LVN to RN...FAST in Dallas, Tx

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 57)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Adrienne in Los Angeles, California

75 months ago

Does anyone know of an ACCREDITED, ACCELERATED LVN-RN program (online or traditional) in the Dallas/ Ft Worth metroplex?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (397) / No (40) Reply - Report abuse

Kat in Mansfield, Texas

69 months ago

Excelsior College is accepted by the Texas State Board of Nursing. They are an online self study program that has graduated many thousands of LVN/LPN-RN students. Texas is "Excelsior friendy" while some states like CA do not recognize it as an approved program. Do your research though before you sign up, good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

smiley smiley in Stone Mountain, Georgia

69 months ago

Hi, everyone

I need some help. I have failed BSN program on the last semester. I don't know what to do. I need other options where I can have my nursing credits transferred. Does anyone know any schools that transfers nursing credits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (62) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Queen in Flower Mound, Texas

69 months ago

In august of 2009 Dallas Nursing Institute will commence their LVN to RN bridge program. You are guaranteed to be accepted as long as you can pay!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (114) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Tuckersmom in Denton, Texas

68 months ago

Queen in Flower Mound, Texas said: In august of 2009 Dallas Nursing Institute will commence their LVN to RN bridge program. You are guaranteed to be accepted as long as you can pay!!!!!!!

That is great information!!! I'm so excited, thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Arlington, Texas

66 months ago

mizz k in Irving, Texas said: i am unable to find the info on DNI website for bridge program....do you know where can i get info???

I called to dni they are still waiting on approval from the board of nursing but they are starting a lvn to rn program but start date has not been set yet

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LM in Bossier City, Louisiana

65 months ago

Tiffany in Arlington, Texas said: I called to dni they are still waiting on approval from the board of nursing but they are starting a lvn to rn program but start date has not been set yet[/QUOTE
They have approval now and will be enrolling January of 10

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kat in Arlington, Texas

65 months ago

Here is the link to the website with info:

www.dni.edu/vocnursing/default_files/page275.htm

I am very happy to see more options for LVN-RN in this area, it is much needed! Hopefully the other vocational schools will do so as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Danyelle26 in Arlington, Texas

65 months ago

mizz k in Irving, Texas said: i am unable to find the info on DNI website for bridge program....do you know where can i get info???

Have you visited www.dni.edu? I found information there. I will start there this summer--keep in touch.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mizz k in Dallas, Texas

65 months ago

thank you for your help!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Danyelle26 in Dallas, Texas

65 months ago

You are very welcome. I stopped by there today. I think that I will enroll in their evening LVN program. Best of luck to you as well!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LCHill in Dallas, Texas

63 months ago

Hey Everyone im currently in the LVN program @ DNI and its the best thing that ever happened to me. Be prepared to work hard. I love it there. The best of luck to yall!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Denise

62 months ago

Iam thinking about starting the lvn program at Dni I was just wondering how was it there do u really get good education.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tonya Lay in Flower Mound, Texas

61 months ago

Adrienne in Los Angeles, California said: Does anyone know of an ACCREDITED, ACCELERATED LVN-RN program (online or traditional) in the Dallas/ Ft Worth metroplex?

Just graduated from NCTC(North Central Tx College) in Corinth, TX . Excellent program!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

craker374 in Mesquite, Texas

60 months ago

Tonya Lay in Flower Mound, Texas said: Just graduated from NCTC(North Central Tx College) in Corinth, TX . Excellent program!

I graduated from there 2 yrs ago! Loved It!

bulhockey_2004 in Dallas, Texas

60 months ago

Tonya Lay in Flower Mound, Texas said: Just graduated from NCTC(North Central Tx College) in Corinth, TX . Excellent program!

i loved it to tonya haha :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Darla in Springtown, Texas

59 months ago

Kat in Mansfield, Texas said: Excelsior College is accepted by the Texas State Board of Nursing. They are an online self study program that has graduated many thousands of LVN/LPN-RN students. Texas is "Excelsior friendy" while some states like CA do not recognize it as an approved program. Do your research though before you sign up, good luck!

