Board ordered nurse

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1451 to 1500 of 1647)
Page:  « First « Previous   27  28  29  30  31  32  33  Next »   Last »

agkane1 in Cleveland, Ohio

6 months ago

I agree with Cindy. However, not just any attorney. Get one who has experience in dealing with BON cases. Do not under any circumstances not reply to the BON initial hearing. Fatal mistake some of colleagues make by not responding. This is where your attorney comes in. He/she will assist you with that. Hopefully, depending on the findings a consent agreement may be entered into. If you are charged criminally you may also need a good criminal attorney to deal with the documentation issue.Wishing you the best.

Here's how the process:
1. Charges/Conviction from the appropriate county
2. In turn all licensing boards will be notified e.g. BON and any other
board that has issued you a licence.
3. BON will notify you of your right to a hearing. (This is where you need a
nursing attorney. Cost may range upward from $2500)

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Hopefully, your attorney can get the plea dropped to a lesser charge, but that depends on the amount that the Attorney General's prosecutors come up with based on the # of entries that show you did not provide the care. Also, if you are charged criminally make sure you follow the conditions of your probation. This will impact your ability to request reinstatement. For example:(may be different for your state)

1. Probation Reporting
2. Pay restitution
3. Maintain (non-nursing employment)
4. Verification from your PO on specific BON form indicating that conditions are being met.
5. CEU's indicated by the BON
6. BCI/FBI check
7. Request reinstatement
8. BON interview (This is where they go over your adjudication orders and/or consent agreement)

I hope you don't have to even get to this point, but this is a reality.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

One other important thing to ask your attorney is the difference between voluntarily surrendering your nursing license as opposed to making it inactive.Check out the BON site for your state. They should indicate the difference.I don't want to give advice as an attorney because I am not. However, there is a difference.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Illinois

6 months ago

Hello nurses,
We have a group for Nurses facing disciplinary action by the board of nursing & support group for nurses in recovery. The BON is completely out of control. It's a sad abuse of power from unelected officials who answer to no one and relish in destroying nurses' lives. Setting us up for failure with ridiculous stipulations scarring of our nursing licenses, charging exorbitant fees for drug screens and reporting our private activities all over the internet. They proudly call themselves the "nurse police."

This has to stop and NONE of us can do it alone. We have to unite to be successful. Join the private group today and help us stop these nutcases who sit around making regulations that ruin lives. We have also made the group hidden as well as private now. You must have an invitation to join. Please follow this link and follow the directions to join the group www.nurseboards.com/nurses-in-recovery/ We'll see you there. It's time to fight back..

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Illinois

6 months ago

Hello nurses,
We have a group for Nurses facing disciplinary action by the board of nursing & support group for nurses in recovery. The BON is completely out of control. It's a sad abuse of power from unelected officials who answer to no one and relish in destroying nurses' lives. Setting us up for failure with ridiculous stipulations scarring of our nursing licenses, charging exorbitant fees for drug screens and reporting our private activities all over the internet. They proudly call themselves the "nurse police."

This has to stop and NONE of us can do it alone. We have to unite to be successful. Join the private group today and help us stop these nutcases who sit around making regulations that ruin lives. We have also made the group hidden as well as private now. You must have an invitation to join. Please follow this link and follow the directions to join the group www.nurseboards.com/nurses-in-recovery/ We'll see you there. It's time to fight back...

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Illinois

6 months ago

Hello nurses,

This has to stop and NONE of us can do it alone. We have to unite to be successful. Join the private group today and help us stop these nutcases who sit around making regulations that ruin lives. We have also made the group hidden as well as private now. You must have an invitation to join. Please follow this link and follow the directions to join the group www.nurseboards.com/nurses-in-recovery/ We'll see you there. It's time to fight back....

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Illinois

6 months ago

Hello nurses,

This has to stop and NONE of us can do it alone. We have to unite to be successful. Join the private group today and help us stop these nutcases who sit around making regulations that ruin lives. We have also made the group hidden as well as private now. You must have an invitation to join. Please follow this link and follow the directions to join the group www.nurseboards.com/nurses-in-recovery/ We'll see you there. It's time to fight back......

