it real simple, they all about it.

Hope this helps, and good luck out there. Nursing is a great profession. And there's lots of opportunity out there, AND you get to help people!!!!

Best,

Q.

Bruce,LVN in San Diego, California said: Quest for service that was some very valuable information you put on-line. Alot of people will benefit from that info, especially me. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Thanks for the speedy reply, I will look into it more later on. We must keep in contact, I would like to talk to you about my situation. Maybe you might be able to help me plot a course of action. Do you have an e-mail address I can contact you at?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cherrelyn Higgins in Palmdale, California

83 months ago

Sure, I can be reached at (626) 399-6777 cell or estell@usc.edu

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Thanks Cherrelyn,
I will call you in a few days or e-mail you soon. Have a great day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cherry in Houston, Texas

80 months ago

Bruce,L.V.N. in San Diego, California said: I'm a L.V.N. in S.D.,CA. and I'm trying to get into a L.V.N. to R.N. program fast. I challenged the board for my license and didn't go to a formal L.V.N. school. I got trained in the U.S. Navy and only California recognizes the Navy program. Most R.N. school's want you do be a graduate of a L.V.N. school. Any suggestions!

Excelsior isn't accepted in some states, true, but it is in many, such as Texas where i'm from. You could try to NCLEX in TX, and do compact licensure which could possibly include Cali. You will have to check this out on your own. Or you could NCLEX in any other state that does take Excelsior, get licensed, and then just apply with Cali to carry over your license. These states always honor each other's licensing, because it is no longer a school issue at that point. I'm a LVN going through Excelsior as we speak. I'm almost finished now. I only started 4 months ago. This way might take you a couple extra steps, but it certainly will be quicker if you are dedicated. Contact the College Network, tell them your issue, and let them help you like they did me. Girl, there is always a way to get around these road blocks. Take it from me: where there's a will........ Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bruce,L.V.N. in Escondido, California

80 months ago

Thanks for the info!

Dee in San Diego, California

80 months ago

I was wondering if you graduated from Excelsior College and then took your boards for another state such as New York. Could you work in Federal Facilities such as V.A hospitals and Prisons in California until you get the 24 months of experience that California state is requiring you have before you can even apply to there state. If you have any information please let me know!

Thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Bruce,LVN in Escondido, California

80 months ago

I believe State and Federal work on licences from other states. I know the Federal does, but not quite sure about the State. You can always call the C.D.C. for that information. The way they advertise on T.V. about how short they are with nurses, I don't see way they wouldn't accept your license. I hope this is helpful to you. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MP in Houston, Texas

79 months ago

I would like to hear from any graduate of Excesior in the State of Texas who has sit for the exam after graduation, passed it and is now working in Texas. I would also like to hear from anyone completed the program and hear comments on the training and competency of the instruction at the school.

Fernandez in Pearland, Texas

79 months ago

Bruce, first off its great to hear that you took advantage of your time in the navy! I was in 29 palms 8404 and i just got out and recieved my lic from ca but now im back in texas and they won't endorse my lic so im kinda of stuck as a PCT with a ca LVN lic. I wanted to go back to san diego to work and enroll into an lvn to rn program too, but sorry to hear about your situation, i guess i wont start packing yet... if you come across any good info or solid game plan please let me know

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Your best bet would be to apply at the VA and military bases in your area. The fed's accept CA licenses, unfortunely that will be the only place you can work in Texas until Cali signs up for the Nurse Compact Act. Then you can transfer your license to Texas if Texas is signed up for the Nurses Compact Act. I hope this will help. Good Luck!

Tom in Camp Pendleton, California

79 months ago

Bruce, Im in the same boat as you. I will be challenging the LVN exam anytime soon. Any suggestions on which book to study? I am also an advance lab technician.

thanks..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

When I challenged the test I used the Lippencott Book and I used index cards to write definitons and formula's to remember. When I couldn't take the book, I carried my index cards with me to review. Punch holes in the index cards and get a ring to carry, I beleive it help me pass the test. I hope the info will help you pass the test. Good Luck!

ScottinLV in Las Vegas, Nevada

79 months ago

After 13 years as an LVN/LPN, I just finished the Excelsior ADN in June and received my RN license in Nevada last week. It's not a bad way to go as long as you can focus on one test at a time and plow through.

I actually did two semesters at an LPN to RN to bridge program at a local junior college where we did such illuminating tasks as making big collage posters as a community health project. It was a complete waste of time. My LVN program in CA was far better, and, frankly, so was Excelsior.