I have been checking into Rue and excelsior. I'm not sure which is better. I'm divorced and have two teenagers to raise. Any suggestions would be helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

KAT in Arlington, Texas

59 months ago

Darla in Springtown, Texas said: I have been checking into Rue and excelsior. I'm not sure which is better. I'm divorced and have two teenagers to raise. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Rue is not a college and doesn't award you a degree. They are a "publishing company" that sells you study guides for Excelsior College. They are the same type of company as The College Network. It is very possible to graduate from Excelsior without paying extra thousands of dollars to another party. I have heard some real horror stories about The College Network, so be very careful and educated about it before you ever sign anything. Try visiting allnurses.com for lots of info on this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

thank you, I have checked out the excelsior website but I'm a little confused about the costs,fees and tuition. Do you know anything about it?

Cookie in Longview, Texas

59 months ago

Kat in Mansfield, Texas said: Excelsior College is accepted by the Texas State Board of Nursing. They are an online self study program that has graduated many thousands of LVN/LPN-RN students. Texas is "Excelsior friendy" while some states like CA do not recognize it as an approved program. Do your research though before you sign up, good luck!

I think CA does approve of excelsior. My aunt lived in CA and did RN-BSN through excelsior and had no problems at all. This was only about 2-3 yrs ago. Maybe the rules have changed but I doubt it.

tintin99 in Daly City, California

59 months ago

KAT in Arlington, Texas said: Rue is not a college and doesn't award you a degree. They are a "publishing company" that sells you study guides for Excelsior College. They are the same type of company as The College Network. It is very possible to graduate from Excelsior without paying extra thousands of dollars to another party. I have heard some real horror stories about The College Network, so be very careful and educated about it before you ever sign anything. Try visiting allnurses.com for lots of info on this.

Kat, I'm actually signed up with the College Network. I am now second thinking if it was a good idea. What are these horror stories u know of????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KAT in Arlington, Texas

59 months ago

tintin99 in Daly City, California said: Kat, I'm actually signed up with the College Network. I am now second thinking if it was a good idea. What are these horror stories u know of????

People being trapped into the contracts and paying thousands of dollars for junky "study guides" that they could have bought second hand or on Ebay for pennies on the dollar. Some were duped by TCN into believing that it was necessary to go through them to graduate from Excelsior. Once you sign that contract you are legally obligated so you probably can't get out at this point. I've even heard of folks trying to sue TCN for dishonest practices. I have not had personal experiences myself so I can't personally reply. There multiple threads about this on allnurses.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

It's hard to decide. I suppose I should call Excelsior to get more information before making a decision. Good Luck. Darla

DALLAS, TEXAS in The Colony, Texas

55 months ago

Denise said: Iam thinking about starting the lvn program at Dni I was just wondering how was it there do u really get good education.

DNI IS THE WORSE SCHOOL THAT I HAVE EVER BEEN TO. ONCE YOU SIGN THE CONTRACT AND THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU AT ALL. IT'S REALLY ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. WITH THE TUITION BEING 26,000 YOU WOULD THINK THAT THE SCHOOL WOULD BE IN BETTER CONDITION THAN WHAT IT IS. THE MANICANS ARE OLD AND BE PREPARED TO DO MOST OF YOUR CLINICALS IN FRONT OF A COMPUTER. I NEVER RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL TO ANYONE....TRUST ME I DO IT FOR A REASON...............DON'T GO THIS SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

happyDNIstudent in DFW, Texas

54 months ago

LOL, Why are you hollering with your post? Please don't go by people who have flunked out or failed at DNI and mad because they did.

Or because they did not show up for class and had to be sent back through another semester.

Please don't believe the hype of disgruntled students. DNI is an AWESOME school with AWESOME teachers.

Please don't believe the hype of people who discuss what this school USE to be. It has come a longgg way and is passing up other schools FAST. I see employed DNI students at almost all of my clinical sites.

Find me a nursing school that cares about your laziness and you will see that they don't develop good nurses. GO DNI!!! WOOHOO!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Spud in Arlington, Texas

53 months ago

How hard is it to get in to DNI for the ADN nursing part

Ashlye89@yahoo.com

53 months ago

I am currently enrolled in the LVN program at DNI and I graduate in November. It is a good school. It is expensive but you will learn soo much and a lot of the instructors are great! It is fast and as long as you read your books you will pass. And all you have to do is pass the net test to get in and it is easy. I would reccomend this school!! And as someone said above, almost every clinical I attend there is at least one DNI graduate! Good luck to everyone!!