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Greener Pastures in Hampton Bays, New York

6 months ago

You don't "HAVE" to sign anything. You can deny the charges & get an attorney to represent you in a hearing. You don't say whether you did commit fraud or you didn't. If you did make the home visit, fight the complaint tooth and nail. If you did document a home visit you didn't make & committed Medicare fraud, you should not---I repeat SHOULD NOT---deal with the BON by yourself. An attorney can get a better plea & possibly help you keep your license. The BON threatens nurses to convince them to sign consent agreements for whatever penalty they want---in this case, license revocation. You DO NOT---ABSOLUTELY DO NOT---want to voluntarily surrender your license because then you have absolutely no recourse against the BON. You want to have the BON revoke your license after an investigation & hearing because then you have legal recourse to appeal the decision. If you voluntarily consent to revocation, you do not have that ability. The BON knows this, and that's why they threaten nurses to voluntarily surrender their nursing licenses. NEVER, EVER, EVER voluntarily surrender your license. Plus, it will take quite a while for the BON to complete an investigation and conduct a hearing on the matter, so it gives you time to find an attorney & continue working to pay the attorney.

The sticky part of this is when you are accused of Medicare/Medicaid fraud, based on the completion of an investigation by the BON & what the outcome of a hearing is, you could possibly be ineligible to provide services for Medicare/Medicaid and be on their exclusion list. However, that doesn't last forever (especially with one incident) and you can apply for reinstatement.

When you are looking for an attorney, make sure you retain one with experience representing nurses in front of the BON as well as with criminal defense, because this may turn into a criminal case for theft of government services. That's why you DO NOT want to surrender your license.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

NEVER, EVER voluntarily surrender your license. You want to maintain the ability to appeal the BON decision which you will lose if you agree to surrender your license. As I said, the BON knows this & that's why they threaten nurses to sign consent agreements. They don't want to work for their paychecks by doing the investigation and deal with an attorney all throughout the process, and they don't want to have to defend their decision to an actual court.

Send BON a certified, return receipt letter stating that you are not guilty of the charges and will not be signing a consent agreement to surrender your license. To be honest, license revocation is a very severe penalty for one infraction, even though yours involves insurance fraud. The BON will then have to actually gather enough evidence to support their case, and that will give you time to gather evidence to defend yourself. This could take months. Months that you are not going to have if you voluntarily surrender your license.

As I also said, you have not stated if you did it or not. If you didn't submit a false record for payment, you should fight the charges until your last breath. If you didn't do it, you can gather the evidence required to successfully defend the charges against you. GET A LAWYER. If you are guilty of the charges, tell the lawyer the truth & every detail about it so the lawyer is fully aware of everything & there are no surprises as time goes on. If the lawyer knows everything, they can more effectively work out a plea deal. Trust me, yours isn't the worst an attorney has ever heard---they have heard some REALLY BAD stuff from clients, especially defense attorneys. But, the one thing they don't like is surprises as time goes on. TELL THE LAWYER EVERYTHING.

Good luck.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

LostRN in Auburn, Massachusetts

6 months ago

Hi all. I will be receiving my probation order from MA BON soon. I won't have any stips but I will need a job where there is a nurse on the floor.
Does anyone know of any places in central MA that are probation friendly?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

odaat in Mt Joy, Pennsylvania

5 months ago

Well all, I wanted to offer some encouragement. I have successfully completed the program. There is no indication online or anywhere that i was ever involved with it. I am DONE, FREE!!! this has been the worst and most stressful time of my life and I am so glad it is OVER.

A lot of changes have happened in my life. BIG changes. I left a multi-decade marriage. I am on my own. I have met someone new. I have a fantastic job with fantastic people. Life is good.

My advice: One day at a time, and never get complacent. It WILL catch up with you.

Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Chicago, Illinois

5 months ago

Hi again guys,
We have changed the group to not only a private group, but it is now also a hidden group. You can only be accepted into the group by invitation only now. So, in order to apply to be added to the group you can follow this link www.nurseboards.com/nurses-in-recovery/ This is a group that is for nurses in recovery and nurses facing disciplinary action by the board of nursing.
Here you can discuss your cases privately with other nurses and receive support. We have a chat room and we have scheduled online meetings.
We are growing quickly so don't get left behind. Join us now. We are currently in the process of becoming an organization for the protection of nurses. Join our movement and fight back@ We deserve better!..

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

LostRN in Auburn, Massachusetts said: Hi all. I will be receiving my probation order from MA BON soon. I won't have any stips but I will need a job where there is a nurse on the floor.
Does anyone know of any places in central MA that are probation friendly?

Hi again guys,
We have changed the group to not only a private group, but it is now also a hidden group. You can only be accepted into the group by invitation only now. So, in order to apply to be added to the group you can follow this link www.nurseboards.com/nurses-in-recovery/ This is a group that is for nurses in recovery and nurses facing disciplinary action by the board of nursing.
Here you can discuss your cases privately with other nurses and receive support. We have a chat room and we have scheduled online meetings.
We are growing quickly so don't get left behind. Join us now. We are currently in the process of becoming an organization for the protection of nurses. Join our movement and fight back@ We deserve better!.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

Greener Pastures in Riverhead, New York said: Thanks. I only speak of what I know. How the state BON's are getting away with what they're doing is beyond all rational thought.

I would rather not post my email address publicly---don't know whose eyes are watching.

Hi again guys,
We are growing quickly so don't get left behind. Join us now. We are currently in the process of becoming an organization for the protection of nurses. Join our movement and fight back@ We deserve better!l

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

Greener Pastures in Hampton Bays, New York said: NEVER, EVER voluntarily surrender your license. You want to maintain the ability to appeal the BON decision which you will lose if you agree to surrender your license. As I said, the BON knows this & that's why they threaten nurses to sign consent agreements. They don't want to work for their paychecks by doing the investigation and deal with an attorney all throughout the process, and they don't want to have to defend their decision to an actual court .

Hi again guys,
We are growing quickly so don't get left behind. Join us now. We are currently in the process of becoming an organization for the protection of nurses. Join our movement and fight back@ We deserve better!k

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Delayed grad in Bossier City, Louisiana

5 months ago

Michelle in Illinois said: Hello nurses,

This has to stop and NONE of us can do it alone. We have to unite to be successful. Join the private group today and help us stop these nutcases who sit around making regulations that ruin lives. We have also made the group hidden as well as private now. You must have an invitation to join. Please follow this link and follow the directions to join the group www.nurseboards.com/nurses-in-recovery/ We'll see you there. It's time to fight back..

I graduated with my peers from nursing school in 2014. The Board has forbidden me from sitting for the NCLEX until I complete 2 years of mandatory meeting documentation and U/A's. I did not divert drugs, nor did I ever get a DUI or any other criminal charge. My story is lengthy like many here. I would like to know if I need to be licensed to join the group. I would love advice about how to proceed in what feels like a No-Man's Land.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Delayed grad in Bossier City, Louisiana

5 months ago

peonies in Saint Louis, Missouri said: Does anyone know how often the boards usually collect urine screens this is costing me a fortune I am 3 months in on a 5 year probation and they have aready collected 5. 4 of them in 4 weeks. I simply cannot afford 65.00 a test. I would atleast like to budget for this. Any information would be helpful I am from Missouri

YOU aren't alone. It is outrageously expensive for me, too. I am 10 months into "my sentence" and recently learned that the Board determines your frequency of testing. I believe you start out at 24, but this can be increased to 36 or 48 times a year. In 10 months I have spent $1700 on drug screens. THey don't care, and my personal belief is that they use the expense to weed people out by causing them to become frustrated and give up.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

ByeByeNursing in Graford, Texas

5 months ago

I'm withdrawing from TPAPN today. I just began last month, but I'm already almost $100 in the hole to Recovery Trek for testing and I was recommended to do an Intensive Outpatient Program online that my case manager says will be another $600. My bank account is in the negative. It's as simple as that. I've been priced out of saving my nursing license. I'm really sad. I've been a nurse for almost 18 years.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

Delayed grad in Bossier City, Louisiana said: I graduated with my peers from nursing school in 2014. The Board has forbidden me from sitting for the NCLEX until I complete 2 years of mandatory meeting documentation and U/A's.

