Need help with LVN refresher courses

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (29)

norell johnson in El Cajon, California

52 months ago

I uderstand it s been amlong time for me and i had so much going on and every time i take the boards I fell i get closer!I need help also so plz ontact me at my email jnorell@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hannah in San Leandro, California

51 months ago

Look!you wanted be a nurse why not pursue this dream.I also have a problem as you are. I am a foreign RN. I've tried taking the Boards 5 times and have not passed because of the stress my husband is imposing on me daily. I am a LVN because, of my persistant endevour towards passing the LVN and stop working as a CNA. I went back to Community College to do the RN program over but the courses I was given, is keeping me longer than expected before the applying for the program

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Valerie in Arlington, Texas

45 months ago

Monica in Long Beach, California said: I finished my LVN program almost 6 years ago. I was going through a rough period, and did not pass the NCLEX-PN. I got discouraged and did not pursue it any longer. Now that my life is in order, I want to try the test again, but because it has been a long time, I'm scared that I might have forgotten a few things. Does anyone know of a good refresher class that I could take? Or should I start the whole program again?

I would greatly appreciate any advice given. Thanks.

I say don't be discouraged! Move forward with taking the lvn refresher course. You may also be surprised of the many things that will come back to your mind. Heck, I waited for 5 yrs and passed on first try. But this was through study and diligence and most of all God's favor. In the meanwhile I was pursuing other things. Anyway go for it(study practice cd's) and take that TEST.....I hope this is helpful even those you posted your comment several months ago..not sure what you have decided.

Chrissy in Oceanside, California

43 months ago

Monica in Long Beach, California said: I finished my LVN program almost 6 years ago. I was going through a rough period, and did not pass the NCLEX-PN. I got discouraged and did not pursue it any longer. Now that my life is in order, I want to try the test again, but because it has been a long time, I'm scared that I might have forgotten a few things. Does anyone know of a good refresher class that I could take? Or should I start the whole program again?

I would greatly appreciate any advice given. Thanks.

Did you find a way to resolve the issue, Im also in a similar situation and I dont know what resources to use or where to start in getting my License???

43 months ago

Monica that is horrible. Im so sorry to hear this! Lets see check with CA BON rules and regs on that. Take the refresher course and then file an appeal to the school. I know since Ive been to lvn school things have changed but I kept myself posted of rules and regs with my state board of nursing. I pray that you will be able to apply and pass boards. keep me posted...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jo Sunday in Arlington, Texas

36 months ago

I need help finding a LVN refresher course program. I graduated 4yrs ago, did the NCLEX and didnt pass the test. I have forgotten so many things. I need help, please help me.Not a very good online person.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Yvette in Sugar Land, Texas

36 months ago

Hi Jo,
There is a program in Dallas/Plano area this coming June. Visit the Nurse Refresher website at www.phesonline.com or email phes@windstream.net for more info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

norell johnson in Mesa, Arizona

36 months ago

norell johnson in El Cajon, California said: I uderstand it s been amlong time for me and i had so much going on and every time i take the boards I fell i get closer!I need help also so plz ontact me at my email jnorell@yahoo.com

please anyone help me its been 9 years i took it 7 times should i give up

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Valerie in Dallas, Texas

36 months ago

Norell,
When did you take this test 7times? They should be able to tell you which area you are deficient in. You've spent alot of money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mary in Tampa, Florida

36 months ago

norell johnson in Mesa, Arizona said: ive out of school for 8 years took the test 7 times should i give up ?

There should be a college in your area offering a "crash course" in preparation for the test. Google what you are looking for) or call the college (the program director at the college) and ask.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jnorell@yahoo.com in Mesa, Arizona

36 months ago

hello valerie yes i have spent a tone of money in this ive been out of school since 2003 and ive token it very year in california and yes they showed me the area where i did wrong whats the crazy thing about it i might take the test and do good then the next time i take it i did bad in that area its crazy i am so close too giving up but its my dreams what do i do and thank you for responding !

36 months ago

valeria ive token the test in ca i am soooo sad i spent a tone of money so ready too give up but its my dreams what shall i do?