And if anyone has any information on a school for my lvn to rn that does not require pre req's please let me know! I'm thinking about dni but I would rather go somewhere that I don't have to have prior classes.... Thanks

laklvn@yahoo.com in Euless, Texas

52 months ago

Every school requires pre-reqs, some more than others. Hill College has pre-req's too, but also has a 10 month LVN to RN program, shortest one I have found.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ashlye89@yahoo.com

52 months ago

Laklvn- thanks for the info... I guess because my LVN didn't require pre classes I thought I would get lucky again lol do you happen to know anything else about Hill- what pre req's, how much it is...? Do they have a website? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ashlye89@yahoo.com in Arlington, Texas

52 months ago

LCHill in Dallas, Texas said: Hey Everyone im currently in the LVN program @ DNI and its the best thing that ever happened to me. Be prepared to work hard. I love it there. The best of luck to yall!!!!

hi my name is nelly and i want to start dni..but iam sooo scared to take the enty exam...is it hard.???

pabitra in Irving, Texas

51 months ago

hi my name is pabitra i want to study RN but i don't have any idea about that, now i m taking some basic course pre credit but i don't know how can i apply for RN if anyboby have any idea pls share me ....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jessica Brown in Seattle, Washington

50 months ago

Pabitra, you can find more information about RN programs on www.mylpnschools.com Hope this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kristine in Wylie, Texas

48 months ago

hey guyz am looking for a LVN-RN school not a very expensive one but a school that i cn be accepted without prerequisites. you guyz know of any helpful school around? suggest for me any that you think is great and any more advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Brandi in San Antonio, Texas

48 months ago

I am looking to do LVN to RN with ACCREDITED college courses on-line. I have not been able to find ANY college that does this! I live in a small town and can get my clinical hours with a preceptor, but have not found any programs that are not the "pay us to help you study" programs... Anyone have any info I'd really appreciate it!!!

mal3365 in Houston, Texas

44 months ago

any schools in texas that do online lvn to rn programs, like Ca and OH, thank you in advance

AAHC in Stafford, Texas

41 months ago

I am an HR Director for a Home Health Agency in Houston,TX.

We are currently looking for RN's to join our team. If you are interested please
send me an email at sonia.aahc@gmail.com.

Thanks and have a great day!

-Sonia

quinta in Grand Prairie, Texas

41 months ago

I currently work as a LVN in Dallas area and it is just so frustrating that the more you try to work towards an admission into the schools, the more frustrating it can be, as most of them do have different prereqs. I heard Trinity Valley is a good school, but they seem to have tons of applicants. I am actually looking @ the bridge program @ Navarro College and Hill College, any info on these schools? How is the program? my chances of getting in despite completion of prereqs? and how are the lecturers generally? I am aware that it is hardwork getting through the RN program, but some schools just make it as hard as a camel going through the needle hole.

geturpaper in Dallas, Texas

36 months ago

Excelsior IS NOT approved by the Texas Board of Nursing. Any school claiming to be BON approved when they are not is not a school I would like to even consider. DNI is Texas Board of Nursing Approved, that's all you need to know. Do your research. How would you propose the board of nursing would recognize and approve this school if they were not preparing nurses for the profession. These are still peoples lives and they would rip the paper off the schools window if they weren't doin their job. I attended University level as well as Graduate school level classes and yes those teachers are more arrogant than any, and they WILL NOT spoon feed you. Either you want to know it or you don't. They don't claim to be a community college and they have given you the opportunity to earn I said EARN your license. What type of help do you want? Honestly, the entrance exam should be a little more challenging and maybe they should require pre-requisites cuz their are some dumb-aces getting into this school and they are lazy. They thought DNI was gonna teach them their ABC's again...HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

