HELP!!! LVN/Dallas

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 93)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

emr in Plano, Texas

78 months ago

I am currently enrolled at DNI and I like it. You can get your LVN in 13 months and its pretty good. Can't think of anything too negative to say about it. Let me know if you have any questions about it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sQueak in Plain_O, Texas

77 months ago

Thanx!! I took the NET today. If I pass it, I will start next month.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

LVN2b in Dallas, Texas

75 months ago

I am at DNI right now. Its not at all what I thought it would be. I am passing but it seems like they are only interested in the money. The communication network stinks and the attitudes and level of respect for humanity stinks as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

teresa c in Dallas, Texas

75 months ago

HOW MUCH DO THEY PAY THEIR LVN.....IM CURRENTLY IN LONGBEACH CA....WAS THINKING ABOUT MOVING TO DAL WHEN I FINISH SCHOOL....ALSO IS IT EASY TO GET A JOB ONCE U FINSIH AND PASS THE NCLEX EXAM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

HelloNurse in Wylie, Texas

72 months ago

LVN2b in Dallas, Texas said: I am at DNI right now. Its not at all what I thought it would be. I am passing but it seems like they are only interested in the money. The communication network nks and the attitudes and level of respect for humanity stinks as well.

I am currently am at DNI too and I would not totally disagree with the above.....BUT it is accredited and a certified nursing institution by the state.(I resarched it for myself and contacted the nursing board) This institution will require ALOT of self-teaching and self-discipline. If you have no medical experiance it will be a little tougher. Think long term and RN Bridge with an excellent program and you'll be just fine

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

starting over in Garland, Texas

72 months ago

HelloNurse in Wylie, Texas said: I am currently am at DNI too and I would not totally disagree with the above.....BUT it is accredited and a certified nursing institution by the state.(I resarched it for myself and contacted the nursing board) This institution will require ALOT of self-teaching and self-discipline. If you have no medical experiance it will be a little tougher. Think long term and RN Bridge with an excellent program and you'll be just fine

I too am considering attending DNI, and would like an opinion as to how complete their program is. I'm 42 yrs old, my kids are grown, and I'm finally able to go back to school. Right now, I'm going to Eastfield College, taking prereqs, but hate it. I just don't why I have to take english and speech at this point in my life. I know how to read and I know how to write, I just want to go to work doing something I have wanted to do my whole life. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hello Nurse in Sachse, Texas

72 months ago

I was kind of in the same situation and was getting nowhere working on prereq's. The majority of what you learn will be in your clinicals and DNI has state mandated clinical hours and a virtual lab to prepare you for on-site clinicals. No program can sit you in a class and tell you all you need to know about nursing you always will learn as you go. But DNI get you ready quick! (all of our time is valuable)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

starting over in Rowlett, Texas

72 months ago

Hello Nurse in Sachse, Texas said: I was kind of in the same situation and was getting nowhere working on prereq's. The majority of what you learn will be in your clinicals and DNI has state mandated clinical hours and a virtual lab to prepare you for on-site clinicals. No program can sit you in a class and tell you all you need to know about nursing you always will learn as you go. But DNI get you ready quick! (all of our time is valuable)

Thanks so much for the reply. New question: Do you think their program is worth the money and what kind of financial aid did you recieve?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

starting over in Rowlett, Texas

72 months ago

HelloNurse in Wylie, Texas said: I am 28 and I am getting divorced and am a single mom so I am behind the 8 ball starting over like yourself, so I understand. I did a federal student loan however, those do not pay 100% tuition. (22,000) So I got a full Pell Grant 4,000 (which i dont have to pay back) I am financing the remainder (2,000) with the school at about 120 per month 12 pmts. But after talking with other girls in class it didnt work that way for everyone so, its best to work with financial aid. I personally do not have good credit so that is why I am making payments while in class. Think of it this way 22,000 is a good investment in yourself! 22,000 is nothing compared to your future earning potential and you'll always have a job! Hope that helps!

Wow, I remember 28! (barely!!) You hang in there, girl. Looks like you're on the right track. Thanks so much for all the info, and God bless you and yours.

HelloNurse in Wylie, Texas

72 months ago

You too!!

