lvn colleges in texas not requesting perequsites.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 385)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

mary in Baytown, Texas

85 months ago

hi,i need to find a lvn school not online please. i am in HOuston Texas and i ave been to Hcc but they want me to take up to about 4 subjects and that doesnt even mean that i will be accepted into the program.please can anyone help me by telling me schools to go,i am desperate and i wanna start by early next year,that means i have to submit everythibg this year, please help.thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (236) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

Cherry in Houston, Texas

84 months ago

mary in Baytown, Texas said: hi,i need to find a lvn school not online please. i am in HOuston Texas and i ave been to Hcc but they want me to take up to about 4 subjects and that doesnt even mean that i will be accepted into the program.please can anyone help me by telling me schools to go,i am desperate and i wanna start by early next year,that means i have to submit everythibg this year, please help.thanks

I just graduated from HCC LVN program, and there are no prerequisites unless they changed something since i graduated exactly one month ago. Maybe ur confused. You need some clarification. Call and check with them again. Have you gone to a seminar. The RN program asks for prereqs, not LVN. Just a passing net test score.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (69) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Ayanna in Carrboro, North Carolina

84 months ago

Is this program Online as well

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Cherry in Houston, Texas

84 months ago

Ayanna in Carrboro, North Carolina said: Is this program Online as well

No, HCC doesn't have an online program. I don't know that there are online LVN programs in TX.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie in Dallas, Texas

84 months ago

Navarro College does not require pre reqs for their lvn program, they have locations in Waxahachie, Corcicana,and Mexia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ayanna in Winton, North Carolina

84 months ago

Are there any LVN or LPN online.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (94) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

MARIA in Kingwood, Texas

83 months ago

ARE THERE ANY LVN-RN TRANSITION COLLEGES THAT DONT ASK FOR YOU TO RETAKE BIOL EVERY 5 YEARS??? PLEASSSSSE GIVE ME UR IMPUT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

SEE9626 in Conroe, Texas

82 months ago

mary30 in Houston, Texas said: please let me know of any lvn programs here other than hcc something like a year program been here 2 month and i have got no where maybe someone from houston area would know more, when i ask about lvn, people refer me to a medical assistant program that's not what i want, i have taken lvn classes in my home state, please help where should i go, what should i do. mwtjj5@yahoo.com.

Have you tried the LVN Program that is in Huntsville Memoral Hospital? Its a bit of a drive from Houston (about an hour), but its a 1 year program. www.huntsvillememorial.com/set_nursing.htm

Its tough to get into, very competitive...but I've heard nothing but good things about it. You do have to pass a test that has biology, chemistry, human anatomy, etc...normal college science classes should prepare you for taking the pre-test. It's encouraged to take those classes, however, not required from my understanding. Classes start in January and you graduate that December. The classes that start this January are already booked. PVAMU backs up this program as you will see from the website.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cherry in Houston, Texas

82 months ago

There is Wharton junior college, Alvin junior college,North Harris, San Jacinto, College of the Mainland, Lamar. All of these are local 1 year programs. I graduated from HCC in August. Why has it been so hard to find a program for you. You shouldn't have to drive all over TX to go to class. Have you gone to BNE.TX.website and looked at the list of all the LVN schools in Texas. All of the ones i named are the local public ones. There are even a few private ones i've heard. Look at the board website like i'm telling you, and see the stats and all, so you can make an informed decision. HCC is a good school by the way. I'm running circles around most of these other nurses. LVNs and RNs alike. Good Luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cherry in Houston, Texas

82 months ago

I beleive you have one year post graduation from any LVN school in TX to take boards, and become licensed. After 22 years, nursing has changed sooooo much, I can't see any refresher course doing any good. My aunt was actually licensed as an LVN, and let her license expire for 11 years, and the board won't even let her renew it now, because of the length of time, so she is now enrolled in college again to get her license all over again. Check with the board though just to be sure. Good luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hi in Fort Worth, Texas

81 months ago

Maria in Dallas, Texas said: I did my LVN school at a community college, graduated, but didn't get my license. This has been about 22 years ago. Does any one know what i would have to do if i want to get my license now. i have heard of a refresher course to take before boards but where do i start????

going back to school....SORRY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

IRIS DOMINGUEZ in Wichita Falls, Texas

81 months ago

hi in Fort Worth, Texas said: going back to school....SORRY

why sorry? would't you like to be an LVN and be someone in life im 16 and im already looking for colleges that i can attend but of course idon't want to be an LVN i want to be a RN. but i guess good luck with your license and with life..........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

how can i get info on becoming a registered nurse? can someone give me any websites that can help me or some info on courses that i can take now. i have one college credit already which i got during my 9th grade, i took HST & Med-terms to get this credit and i was informed that it will count for one college credit in any college but it will only be valid if i use it to be in any medical field class. i guess that's a start but i really need some advice is it possible that i can take college courses nowthat im a junior in high school so that i can get a headstart in college. my school here in bowie doesn't offer any medical classes what can i do i really want to star working on my degree. HELP ME PLEASE SOMEBODY.................