Laura D. class 9/21/09 in Garland, Texas said: Hold on a sec.. i just completed the LVN program at DNI.. I SHOWED UP TO ALL MY CLASSES, NEVER FAILED A CLASS, NEVER HAD TO REPEAT, MAYBE DIDNT GET AN A IN EVERYTHING BUT I DID MY BEST.. There is about oh maybe 5 teachers who actually cares what happens to you. if you are a strong minded person who really wants to be a nurse and has zero responsibilities then maybe you can make it thru. but DNI is the worst school i have ever attended.. they need to get organized, need people who actually care. so whoever wrote that quote needs to get facts straight.. I HOLLER TOO CUZ I SPENT $ for a fantasy program when i did not get half of what was expected.. and i have no problem letting DNI know how i feel thats why i have posted my name and the class i was in. I have many classmates who made it thru the program without repeating who can also say the same.I'm not telling you not to attend the school just be ready to be study on your own, work hard, ignore any negative vibes,and not miss any days for a year unless you want to retake a class(no excuses not even a sick child or death in the family can get you excused). Good Luck to all.. And please when you post comments make sure you know what your talking about.

I don't think the lady was saying ALL students are lazy. The thing is when is school ever a fantasy? I really believe some people expected to learn through osmosis. As with any program, yes you are on your own. Medical School, Law School...Do you want a Dr. operating on your mom, that missed classes and got excused because his kid was always ill, because well his school cared about him? IT is what it is. You finished and you know what it takes to get through it. I don't want no nurse at my bedside that just chose nursing school cuz her teachers were nice to me. Sometimes people have to learn the hardway to quit lookin for an easy way out.... yea losing 30K mite do that.

36 months ago

DALLAS, TEXAS in The Colony, Texas said: DNI IS THE WORSE SCHOOL THAT I HAVE EVER BEEN TO. ONCE YOU SIGN THE CONTRACT AND THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU AT ALL. IT'S REALLY ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. WITH THE TUITION BEING 26,000 YOU WOULD THINK THAT THE SCHOOL WOULD BE IN BETTER CONDITION THAN WHAT IT IS. THE MANICANS ARE OLD AND BE PREPARED TO DO MOST OF YOUR CLINICALS IN FRONT OF A COMPUTER. I NEVER RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL TO ANYONE....TRUST ME I DO IT FOR A REASON...............DON'T GO THIS SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It doesn't sound like you've ever attended college/university before. What type of care do you need? BTW They have recently opened a brand new area to the school and they have new equipment as well, but my question is what university doesn't take your money and send u to class. The ones I KNOW will take your money, and well u can come to class or not come to class, and you can make all the F's u wanna make, and also u can take ur ace back home because now your are kicked out. the registrar is not gonna call you and ask you what's the matter. You're grown. Either you want an education or you don't

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ROBLVNTOBE in Dallas, Texas

35 months ago

I am a current student at DNI. I came to this site to find information about an LVN to RN bridge. All I see is complaints about DNI. Here is the lowdown...DNI IS difficult, I have a masters and it is still difficult. HOWEVER, in order to pass, all that is needed is to show up on time and read the books. I repeat...ALL THAT IS NEEDED is to SHOW UP ON TIME AND READ THE BOOKS...PERIOD!!!! If you cant read perhaps you should take a reading course prior to attending. If you cant get there on time...don't enroll. Someone mentioned the instructors dont care. They do care, but, they can't transplant information from the book inside one's brain. The transfer of information can only occur if one reads and information that is gathered from reading is questioned to reinforce what you have read. Be expected to read an astronomical amount of information...keeping in mind that it can be done (others have done it). But ultimately you as the student is responsible for acquiring the information.

I am neither for nor against DNI. You as the individual seeking information is responsible for your learning. The instructor is not going to be their to help you assist a patient with ambulation or help you pass an aspirin, DNI provides the information required for you to make a good nursing decisions, it's your responsibility to get the information so that you CAN apply it to your nursing duties.

Me in Dallas, Texas

35 months ago

Lol Is this Rob 10-7???

35 months ago

Me in Dallas, Texas said: Lol Is this Rob 10-7???

Yes, how could you tell?

35 months ago

Dave in Denver, Colorado said: Wow, ROBLVNTOBE you were so refreshingly honest that I'd ask you to be my Facebook friend if I was on Facebook. So many ADULT STUDENTS whine, whine, whine about school being too hard, teachers not caring, having too much homework. DNI isn't rougher than anywhere else. The reality is the LVN to RN bridge isn't easy. This is a career where people's lives are on the line. Hit the books, people, and quit whining.

