Adult NP- New Graduate Job Search

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 185 of 185)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

Alicia in Raleigh, North Carolina

32 months ago

Regarding whether to go to a state school or Columbia- I would advise going to a state school. Stay in contact with all your clinical preceptors, send thank you notes, send notes asking if they know anyone who might be hiring, "May I use you as a reference?".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Alicia in Raleigh, North Carolina

32 months ago

I am looking for the Goodyear AZ student looking for a preceptor. Go to Medicare.gov, look for providers, look for NPs. Write to them individually and ask if they can help you, or can suggest someone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kim Stewart-Sodt in Phoenix, Arizona

32 months ago

Robinette Reed in Goodyear, Arizona said: I am a family nurse practitioner student looking for a preceptor for my last practicum in Goodyear, AZ and surrounding areas. Please respond if you know anyone or you are looking to become a mentor and help raise the next generation of up and coming FNP's. Thanks

Robin, I do not have any preceptor info to share but I wanted the opportunity to assist you in finding a position once you do receive your NP license. I am a medical recruiter in arizona and have many positions available. Please feel free to contact me at kim@desmedcar.com. I look forward to talking with you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lynn in Norcross, Georgia

32 months ago

Hello Robin,
You need to contact your local advanced practice nurses association.These organizations are the life line of advanced practice nurses.You get a wealth of information from them and preceptors from a pool of currently practicing NPs who are doing great things in your local area.I mentored an NP who graduated a year ago and she is doing beautifully in a great hospital NP position because I told her what was problematic for me and she avoided those pitfalls.
I have met and talked to several NPs who have no idea what is going on in the industry because they are playing/doing this NP thing as "lone rangers"
As a nurse,you can do that but as an NP,I find that the more informed you are the more you are better at helping yourself careerwise,your patients and your community.You could join the association as a student NP for a small fee and you will be under the wings of so many great NPs who would help you through your first year as NP and beyond if you want.Trust me,I know what I am talking about.If you were here in Georgia,I would have mentored you but you are so far away.Good luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Joanne in Alpharetta, Georgia

31 months ago

Lynn, Are you are still interested in precepting a student? I am looking for a preceptor for Spring 2013 near Gwinnett Medical, Northside Forsyth or Emory Johns Creek.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lynn in Snellville, Georgia

31 months ago

Joanne in Alpharetta, Georgia said: Lynn, Are you are still interested in precepting a student? I am looking for a preceptor for Spring 2013 near Gwinnett Medical, Northside Forsyth or Emory Johns Creek.[/QUO

Hello Joanne,I am so proud of you for starting early to find a preceptor for spring 2013.What type of NP programme are you enrolled in and what semester in your training is spring 2013 for you?I would like your email/info so that I can see what we can work out as far as your clinical needs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl in Marietta, Georgia

30 months ago

We are looking for an FNP to start immediately at our clinic in Buford, GA just outside of Atlanta. Anyone interested, could you answer this post.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

newNP in Suffolk, Virginia

29 months ago

CrysCFNP in Woodstock, Virginia said: Hey Dee,
I have been a FNP for 7 years and I am going through the same kind of problems. first nobody would hire me full-time so i had to leave those jobs. Then I ended up in 3 jobs where I had managers who were jealous at the knowledge I had and made my life miserable to the point of quiting. Now I work in a nursing home and the supervising physician is not to pleasant to work for. I am now looking again. it doesn't make your resume look good though when they look at a resume with 4-5 jobs in 7 years. Plus where I live in virginia doesn't know how to pay FNP's......Good luck on you job hunt......

I am in Virginia too as a new graduate FNP with lots of loans to pay back. I have multiple leads, but also have been turned down due to being a new graduate and have turned down positions because the pay was going to be less per hour than I make as an RN. I took a Infusion home health job to go to school and am actually considering going back to floor nursing. I have two positions in the works, but if they don't work out something will have to give. Is to totally insane to go back to the floors? Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

dan in Plymouth, Massachusetts

29 months ago

I have openings for FNP ANP or GNP candidates with at least one year of experience.

locations: Fairfax, Richmond, Bristol and Roanoke

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Liz in Dacula, Georgia

29 months ago

Any potential for a finding a preceptor for a clinical rotation at your clinic in Buford or surrounding area? I'm looking for a gyn & peds for Jan 2013 and then a family or some other type of rotation for the summer of 2013.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Stancnkd in Marietta, Georgia

29 months ago

Hi Liz, I'm not sure right now - there may be a possibility but will only know later in the year. Reply to this post around November, I may have an answer for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Md-loganville in Loganville, Georgia

26 months ago

Hi we are looking for nurse practitioner in loganville please let us know if anyone is interested!
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Abby in Hummelstown, Pennsylvania

26 months ago

Md-loganville in Loganville, Georgia said: Hi we are looking for nurse practitioner in loganville please let us know if anyone is interested!
Thanks

I'm interested. I'm a recent grad ANP. IS there a better way to contact you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ShayS in Atlanta, Georgia

26 months ago

Hello,

I will be graduating in December 2012 as a WHNP/ANP and I'm wondering if there are any job openings in the South Florida region. I would love to work in a OB/GYN setting, but I'm willing to work anywhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rasimeon in Maryland

26 months ago

Hello Everyone,

There is a position in Richmond VA looking for NPs accepting all NP resumes, even new-grads and limited expirence candidates.

