LVN Pay

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (251 to 300 of 317)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

Kantz in Los Angeles, California

49 months ago

jojo in Buena Park, California said: Hi Mona, this is where I went last year, I have my license now as an LVN. www.hlpae.org/index2.html I paid about 4500 for everything. The staff and teachers are B's but I just bit the bullet and now I have my license.

Hello. I was trying to access the link that you posted here, but it's not working anymore. Is there any way you can post it again? Looks like it was a typo error? Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

lvndude in Santa Rosa, California

48 months ago

Come to Norcal and make $32 hour. Or go to work for the VA hospital. they hire lvn/lpns in every state where they have a clinic or hospital. Or go to work for Kaiser at a clinic; they are advertising in Norcal. (for lvns)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Fernita in Murrieta, California

48 months ago

jenny in Rancho Cucamonga, California said: what adult schools offer lvn program?

La Puente Adult School, San bernardino Adult School, etc.

Wandie in San Antonio, Texas

48 months ago

What is Norcal? Where is it located? What type of work?

deelvncalifornia in Harbor City, California

48 months ago

jojo in Fullerton, California said: Yes they do hire for the flu shot clinic for $20 an hour. How does that make sense? Its a shot. You would think their Regular nurses would make that to work in the field.

Do you guys know what company is good that is like Maxim?

yes,try trinity healthcare in Monterey Park,callifornia.I have been with them for 13 years.Excellent health insurance,decent wages, and good staff suupport.Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

edna in Sacramento, California said: How many months to take to be an LVN.I am a CNA right now but i am looking forward to go back to school. What are the requirements to be in the school.

If u take full time 12 months or part time 16 or 18 month

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

nurse in Morristown, Tennessee said: Pam w>-----No. LPN is very limited. Jobs are getting less and less. $8-$12 is normal per hr. unless agency- up to $15-18
Go for RN!

I start work at agency, they paid me $18 on April and now I work at another agency 3 month later and they offer me $21/ hr.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

SATXnurse in Houston, Texas

48 months ago

I currently am an LVN working for the govt in a level 1 trauma center. When I graduated I always said I would never get stuck working in a nursing home or just working home health. There are jobs out there people that if you set your mind to you can get. I probably make around $50000 a year and the benefits are outstanding. I will never leave here because I can transfer to any other military facility in the world if I wanted. I do have a small PT job at an agency but i work there maybe 4 days a month if even that...so as an LVN my annual income will probably be close to $60-65k a year...and that's here in Texas that I hear has one of the lowest LVN pay rates in the US. Just wanted to contribute.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Xutchitl in San Diego, California

48 months ago

I am 51 years of age. I waited almost a life time to go into the nursing profession. Unfortunatley, my comunity college offers the LVN program but to enrolled on their list is every two years. Therefore, I will have to finish all my pre requisites and enrolled in the list in 2016 with no garantees to get into the program until the year 2018. I will be to old to lift patients. However, because of my late divorce and never earned a self income, I am in urgency of generating some money quick. Therefore, I did my research, quit my community college, and I am on my way to South West Ultrasound Institute in Beverly Hills. All I need is a GED, pass a test, pay $75.00 non-refundable, and write a 500 word essay.
The LVN program will be a 12 month program and $27,000.00 student loan etc. By the time my community college qualifies me in 2016-18 I will done paying off all my loans. However, I heard that LVN's will not longer be hireable. Hospital do not want to pay LVN's, they rather pay CNA and a RN to supervised CNA's. On the otherhand, I heard that universal healthcare will kick in in about two years therefore hospitals will decreased hospital RN's and increase LVN instead. To me all these sounds very controvercial. Can anybody give me some imput. I really like South West Institute. Graduate is 86% according to FAFSA. I really liked their school and staff.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Blueyz in California

48 months ago

Wandie in San Antonio, Texas said: What is Norcal? Where is it located? What type of work?

By NorCal, the person is referring to northern California. Likewise, SoCal is southern California. Both are colloquial terms.

Shanae in Humble, Texas

48 months ago

Veronica in Houston, Texas said: I am currently applying for the LVN program at my college and was wondering after completing the program are my chances to be accepted to the RN program higher? I know that its pretty hard to get into the RN program.