Dave, I hope I wasnt too harsh, however, Nursing school is difficult..perhaps more difficult than Med school. I say this because most people dont realize nursing school is about caring for people in all their complexities and making a nursing diagnosis related to thier biopsychosocialspiritual needs. Med school is about acquiring information to make a diagnosis related to a physical condition and although just as important, other needs tend to be addressed secondarily..if they impact the primary diagnosis. I am not suggesting medicine is not caring, but, nursing takes a special individual who can function autonomously. Having said this, like you said, nursing requires a special person who can address the many needs of individuals who cant do for themselves. If I were to ever need nursing care I would want someone who can look past what they think they see is going on, to find what is really going on to keep me alive. DNI provides the foundation and it is our responsibility as students to incorporate the information to save or preserve lives.

Now that I am off my soap box...I would not midn having you on facebook either.

minpin73 in Dallas, Texas

34 months ago

ROBLVNTOBE in Dallas, Texas said: I am a current student at DNI. I came to this site to find information about an LVN to RN bridge. All I see is complaints about DNI. Here is the lowdown...DNI IS difficult, I have a masters and it is still difficult. HOWEVER, in order to pass, all that is needed is to show up on time and read the books. I repeat...ALL THAT IS NEEDED is to SHOW UP ON TIME AND READ THE BOOKS...PERIOD!!!! If you cant read perhaps you should take a reading course prior to attending. If you cant get there on time...don't enroll. Someone mentioned the instructors dont care. They do care, but, they can't transplant information from the book inside one's brain. The transfer of information can only occur if one reads and information that is gathered from reading is questioned to reinforce what you have read. Be expected to read an astronomical amount of information...keeping in mind that it can be done (others have done it). But ultimately you as the student is responsible for acquiring the information.

I am neither for nor against DNI. You as the individual seeking information is responsible for your learning. The instructor is not going to be their to help you assist a patient with ambulation or help you pass an aspirin, DNI provides the information required for you to make a good nursing decisions, it's your responsibility to get the information so that you CAN apply it to your nursing duties.

I am so glad you said something positive about DNI. I have been considering
attending the school for a while now. I should have done it before I became
a Medical Assistant because in the end I still want to be a nurse.

34 months ago

minpin73 in Dallas, Texas said: I am so glad you said something positive about DNI. I have been considering
attending the school for a while now. I should have done it before I became
a Medical Assistant because in the end I still want to be a nurse.

There is a class starting (I beleive) November 18, 2011. If you start the process now, more than likely you will be able to start then. There is a lot of information provided in a short amount of time...you MUST study and it can be done...many others have done it before you. All of my classmates have buckled down and are studying very very hard, which is what I beleive is required. YOU CAN DO IT and I hope to see you soon.

ybj-lvn in Dallas, Texas

34 months ago

Is there anyone currently enrolled in the dni lvn to rn bridge program that can tell me what the prereq's are? Also, how often do they offer the program?

david in Lewisville, Texas

29 months ago

Ashlye89@yahoo.com in Arlington, Texas said: hi my name is nelly and i want to start dni..but iam sooo scared to take the enty exam...is it hard.???

I went to DNI in 2006 and haven't looked back. Right now I'm choosing a school for my R.N. bridge. Get the HESI A 2 study guide. You can get this at some college book stores. Don't be afraid of the math part this isn't the SAT . Study word problems changing fractions to decimals and to percentages and also problems like >>> 21 is X % of 8.. etc.. Study for this test. I was so nervous when i took that test and i was the first one done and I made a 95.5 so I guess you sound really smart.1. Study... then you won't worry. People respect what you're trying to do. Go take that test and stop letting doubt keep you from having an awesome career. You want to be a Nurse .. then prove it.. You can do it...

Jerod in Scottsdale, Arizona

29 months ago

youtu.be/kIcQ2JfUUck

Thinking about nursing? Think it through very carefully.

Jerod in Scottsdale, Arizona

29 months ago

youtu.be/kIcQ2JfUUck

Thinking about nursing? Think it through very carefully.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.