It is a short term gig starting at end of december then for 13 weeks but its something to pay back those holiday presents!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ShayS in Atlanta, Georgia

25 months ago

rasimeon in Maryland said: Hello Everyone,

There is a position in Richmond VA looking for NPs accepting all NP resumes, even new-grads and limited expirence candidates.

It is a short term gig starting at end of december then for 13 weeks but its something to pay back those holiday presents!

where do we send our resumes?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rasimeon in Maryland

25 months ago

ShayS in Atlanta, Georgia said: where do we send our resumes?

Hey Shay,

contact information on the Forum is not allowed, I will try to email you directly or through your blog.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lynzlu in Hendersonville, North Carolina

24 months ago

rasimeon in Maryland said: Hello Everyone,

There is a position in Richmond VA looking for NPs accepting all NP resumes, even new-grads and limited expirence candidates.

It is a short term gig starting at end of december then for 13 weeks but its something to pay back those holiday presents!

Where do I send a resume

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jdcappelen in Pompano Beach, Florida

24 months ago

Abby in Hummelstown, Pennsylvania said: I'm interested. I'm a recent grad ANP. IS there a better way to contact you?

HI there, not sure if you are still looking but we have several facilities (we staff nationwide) that will accept a new grad NP and/or PA. I have a position right now in Asheville, NC that is ok with new grad. Please email me your resume in Word format to Jaclyn@greenlightstaffing.NET so that I can call you to discuss further.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jdcappelen in Pompano Beach, Florida

24 months ago

Lynzlu in Hendersonville, North Carolina said: Where do I send a resume

You can send me your resume in Word format to Jaclyn@greenlightstaffing.NET. I am the President of Greenlight and I have a recruiter that solely works with New Grad NP's and we can help you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rasimeon in Maryland

24 months ago

Lynzlu in Hendersonville, North Carolina said: Where do I send a resume

rasimeon@maxhealth.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

E R in Tucson, Arizona

23 months ago

Margie Sessions in Tucson, Arizona said: Thanks Holly, I have seen ads for FNP's online and wondered about the possibility of a new grad getting in. I have my ACLS BSCL and speak intermediate spanish and could use that to advantage. Currently I am in Corrections as a clinic RN. The economy is sick to say the least!

I too live in Tucson and would like to relocate to Colorado. I know we need to work under a physician for 1800 hours to get a provisional license but I am willing to work rural or anything. I work in a hospital in Tucson.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sunny in Ballwin, Missouri

23 months ago

I am a new FNP and I have been looking for a job reach to the point I am going to manic. Believe me it is hard. I really don't know where is the job. Please help me . I am in the St. Louis Missouri and I am willing to go the the place where the job is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Inna in Bel Air, Maryland

22 months ago

I am a new graduate Adult NP. I had only few months experience as ANP in NJ before my husband's job was transferred to Bel Air, Maryland and we had to move. Finding the job for a new graduate NP in this part of Maryland is a nightmare. Could somebody please recommend the jobs that are willing to hire new NP. I am willing to travel up to 50 miles from Bel Air, MD.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bracy in Mobile, Alabama

22 months ago

Cheryl in Marietta, Georgia said: We are looking for an FNP to start immediately at our clinic in Buford, GA just outside of Atlanta. Anyone interested, could you answer this post.

Are you still looking?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sunny in Ballwin, Missouri

22 months ago

Yes, I am still on the market looking for a NP position. I am a new grad FNP and I have a Missouri Licence and years of experiences as a RN.

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lincas25 in Charlotte, North Carolina

20 months ago

Family Practice in Charlotte,NC looking to hire Full-Time FNP.Experience prefer but will consider new grad. Please forward CV to Claudelina.Castro@MCfamilymedical.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Painman in Lexington, Kentucky

20 months ago

Pain Management Medicine seeking Nurse Practitioner on part-time basis in Corbin (2 days per week) or full time in Lexington Kentucky with travel to Corbin 2 days per week.
Prior clinical experience is not necessary. Please forward your resume and stated career interests to alyssa@painmm.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bjmnp in Pennsauken, New Jersey

18 months ago

I was so excited to graduate from my Adult NP program this past January. After I passed the boards, I began to look for an NP job.
Wow, was I in for a surprise. The few jobs available for an Adult NP require experience.
Even with over 30 years as an RN, I can't seem to get my foot in anyone's door.
I live in Southern NJ, near Philadelphia, PA.
Today, I was even thinking of going back to school to get my Family NP, but then I remembered why I decided not to do it in the first place. I don't think one semester of pediatric care and clinical would make me confident enough to want to treat children.
I would appreciate any suggestions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

dr sandy in Pleasantville, New Jersey

17 months ago

bjmnp in Pennsauken, New Jersey said: I was so excited to graduate from my Adult NP program this past January. After I passed the boards, I began to look for an NP job.
Wow, was I in for a surprise. The few jobs available for an Adult NP require experience.
Even with over 30 years as an RN, I can't seem to get my foot in anyone's door.
I live in Southern NJ, near Philadelphia, PA.
Today, I was even thinking of going back to school to get my Family NP, but then I remembered why I decided not to do it in the first place. I don't think one semester of pediatric care and clinical would make me confident enough to want to treat children .
I would appreciate any suggestions.

