Unitek College announces its LVN to RN Associate Degree Nursing Transition Program

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 102)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Deborah Griffith in Oakland, California

85 months ago

I don't have microbiology. Any suggestions for acquiring this class before the next session begins.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (125) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

maninder kaur in Alameda, California

82 months ago

Deborah Griffith in Oakland, California said: I don't have microbiology. Any suggestions for acquiring this class before the next session begins.

i want to take this class

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

ramandeep in Alameda, California

82 months ago

i wanna do RN nursing can you please tell me the processer how i can enrollment for RN nursing in your college. i already graduate high school so please reply me back as soon as possiable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (101) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Donna Nichols

81 months ago

I am onterested in obtaining information for your LVN to RN would you please forward me the infromation concerning classes I may need before entering the program

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (105) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

Anetia Johnson in Newark, California

81 months ago

I'm interested in your LVN to RN program would you please forward me the information concerning the school and what I the frquirements are to enter your program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (69) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Anetia Johnson in Newark, California

81 months ago

I'm interested in your LVN to RN program would you please send me information regarding your program, and when will the next begin. What is your requirements

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Tanya Gipson in San Jose, California

78 months ago

I would like information on your LVN to RN transition program. I have completed all pre-requisites except Microbiology. What are your requirements? Cost?
Please contact me by email: tanya_gipson@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Tanya Gipson

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Dan Castaneda /Winchester Convalescent H in San Jose, California

78 months ago

Tanya Gipson in San Jose, California said: I would like information on your LVN to RN transition program. I have completed all pre-requisites except Microbiology. What are your requirements? Cost?
Please contact me by email: tanya_gipson@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Tanya Gipson

Tanya. This is Dan. If you don't want to spend money. Just go to Mission College and ask a counselor to help you.Mission College has a pilot program with Cabrillo College and cheaper way to get you RN without getting sponsorship. You probably have to take the microbiology in Mission College.then apply in RN program. There are 2 more semester after completing microbiology and you are done.You don't have to spend a lot of money probably at least 4 to 5 thousand dollars compared to a private school (28k) just time and preseverance only.bye.e-mail me back if you got time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

arlene waters in San Francisco, California

76 months ago

im interested in your Rn program! i've been longing for this moment! i'm very excited! How much is the tuition fee? By the way i've been an Lvn for five years i need a break to go to RN. Pls help me. i need more info. im a single parent is there any financial aid?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Gaurav Malhotra in Berkeley, California

76 months ago

Unitek college offeer LVN TO RN transition but its cost is $ 37000 .
If u have LVN licence then u can go to RN. I am living san jose and i am already in LVN program from private collage called IME DEDU. Its in san jose downtown.
Its 1 year course not includin prereq. If u want to take pre req they also offers.
There are 4 pre req classses. 1 Anatomy and Phyc 2 General Psychology 3 Development and growth. 4 Human Nutrition. If u already done this classes from college. then u can direct enter in LVN program. Prgram cost is 22000 $. And if u want address then its in their website WWW.IMEDEDU.COM
Guys whether u go to lvn or RN program. Dont tnink that u need to pay x amount of money,,later u will earn it all back. ANd its a good deal fast track program.. If u go college u will hang there and waste ur time. so better go private. if u have any question ask me,,, gauravmalhotra1@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ali waseeq in Houston, Texas

74 months ago

I m lvn for the last 12 years working at a nursing home here in houston there is long list to get into Rn program I did all pre-req in 1990 I did a/p in 1980,what you suggest for me ,since I m on Tx licence,do I have to changr my licence to california state.I like to attend on campus class rather to waste time n online

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Angelina in Monterey, California

74 months ago

Dan Castaneda /Winchester Convalescent H in San Jose, California said: Tanya. This is Dan. If you don't want to spend money. Just go to Mission College and ask a counselor to help you.Mission College has a pilot program with Cabrillo College and cheaper way to get you RN without getting sponsorship. You probably have to take the microbiology in Mission College.then apply in RN program. There are 2 more semester after completing microbiology and you are done.You don't have to spend a lot of money probably at least 4 to 5 thousand dollars compared to a private school (28k) just time and preseverance only.bye.e-mail me back if you got time.

Is there a waitlist,,,what kind of pilot program do they have??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Maren in Rancho Cucamonga, California

72 months ago

I have completed all my prerequisites in order to be accepted into an LVN or RN program. The only problem is all the community colleges in my area have ridiculous wait lists of up to three years just to get into the LVN program. Would anyone happen to know a good private college in the Inland Empire area where I can finish my schooling quick?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Angee in Chino Hills, California

72 months ago

Maren in Rancho Cucamonga, California said: I have completed all my prerequisites in order to be accepted into an LVN or RN program. The only problem is all the community colleges in my area have ridiculous wait lists of up to three years just to get into the LVN program. Would anyone happen to know a good private college in the Inland Empire area where I can finish my schooling quick?