Employers need the license. Most don't have the luxury to pick and choose on the basis of which college you attended. Then once you're in the field for a while, it just doesn't matter much.

To do the transition quickly, Excelsior is the way to go. Just check with your state board of nursing before you start in order to make sure you'll be ok with it. I'd especially recommend it for male LVN/LPN's and paramedics. Nursing school is notorious for not being particularly male tolerant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

julie in San Luis Obispo, California

79 months ago

hello, just wanted some advice re: lvn to rn programs. i have reviewed several websites and am a bit confused as to how to effectively go about doing the lvn to rn program. can it be done solely online (with the exception of the final clincals), is it excepted in california, approx. cost etc. each website seems to only give partial information and frankly i don't want to fill out a dozen website forms only to have ALL of them calling me and pushing something on me that i am not fully understanding. i am a mom of 4 kids so there isn't a lot of money or time..:) anyway, i would appreciate anyones opinion! thanks! julie

Jeff in Bothell, Washington

79 months ago

HOLD on, someone wrote "Excelsior is the way to go." I see that you are in California. In that case Excelsior would not be the way to go. The State of CA does not recognize a degree from that institution. You could go that route, but as a mother of 4, you don't need the extra hassle.

Here's a great site that has rated and reviewed many of the LPN / LVN to RN or BSN programs: www.my-nursing-career.com/nursing-degrees/lpn-to-bsn-nursing-degree-programs.html.

They also have the breakdown for RN to BSN: www.my-nursing-career.com/nursing-degrees/rn-to-bsn-nursing-degree-programs.html

And, Career Profiles, Salary, and Jobs for the following:

* Forensic Nurse
* Legal Nurse Consulting
* Occupational Health Nursing
* Pediatric Nurse
* Psysiatric / Mental Health
* Public Health Nurse
* Home Health Nurse
* Medical Surgical Nurse
* Nursing Midwifery

I'd have to say given your situation that online might be the way to go. It save you a lot of time. Just going to and coming from and parking and walking to class takes as much time as the class itself.

Jeff in Bothell, Washington

79 months ago

You can get your LVN to RN or BSN from some top online schools.

Yes. You can do it all online. You have to take clinicals locally. But you don't have clinical testing from many online schools.

I'd go to a not-for-profit school. The programs are better, generally. The degrees are better respected.

MAKE sure you go to an accredited institution. Otherwise employers, states, and other colleges (in case you want to go back to school) won't accept your degree, and you may have a very, very hard time transferring your credits.

You want a regionally accredited school. Regional accreditation is the highest form of accreditation. You also want a respected nursing accreditation like the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission.

And, did you know you can get credit for your LVN experience? Make sure you get that as well.

Finally, you can test out of many undergrad requirements through CLEP testing. Study for and take $60 test and you can save yourself the time and effort of an entire semester. AND, over 2,400 colleges accept CLEP tests. Some info about CLEP testing: www.cleptestingguide.com/index.shtml

In depth reviews of LPN or LVN to BSN degrees: www.my-nursing-career.com/nursing-degrees/lpn-to-bsn-nursing-degree-programs.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cherrelyn LVN in Palmdale, California

79 months ago

Indiana State has teamed up with College Network and they seem to offer the best program I've seen so far. I am finishing up Excelsior college now but I wish Indiana State (LVN to Rn) was availabe long ago.

hope that helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cherrelyn LVN in Palmdale, California

79 months ago

Jeff in Bothell, Washington said: HOLD on, someone wrote "Excelsior is the way to go." I see that you are in California. In that case Excelsior would not be the way to go. The State of CA does not recognize a degree from that institution. You could go that route, but as a mother of 4, you don't need the extra hassle.

Here's a great site that has rated and reviewed many of the LPN / LVN to RN or BSN programs: www.my-nursing-career.com/nursing-degrees/lpn-to-bsn-nursing-degree-programs.html.

They also have the breakdown for RN to BSN: www.my-nursing-career.com/nursing-degrees/rn-to-bsn-nursing-degree-programs.html

And, Career Profiles, Salary, and Jobs for the following:

* Forensic Nurse
* Legal Nurse Consulting
* Occupational Health Nursing
* Pediatric Nurse
* Psysiatric / Mental Health
* Public Health Nurse
* Home Health Nurse
* Medical Surgical Nurse
* Nursing Midwifery

I'd have to say given your situation that online might be the way to go. It save you a lot of time. Just going to and coming from and parking and walking to class takes as much time as the class itself.

