LVN to BSN online!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 416)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Bruce,L.V.N. in San Diego, California

88 months ago

Rj in San Marcos, California said: Hi Bruce! Pre-motherhood I've always heard of parents juggling school, work and their families-- and I must say, I never truely appreciated their hardships until I found myself in their shoes! Anyways, this program is approved by the CA Board of Registered Nursing and is NLN approved. I will be truthful with you, however; the majority of it is home-based so you must be very disciplined and able to study without the structure of a classroom setting. The cost really depends if you have any prior coursework/college credit. I can have the Program Advisor contact you for a free evaluation-- you can find out on the spot what your tuition costs would be, and have any other questions answered that you may have. If you like, email me your contact number and the best time to reach you at lvntobsnonline@gmail.com and I'll have him contact you. Thanks and best wishes!

Thank you for responding to my request as fast as you did. I can see that you are willing to help and I really appreciate any information that you have. I will e-mail you my address, number, and the best time to reach me. I look forward from hearing from you in the near future.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Redmond, Washington

88 months ago

I found what I think is a GREAT LPN or LVN to BSN program. I think it is the only ALL online program for LPN or LVN to BSN degree

- NLNAC Accredited & Regionally Accredited, the highest form of accreditation
- Rated by Princeton Review as one of the best colleges
- Rated by US News and World Report as one of the top schools
- Non-profit school, in other words, it is a public university, unlike for profit schools like U of Phoenix
- No Classrooms
- Local Clinicals
- No Clinical Testing
- Start Anytime
- No Wait List
- Financial Aid Guaranteed
- Complete your BSN degree in 40 credit hours
- Unique opportunity to test out of your undergrad courses which makes school a lot less expensive
- Full Details: www.jobs-in-registered-nursing.com/LPN_or_RN_to_BSN.shtml

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (51) / No (35) Reply - Report abuse

Mara M

83 months ago

RJ in San Diego, California said: I am in an LVN to BSN program that I am doing from home. It works great for me because I am a single mother that works full time! I live in San Diego where the LVN to RN programs have those long waiting lists, so this program is wonderful! Email me at LVNtoBSNonline@gmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon!

where did u do your course to become and LVN and where r u now taking your LVN to BSN courses.? I am in Hawaii where the options are few with a long waiting list. So I am contemplating a move to Los Angeles, Ca. Any advice?? thank you, mara

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Syl in Lewisville, Texas

83 months ago

I just read your remarks on the lvn-bsn program you're in. What school is that and do you have to be a CA resident to enroll. Thanks for the info!

Syl.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Syl in Lewisville, Texas

83 months ago

RJ in San Diego, California said: I am in an LVN to BSN program that I am doing from home. It works great for me because I am a single mother that works full time! I live in San Diego where the LVN to RN programs have those long waiting lists, so this program is wonderful! Email me at LVNtoBSNonline@gmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon!

I just read your remarks on the lvn-bsn program you're in. What school is that and do you have to be a CA resident to enroll. Thanks for the info!

Syl.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mara M

83 months ago

what program is that? Lvn to Bsn online??? any info u can relay would be greatly appreciated

mara

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

viviana in Del Rio, Texas

83 months ago

what online school are you going to I would love to know I have been an LVN for 3 months but I am anxious to become an RN
please let me know soon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rjm0764 in San Diego

83 months ago

RJ in San Diego - Could you give me more information on what LVN to BSN program are you in? I was a Hospital Corpsman in the Navy and was able to take the LVN exam. I have been working as an LVN for the last 6 years and now want to get my RN, but I work full time and can not go to classes. And like you said, the LVN to RN programs have those long waiting lists. I would love to study at home. I would be great-full for any information you can give me. Thank you for your time.

Fran in Los Angeles, California

83 months ago

RJ Please give me the info regarding this online program? I'm a lvn with childrens and I need my RN. Thanks

rjm0764 in San Diego

83 months ago

Hello Fran in Los Angeles: I have not heard anything from RJ in San Diego - But I believe the LVN to BSN program she is taking about is from The College Network.... I have a meeting with them on Friday 11/2/2007 ... I will let you know what they have to say.... I was told on the phone that it could take 3-4 years to get your degree.