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

im in so much need of advice like i said there are no courses that i can take here in my school how can i start on my degree i really need some help can someone be kind enough to give me some advice on what to do PLEASE.......................

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cherry in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

You could check if your school has dual credit courses. These count for HS and college credit. Most community colleges offer A and P couses part 1 and 2, also maybe some other biologies. You will need College English for a nursing degree as well. Check with your counseler or the community college counseler. Good luck, nursing is a wonderful career!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

REGINA E in Fort Worth, Texas

80 months ago

mary in Baytown, Texas said: hi,i need to find a lvn school not online please. i am in HOuston Texas and i ave been to Hcc but they want me to take up to about 4 subjects and that doesnt even mean that i will be accepted into the program.please can anyone help me by telling me schools to go,i am desperate and i wanna start by early next year,that means i have to submit everythibg this year, please help.thanks

go to a private accredited nursing school but the one i know of is about 4 hours away from houston it is in dallas tx,and name is DALLAS NURSING INSTITUTEM I GRADUAED FROM THERE SEPT 07 AND PASS MY BOARDS IN 3 WEEKS, SO GIVE THEM A TRIAL AND THINK ABOUT STAYING IN DALLAS FOR THAT ONE YEAR MEN I DID IT WHEN I WAS DESPARATE AND IT WORKED.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

PAM in Fort Worth, Texas

80 months ago

IRIS DOMINGUEZ in Wichita Falls, Texas said: im in so much need of advice like i said there are no courses that i can take here in my school how can i start on my degree i really need some help can someone be kind enough to give me some advice on what to do PLEASE.......................

CHECK WITH THE BOARD OF NURSING IN AUSTIN WITH YOUR QUESTIONS. THEY CAN SEND YOU INFO ON ALL YOUR QUESTIONS. ALSO TRY THEIR WEBSITE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anna in Odessa, Texas

80 months ago

does anyone know of an online lvn course?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Pilar Oyerinde in Stone Mountain, Georgia

80 months ago

I was working as a nurse for 8 years in Mexico here Iam working as a PCT. Now for 5 Years, let me know if somebody can help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Diana in Dallas, Texas

80 months ago

Please contact your state's official state board of nursing, there are many accredited schools and each one has their own pre-requistes. Pick at least two and research their curriculum and pass/fail ratio to make your decision.Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chana in Royse City,Tx, Texas

80 months ago

I recently received some information on Dallas Nursing Institute. I am currently a Registered Medical Assistant. I would like to continue my education to LVN. I don't think this school is for me. I only want to take the classes I need. I have taken a lot for my MA program. I know someonw that got his LVN by only spending 2,000. This school is 18,500, for 13-16 months. Is there something else I can do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Pilar Oyerinde in Tucker, Georgia

79 months ago

The only problem is I can not move from Georgia, to Texas because my husband, wokr at CDC.
Iam just want a job that helps me to grow and moves forwards,
However Iam not sure that speak spanish is all I nead, but tks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bendu in Houston, Texas

79 months ago

Cherry in Houston, Texas said: I just graduated from HCC LVN program, and there are no prerequisites unless they changed something since i graduated exactly one month ago. Maybe ur confused. You need some clarification. Call and check with them again. Have you gone to a seminar. The RN program asks for prereqs, not LVN. Just a passing net test score.

I have attended the seminar, but the college over here requires to have prereq and more, so I am taking Medication Aid program right now, so can you tell me where I can go to take the test and start my program, please?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Cherry

79 months ago

Well ive heard that they are now requiring you to take a couple of prereqs. You can speak with a counseler at any HCC campus and they will give you the necessary paperwork, as well as enter you into the system to take the NET test. They will be able to help you get a schedule of the testing sites and locations. They usually have discussed these things at the seminar. Good luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jenn in Baytown, Texas

79 months ago

SanJacinto College offers an LVN program that does not require prerequesites. They are "first come, first serve" and they still have a pretty good passing rate. Get on their website now, I don't know how ofthen they start their program (once or twice a year) here's thier website--www.sanjac.edu/program/nursing.html

Pretty much every other college in the area requires 1 semester of prerequesites and like you said the classes don't gaurentee you to be accepted.

I went to Lee College and got my certificate in 1993-4. It's a great school, but there were a lot of hoops to jump through. I have also had the priviledge of working with fellow LVN's that graduated from San Jac and their knowledge is very good. Check it out, and GOOD LUCK!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Vicki

79 months ago

Maria in Dallas, Texas said: I did my LVN school at a community college, graduated, but didn't get my license. This has been about 22 years ago. Does any one know what i would have to do if i want to get my license now. i have heard of a refresher course to take before boards but where do i start????