36 months ago

Wow Arizona! Im sorry to hear that. Now tell me the ways in which you've studied. I would love to help you and see you pass. Do you have fear of tests or any anxiety issues going on also? What job are you currently in now? Not trying to pry but just
trying to assist...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

hello, valerie thank you so much for responding i do have fear off failing i am very spiritual and i believe in god with all my heart i hope one day too pass. My thing i dont know if its for me i have token it a lot of times and ive been through class too help me and studied cd'S that are great i think i wait too long i take it every year only because it takes so much out of me too take it and hear the disappiontment it so diffuclt too pursue my goal when all i keep getting let down i have been a cna for 11 years ever since high school i have wanted too be a nurse i love too help ppl i would love your input thanks so much bye the way i just moved too arizona ive been hear for 5 months i lived in sandiego ca my hole life ! you think i should retake the class out hear in arizona

36 months ago

Norell,
Im originally from Cali but I have not been there in years. I hope you are enjoying Arizona. Yes, I think you should retake the class in Arizona and take the boards right after(absolutely). May give you a brighter outlook being in a different state and taking boards elsewhere. But whatever stress you are under please eliminate from your life at least mind for testing purpose and of course God's given purpose for you:~) One other thing I did was to study the RN CD's. I didnt have to buy..I just went to the medical center which educate students to become nurses and doctors..to their library. I went directly to the nursing division and practiced. Be sure to know all of your lab values like you know your name. Get busy..time to pass.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

thank you so much valerie i did find that the rn cds where more helpful i have one i AM JUST NOT sure how mANY ? too study andfor how long? do you have any suggustions on what lenght of time too study before takieng the exam over

36 months ago

Yeah dont study for a long period of time. study for 2 weeks-5 days each week for 2 hours per day. If needed take a break between the 2 hours..however you want to do it. How many? Depends on CD..you will need to cover all the categories like med surg, peds, etc. If there is anything specifically on critical thinking..that will be very helpful to you. THAT may be where the problem lie....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

thank you so much valerie you have been so helpful too me thank you so much iam countinue my gourney of my way of passing my boards i thank you for responding thanks !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Valerie in Dallas, Texas

36 months ago

Let me know how things go and get good rest night before:-)
Oh! Dont study nite bfore either...

Debbie in San Diego, California

34 months ago

Does anyone know of any vocational nursing refresher courses in San Diego? I want to get back into nursing and need to take a course sit for the boards again. I held a license many years ago but let it go thinking I wouldn't be in the field again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

norell johnson in Mesa, Arizona

34 months ago

yes there is a good one called life savers check them out !

Valerie in Dallas, Texas

33 months ago

Hi Norell,
How are things going? Do keep your vision open for other career opportunities as well. It is not the end of the world if you are not a nurse. Please DO NOT let it hold you up from having some other great career...there are many with great pay.

jnorell2yahoo.com in Mesa, Arizona

33 months ago

hello valeria i am doing well and yes there are many different fields but my heart is nurseing that is all i ever wanted too be my faith well have too build on the lord and know throght him everything is possible please be praying for me as i do for you

NEWCPT-1 in Buena Park, California

31 months ago

Hi Monica,

I am in the same predicament as you. Did you ever redo the course or are you still going to attempt to do a refresher course? Ive read reviews on Lifesavers LPN reviews and I have also personally met someone who had trouble passing multiple times and she took this course and passed. I'll be around if you want to chat about this :0) Good Luck and hope to hear from ya.

Jen in Arlington, Texas

25 months ago

norell johnson in Mesa, Arizona said: please anyone help me its been 9 years i took it 7 times should i give up

Never give up!

Mrs McGee in Dallas, Texas

23 months ago

I never heard of Lifesavers LPN reviews. Do they have a website? I tried 3 times to pass the ENCLEX. It's been 9 yrs but I still want so bad to become a nurse. Any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

norelljohnson in Goodyear, Arizona

23 months ago

hello mrs mcgee i also have been tryin gtoo pass my lpn boards i have token that class from life savers its great if yo just graduated from school but not if you have been out of school for a while i suggest that u find a re-entry school where the classes are more then 3 days ! try too fimd a school in your state they have them all over and good luck ! one thing i say never give up !

norelljohnson in Goodyear, Arizona

23 months ago

sorry alot of typo error ;-)

valerie in Fort Worth, Texas

23 months ago

Advice: To all who have not passed and its been several years, well consider repeating the course. Why not?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.