Well, at this point you are more than 2 years from graduating from nursing school. I think you need to disclose a bit more information for anyone here to help you. Why is the BON after you, how long before nursing school/during nursing school/after nursing school did the offense occur, and what kind of interaction have you had with the BON? Did you have a hearing? Did you retain an attorney at that time? What kind of defense did you offer to the BON?

If the offense occurred before nursing school & you disclosed it to the nursing school, I would think that the school has some liability as far as not letting you know that you would potentially have a problem with the BON after graduation. Did the school know about whatever it was that the BON is after you for? If the nursing school knew about it & didn't have a problem with you completing your clinical, that would be a very good point to bring up to the BON.

There is no reason why someone should be prevented from taking the NCLEX. If there is something legitimate for the BON to take into account, that can be addressed with a newly licensed nurse just like with older nurses. I don't know what the reason would be to block you from taking the boards. At this point, I have to assume you haven't taken the NCLEX because of the meeting & UDS requirements. I don't know, because the BON's are a deranged bunch of power-hungry, lazy & uninformed losers, but I if they are requiring UDS & meetings, was your offense a drug or alcohol offense? Did you self-report it? I know it's a little too late for this, but had it been me, I would have fought the BON tooth and nail.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

Delayed grad in Bossier City, Louisiana said: YOU aren't alone. It is outrageously expensive for me, too. I am 10 months into "my sentence" and recently learned that the Board determines your frequency of testing. I believe you start out at 24, but this can be increased to 36 or 48 times a year. In 10 months I have spent $1700 on drug screens. THey don't care, and my personal belief is that they use the expense to weed people out by causing them to become frustrated and give up.

Jesus Christ, that's ridiculous. This whole healthcare provider addiction thing has spurned a for-profit industry, which is wrong. If the BON wants UDS, they should allow nurses to have their insurance pay for it by getting prescriptions from doctors/NP/PA. It seems like every professional board makes their respective licensed members use the same UDS company which is making a KILLING off the fees charged for every UDS. The same holds true for the psych evaluations the BON requires----they only allow you to go to "approved" practitioners that will not accept insurance for a BON eval, and charge, on average, $1,000-$1,500 for an evaluation. That is out of control. A nurse should not be a pawn in a for-profit industry because they have a disease that they are already suffering with. Nurses should not be treated differently than a person in the "general population". Since health insurance must comply with the regulations set forth by Washington with respect to mental health treatment, the BON's should have to comply with them as well, as have all of the diagnosis & treatment put through the nurse's insurance. The problem with this is that by using an "unapproved" clinician, the BON runs the risk of not getting their much desired, biased report from their "approved" clinicians. It has turned into a racket on the backs of nurses & other licensed professionals.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

ByeByeNursing in Graford, Texas said: I'm withdrawing from TPAPN today. I just began last month, but I'm already almost $100 in the hole to Recovery Trek for testing and I was recommended to do an Intensive Outpatient Program online that my case manager says will be another $600. My bank account is in the negative. It's as simple as that. I've been priced out of saving my nursing license. I'm really sad. I've been a nurse for almost 18 years.

Third party companies should not be involved in any BON actions. BON actions should not be the source of massive profit for these companies. The BON & these 3rd party companies are working in collusion with each other & have made addiction a business industry instead of what it should be---a way to get a nurse clean & into recovery with the intention of getting the nurse back to work. The M.O. should not be to bankrupt nurses & render them unable to comply with the requirements of the BON orders because they can't afford to pay the astronomical fees that they're charged by these 3rd party companies. It used to be that when nurses had their color picked, they could go that day to ANY lab, tell them that they were there for a BON UDS, and the nurse's insurance would cover the cost. Now, the BON's have changed all of that. Since we are in the midst of an "opioid epidemic" that has been verified by our own government, nurses should not be treated ay differently than a "civilian"---the BON shouldn't be allowed to mandate that nurses be evaluated by "approved" clinicians & required to pay cash, the BON shouldn't be allowed to order UDS at will & force nurses to pay out of pocket, the BON should not be allowed to order a nurse into rehab at one of the "approved" facilities (usually out of state) that they have to pay tens of thousands of dollars for. All of the requirements instituted by the BON should be run through a nurse's health insurance, just like any other "civilian" would be.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