The chances of getting into the RN program are about the same but they may require less points for a Lvn than a person who is going for Basic track Nursing at Lonestar Montgomery College System.You still have to take the 30 core academic courses that you have to take for ADN, but you'll have a year under your belt.It's the same if you ask me just 1 more year of Nursing for ADN.

bean172003 in Hanford, California

48 months ago

PAM W. in Lake Elsinore, California said: Don't do it!! I have been an LVN for 10 years and wish I would have skipped it all together and just got my BSN. Lvn's make very little pay and job selection is not very good. After 10 years as an lvn I am only making $17/ hr .

I'm not sure where u live, but im a lvn I make 25.00 an hr. I've only had my license for a one year.

chosyn in Oakland, California

48 months ago

Hi, I am an LVN saw your post and would like to know who is norcal

barna_d in corona, California

48 months ago

LOooking to go to school for lvn or rn or phlebotomist

reynalvn in Fresno, California

47 months ago

bean172003 in Hanford, California said: I'm not sure where u live, but im a lvn I make 25.00 an hr. I've only had my license for a one year.

I live in Visalia, are they hiring LVNs in Hanford right now

lvndude in Santa Rosa, California

47 months ago

bean172003 in Hanford, California said: I'm not sure where u live, but im a lvn I make 25.00 an hr. I've only had my license for a one year.

That is great! Is that typical in that area? Are there many SNFs in that area? I believe wages in Northern California are higher than most of the country. I am in the north bay area.

chiggins in Redlands, California

47 months ago

Does anyone know who is actually hiring new grad lvnS? I have applied everywhere and nothing! Please help. I live in Southern California. I have two little boys and my boyfriend is losing his job. I dont know what to do! Let me know if anyone knows anything

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chiggins in Redlands, California

47 months ago

Fernita in Murrieta, California said: I start work at agency, they paid me $18 on April and now I work at another agency 3 month later and they offer me $21/ hr.

where do you work? are you a new grad? thats really good. let me know. thanks

47 months ago

My heart goes out to you. Try some agencies. If worse comes to worse, volunteer at a place you'd like to work to get your foot in the door. Maybe volunteer 1 day a week as a nurse to see if you like it. If all goes well, maybe the supervisor could put in a word for you. Also check out some clinics in the area. Good luck and keep me posted.

Blueyz in California

47 months ago

Sounds like a real nut job. Think I've seen his ad several times.

eurika in Los Angeles, California

46 months ago

jojo in Whittier, California said: 11 months full time for LVN in California @ an adult school.

What adult school did u go to?...I've bn haviing such a hard time finding an lvn program that won' leave me in debt...thx

Thuit77 in Oakland, California

45 months ago

Fernita in Murrieta, California said: I start work at agency, they paid me $18 on April and now I work at another agency 3 month later and they offer me $21/ hr.

How did you land at that job? Did you have the 6months to a year experience? I am looking for an LVN position for about 3 months now.

karen in Claremont, California

45 months ago

Fernita, do you mind sending me the phone # for that agency!
Thanks

Beau

45 months ago

ruby in Las Vegas, Nevada said: shame on u. lvn for 10 yrs. u should be making about 25 an hr.

I wish I could post my tax returns for the past 14 yrs that I've been an LVN Los Angeles. Last year $78,000...and that's typical. We've tremendous opportunities for financial stability in various areas of medicine...but you have to be a go-getter and seize opportunities when they present themselves and be confident in your skills as a NURSE and believe that YOU ARE worth it and DON'T SETTLE for anything less! I mean, honestly, I haven't made $17/hr since 1994 as a per-diem CNA at Northridge Hospital, with shift differential... But be willing to sacrifice bad hours and weekends and holidays for a while to get your foot in the RIGHT "DOORS", exude excellence and you'll become indespensible and they'll be begging you to work for them and asking you what salary you'll accept! At one time I remained per-diem with 4 companies at one time because the didn't want me to quit out right, so I stayed on as long as I could take it!
HH out here pays $30-35.... I get $35-50 depending on MD orders and location of pt.... I set my own rates and they accept them because I'M GREAT! And we all are! Let's boycott ALL low paylevel jobs and they'll have to pay more;-). But until then stay diligent, don't settle and most of all...keep the FAITH! It is possible... I wish ALL the GREAT and UNDERATED LVN's of the world much success and GREAT WEALTH! WE TRUELY DESERVE IT!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Beau