Here is a possible options for you that I rec'd from a healthcare job fair:

Riverside County Regional Medical Center has a program called 20/20 Program - LVN to RN
Contact information:
- Bill Murphy - Program Coordinator for RCC -
951-222-8000/ext. 4186
- Fabiola Thomas - Program Coordinator for RCRMC -
951-486-4807
Here is an excerpt from information posting:

The Riverside County Regional Medical Center (RCRMC) has partnered with Riverside Community College (RCC) to establish a transition program for LVN's who are continuing their education to become RN's. Acceptance into the 20/20 Program is based upon employment status with the County of Riverside.

To become eligible for this program, the following requirements must be met:

Current Licensed Vocational Nurse; Complete a 20/20 Program Application at RCC; Successfully completed the following educational pre-requisites: Microbiology, A & P 2A&2B,Psychology 9, Chemistry, Nursing 17(within one year of enrollment), Advance Placement Challege Exam (students are given two opportunities to take & pass exam)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Angee in Chino Hills, California

72 months ago

Maren in Rancho Cucamonga, California said: I have completed all my prerequisites in order to be accepted into an LVN or RN program. The only problem is all the community colleges in my area have ridiculous wait lists of up to three years just to get into the LVN program. Would anyone happen to know a good private college in the Inland Empire area where I can finish my schooling quick?

Additonal information from the healthcare job fair:

Also, there will be a new private school coming to Ontario that will have a LVN to RN program called West Coast University est 1909.
Their website is: www.westcoastuniversity.edu

I am not aware of the cost or their reputation but you should be prepare to pay quite a bit for a private institution.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

DD in Dallas, Texas

72 months ago

Hello is this Unitek school an online thing. Also has anyone completed any lvn to BSN bridge, how was it especially the clinicals. Give me some feedback, feedback.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Nykeetha Dent in Houston, Texas

72 months ago

I am interested in the LVN to RN program. Can you send my some information on how to enroll

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kel in Oakland, California

72 months ago

Gaurav Malhotra in Berkeley, California said: Unitek college offeer LVN TO RN transition but its cost is $ 37000 .
If u have LVN licence then u can go to RN. I am living san jose and i am already in LVN program from private collage called IME DEDU. Its in san jose downtown.
Its 1 year course not includin prereq. If u want to take pre req they also offers.
There are 4 pre req classses. 1 Anatomy and Phyc 2 General Psychology 3 Development and growth. 4 Human Nutrition. If u already done this classes from college. then u can direct enter in LVN program. Prgram cost is 22000 $. And if u want address then its in their website WWW.IMEDEDU.COM
Guys whether u go to lvn or RN program. Dont tnink that u need to pay x amount of money,,later u will earn it all back. ANd its a good deal fast track program.. If u go college u will hang there and waste ur time. so better go private. if u have any question ask me,,, gauravmalhotra1@yahoo.com

Hi there!!
Are you the first batch or second batch at IME??
I'm also attending IME, 3 more month then i'll be done!
Did you take you NCLEX yet??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

patt judd in Cookeville, Tennessee

71 months ago

I am presently a lpn in Tennessee, i have taken , bio 101 102 soc 100, phy 204, bio 210 204, english 101 and 102 psy 120 , Micro , antomy and phy11, and have passed 5 classes the excelsior college over 5 years ago, does anyone no off a collage that will except this on line and let me finish waht i startd, thanks i need help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Grace in Burlingame, California

71 months ago

patt judd in Cookeville, Tennessee said: I am presently a lpn in Tennessee, i have taken , bio 101 102 soc 100, phy 204, bio 210 204, english 101 and 102 psy 120 , Micro , antomy and phy11, and have passed 5 classes the excelsior college over 5 years ago, does anyone no off a collage that will except this on line and let me finish waht i startd, thanks i need help

Try Indiana State University. You can do a LPN-RN or BSN online through them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Anna in Covina California in West Covina, California

71 months ago

hello,is there any way one can take anatomy,physiology and microbiology without having to take the maths english and chemistry?i really want to enrol in an lvn to rn program in february,but that will never happen if i have to take englist math and chemistry before taking microbiology.all i need to enter the prog is anatomy ,physiology and microbiology.i can do those in a semester.

please help me if you know where i can take these courses

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

thanks alot grace;i already clep english and sociology but the college i applied to take microbiology will not give me credit for the clep courses.i really don't have a problem clepping chem and maths

