Starting out...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

How did you get your start doing nurse recruiter work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Leah RN in Atoka, Oklahoma

79 months ago

I started in Recruitment at a larget hospital based system 4 years ago. I transferred to HR as a Recruiter from a Burn ICU. Although I did not have recruitment experience, I was a nurse and could easily relate to the nurses who applied (what they are looking for, concerns, etc etc). I LOVE Recruitment! I now work as a Recruiter for a large Home Care agency. My 14 years of nursing helped immensely as many nurses feel more comfortable talking to a Recruiter who is also an RN.

Thanks,
Leah

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Vivian, RN in Tucson, Arizona

63 months ago

Leah RN in Atoka, Oklahoma said: I started in Recruitment at a larget hospital based system 4 years ago. I transferred to HR as a Recruiter from a Burn ICU. Although I did not have recruitment experience, I was a nurse and could easily relate to the nurses who applied (what they are looking for, concerns, etc etc). I LOVE Recruitment! I now work as a Recruiter for a large Home Care agency. My 14 years of nursing helped immensely as many nurses feel more comfortable talking to a Recruiter who is also an RN.

Thanks,
Leah

Leah means that MOST nurses feel more comfortable talking to a Recruiter who is also an experienced RN, didn't you, Leah? :)

Leah in Lone Grove, Oklahoma

63 months ago

Vivian, RN in Tucson, Arizona said: Leah means that MOST nurses feel more comfortable talking to a Recruiter who is also an experienced RN, didn't you, Leah? :)

Yes, exactly.

NAOB in Lansdowne, Pennsylvania

39 months ago

Has anyone ever started there own nurse recruitment service? If so how did you get started? How did you obtain your clients?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.