God bless you Jeff, you are so right... Excelsior is not a good option for us California folks...

julie in San Luis Obispo, California

79 months ago

thanks for all your great advice on this. this helps me so much to make a few decisions! God bless! julie harris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Aisling in Sacramento, California

79 months ago

Yes I have to agree, Indianna State is te way to go, I am currently an LVN realizing that with as much work as I do as a nurse, it is well worth it to spend a little extra time and money to get paid for what I am worth. Indianna state did sign with College network and I love it, i can sit at home with a glass of wine and study quickly or slowly... completely up to me! If you have any questions patchais316@yahoo.com, oh and they are totally accredited by the California Board of Rns so....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marjorie in San Francisco, California

78 months ago

Anyone is enrolled in the Indiana State University LVN to RN program? How is the program and how is the test. I recently noticed their test fee increased, and I wonder if this program is worth my time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Bothell, Washington

77 months ago

There is great information about the Indiana program here: www.my-nursing-career.com/nursing-degrees/lpn-to-bsn-nursing-degree-programs.html

For both LVN and LPN to RN or BSN

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

kat in Oxnard, California

77 months ago

I am currently enrolled in the lvn to bsn program of the college network. Is there anybody out there in the same program who is already in the ISU nursing phase? how are the clep, dantes and excelsior exams? I work 5 days/40 hours a week so I enrolled in The College Network. I would realy appreciate any reply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anna in Covina California

77 months ago

yeah hello out there.i'm also an lvn.i enrolled in the lvn to bsn program through collage network.it's over 6months now and i haven't even taken one test.i do work 5days/week.can somebody who is already in there advice us on how to best go about and how the tests look like
thanx alot

nursie in San Diego, California

77 months ago

The RN board of California does not acknowledge or accept excelsior college.

Cheryl in Los Angeles, California said: Have your tried Excelsior College. The navy pays for the exams (taken on base). The school is located in New York but has correspondance classes and online support. I am enrolled there. HM3 Estell

77 months ago

Since your in the Navy you would be able to complete the Excelsior program. You would have to sit for licensure in Arizona or Nevada. But that is not big deal because you do not have to go there you can sit here but you will be licensed there. California will not allow you to sit for your licensure here. But you could work on any military base and any V.A Medical center with any out of state active license. So if you content with working for the V.A or working at a local military base medical center your in good standing. Understanding that if you attempt to seek work in the civilian community you will not have any success because you will not have a California state active license. You can will not have any problem getting work at the VA because of you military experience. After 24 months of employment the California Board of Registered Nurses will review you application for licensure but you must have 24 months of active employment as a Registered Nurse prior to even apply for review and consideration.

Good Luck and Happy Holidays!!
Dee

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

You just need to look in other cities for other RN programs. San Diego, Ca has many applicants so there for they can be very choosey. Check out Arizona or Nevada. Otherwise I’d suggest Excelsior College. But you will only be allowed to work on Base or in the V.A……

DocAce in Las Vegas, Nevada

77 months ago

ScottinLV in Las Vegas, Nevada said: After 13 years as an LVN/LPN, I just finished the Excelsior ADN in June and received my RN license in Nevada last week. It's not a bad way to go as long as you can focus on one test at a time and plow through.

I actually did two semesters at an LPN to RN to bridge program at a local junior college where we did such illuminating tasks as making big collage posters as a community health project. It was a complete waste of time. My LVN program in CA was far better, and, frankly, so was Excelsior .

Employers need the license. Most don't have the luxury to pick and choose on the basis of which college you attended. Then once you're in the field for a while, it just doesn't matter much.

To do the transition quickly, Excelsior is the way to go. Just check with your state board of nursing before you start in order to make sure you'll be ok with it. I'd especially recommend it for male LVN/LPN's and paramedics. Nursing school is notorious for not being particularly male tolerant.

I too live in LV, NV and was considering going to the Excelsior RN program. Paramedic, 8404 Corpsman, Army Combat Medic and I have an AA in Health Science. So they accepted me under the new admission requirements without issue.

I was looking for the information from the Nevada nursing board website on Excelsior and could not find anything. Can you post a link or tell me where I can find the info?

Thanks,
Doc

DocAce in Las Vegas, Nevada

77 months ago

Cherrelyn LVN in Palmdale, California said: God bless you Jeff, you are so right... Excelsior is not a good option for us California folks...