You have to take the LVN program over again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Missy in Dallas, Texas

79 months ago

Chana in Royse City,Tx, Texas said: I recently received some information on Dallas Nursing Institute. I am currently a Registered Medical Assistant. I would like to continue my education to LVN. I don't think this school is for me. I only want to take the classes I need. I have taken a lot for my MA program. I know someonw that got his LVN by only spending 2,000. This school is 18,500, for 13-16 months. Is there something else I can do?

YES, go to El Centro in Dallas. I don't think it is expensive at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Missy in Dallas, Texas

79 months ago

MARIA in Kingwood, Texas said: ARE THERE ANY LVN-RN TRANSITION COLLEGES THAT DONT ASK FOR YOU TO RETAKE BIOL EVERY 5 YEARS??? PLEASSSSSE GIVE ME UR IMPUT.

YES, TWU in Dallas does not have a time limit on science and math classes. Yeah, that is why I chose that school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

lisa in Venus, Texas

78 months ago

Iwaslooking for a RN school close to where I live but I found a place in arlington called (M&M nurse Review center) might be what you are looking for

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

erykah in Texas City, Texas

78 months ago

does anybody know if el centro in dallas
has a lvn program or any other lvn programs
in dallas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Enca in Spring, Texas

78 months ago

I was previously enrolled in two different LVN programs here in houston years ago, and let work get in my way of completing . I'm now ready to start and finish LVN program. Does anyone know where i can apply ?? are there any hospital based programs anyone know about??

thanks,

e

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DOT in Dallas, Texas

77 months ago

REGINA E in Fort Worth, Texas said: go to a private accredited nursing school but the one i know of is about 4 hours away from houston it is in dallas tx,and name is DALLAS NURSING INSTITUTEM I GRADUAED FROM THERE SEPT 07 AND PASS MY BOARDS IN 3 WEEKS, SO GIVE THEM A TRIAL AND THINK ABOUT STAYING IN DALLAS FOR THAT ONE YEAR MEN I DID IT WHEN I WAS DESPARATE AND IT WORKED.

I AM THINKING OF GOING TO THAT SCHOOL ...HOW WAS YOUR EXPERIENCE AND WERE YOU ABLE TO FIND A JOB

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Christina in Lewisville, Texas

77 months ago

That would be too long... You would have to start all over. theres no way that you can get a "refresher" of classes you took 22 years ago!!!! DONT be ridicioulos.. if you honestly thought that, you shouldnt be a nurse...
*Christina -Nurse practitioner
*rn instructor

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

becky n in Katy, Texas

77 months ago

DOT in Dallas, Texas said: I AM THINKING OF GOING TO THAT SCHOOL ...HOW WAS YOUR EXPERIENCE AND WERE YOU ABLE TO FIND A JOB

HELLO DID U FIND A JOB I AM IN MA SCHOOL IN HOUSTON BUT IF I COULD GET IN THERE IT WOULD BE GREAT WHAT WERE THE REQIREMENTS WAS IT HARD TO GET IN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

becky n in Katy, Texas

77 months ago

sQueak in Plain_O, Texas said: PLEASE HELP!!!
Has anyone heard about, currently enrolled @, or graduated from Dallas Nursing Institute (aka DNI or NTPCI)? Or maybe Platt College in Dallas TX? Are these reputable schools? I would like to get my LVN as soon as possible. I was enrolled @ Sanford Brown, that was a waste of time and money ( for anyone considering that dump). So, I am trying to do a little more research this time.

Thanx

iam in ma school not that one but why was a a waste did u finish did u get skills

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

sQueak in Plain_O, Texas

77 months ago

The school I mentioned is all about the money. We were just numbers to them. There was no real concern about the quality of education unless, of course, you tried to withdraw. The classes were over crowded, school and supplies are rundown. I knew more than some of the teachers. The student library consisted of three working computers and a leaning bookshelf with out-of-date manuals. I could go on, but I'm sure you get the picture.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

becky in Katy, Texas

77 months ago

sQueak in Plain_O, Texas said: The school I mentioned is all about the money. We were just numbers to them. There was no real concern about the quality of education unless, of course, you tried to withdraw. The classes were over crowded, school and supplies are rundown. I knew more than some of the teachers. The student library consisted of three working computers and a leaning bookshelf with out-of-date manuals. I could go on, but I'm sure you get the picture.

thank you so much i think i will finish the medical assistant program first and continue my prerequistes for rn school. did u finish the school and are u employed as a lvn at this time?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bendu in Houston, Texas

76 months ago

No, it's not hard. I am a MA now. I went over to St. Jacinto college and took thier test for thier LVN program so I am waiting. It was reading and math. It was pretty intense so please read and read before taking thier test.