I'm also looking into Maric college, they offer a Associate of Science Degree in Nursing - But you have to go to classes with them, which might not work for you since you have children.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

judy caltabellotta in Yucca Valley, California

82 months ago

Rj in San Marcos, California said: Hi Bruce! Pre-motherhood I've always heard of parents juggling school, work and their families-- and I must say, I never truely appreciated their hardships until I found myself in their shoes! Anyways, this program is approved by the CA Board of Registered Nursing and is NLN approved. I will be truthful with you, however; the majority of it is home-based so you must be very disciplined and able to study without the structure of a classroom setting. The cost really depends if you have any prior coursework/college credit. I can have the Program Advisor contact you for a free evaluation-- you can find out on the spot what your tuition costs would be, and have any other questions answered that you may have. If you like, email me your contact number and the best time to reach you at lvntobsnonline@gmail.com and I'll have him contact you. Thanks and best wishes!

How much does this cost?
I took micro,anatome, physicology, death & dying, psycholgogy, everything except english and math.
What do you think?
Thank you for your time, hope to hear from you
Judy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rjm0764 in San Diego

82 months ago

Hi Judy
The College Network is offering an LVN to BSN program which I am taking. It's costing me about $26,000.00. It's not cheap but much cheaper than going to a University.

It would cost you less since you have taken some classes.

You can get more information by calling Louis A. Wilcove, Program Advisor at (858) 775-2748
Please let him know that Richard Muri referred you

I have been looking for a program like this for sometime and I am VERY pleased with it.

I hope this helps.... Richard

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Krista in Bothell, Washington

82 months ago

You can save Thousands even Tens-of-Thousands of dollars by testing out of your undergraduate requirements.

More than 2,900 Colleges & Universities accept the CLEP tests. Costing $60, you can get 3 to 9 Semester units for passing one $60 test.

For more information about passing the tests from CLEP graduates go here: www.cleptestingguide.com/index.shtml

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Linda in San Diego, California

80 months ago

Hi,
I have been an LVN for 5years now and have done most of my prereqs for RN. I still need micro and chem but in order to take them you have to be at least at math 45 level. I have a bit of a mental block when it comes to math. Please give me your honest opinion on the program. Is it all really online???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

I have taken micro and chemistry without math, but quit because of math and english.
Just shop around for different colleges.
Some have different requirements.
You wouldn't even use the algebra, just basic math for IV calculations.
Good luck, go for it

Judy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

juliet aniude in Chino, California

79 months ago

what school are u in and how long does it take to complete the program. also, how much does it cost? thank you for you speedy reply

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shontie in Irving, Texas

79 months ago

&&Could you please tell me what online school your attending? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

I think it's a rip off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

rjm0764 in San Diego

78 months ago

Before you call it a rip off .... I think you should do your homework.... check out their website at www.college-net.com ... I am glad I did.... This program is much cheaper then a normal Nursing program and since there is a waiting list here in San Diego to get into a Nursing program, If I study hard I can get my BSN before I could even get into a Nursing program.

THIS LVN TO BSN PROGRAM IS WORTH IT

Check it out !!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rjm0764 in San Diego

78 months ago

Hi Sherylinn

YES.... From what I understand you could complete this program in as little as 2 years... It really depends on what credits you have... Since I never took any college classes before taking the LVN exam, it will take me longer.... If you work hard, you will have your BSN in no time.

Good luck..... Richard

jhstephen in San Dimas, California

78 months ago

Has anyone completed the College Network LVN to Rn program? I am thinking about signing up for it, but I am wondering what the clinicals are like? Do they really guarantee that they can find you a local preceptor? What is the preceptorship like? Are you pretty much on your own at the clinical site or is the preceptor really there to teach and mentor?? Any input would be welcome. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

rjm0764 in San Diego

78 months ago

Hello;

My understanding is that you pick your own preceptor, as long is that nurse has a BSN... I was told that you have to get signed off on the clinicals, but you are graded on a term paper(s) that you have to write about the cliinicals.