45 months ago

Beau said: I wish I could post my tax returns for the past 14 yrs that I've been an LVN Los Angeles. Last year $78,000...and that's typical. We've tremendous opportunities for financial stability in various areas of medicine...but you have to be a go-getter and seize opportunities when they present themselves and be confident in your skills as a NURSE and believe that YOU ARE worth it and DON'T SETTLE for anything less! I mean, honestly, I haven't made $17/hr since 1994 as a per-diem CNA at Northridge Hospital, with shift differential... But be willing to sacrifice bad hours and weekends and holidays for a while to get your foot in the RIGHT "DOORS", exude excellence and you'll become indespensible and they'll be begging you to work for them and asking you what salary you'll accept! At one time I remained per-diem with 4 companies at one time because the didn't want me to quit out right, so I stayed on as long as I could take it!
HH out here pays $30-35.... I get $35-50 depending on MD orders and location of pt.... I set my own rates and they accept them because I'M GREAT! And we all are! Let's boycott ALL low paylevel jobs and they'll have to pay more;-). But until then stay diligent, don't settle and most of all...keep the FAITH! It is possible... I wish ALL the GREAT and UNDERATED LVN's of the world much success and GREAT WEALTH! WE TRUELY DESERVE IT!!!!

And most of all...BELIEVE in GOD!!! Through HIM, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

loni-77 in Fresno, California

45 months ago

Hi everyone. I am in a Medical Assistant program and I don't really like it. I really, really want to become an RN or Physician Assistant. I live in Fresno, CA and the only school I can get into right away is the RN program at San Joaquin Valley College and the tuition for a 2 year RN program is about $60,000. ( I will not qualify to financial aid, so this will be a student loan)

I would like some advise whether this will be worth it or not. I am 33 and don't want to wait on the junior college RN lottery system. If I'm going to spend the next 18 months - 2 years on school, I'd rather go for the RN versus an LVN program. SJVC awards an AA degree in Nursing, then I can pursue the RN-BSN online after wards. I'm just at a point in my life where I want a real career and really want to focus on following my dreams in a field where I can help people. (I was laid off from a clerical admin position in June) So basically, is $60k too much for an AA in nursing? I really appreciate any feedback offered. Thanks to everyone!

45 months ago

Hello Loni 77,
I completely understand how you feel. I would say take the prereqs at another school and take the nursing classes at SJCC. Also look for scholarships and grants. I know it is expensive but you will be a nurse sooner than at the other schools. I am in the same situation. Please keep me posted on your decision. Good luck!

44 months ago

Hey Ruby,
I totally agree with you. They want LPN's to be a nurse for low pay and high level of skills. That's not right. We should boycott. Any LPN pay under $20/hr is an insult.

Newgrad in San Antonio, Texas

43 months ago

Carin in Tustin, California said: 16 months for LVN program

If you live in Texas, 12 months. I started in January and graduated in December

Newgrad in San Antonio, Texas

43 months ago

Carolina in Chino, California said: I was wondering if anyone knows if you science prerequisit courses are good after 18 years. eg microbiology, physiology. I am currently an lvn looking to jump into an rn program.

No they are not

wandie in San Antonio, Texas

43 months ago

Hi Carolina,
I don't know any school that would take science classes from so long ago. The max that I have seen is 10 years.Good luck!

wes in Monroe, Louisiana

43 months ago

jodeanlynn in Milton, Florida said: My goal is to go to school for an LPN course and then go to school for Rn . What would stop me from being able to get a job at a hospital when they run the background check ? Nurses are in high demand here and I do not see how some traffic tickets and a bad check would stop you from becoming a nurse, but I was turned down for a CNA class by Agency for Workforce Innovation ,the 3 week class is offerred through a local hospital. I thought it would be good to have a job as a CNA to support myself while going to school. Help me !!!! Would it be a waste of my time going to school for this ? Will they offer me a job if I have things on my background check, that to me are minor ???