71 months ago

Will the college accept an online class? I mean there are some offered online I think cause I need micro and anatomy also. I know Excelsior offers those classes online, I just am not sure if they are accepted everywhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

thanks alot grace,im going to drive down there and have fist class information on this online thing.i'll really love to do micro without having to take maths and chem.online micro will be just perfect for me cos i'm on the internete all day at work.so are you taking online micro?let me know please.good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Well I wasn't sure, cause I want do the Indiana State U BSN, so I need to call to see if they accept it but I'm sure they do! Let me know what you find out! I'm anxious to be an RN!

bgailm9420@yahoo.com in Irving, Texas

71 months ago

I am ready to get started;I wasted enough time. please tell me how

patt judd in Cookeville, Tennessee

71 months ago

i am ready to start, where is Unitek collage

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

anna in Covina, California

71 months ago

hello everyone,has anybody ever heard of CAL CAMPUS? I'm trying to take micro with them.another question..is microbiology same as fundamentals of microbiology? any inputs will be highly appreciated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DEE in Claremont, California

67 months ago

HELLO JUST WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT LOMA LINDA UNIVERSITY HAS A LVN TO RN PROGRAM. WITH ALL YOUR PRERG. DONE IT WILL ONLY TAKE YOU 8 MONTHS. GIVE IT A CALL.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

beth Sure in Daly City, California

66 months ago

I just passed my LVN exam and would like to get referrals for LVN to RN school. I have taken the prerequisite except Microbiology. Community College takes forever. I am looking for a school within the Bay Area.

Rhod in Santa Rosa, California

65 months ago

DEE in Claremont, California said: HELLO JUST WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT LOMA LINDA UNIVERSITY HAS A LVN TO RN PROGRAM. WITH ALL YOUR PRERG. DONE IT WILL ONLY TAKE YOU 8 MONTHS. GIVE IT A CALL.

Thats interesting; I looked into Loma Linda and was told they have a LVN to BSN program but as a university they dont offer two year degrees, only 4 year.
Basicaly they give you credit(as an LVN) for three quarters of the first year(the school has four quarters a year instead of 3 semesters). At the end of the second year you are able to sit for the board, but you dont get a degree from them. To get a degree (BSN) you have to go all the way to the end of the fourth year. That is what the counsler told me 6 months ago. I really hope my info is wrong becouse I would love it if they have started offering RN!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

JESS G in California

65 months ago

CONGRATS 2U GIRLFRIEND ON PASSING UR NCLEX I'M STILL WAITING 4 MY PAPERWORK TO COME BACK. HAPPY NEW YEARS N'GOOD LUCK IN UR "NEW" PROFESSION!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

beth Sure in Pacifica, California

65 months ago

Thanks for the info. I will try to research it.

JACKIE in Los Angeles, California

64 months ago

Do I need to finish all my prerequisites in order to get into LVN at a community college?? or can I just take LVN at any community college without the prerequistes? please help thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Garey in Redlands, California

64 months ago

Angee in Chino Hills, California said: *******

Additonal information from the healthcare job fair:

Also, there will be a new private school coming to Ontario that will have a LVN to RN program called West Coast University est 1909.
Their website is: www.westcoastuniversity.edu

I am not aware of the cost or their reputation but you should be prepare to pay quite a bit for a private institution.

I talked to them on the phone and they cost $67,000 for lvn to RN. (YES 67,000.) I was willing to pay 26,000 for my LVN school(even though I thought it was alot at the time) but that price for RN is nuts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anna in Monrovia, California

64 months ago

67,000 is rediculos.i tried everest college too,but still contemplating on starting in june.theirs is 45 thousand.did you summit applications to all community colleges nearby/i think u should try that route..some do lottery selection and u don't have to wait.i'm going that route

anna in Baldwin Park, California

60 months ago

i will be going to unitek, any comments

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

galindoreyes@yahoo.com

60 months ago

what is unitek?

Crystal in Walnut Creek, California

60 months ago

gee. i am planning to go to unitek college. any comments about unitek?

JohnR in Cupertino, California

60 months ago

Deborah Griffith in Oakland, California said: I don't have microbiology. Any suggestions for acquiring this class before the next session begins.