ByeByeNursing in Graford, Texas said: I'm withdrawing from TPAPN today. I just began last month, but I'm already almost $100 in the hole to Recovery Trek for testing and I was recommended to do an Intensive Outpatient Program online that my case manager says will be another $600. My bank account is in the negative. It's as simple as that. I've been priced out of saving my nursing license. I'm really sad. I've been a nurse for almost 18 years.

An online "Intensive Outpatient Program"? I have never, ever heard of anything so f'ing ridiculous in my entire life. Isn't the whole purpose of outpatient treatment to be around other people with the same problems as you, to talk about the problems & get support from those other people? Isn't outpatient treatment about "meetings"?

This has now crossed the line into completely absurd. I would love to find out how to investigate the state BON's and find out what their contracts/agreements with 3rd party providers is. The BON must be getting some sort of kickback from making them one of their "approved" providers. Incidentally, physicians aren't allowed to refer patients to any business/company in which they have any financial interest---why is the BON allowed to do this? I know the BON would say "Oh, we don't get anything for telling nurses to use XYZ providers", but they didn't just pull the names of of a hat. I wonder if a FOIL request would reveal the contracts BON's have with their "approved" providers? They're an "arm" of state government, so a FOIL request should be applicable to BON's to reveal what these "agreements" are between them & private, 3rd parties. They're not telling nurses to go to specific people just for kicks. There is some sort of financial arrangement there.

Out of curiosity, what is the name of the online program that the TPANP "recommended" that you do?

Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

There is a private and hidden group for nurses that are facing disciplinary action by the board and nursing in recovery. They are starting a nonprofit to protect nurses from the BON. You can apply to join the group here. www.nurseboards.com/nurses-in-recovery/

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Anne in Hayward, California

5 months ago

DissappointedinRaleighRN in Raeford, North Carolina said: Keep your head up ladies/and gents, but do realize the boards already wanted to revoke your licenses, but since you were able to win your cases and put up fights, they figure they can crumble that little last bit of self dignity, while basically telling you to report to your job all this crap,knowing you will get fired, and essentially will have a hard time finding a new job because if and when you do find one they will find a reason to deny it for some reason, watch

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Afton in Texas

4 months ago

queenvictoria in San Antonio, Texas said: Boy do I know how you feel. Due to a drug problem I surrendered my license and then got it back with Board Order for 3 years. UA's, meeting attendance, RN in area blah blah blah. I bagged my pride and went to start a dailysis career where the stipulations were not an issue. I had a snafu getting the ua's started in time and that really messed things up. Even though I worked 3 years at the dialysis unit, since the UA's had only been going on for a year, my stipulations are gonna stick until I have 3 years of UA's. So basically my order is gonna go on forever. Let me give you some good advice- go apply at those big dialysis companies. Be upfront right off the bat. Tell them you have stips that will not affect your job. Be honest up front!!! I tried to get jobs at other places but they treated me like I had VD. I am still on Order 3.3 years later and have no problem finding jobs in dialysis. It may not be your dream job, but you have a license and the pay is good. Just remember that at the end of the rainbow is an unencumbered license

I would really appreciate it if you could contact me! I have the same issues & would love a job in Dialysis, but I cannot get an interview!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Nurseforlife in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