I believe EXCELSIOR has the California info clearly put on their nursing program webpage. California requires something close to 850 hours of "supervised clinical instruction" so that rules out Exclesior. However most all states take Excelsior RN education as well as ALL federal (VA Hosp and so on) and military medical facilities take Excelsior, even the facilities located in California. Ain't that a B!!

BTW: Someone mentioned that Excelsior was not a Regionally accredited college/University, sorry it is. Actually it is a state college in the New York higher education system.

I am really thinking of going there!!

Doc

ScottinLV in Las Vegas, Nevada

77 months ago

Doc,

I received my Nevada license in September -- Excelsior is no problem for Nevada.
See if this helps: cpne.homestead.com You can e-mail me off the site if you have more questions. Good luck!

Scott

Justin in Norfolk, Virginia

77 months ago

Excelsior is accepted in all states except CA and Il. and the college is working on fixing that. Excelsior has been rated a top program by the NLN for years.

Cherry in Houston, Texas said: Excelsior isn't accepted in some states, true, but it is in many, such as Texas where i'm from. You could try to NCLEX in TX, and do compact licensure which could possibly include Cali. You will have to check this out on your own. Or you could NCLEX in any other state that does take Excelsior, get licensed, and then just apply with Cali to carry over your license. These states always honor each other's licensing, because it is no longer a school issue at that point. I'm a LVN going through Excelsior as we speak. I'm almost finished now. I only started 4 months ago. This way might take you a couple extra steps, but it certainly will be quicker if you are dedicated. Contact the College Network, tell them your issue, and let them help you like they did me. Girl, there is always a way to get around these road blocks. Take it from me: where there's a will........ Good luck!

141 in Arcadia, California

77 months ago

Hi friend. I think RN program doesn't care how do you got the license. They only requir you are currently LVN, then you can apply the RN program. I am also challenged the Board, and I am enroll into the RN program. Unfortunally, I did not pass the program. Rightnow, I am so down.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bruce, LVN in San Diego, California

77 months ago

Keep your head up! I didn't pass the test the first time I took it, but study harder the next time you take your test. You already know what's on the test, so work on the things you are weak in and dust yourself off and try again. Keep optimistic and focus on the things that needs to be done. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Thanks so much for your kind remarks. Merry Christmas!!

Renay in Dallas, Texas

76 months ago

Hello,

Can anyone provide any advice on the best school here in Dallas, TX regarding the LVN program....I am new to the medical field and will be enrolling for this program in the Spring. I just want to make sure I cover everything.

Thanks

Ramsel in Hayward, California

76 months ago

If you do get an RN degree from Excelsior and get licensed in NV, can you work there for a while and then apply for CA licensure based on reciprocity or something similar? Or does have an Excelsior RN degree bar you from working in CA indefinitely?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nikia in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

76 months ago

Anna in Covina California said: yeah hello out there.i'm also an lvn.i enrolled in the lvn to bsn program through collage network.it's over 6months now and i haven't even taken one test.i do work 5days/week.can somebody who is already in there advice us on how to best go about and how the tests look like
thanx alot

Hi I just took intro to world religions and it really focused on hinduism and buddhism. There were 103 questions and you only need 48 right to pass I am also using the college network. Anyone enrolled in Excelsior adn program with help on nursing courses? I saw that someone wrote they did all 7 in 4 months! Please email me back with any helpful info Nikki1211@comcast.net

ioana in Las Vegas, Nevada

76 months ago

Ramsel in Hayward, California said: If you do get an RN degree from Excelsior and get licensed in NV, can you work there for a while and then apply for CA licensure based on reciprocity or something similar? Or does have an Excelsior RN degree bar you from working in CA indefinitely?

Ramsel-
I moved to Las Vegas about 1 1/2 yrs ago & I'm an LPN. I'm looking into doing the LPN-RN program at Excelsior. Since I'm from CA, I called the CA State board of nursing to find out about reciprocity & they told me that they would look at my transcripts & if it doesn't meet their requirements then you would have to go back to school. CA doesn't accept ASN from Excelsior even if you get licensed in NV. If you go to CA state board of nursing website they do approve Indiana state Univ LPN-BSN.