We have an opening in Cape May county NJ and you sound like a great candidate please contact us at drsandyandsons@verizon.net. We also posted a job search on here you can look at.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary Ann in Sioux Falls, South Dakota

9 months ago

Hi, I am a new grad, adult-gero and plan to sit for the ANCC exam as soon as possible. Not many NP jobs here in SD so am aware that I may be relocating. (I wouldn't complain if it were to a warmer climate!!) I am seeking a full-time position and am open to various specialty areas as well as primary care. Any suggestions are welcome.
In addition to the "prior experience" verbiage, I also see where an FNP may have provided more opportunities, however, my background is strong adult-gero. Thanks all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dutra in San Jose, California

9 months ago

Mary Ann in Sioux Falls, South Dakota said: Hi, I am a new grad, adult-gero and plan to sit for the ANCC exam as soon as possible. Not many NP jobs here in SD so am aware that I may be relocating. (I wouldn't complain if it were to a warmer climate!!) I am seeking a full-time position and am open to various specialty areas as well as primary care. Any suggestions are welcome.
In addition to the "prior experience" verbiage, I also see where an FNP may have provided more opportunities, however, my background is strong adult-gero. Thanks all!

Hi MaryAnn,
My company CareMore health plan is hiring NP's in several states. Check out our postings on Caremore.com.
Good luck!
Linda

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Healthcare Recruiter in Sewell, New Jersey

9 months ago

I am currently looking for Family Nurse Practitioners in the Philadelphia area. Even as a recruiter it has been very challenging because clients want seasoned candidates. From what I see from the resumes of new NP grads and certain clinics. I would also suggest to keep your resumes brief but to the point. I also feel when you are able to speak to potential employers confidence plays a big part in the decision making. I hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Henrietta in New York, New York

9 months ago

lynn in Norcross, Georgia said: Hello Robin,
You need to contact your local advanced practice nurses association.These organizations are the life line of advanced practice nurses.You get a wealth of information from them and preceptors from a pool of currently practicing NPs who are doing great things in your local area.I mentored an NP who graduated a year ago and she is doing beautifully in a great hospital NP position because I told her what was problematic for me and she avoided those pitfalls.
I have met and talked to several NPs who have no idea what is going on in the industry because they are playing/doing this NP thing as "lone rangers"
As a nurse,you can do that but as an NP,I find that the more informed you are the more you are better at helping yourself careerwise,your patients and your community .You could join the association as a student NP for a small fee and you will be under the wings of so many great NPs who would help you through your first year as NP and beyond if you want.Trust me,I know what I am talking about.If you were here in Georgia,I would have mentored you but you are so far away.Good luck to you.

Hello Lynn,
I was researching the job market for NPs in the Atlanta Metro area and came across this site and comments! I am so happy to have found this site. Does your offer to mentor a student NP still stand? I am in my last year of my NP program. I graduate in December 2014. So far I've seen a lot of postings for NP positions in the Atlanta area which is where I hope to move to after I graduate, so it looks like the job market is looking up.I have worked as a ICU nurse at Columbia Hosp. for 7 years and came into this position as a new grad RN and was trained for 6 months to be an ICU nurse.

I would love for a practicing NP to take me under their wing and help me navigate the transition from a RN to a FNP.
Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

navyblue in Clementon, New Jersey

5 months ago

LaQuay in MetroAtlanta, Georgia said: Hi Dee,I have a younger sister called Dee.Anyway,I am a certified Adult NP with more than 15 yrs of experience and was laid off from my job of many many yrs.I am also looking for work.Where have you applied?
Some one is willing to give you a chance as a new graduate in the areas of school health / college -NP, hospitals- out patient/primary care clinics in internal medicine,correctional health,and/or Public health/ community clinics.You may have to hit the pavement in addition to your online job search,stay positive,assertive and keep your Faith.The economy is not good for any of us right now! Just remember your first job may be the bridge to your "dream job".You may email me if you would like.

With all due respect, you are not correct about the current job hiring situation for newly graduated Nurse Practitioners. I received my NP degree in May, 2012. I have 34 years of staff nursing/ management experience in every specialty except Labor/Delivery and Operating Room. I am not bilingual- I am fluent in English but have a familiarity with the Spanish language. I have been licensed as an Adult Nurse Practitioner since May, 2013 and no one will hire me as an NP. I have been blocked several times from employment (agencies or employer direct hire) because I do not have experience as an NP and the employers will not accept a new NP for employment to obtain the necessary experience. The candidate will be told "NO" if you do not have prior experience as an NP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.