4 months ago

I'm in the process of moving ....endorsement state emails me stating there is a disciplinary action in file from 2011....I NEVER WAS AWARE OF ANY SUCH THING...LICENSE NEVER SUSPENDED ALWAYS BEEN ACTIVE SINCE 1999......I PULL UP THE REPORTS FOR THIS STATE FOR THAT YEAR...THERE IS A NURSE LISTED SAME FIRST AND LAST NAME...BUT FIRST NAME SPELLED DIFFERENTLY....AND MISSING MIDDLE INITIAL.....NO.LICENSE NUMBER.....IT SAYS PENDING....AND SAYS SOME THING about monetary fine.....still waiting to hear back from home state bon...to which an email was sent....because i have renewed my license 3 times since the date they are stating on the file??? Crazy

Reply - Report abuse

THERE IS HOPE! RN to NEW PROFESSION in Bessemer, Alabama

4 months ago

I just wanted to give words of encouragement to any of you that have so many obstacles in getting your license back. By no means do I encourage giving up. But I did!!! I went back to school and obtained my Master's in Education. THERE IS HOPE IN THIS ARENA!!! As long as you don't have anything on your records for abuse, neglect, violence, robbery, anything along those lines, you can become an Educator. I bought a house and turned it into a home daycare. I also teach Curriculum Development at a local community college and got on with my life. I messed up...I accepted it... Developed a plan to regroup... Executed it. By nature, I am inpatient, so I didn't have time for all those burdensome and inessential expectations coming my way by the BON. But most importantly,and I could not afford it. So, I completed a 18 month Master's program in 10 months by doubling on classes. At the same time got a CDA. A CDA takes all of 6 weeks. With the CDA, I could work. You guys know that as RN'S, We multitask, work fast and deal with crazy people very well. My employer was so impressed, She promoted me to an Administrator.All my schooling was done online.Im working on my Doctorate and NOT LOOKING BACK.One day I may consider trying to get my license back, but not now. At that time, I had a mortgage, 2 kids (one in college), car payments, health issues and list can go on and on.I had to let go. I use to feel like a failure. I started drinking more to kill the pain.But once I started accomplishing goals and money started rolling back in, I put that bottle down. I attend support groups and try to stay positive. I hope my story helps! (michalreddickrn@gmail.com)

Reply - Report abuse

4 months ago

5 minutes ago
I just wanted to give words of encouragement to any of you that have so many obstacles in getting your license back. By no means do I encourage giving up. But I did!!! I went back to school and obtained my Master's in Education. THERE IS HOPE IN THIS ARENA!!! As long as you don't have anything on your records for abuse, neglect, violence, robbery, anything along those lines, you can become an Educator. I bought a house and turned it into a home daycare. I also teach Curriculum Development at a local community college and got on with my life. I messed up...I accepted it... Developed a plan to regroup... Executed it. By nature, I am inpatient, so I didn't have time for all those burdensome and inessential expectations coming my way by the BON. But most importantly,and I could not afford it. So, I completed a 18 month Master's program in 10 months by doubling on classes. At the same time got a CDA. A CDA takes all of 6 weeks. With the CDA, I could work. You guys know that as RN'S, We multitask, work fast and deal with crazy people very well. My employer was so impressed, She promoted me to an Administrator.All my schooling was done online.Im working on my Doctorate and NOT LOOKING BACK.One day I may consider trying to get my license back, but not now. At that time, I had a mortgage, 2 kids (one in college), car payments, health issues and list can go on and on.I had to let go. I use to feel like a failure. I started drinking more to kill the pain.But once I started accomplishing goals and money started rolling back in, I put that bottle down. I attend support groups and try to stay positive. I hope my story helps! (michalreddickrn@gmail.com)

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Greener Pastures in Calverton, New York

4 months ago

Nurseforlife in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I'm in the process of moving ....endorsement state emails me stating there is a disciplinary action in file from 2011....I NEVER WAS AWARE OF ANY SUCH THING...LICENSE NEVER SUSPENDED ALWAYS BEEN ACTIVE SINCE 1999......I PULL UP THE REPORTS FOR THIS STATE FOR THAT YEAR...THERE IS A NURSE LISTED SAME FIRST AND LAST NAME...BUT FIRST NAME SPELLED DIFFERENTLY....AND MISSING MIDDLE INITIAL.....NO.LICENSE NUMBER.....IT SAYS PENDING....AND SAYS SOME THING about monetary fine.....still waiting to hear back from home state bon...to which an email was sent....because i have renewed my license 3 times since the date they are stating on the file??? Crazy

There is no license number on the state licensing website for the other nurse? And "pending" what? I've never heard of anything so ridiculous.