Nore in Texas

72 months ago

I am considering a VN program with Concord Career Institute. Does anyone have comments and/ or input they might share? Thank You. Considering.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MsVN2B in Dallas, Texas

71 months ago

DNI is a good school but it has alot of fault. Lots of bad attitudes but with that being said there are a few good apples in this bunch. The administrative staff is much of the problem. I am half way done and it has been a fight but I will not give up. Dont fool yourself with the 13 month deal. It is a faced paced program. That means about 2 full test a week that you have to STUDY for. Dedication and Motivation are key in this program. DNI is good but only if you can put up with bad attitudes. One of the instructors there once told me- "Dont get mad on your money..". That meaning that I am there on my time and money and dont let someone elses rudeness saying that they are the only one who can make me a good nurse discourage me. Its not in them to make me a good nurse but to learn all I can and be a good nurse myself. Dont let anyone prophesize negativity on your future. Good Luck on your decisions with nursing school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

stephanie_davis006@yahoo.com in Garland, Texas

67 months ago

sQueak in Plain_O, Texas said: PLEASE HELP!!!
Has anyone heard about, currently enrolled @, or graduated from Dallas Nursing Institute (aka DNI or NTPCI)? Or maybe Platt College in Dallas TX? Are these reputable schools? I would like to get my LVN as soon as possible. I was enrolled @ Sanford Brown, that was a waste of time and money ( for anyone considering that dump). So, I am trying to do a little more research this time.

Thanx

Call the State Board of Nursing & they will give you the information you need

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

stephanie_davis006@yahoo.com in Garland, Texas

67 months ago

Good luck......try El Centro Or Navarro Jr. College too......check all with the Board of Nrusing in Austin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

MsVN2B in Lewisville, Texas

67 months ago

DNI is what you make of it. I would refer anyone to the program but they must know they will not baby you and you have to study. I am in my senior quarter and has really come to love my classmates and instructors. The school has made so many changes that have made my experience so much better than before. I commend them for actually listening and taking action as after all the students and their thoughts to others concerning the school keep them in business. I am happy to say that they may be starting a new LVN To RN program and I will be proud to say that I will be enrolling if the Lord says the same. Good Luck future nurses- YOU CAN DO IT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MsVN2B in Lewisville, Texas

67 months ago

stephanie_davis006@yahoo.com in Garland, Texas said: Call the State Board of Nursing & they will give you the information you need

Stephanie,

I currently attend DNI and is in my final quarter. Its a good program but be sure that you have everything as in kids and family situated before you begin. You will need alot of time to study. Its fast paced but it is doable. Good Luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nore in Carrollton, Texas

67 months ago

Also, Texas Health Resources has Concord Career Institute for VN, & RN programs. I interviewed with admissions and did a little assesment to begin with and was told the cost is @ $23,000.00+, depending on which type of scheduling I would be interested in. Also, there would be another test, which is a nursing entrance exam @2 &1/2 hrs would need to be scheduled, with a test review packet they give you.

If you want, here is a bunch of related info I was given , during my tour:

The Day course, M-F is 8-6pm, for 1 full year, Summers Included, W/ Every other weekend alternating. Evening courses I believe were part time, @6-10:00PM , (I forgot which days of the week were included.. But anyway it sounded and looked very professional, and they tell you who the companies are that they set interviews up with upon graduation.) They did say they go by referrences when asking how I was referred to them. Ex: How did I hear about them. By the way, I actually did not enroll, do the the price and time. But they work with several clinics (Care Now, THR, Parkland, VA, I believe, I saw some info while interviewing as a prospective student. So this may be an idea.
They did mention that when you decide to enroll, (initial deposite is $500.00) they do fill up fast. And upon touring the school, the classes looked large. The school is over by The Ball Park in Arlington,Tx , sharing the parking lot with Texas Health Resources Towers, at the freeway frontage road,on the North side, off I-30.About 2 miles west of HWY 360.They prepare you for skills needed to take the Licensing exam which is done , obviously at a different time, beyond finishing their program.Good Luck to you, in Plano, Tx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kat in Arlington, Texas

67 months ago

Concorde Arlington does not have an RN program, only VN. The school is not associated with THR. About 3 years ago they were saying that an LVN-RN program was in the works, I've yet to see that happen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nore in Carrollton, Texas

67 months ago

Thanks Kat for the clarification and it's interesting to me, in that THR is the one who referred me to Concord, Arlington. ...HMM! But it was for Coding at the time. I apologize if I caused any confusion about that.. The person I spoke with regarding the Nursing program, said it WAS a Nursing program, so I THOUGHT he meant RN. I'll have to look up the brochure again, to review the associations.