You can get more information by calling Louis A. Wilcove, Program Advisor at (858) 775-2748

Hope this helps .... Richard

lenakelley1978 in portola valley, California

78 months ago

hi i am currently in Bay Area, a single mom going for my LVN, still looking for a school here in Bay Area, wanted to get LVN here and then go back to San Diego and enter SDSU for RN. What do you think about it? It sounded to me like already have it figured out.
Sincerely,
Lena

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rjm0764 in San Diego

78 months ago

Hello Lena

Well, it's really up to you.... I know there is a waiting list here to get into a nursing program.... If you have the time to go back to school, then go for it... I do not have the time and there for went with the LVN-BSN program offered by the College Network. And it's cheaper then any of the nursing programs here in San Diego, at least for me it is.

You can get more information by calling Louis A. Wilcove, Program Advisor at (858) 775-2748 He's the San Diego Advisor.

Good Luck and I hope this helps..... Richard

Lucy Salinas in Houston, Texas

77 months ago

It sounds great, but be honest what's the catch?

Alicia in Riverside, California

77 months ago

RJ in San Diego, California said: I am in an LVN to BSN program that I am doing from home. It works great for me because I am a single mother that works full time! I live in San Diego where the LVN to RN programs have those long waiting lists, so this program is wonderful! Email me at LVNtoBSNonline@gmail.com. Hope to hear fro

Hello, My name is Alicia and I live out in the antelope valley. 30 miles from the San Fernando Valley. I have been an LVN for 7 years! As most of us climb that sinority ladder, you kind of put your schooling on the back burner. I am really interested in the LVN to BSN program. Please send me information I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

rjm0764 in San Diego

77 months ago

Hello Alicia

I too put my schooling on the back burner. I challenged the LVN exam and there for have none of the per req.'s needed to get into an RN program. I heard about the College Network and took a look at their website (www.college-net.com) and also did some research on other LVN-RN programs. I decided to enroll in the College Network LVN-BSN program because It's the only online LVN-RN program offered in CA and it's cheaper then any of the nursing programs here in San Diego, at least for me it is.

You can get more information by calling Louis A. Wilcove, Program Advisor (He's the San Diego Advisor) at (858) 775-2748 or you can call the College Network direct at 1-800-634-1443.

This program works great for me and I am glad I enrolled. I hope this helps and good luck with your schooling....

Richard

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nick in Belmont, California

77 months ago

hey richard, do u work for them in any way? i just noticed you keep on saying to let the people know the program advisor know that you refer a certain prospective student...just asking...

rjm0764 in San Diego

77 months ago

Hello Nick:

NO I do not work for them.... The College Network (TCN) offer a referral program — when you provide 1-8 referrals = up to 8 exam fees will be refunded to you! On your 9th referral your TCN portion of the program will be paid for!

To qualify for the referral, these guidelines MUST be followed:
1. Both parties' addresses and phone numbers must be included.
2. The person referred must not cancel.
3. Any down payment by check or credit/debit card payment must clear.
4. Referrer must notify The College Network of Referees with a name, address, and phone number PRIOR TO EACH REFEREE'S ENROLLMENT.

As you can tell by the referral guidelines above, I was asking for referrals the wrong way. This referral program would help me out greatly, since I have to do ALL the pre req's. Which are not cheap. So if anyone would like to help me out, please contact me before you enroll.

So once again I DO NOT work the College Network - I am just trying to save myself some money.

Hope this Helps ... Richard

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

donna in Van Nuys, California

77 months ago

you may want to look into texas i hear there is no waiting list and need student nures

Les in Hayward, California

77 months ago

My wife is an lvn and just got a Bachelors on lin from Indiana University. The lvn to bsn is of great interest because of the waiting lists in the SF Bay area. Any info on this college network or any other program would be very helpful.

les

77 months ago

I'm looking for a lvn to bsn program for my wife. She just got her Bachelors on line at Indiana University. We'd like to talk to your Program Advisor too. E mail is lester1940@sbcglobal.net Thanks, Les

Anna in Covina California in West Covina, California

76 months ago

judy caltabellotta in Yucca Valley, California said: How much does this cost?
I took micro,anatome, physicology, death & dying, psycholgogy, everything except english and math.
What do you think?
Thank you for your time, hope to hear from you
Judy

hey judy,now did you manage to take micro without having to take math.thats exactly whaat i need. please give me some infor.
thanks

