Getting job as NP

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Nikkie in Minneapolis, Minnesota

40 months ago

I graduated in 2009 as ANP/GNP from private schl. I 'v been looking for job since i passed my cert exam in 2009, but i couldn't find one, almost all the opening advertized requiring experience, i can not believe it , i believe start experience from no experience. It is very pathetic that after going all hassle of grad college. I can't no find a decent job as NP. Nursing is not what it use to be any more well, everything it always say in the news that they are short primary care providers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hello35 in San Francisco, California

40 months ago

Yes it is sad. When I first started going to community college in 2004, they were coming to the school to get nurses, and giving out sign-on bonuses. Now the market is so saturated, new grads are barely getting hired. I know so many BSN's that are still working their same jobs they worked during nursing school. Jobs now want nurses with experience, over the past couple of years employers only wanted one year experience. Now those employers have raised the requirements to 2 years. I have even saw some say 3 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina

39 months ago

Nikkie,

I've been in the medical staffing industry since 1989. Feel free to review my bio on Linked In. My new company is just getting started but I've already received perm and temporary orders for NPs. As of this second, I do not know if they would consider a new grad. However, I'm willing to ask if you'd be willing to relocate to either north Texas or Central Florida (Atlantic coast). Just let me know.

Best regards,

Mark Tennison
Med Zone Staffing

ronelle@mckinnon.com in Toronto, Ontario

14 months ago

Are you willing to relocate? Saskatchewan?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.