Kat in Bedford, Texas

67 months ago

Concorde may have a relationship with THR but they are a separate company that actually has several different campuses across the country. I did do a clinical rotation at a THR when I was a Concorde student. THR hospitals rarely even hire LVNs any more so it wouldn't make much sense for them to have a VN school. You can view a list of every approved nursing school in Texas on the BON website.

cr0711 in Carrollton, Texas

65 months ago

emr in Plano, Texas said: I am currently enrolled at DNI and I like it. You can get your LVN in 13 months and its pretty good. Can't think of anything too negative to say about it. Let me know if you have any questions about it

did you pass the test on the first time.

cr0711 in Carrollton, Texas

65 months ago

emr in Plano, Texas said: I am currently enrolled at DNI and I like it. You can get your LVN in 13 months and its pretty good. Can't think of anything too negative to say about it. Let me know if you have any questions about it

did you pass the nclex exam on the first time.

Brodyz Momma in Garland, Texas

65 months ago

I am interested in starting at Dallas Nursing Institute in August, taking the night/weekend program. I'm really interested in finding out what the course load is like, how the each of the quarters are split, how are clinicals....all the good stuff the school won't tell you. I am a Medical Assistant now trying to advance my career, and this school seems like the best fit for me. I've researched Concorde and Platt and there is NO way that I can go to any of the community colleges. I would just hate to get into this program and 6, 7 months later, I'm burned out and failing. If ANYONE can offer any advise, knowlegde, or personal experiences, I would greatly appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Catherine927 in Tacoma, Washington

64 months ago

Hi, I am an international student who want to apply LPN program at Concorde Career Institute, Portland. So do you guys know about what the different between TX and OR excepting they are different state. I mean the colleges both have LPN program, so which one has the highest number of nationwide graduates? For me, I would love to study in OR state because of no tax, and it closes to the Washington state where I am studying right now. Do you know what requirements need to be done? (I have no idea why their school website does not show any details and informations about it, unless the one gives the personal informational to them. It is no choice.)

Number of nationwide graduates does it also mean that students graduates from the school, and they can pass the exam and get the LPN license successfully, or just meaning the number of graduated students? #_#???

Thank you so much and I look forward for you guys reply!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kat in Arlington, Texas

64 months ago

Catherine927 in Tacoma, Washington said: Hi, I am an international student who want to apply LPN program at Concorde Career Institute, Portland. So do you guys know about what the different between TX and OR excepting they are different state. I mean the colleges both have LPN program, so which one has the highest number of nationwide graduates? For me, I would love to study in OR state because of no tax, and it closes to the Washington state where I am studying right now. Do you know what requirements need to be done? (I have no idea why their school website does not show any details and informations about it, unless the one gives the personal informational to them. It is no choice.)

Number of nationwide graduates does it also mean that students graduates from the school, and they can pass the exam and get the LPN license successfully, or just meaning the number of graduated students? #_#???

Thank you so much and I look forward for you guys reply!!!

The main reason why they don't list any details on the website is because they want you to come in and meet with an admissions rep. Please keep in mind that trade schools like Concorde are for profit and are ran like a business, so they will try to "sell" you. Concorde's requirements for admission are passing scores on the NET test and ability to pay tuition; there are no prerequisites needed. The Arlington TX campus now charges something like $23,000 for the 12 month LVN program. The tuition includes books, uniforms, testing fees, graduation costs, etc. I don't see any advantage of coming all the way to Texas if you are living in Washington State. Since you are in Tacoma I would recommend you check out Clover Park Technical College's LPN program. If you are searching for number of graduates and NCLEX (this nurse licensing exam) passing rates, you should check the your school's state board of nursing website. You can also ask the prospective school for their stats.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Catherine927 in Tacoma, Washington

64 months ago

Kat, thank you so much for your rely and information.

So, do you know what the NET test test about? Is it like testing the professional term about nursing, skills, dignoses, or just testing English reading/writing, or math level?

Once again, thank you very much!!!

Catherine.

24/7 CPR Training in Quinlan, Texas

60 months ago

If anyone needs to certify or re-certify their CPR / Healthcare Provider cards let us know, our classes are normally held near Baylor Hospital - Downtown Dallas...

We can do individual classes or groups...

Usually the classes can be $45 at the church, but if there is a group of at least 3 that show up the class drops to $40 per person, and we give a percentage back to the church / community for everyone who takes the course at the church...

You can visit or website at: www.angelsems.net email: cpr@angelsems.net
We are certified EMT's and American Heart Instructors

sharon

59 months ago

sQueak in Plain_O, Texas said: PLEASE HELP!!!
Has anyone heard about, currently enrolled @, or graduated from Dallas Nursing Institute (aka DNI or NTPCI)? Or maybe Platt College in Dallas TX? Are these reputable schools? I would like to get my LVN as soon as possible. I was enrolled @ Sanford Brown, that was a waste of time and money ( for anyone considering that dump). So, I am trying to do a little more research this time.