Christy in Camp Pendleton, California

75 months ago

I have been reading all of the comments posted about the LVN-RN online w/ Indiana State/College Network. Is there anyone that actually graduated with a BSN? I wouls like to correspond with that person. I have interviewed and been given the oinformation to proceed with the program but am a bit hesitant to commit. If there is anyone out there who has graduated would love to talk.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tonia in San Francisco, California

75 months ago

california is a picky state and i'm concered about the online lvn to rn programs are recognized here?

angie in Gainesville, Georgia

74 months ago

i have the lpn to associate rn studyguides,i paid 130 dollars/month x 48.worst thing i ever did.my advise don't do it.by the way has anyone ever finished?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Art in Apple Valley, California

74 months ago

I'd be careful if I were you guys. Why not go back to a JC and get your ADN, it would be a lot cheaper and credited for sure. Usually stuff that seems to be too good to be true is, or comes at an expensive tuition fee. Get a babysitter and go back to school for a year and you'll be done. You don't need a BSN unless you're planning to do administrative stuff. Just my $0.02

Lauren in Murrieta, California

74 months ago

I know a nurse who is going through the college network and has been in for one year, still has not yet been tested on any of the material and asked for help to be set up with a preceptor for clinical and you have to work around their schedule not your own. You can only do online course work when its convenient for you , but when it comes to all the clinicals your still working around someone else's schedule. she regrets it now that she can't work a schedule out with the perceptor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RN, BSN in Redmond, Washington

74 months ago

If you are looking for online nursing schools, here's a list of fully accredited online nursing schools.

That's one thing you need to make of. You need to attended an accredited nursing school.

With the sever shortage of nurses and nurse educators, you can expect that if you are not waiting on getting into school, that you are waiting for something.

www.my-nursing-career.com/nursing-degrees/rn-to-bsn-nursing-degree-programs.html

Here's 11 ways to pay for nursing school: www.my-nursing-career.com/career-support/how-to-pay-for-nursing-school.html

Don't forget your tax breaks and there are many other not-thought of ideas in that article.

RN, BSN in Redmond, Washington

74 months ago

There are other ways to pass your undergraduate courses. You can test out of them and earn college credit. It's very reasonable. A $65 test can save you thousands in tuition fees.

CLEP Tests are accepted at over 2,900 US colleges and universities. More information here:

www.cleptestingguide.com/index.shtml

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KATIE in South San Francisco, California

73 months ago

Hello,

I am an LVN just graduated about 5 months ago and now I am looking into LVN TO BSN through Indiana State Univ. I am wondering how is it going for you guys, how are the clinicals>???? Is there anyone in San Francisco Area that is in the program??? Do you know anyone who has graduated from the program????
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

angela

73 months ago

I'm enrolled in the lid. state lvn-bsn program . I currently am taking the challenge exams.I'm in cental california

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

do ypu mean indiana state university?

73 months ago

Yes, Indiana State University

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Hello Les,

Yes Indiana State University

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Fran in Los Angeles, California

73 months ago

How are the challenge tests? I'm enrolled in it but I have not taken any of the test. Tell me which Tests I should take First that are easy?Tell me how long you study for each test?

Nurse-Tee in Durham, North Carolina

73 months ago

The College network is not the College, Indiana State University
has the LPN-BSN program.The college network sells/Publishes the study guides and usually want you to do a contract with them
that can be very expensive.They also have Guides for Excelsior's
LPN-ADN Program.FYI-you do not have to purchase the study guides
you can look on EBAY or other places online for material.You can also clep the general exams.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

angela

73 months ago

The challenge test start with mental health, care of the adult, care of the family and the care of the childbearing family. the advisor said they are listed from easiest to hardest, mental health is the easiest and chldbearing family is the hardest. The practice tests in the study guides are very helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

angela

73 months ago

Les in Hayward, California said: do ypu mean indiana state university?

yes indiana state. so far i've taken a couple of the challenge exams.it's seems doable. I'm not that far into the program but it seems tonot be too hard so far

Jan in San Jose, California

73 months ago

Hi, I'm really interested in doing the LVN to BSN program, hopefully it won't take too long to complete it. Do they accept GI Bills to cover military personnels' school expenses? I'm looking into getting my BSN and be an officer in the commissioned reserves' side. =) Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.