I recommend this: EVERY contact you have with the BON in your home state or endorsement state should be in writing, sent via certified mail w/ return receipt, and make sure you keep a copy of it. If the BON can screw something like this up, they can screw anything up & you want a written record of everything. The endorsement state should be able to contact your home state to verify this information----they want you to do everything because they are a bunch of lazy seat warmers.

I wouldn't get my knickers in a knot over this. It will get sorted out.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Nurseforlife in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

4 months ago

Yes....i took it upon myself to look up via my states division of human affairs...my license cones up as active...no actions against it....seems like it was entered in NURYS database incorrectly? Unbelievable.....im on the phone ASAP tomorrow

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

brett in Dallas, Texas

4 months ago

MujerNica in Dallas, Texas said: Well if the BON decide by a miracle of God that I can have a license this is probably the predicament I'll be in as well. I have a lovely court martial for drug charges from 1998 on my record AND a POM misdeamenor charge from 2001. I can only leave this is God's hands because if I don't I'll drive myself nuts. But does anyone have any suggestions that I can do until I hear back from the BON? I got a letter from them in May saying that my case was transfered to the enforcement section and it'd be another 3 months before I hear back. Just trying to see if there's anything I can do to help my situation.

It's expensive but get an attorney who specializes in this. Start saving now it's your best chance!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Greener Pastures in Wading River, New York

4 months ago

MujerNica in Dallas, Texas said: Well if the BON decide by a miracle of God that I can have a license this is probably the predicament I'll be in as well. I have a lovely court martial for drug charges from 1998 on my record AND a POM misdeamenor charge from 2001. I can only leave this is God's hands because if I don't I'll drive myself nuts. But does anyone have any suggestions that I can do until I hear back from the BON? I got a letter from them in May saying that my case was transfered to the enforcement section and it'd be another 3 months before I hear back. Just trying to see if there's anything I can do to help my situation.

Perfect example of "absolute power corrupts absolutely". Focusing on infractions that are nearly 20 years old and 16 years old & judging whether or not they're going to allow you to get a nursing license because of it shouldn't be allowed. This is happening because there are no regulations that the BON must follow. Legislation must be instituted that controls what the BON does & how they prosecute/charge infractions. Charging/prosecuting infractions that are over 5-7 years old is doing nothing but harassing the nurse. Not allowing someone that graduated from nursing school for sitting for the NCLEX because of infractions that are 16 & 20 years old is totally irrational & unreasonable. Furthermore, nursing schools should be aware of the restrictions that graduates will be faced with & should be required to disclose this to prospective students---they shouldn't be allowed to hold information like that back just so that they can max out the numbers of students in a class to make more $$$$ for the school. Everything about this is out-of-hand, and the only way to institute change is to put pressure on state legislators to institute regulations on how the state BON's handle specific cases & not allow them to push every case under an umbrella to charge & prosecute & sentence in the same way.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

katg05 in La Habra, California

4 months ago

You'really right! The BON'S in all states are ridiculous. I know in PA where I went to nursing school, they didn'the warn about problems that could happen due to previous problems, but in CA, at least at the community colleges, you can'take get in school if u have any reviews record. I think there should be a medium ground. Good luck to you. My prayers are with all nurses who are being treated this way!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Brett in Dallas, Texas