Bendu in Houston, Texas

76 months ago

Cherry in Houston, Texas said: I just graduated from HCC LVN program, and there are no prerequisites unless they changed something since i graduated exactly one month ago. Maybe ur confused. You need some clarification. Call and check with them again. Have you gone to a seminar. The RN program asks for prereqs, not LVN. Just a passing net test score.

What is the NET?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sQueak in Plain_O, Texas

76 months ago

I am curently enrolled at DNI. So far so good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

becky n in Katy, Texas

76 months ago

HOW LONG HAVE U BEEN A STUDENT AND WHAT DO U MEAN SO FAR SO GOOD . HOW DOES THE EQUIPMENT LOOK AND HOW ABOUT THE LIBRARY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

curious in Carrollton, Texas

76 months ago

www.allnursingschools.com/find/Texas/nursing-schools.php/?src=trl_ans

Here maybe this will help. Try searching for yourself and calling the schools to actually find out what's required because some of the information on the websites can be outdated....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

aMY in Mesquite, Texas

76 months ago

sQueak in Plain_O, Texas said: PLEASE HELP!!!
Has anyone heard about, currently enrolled @, or graduated from Dallas Nursing Institute (aka DNI or NTPCI)? Or maybe Platt College in Dallas TX? Are these reputable schools? I would like to get my LVN as soon as possible. I was enrolled @ Sanford Brown, that was a waste of time and money ( for anyone considering that dump). So, I am trying to do a little more research this time.

Thanx

wHAT WAS WRONG with Sanford and brown I was considering the sonogram course or lvn.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sQueak in Plain_O, Texas

76 months ago

I already replied to the same question. To summarize my disappointment, most teachers either didn't care or were not qualified to teach, no computer lab or library, campus was run down and trashy, and classes are over crowded. no entrance test so ANYONE can go...they dumb down the curriculum, which would not be helpful when trying to compete for a job. They make you take the MA program before you can get in to the sonographer program(which still does not guarantee you a seat). All about the money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

chereed04 in Houston, Texas

76 months ago

anna in Odessa, Texas said: does anyone know of an online lvn course?

Anna there is no online course for nursing. you have to get your classroom time and lab time. you have to attend school for LVN. there's no way around it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

DIANA in Houston, Texas

76 months ago

MY LICENSE HAS BEEN DELINQUENT SINCE 1997, IS THERE ANY CHANCE THE BOARD WILL ISSUE A SIX MONTH TEMPORARY LICENSE FOR ME TO TAKE REFRESHER COURSES AND DO THE 80 HOURS OF CLINICAL REQUIRED FOR RE-LICENSING?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Barbara Arnick in Garland, Texas

75 months ago

Contact Geronima Gonzalez" <Geronima.Gonzalez@BON.STATE.TX.US> or call Austin Education Department at 512-305-6816. If this is not the right place and think that they wii be able to tell you what to do.

Humberto Diaz in Mcallen, Texas

75 months ago

Here in the valley close to McAllen, TX are two school and it's not that hard to get in,, as long as you are a CNA (certified Nurse Assistant) and you can do the CNA in just 4 week at New Start Nursing School ph. 956-682-5695 in McAllen, TX and only for $ 729.00 plus 95.00 for the state exam, onces you have your CNA, you can take the LVN at Saint Michaels or at VAlley Grande Academy in Weslaco, TX just 15 min from Mcallen,,, I hope this helps a little on just to get an idea.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No Reply - Report abuse

Barbara in Garland, Texas

75 months ago

DIANA in Houston, Texas said: MY LICENSE HAS BEEN DELINQUENT SINCE 1997, IS THERE ANY CHANCE THE BOARD WILL ISSUE A SIX MONTH TEMPORARY LICENSE FOR ME TO TAKE REFRESHER COURSES AND DO THE 80 HOURS OF CLINICAL REQUIRED FOR RE-LICENSING?

My license expired over 20 years ago and I contacted the Board of Nurses in Austin. They will allow you to to take a refresher course to get your license back.Has to be done in six months, no extensions.
Contact Geronima Gonzalez" <Geronima.Gonzalez@BON.STATE.TX.US> or call Austin Education Department at 512-305-6816
God Bless I wish you well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

MsT2008 in Dallas, Texas

75 months ago

I am currently in school for PCT and finish my classes July 2008 and it is like a dream to become an Nurse but with some of the replies I have been reading when it comes to LVN school yall are making me scared. Are their any good LVN OR RN in schools in Dallas,Tx the Platt School and DNI is who I was considering but I dont think so anymore.Please let me know what GOOD schools have the LVN courses please email me at tiffany.garrett@iqor.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.