Gaby in San Francisco, California

76 months ago

Anyone enrolled with The college network LVN to RN (BSN). I recently enrolled and did not like how the exam fees increases, when I tried to get a refund they dont allow it. I am afraid to continue I am in phase I and only need one class to go to phase II. Also if you call the other two colleges, you have to apply and wait to get in their nursing programs. Not guaranteed you will be in. Anyone has any problem with the College network ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kat in Oxnard, California

76 months ago

I had a frustrating experience with College Network. Brian Confer, Program Advisor, came to my house to discuss the program. I showed him my foreign transcript and he told me which classes were credited. He also said I won't have a problem using a transcript evaluated by another company (not WES) since I already have my record with that company which I used for the LVN program. He told me to have the transcript submitted to TCN. Of course, it was rejected. When I finally had the WES transcript sent I was told I have to submit my transcript to ISU since it's a foreign transcript. ISU never credited anything in the transcript and I was advised to either take those classes in the community college or thru TCN before I could apply and you're not guaranteed you will be accepted... very different from what the Program Advisor told me. The Program Advisor should have told me the proper procedure to avoid the cost involve. And yes, they can't refund my money. When I spoke with Brian Confer about the experience I went through he sounded irritated and gave me a very sarcastic:"Well, if that's what the center wants then you should follow it!". I am now enrolled in a community college and I was informed that I only have 5 classes to take to join the RN program. I felt so betrayed by TCN and my frustration was even bigger. I hope nobody would experience what I've gone through.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Debbie in Keller, Texas

75 months ago

I enrolled in the college network over a year ago. I started out really motivated; but, I heard from other nurses that they had problems with the clinicals. The nurses informed me that they tend to fail people so they have to go through it again. I became nervous after discussing the issue with TCN. They told me that you can't just read their manuals and take their pretests-you have to develop charts and different ways to help you retain the information so you will pass. I have been limited as an LVN/LPN in Texas to long-term care facilities and feel hesitant to risk additional fees. I am not sure how other LVNs are treated in Texas-I do know that in the Fort Worth area; jobs are limited to nursing homes and agency. The hospitals are hiring RN's and some have emphasized to LVN's they will need to get their RN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jessica from california in Burbank, California

75 months ago

hey i live in burbank, ca right now and am finishing up my level 3 LVN program. We just found out we need to move to San Francisco mid March when im ending level 3. I am trying to find out if i can transfer to another school there to finish my leadership class. Any one have advice im having no luck

Anna in Covina California in Upland, California

74 months ago

kat in Oxnard, California said: I had a frustrating experience with College Network. Brian Confer, Program Advisor, came to my house to discuss the program. I showed him my foreign transcript and he told me which classes were credited. He also said I won't have a problem using a transcript evaluated by another company (not WES) since I already have my record with that company which I used for the LVN program. He told me to have the transcript submitted to TCN. Of course, it was rejected. When I finally had the WES transcript sent I was told I have to submit my transcript to ISU since it's a foreign transcript. ISU never credited anything in the transcript and I was advised to either take those classes in the community college or thru TCN before I could apply and you're not guaranteed you will be accepted... very different from what the Program Advisor told me. The Program Advisor should have told me the proper procedure to avoid the cost involve. And yes, they can't refund my money. When I spoke with Brian Confer about the experience I went through he sounded irritated and gave me a very sarcastic:"Well, if that's what the center wants then you should follow it!". I am now enrolled in a community college and I was informed that I only have 5 classes to take to join the RN program. I felt so betrayed by TCN and my frustration was even bigger. I hope nobody would experience what I've gone through.
KAT,I,m almost in tears after reading your post.i cry for myself b/c i seem to be in thesame boat.the diff with me is i haven't taken any test yet but plan on doing that this week after 10m0mnths.the qt is;is it worth it?i've heard soo many scary stuff about this prog.the most annoying part is the money they keep taking from my account.i'm currently enrolled in a colllege b/c i deeply think that's the only way out.i'll keep you updated if i find out anything

Anna in Covina California in Upland, California

74 months ago

Gaby in San Francisco, California said: Anyone enrolled with The college network LVN to RN (BSN). I recently enrolled and did not like how the exam fees increases, when I tried to get a refund they dont allow it. I am afraid to continue I am in phase I and only need one class to go to phase II. Also if you call the other two colleges, you have to apply and wait to get in their nursing programs. Not guaranteed you will be in. Anyone has any problem with the College network ?

hey there,what do you mean by you're not guaranteed? omg!i thought they said there was no waiting list? one gt;did you do all your stage 1 courses through the college network?if so,please enlighten me on how to go about.i still haven't taken one but planning to do that next week

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.