Unfortunately , it probably isnt the driving record or the bad check. pull your credit report. hiring managers look at scores as a measure of charicter. i know how unfair this is as i have been turned down for several jobs because of this . when you apply again , ask for a letter as to why they refused you employment. then contact the state and see what can be done. if you dont believe me call your insurance agency .they pull credit and will put you in a higher bracket if your credit is bad even if you are paying 6 months in advance.I guess now you cant discriminate because of race or religon so here we are , the next thing

Mel in Palmdale, California

43 months ago

Beau said: I wish I could post my tax returns for the past 14 yrs that I've been an LVN Los Angeles. Last year $78,000...and that's typical. We've tremendous opportunities for financial stability in various areas of medicine...but you have to be a go-getter and seize opportunities when they present themselves and be confident in your skills as a NURSE and believe that YOU ARE worth it and DON'T SETTLE for anything less! I mean, honestly, I haven't made $17/hr since 1994 as a per-diem CNA at Northridge Hospital, with shift differential... But be willing to sacrifice bad hours and weekends and holidays for a while to get your foot in the RIGHT "DOORS", exude excellence and you'll become indespensible and they'll be begging you to work for them and asking you what salary you'll accept! At one time I remained per-diem with 4 companies at one time because the didn't want me to quit out right, so I stayed on as long as I could take it!

Thank you for that hope Beau, we all need it!

karen in Claremont, California

43 months ago

Hello there,
I am a medical technologist and I couldn't find a job unless Iam licensed. Hoe can i start being an LVN where did you study and how long does it take.

TENURSE in Los Angeles, California

41 months ago

Pam W. in Lake Elsinore, California said: Please show me an LVN that averages 40,000 a year and I will show you a miracle. In the real world, an LVN averages about 24,000. I know, I have been an LVN for 11 years and am very good at my job. I have never even come close to 40 grand.

HI ! LAST YEAR I GROSSED 49500, I HAVE BEEN AN LVN FOR 15 YEARS AND WORK ONLY REALLY PICKED UP IN SEPTEMBER. ,REST OF THE YEAR I WORKED AN AVERAGE OF 20 HOURS A WEEK @ 2275 AN HOUR HERE IN THE OC,CALI AREA. IM ON RN WAITLIST @SAC AND ALL PRERQS R DONE. I TOO WISH I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN RN RIGHT AWAY, BUT MY EXPERIENCE AS AN LVN WILL MAKE ME A BETTER RN. WHEN I STARTED WITH MY LVN LICENCE I STARTED @ 12.50 AN HOUR- I DO PRIVATE DUTY NURSING WITH A NON PROFIT CATH ORG.I TRIED REGISTRY WORK BUT MUCH PREFER HOME HEALTH HOSPICE AND CONTINUOS CARE CASES.

andrews in Orlando, Florida

41 months ago

nekQUOTE who="Pam W. in Lake Elsinore, California"]Please show me an LVN that averages 40,000 a year and I will show you a miracle. In the real world, an LVN averages about 24,000. I know, I have been an LVN for 11 years and am very good at my job. I have never even come close to 40 grand.

I am a LVN that graduated last year & I make $25 an hour working in richardson texas

n

menow

41 months ago

62000 a year after two years.

menow

41 months ago

My first year I made 60,000 with some doubles and extra shifts. Last year 62,000 with little overtime. It depends where u work and who u work for. I am in california. I know lvns making even more. Not in southern california though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

TENURSE

41 months ago

yes,just recently i discovered nurses lvn or rn make much more in the bay area (i live in southern cali- oc). dont know why, just do.DD

michelle in Cathedral City, California

41 months ago

najiba in Fremont, California said: I work for an LVN school. Your science classes would be good for 7 years and other General Education classes would be good for 10 years. So in your case you have to take them again...sorry

i just sat throught an orientation this week for rn program, they said that the sciences have no time restaints on them as long as you got a 2.5 gpa in a&p 1&2 and micro. and your total over all gpa of 2.5 for all classes taken in the last seven years of school attended.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nurse in Cypress, Texas

40 months ago

PAM W. in Lake Elsinore, California said: Don't do it!! I have been an LVN for 10 years and wish I would have skipped it all together and just got my BSN. Lvn's make very little pay and job selection is not very good. After 10 years as an lvn I am only making $17/hr.