I have been reading this thread and thought that people should be aware that Unitek is not a Nationally Accredited college. Yes, they are accredited with the California State Board of Nursing so you will be able to board for your license once you graduate. Later on if you want to transfer into a University for a degree in nursing (BSN) that is where you will hit a wall. This can be verified at the U.S Department of Educations website and I suggest everyone to check out the school they are considering before they spend a ton of money. ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx

Bethsure in Redwood City, California

60 months ago

Thanks for clarifying that subject matter since everybody wants to do accelerated transition to RN but hence this school charges a lot of money. I am one of the LVN who is trying to get into transition to RN for a minimal fee.
Mahalo Nui Loa
Maribeth

anxioushelp1 in Irving, Texas

58 months ago

Dan Castaneda /Winchester Convalescent H in San Jose, California said: Tanya. This is Dan. If you don't want to spend money. Just go to Mission College and ask a counselor to help you.Mission College has a pilot program with Cabrillo College and cheaper way to get you RN without getting sponsorship. You probably have to take the microbiology in Mission College.then apply in RN program. There are 2 more semester after completing microbiology and you are done.You don't have to spend a lot of money probably at least 4 to 5 thousand dollars compared to a private school (28k) just time and preseverance only.bye.e-mail me back if you got time.

Hi everyone!

Is there anyone here who can give me information on how to sit for the LVN without going to school? First of all what is the difference between LPN and LVN? I was a foreign graduate RN general nursing and OBGYN. Please help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

vivi in Oakland, California

58 months ago

hi, I am interested in LVN or RN program. I have a B.A degree but is wondering which school has the least prerequisite to get in the programs? I don't want to spend tons of money, and my ideal is going to a Community College. Also, in terms of the job market, does LVN fresh grad manage to find a job easily? Thanks for sharing your experience

aniram717 in Oakland, California

58 months ago

vivi in Oakland, California said: hi, I am interested in LVN or RN program. I have a B.A degree but is wondering which school has the least prerequisite to get in the programs? I don't want to spend tons of money, and my ideal is going to a Community College. Also, in terms of the job market, does LVN fresh grad manage to find a job easily? Thanks for sharing your experience

I'm a newly licensed LVN. I've only been looking for a month but every place I apply to says they are not hiring. I'm getting frustrated. If I don't find anything by the end of the summer I will probably move out of state.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

vivi in Oakland, California

58 months ago

aniram717 in Oakland, California said: I'm a newly licensed LVN. I've only been looking for a month but every place I apply to says they are not hiring. I'm getting frustrated. If I don't find anything by the end of the summer I will probably move out of state.

did you find jobs from the government websites? I am thinking to do LVN, but is really afraid that I can't find a job afterward. Also, I'll be moving to LA in a year, so I really don't know whether I should apply there or here.

anxioushelp1 in Irving, Texas

58 months ago

I feel your frustration as I am in the same situation. I have been working in the school as a Teacher Aide and then last year I was laid off. There seem to be just no work for me...I am thinking of going back to nursing instead of pursuing my certification.

I had a foreign RN and OBGYN and expired certification. I am thinking of challenging the State Board Exam for LVN and later to RN. Would anyone help me out with this information if this is possible or do I have to start from all the way to the very beginning? Thank you and hoping to have a reply:-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

aniram717 in Oakland, California

58 months ago

vivi in Oakland, California said: did you find jobs from the government websites? I am thinking to do LVN, but is really afraid that I can't find a job afterward. Also, I'll be moving to LA in a year, so I really don't know whether I should apply there or here.

Really, I think it is bad everywhere in CA. From what I understand, the VA is largely on a hiring freeze. I have called so many places today and very few are hiring. A handful have part-time positions. I have applied to 20 places over the last month without a single call back. I call to follow through but I am told the same thing. I have applied for endorsement in North Carolina since my brother lives there. I'll give it until the end of summer but if I am still jobless, I will have to move.

Jokongkong LVN in San Mateo, California

58 months ago

aniram717 in Oakland, California said: I'm a newly licensed LVN. I've only been looking for a month but every place I apply to says they are not hiring. I'm getting frustrated. If I don't find anything by the end of the summer I will probably move out of state.

Try Agency, Hospice Care, Skilled Facility, Convalescent, or Nursing Home.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jokongkong LVN in San Mateo, California

58 months ago

CLEP TEST. Excelsior. Other Online.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

evel76 in Los Angeles, California

58 months ago

Hello everyone,

I am also a new lvn grad. I have been looking for a job for a month now here is los angeles, ca. Everywhere that i have applied ask for experience (6 months to 1 year). I cannot believe this........t. I have no money left and no job of any kind. I tried homehealth, hospitals, agencies, LTC and nothing comes up. I really don't know what to do anymore. I feel like i wasted my time doing the lvn, and i want to do the rn program but i honestly from what money. If i dont find a job of any kind, i will go crazy........ sorry for all of these info but i am just frustrated....

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.