Thanx

I graduated from NTPCI 8yrs ago and I work for the government.It was a really good school when I graduated.It is an accredited school.If you go to the BNE website it has a list of accredited programs.Goodluck to you.......

NO PLATT in Irving, Texas

58 months ago

I graduated as a MA from Platt. They are not organized, staff communication is awful and some of the teachers are just useless, racist and prejudice. They lie about externships and job opportunities. You will do all the work to learn anything.

Their LVN program, full time, is about 14 months and $32,000. Yep, $32,000 and they are NO WAY worth this.

Any one know what DNI charges?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shuntae in Dallas

58 months ago

I'm a 22 year old mother of 3 trying to do the right thing and make me and my little ones proud and live a comfortable life and i'm strongly considering attending DNI any insite on the school would be great.

KAT in Arlington, Texas

58 months ago

Shuntae in Dallas said: I'm a 22 year old mother of 3 trying to do the right thing and make me and my little ones proud and live a comfortable life and i'm strongly considering attending DNI any insite on the school would be great.

Unfortunately an LVN salary isn't going to provide a super comfortable life for a family of 4. A coworker of mine graduated from there a year ago and said she did not recommend it, but that is just one person's opinion.

kim in dallas tx in dallas, Texas

58 months ago

hello i'm new to this site and i'm very thankfull of all the comments on this site. my question to you all is what is the sallie maye loan about . i'm thinking of going to dni in feb 2010. any comments will be helpful

chelly in Dallas, Texas

58 months ago

starting over in Garland, Texas said: I too am considering attending DNI, and would like an opinion as to how complete their program is. I'm 42 yrs old, my kids are grown, and I'm finally able to go back to school. Right now, I'm going to Eastfield College, taking prereqs, but hate it. I just don't why I have to take english and speech at this point in my life. I know how to read and I know how to write, I just want to go to work doing something I have wanted to do my whole life. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hi have anyone tried Concorde in arlington The net test is free and there only asking for a 45 or more to pass I passed my tests today and im so happy that i passed my net test also you girls may want to look into your local texas workforce commission and see if they will fund your tuition the program is the WIA AND THEY PAY FOR MOST OF THE COURSES AT THIS SCHOOL . I THOUGHT I WOULD MENTION THAT FOR YOU GIRLS WHO FEEL LIKE THE TUITION MAYBE TO EXPENSIVE.. EXCUSE THE TYPOS IM IN A HURRY!!!!!!!!!!!

chelly in Dallas, Texas

58 months ago

Shuntae in Dallas said: I'm a 22 year old mother of 3 trying to do the right thing and make me and my little ones proud and live a comfortable life and i'm strongly considering attending DNI any insite on the school would be great.

well shaunte im currently in the process of trying to attend concorde im a mother of three also single and i believe lvn program will be okay for you if that is what you really want starting out of course you want see a bookue of money until you gain a couple oof years of experience at least you will be relieved to know there are a lot of job opportunities so u will never be without a job. always think positive even when your circumstances say different. anyway i replied to this post because i have info if your seriouse about this program

58 months ago

hi chelly i called dallas county workforce and this lady tole me the wia was on hold. should i try tarrant county

chelly in Dallas, Texas

58 months ago

HI Yes try tarrant county and just keep checking with them because they will release money sometime next year. But it will be worth the wait . If you can try to go ahead and go through the orientation process. I'm not sure if they will let you. Just be persistant.

58 months ago

thankyou chelly if you dont mind me asking have you heard of the sallie mae loan.

chelly in Dallas, Texas

58 months ago

your very welcome , yes i have heard of the salli mae loan do you have a question about it?

myfuturizbrite@yahoo.com in Los Angeles, California

58 months ago

Hi my name is Julie, i'm thinking of attending WCUI in los angeles... has anyone attended the LVN program they offer... I need feed back. I just recently left another program @ a school very close to this one and I hated it... PLEASE HELP!

57 months ago

chelly in Dallas, Texas said: your very welcome , yes i have heard of the salli mae loan do you have a question about it?

yes at concorde id that the only loan they have to offer also do they let you keep your grant

56 months ago

can someone let me know about the loans at concorde in tx also do they let you keep your grant any info would be very helpful thanks in advance

A former prospective student in Carrollton, Texas

56 months ago

To Kim in Dallas, Tx: I tried with them around two years ago to see about a school loan. They wanted do a credit check to see if I had any old school loans/ check my status to see if I, first of all, qualify for financial aid.