At 17 hr, you are getting screwed. Am making 22 to 24 with one year experience.

Christie in Los Angeles, California

39 months ago

I see that there's a lot of LVN jobs in Texas that doesn't require experiences. How's the LVN job market in Texas? I live in California but it's so hard to get the job without experiences.

Yessie in Anaheim, California

39 months ago

new nurse 2yrs in La Quinta, California said: i made 49,000 including overtime last year as a new grad in long term care.

Sorry but I think you are getting F* over by your job I work at kaiser permanente as an LVN and I made 46k last year and that was 36hrs a week so yeah you have been fooled Missy

Yessie in Anaheim, California

39 months ago

chiggins in Redlands, California said: Does anyone know who is actually hiring new grad lvnS? I have applied everywhere and nothing! Please help. I live in Southern California. I have two little boys and my boyfriend is losing his job. I dont know what to do! Let me know if anyone knows anything

Apply at Kaiser sunset they are always hiring

jojo in Los Angeles, California

39 months ago

call www.mediscan.net...new hires usually are welcome, good luck!

USA2012 in West Covina, California

38 months ago

Fernita in Murrieta, California said: I graduate LVN from Redlands adult school just for 3000, to bad it will close cause of budget cut. You guys can try the biggest adult school in Ca at La Puente adult school, Ca. LVN test every week on Thursday and the program just take a year for full time and 18 month for part time. Last time when I go there, the LVN cost about 1800 only...very good deal....

Both the Psych Tech program and the LVN programs at Hacienda La Puente Adult School are 5,700.00 before books, uniforms, etc. The passing rates are decent, you are done in a year, and they take Pell Grants. My friend went to Citrus, and payed a lot less, and was done in a year for LVN, and they accepted Pell Grants as well as Cal Grants A and B.

somewhereclose

36 months ago

andrews in Orlando, Florida said: nekQUOTE who="Pam W. in Lake Elsinore, California"]Please show me an LVN that averages 40,000 a year and I will show you a miracle. In the real world, an LVN averages about 24,000. I know, I have been an LVN for 11 years and am very good at my job. I have never even come close to 40 grand.

I am a LVN that graduated last year & I make $25 an hour working in richardson texas

Could you email me privately and share where you work at for that kind of pay. I am just interested into the type of nursing that you do.I have been an LVN for 22 years and have had a hard time finding a job since I was laid off in 2006. mimaria12@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

somewhereclose

36 months ago

Does anyone know any place hiring for an LVN in San Antonio,Texas. Or Southwest of SA. I have 22 years of experience. Hospital as well as Home Health. Thank You.

Tracie1216 in Dallas, Texas

36 months ago

I currently am an LVN 5 yrs exp...I work for the Department of Defense and my BASE salary is nearly $40k a year. I live in San Antonio, Tx. I also work a few extra shifts as a private Pedi nurse on the side. My full time job is in a level 1 trauma center and I work Critical Care...this year I will make around $60,000 it's not a miracle its called perseverance...I started from the lowest paying hospital gig for the experience not the pay and now I reap the rewards because I do have the experience that alot of LVNs dont have...you can make good money but you have to have patience to wait for the right opportunities. Hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

somewhereclose

36 months ago

Tracie1216 in Dallas, Texas said: I currently am an LVN 5 yrs exp...I work for the Department of Defense and my BASE salary is nearly $40k a year. I live in San Antonio, Tx. I also work a few extra shifts as a private Pedi nurse on the side. My full time job is in a level 1 trauma center and I work Critical Care...this year I will make around $60,000 it's not a miracle its called perseverance...I started from the lowest paying hospital gig for the experience not the pay and now I reap the rewards because I do have the experience that alot of LVNs dont have...you can make good money but you have to have patience to wait for the right opportunities. Hope this helps

Would you be able to email me privately. I would like to talk to you more about jobs. Thank You, Janet mimaria12@yahoo.com

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.