They advised me of the paper work in terms of what I need to show them/and what
I am able to contribute, and they would do the numbers to figure the amount I would have to deal with in installments at a future dated appointment..(But I was personally not emotionally prepared to do the hours as I was needing to work and it was a 45 minute trip- one way-, after doing a test run amongst other things.)*** Plus they would require me to pay around $500 in admin fees/ or start up fees. Which is OK, with me. but I ust did not have the money at the time.

If I may ask you, what exactly do you mean by "do they let you "keep" your grant"? In other words are you asking on the forum, if they share with you the different types of grants and loans you qualify for? Because they informed me and I think it has to do with the timing of when you apply for financial aid. I mean they showed me the different types of aid that they work with. -It's like once you know for sure that you really plan to commit by signing the signature line- to taking an LVN course, do the financial aid,-ASAP- because the loans/ grants are available on a first come first served basis during a time cycle, of each year, I and the classes fill fast!( And by the looks of the classes while I toured the campus, the classes appeared full). I hope this helps. And I was impressed by the set up of the school- and was referred by a local hospital that I live near.
By the way that is one of the first questions they ask when interviewing prospective students; , because when i asked them why? they said you have to be referred, I did not know that. Plus they also have you take some entrance tests

kim in dallas tx in Dallas, Texas

56 months ago

thanks a former prospective student for your reply i was just wondering if the grant would go to the school or would i be able to keep the grant for myself but i spoke to a former student today and at dni in dallas the grant goes to the school.

Sarah in Irving, Texas

55 months ago

chelly in Dallas, Texas said: well shaunte im currently in the process of trying to attend concorde im a mother of three also single and i believe lvn program will be okay for you if that is what you really want starting out of course you want see a bookue of money until you gain a couple oof years of experience at least you will be relieved to know there are a lot of job opportunities so u will never be without a job. always think positive even when your circumstances say different. anyway i replied to this post because i have info if your seriouse about this program

Hi chelly,

are you in the LVN program yet?? i'm also planing to attend arlington...do you have any info?? do you know how much it cost?? i'm really worried about the tution cost..if you have any info. about LVN program pls tell me

patty in Dallas, Texas

54 months ago

what is the test like is it something i should worry about i am 40 yrs old haven't been in school a while should i be worry can you tell me about what;s going to be on the test so it wont be a suprise to me when it's in my face

Samantha in Dallas in Frisco, Texas

54 months ago

I work for a company that does the salary surveys for healthcare careers among with statistical data for patient care. We are funded by the hospital and the average pay rate (first year)no matter where you graduate as an LVN is around $14.90 and if you have been at your facility for a few years the average goes up to $19.60. This survey was done within hospitals (mainly) and long term care facilities. I hope this helps you all on your decision if you are persuing this career. Also I spoke with another associate who is in charge of writing grants for the nursing schools and she informed me that most hospitals are getting away from hiring LVN, LPN, RN and are only trying to hire those with their BSN. Just letting you and this is from more than a reliable source.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

patty in Dallas, Texas

54 months ago

thanks for the comment have you took the assessment test is it hard whats on the test i need to stiyd for

Erica in Lancaster, Texas

52 months ago

chelly in Dallas, Texas said: Hi have anyone tried Concorde in arlington The net test is free and there only asking for a 45 or more to pass I passed my tests today and im so happy that i passed my net test also you girls may want to look into your local texas workforce commission and see if they will fund your tuition the program is the WIA AND THEY PAY FOR MOST OF THE COURSES AT THIS SCHOOL . I THOUGHT I WOULD MENTION THAT FOR YOU GIRLS WHO FEEL LIKE THE TUITION MAYBE TO EXPENSIVE.. EXCUSE THE TYPOS IM IN A HURRY!!!!!!!!!!!

How can I get more information about the WIA program? There is not much online that I can find.

Erica in Lancaster, Texas

52 months ago

Erica in Lancaster, Texas said: How can I get more information about the WIA program? There is not much online that I can find.

Nevermind I found some info

blew2002@yahoo.com in Dallas, Texas

51 months ago

teresa c in Dallas, Texas said: HOW MUCH DO THEY PAY THEIR LVN.....IM CURRENTLY IN LONGBEACH CA....WAS THINKING ABOUT MOVING TO DAL WHEN I FINISH SCHOOL....ALSO IS IT EASY TO GET A JOB ONCE U FINSIH AND PASS THE NCLEX EXAM

LVN jobs aren't here either. Get your RN and then make the move.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.