4 months ago

I wish I could offer more help but my best advice is to hire or at least consult with an attorney who specializes in this. That's just how our f'ed system works. Nurses are in supreme demand so most can probably find something with enough effort. The difficulty comes in when to communicate your situation. I'm no expert but I would recommend calling or e-mailing prospective employers prior to going through with filling out applications to see if the person in charge of hiring will even consider hiring someone with their given situation. It'd save a lot of time, trouble, and the stress of when to even bring it up. Bring it up first and ask them to be honest if they will give you a chance. Everyone certainly deserves one! If enough of us form together we can effect change. If anyone knows of an organization working towards this please post. All we want is a fair shake. For instance doctors are allowed to take suboxone while continuing to practice and treat patients while nurses are not. Suboxone is a legitimate treatment for a legitimate disease however nurses are not allowed to practice while undergoing this treatment. I'm not a robot!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

imawinner1 in Fremont, California

4 months ago

Hi guys, i just had my RN license reinstated by the California Board of Nursing.
I just want to find out if anyone have any suggestions on where to apply for a job. I had my RN license revoke in 2010 for a misdemeanor disorderly conduct. I have no drug, substance or alcohol issues and i was working as a RN for more than 10 years before i got revoked. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thankyou

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

katg05 in La Habra, California

4 months ago

I know it'sounds more like a nursing home, but Genesis Health has a nurse "re-entry" program, from what i'very read. Also, I know that tons of nurses with disciplinary action go to work for DaVita Dialysis. Just a couple places you could get so.easy new experience that don'the seem to mind nurses with " issues"

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Brett in Dallas, Texas

4 months ago

determinedintexas in Humble, Texas said: Just wanted to say we have a wonderful support group. Its a closed/private group and we too have pondered the thought of striking against the BON. We are tried twice for mistakes, accused of protecting ourselves/patients as abuse, and put out of our lives at the mercy of a board. Perhaps they should loook within themselves and decide if God would approve of their life..because at least Im non-judgmental, a forgiver, a caretaker! The one who sits in an almighty position better pray they ask for forgiveness before their day turns dark. I can live day to day with a smile and even pass one along to someone else. I am currently writing my life story dating back to 2009. Surrendered my license and have sought legal representation. Not only to strike the BON, but the Rehab that accepted me under no proper diagnosis. Anyway, we would love for you to join. Let me know if your interested and I will pass the info to you.

I would be interested. I'm in TX the way everything is set up is ludicrous.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Brett in Dallas, Texas

4 months ago

determinedintexas in Humble, Texas said: Just wanted to say we have a wonderful support group. Its a closed/private group and we too have pondered the thought of striking against the BON. We are tried twice for mistakes, accused of protecting ourselves/patients as abuse, and put out of our lives at the mercy of a board. Perhaps they should loook within themselves and decide if God would approve of their life..because at least Im non-judgmental, a forgiver, a caretaker! The one who sits in an almighty position better pray they ask for forgiveness before their day turns dark. I can live day to day with a smile and even pass one along to someone else. I am currently writing my life story dating back to 2009. Surrendered my license and have sought legal representation. Not only to strike the BON, but the Rehab that accepted me under no proper diagnosis. Anyway, we would love for you to join. Let me know if your interested and I will pass the info to you.

I would be interested. I'm in TX the way everything is set up is ludicrous.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Afton in Texas

3 months ago

Reading these comments about Recorvy Trek being expensive. I'd gladly pay it if I could only be given a chance. I was on probation in Arkansas and had secured employment. Long story short, got pregnant while my fiancé was on leave, relocated to El Paso, searched for employment for a year after reporting to the Texas Board and being placed on probation, now husband and our family PCS'd to Fort Hood & I have been searching non stop for going on 5 months. Got a phone call from big HR at Frensinius Kidney Care today saying they weren't going to move forward & I was expecting to start on Monday with a hiring manager that was very open to my probation and understanding. I'm so lost. It's so depressing. I feel like since I just got refused by a dialysis company, my nursing career is over. I don't know where to go from here. Nurses aren't allowed to make mistakes. We're not treated as human beings & it's horrible.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

ME in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania

3 months ago

odaat in Mt Joy, Pennsylvania said: Well all, I wanted to offer some encouragement. I have successfully completed the program. There is no indication online or anywhere that i was ever involved with it. I am DONE, FREE!!! this has been the worst and most stressful time of my life and I am so glad it is OVER.

A lot of changes have happened in my life. BIG changes. I left a multi-decade marriage. I am on my own. I have met someone new. I have a fantastic job with fantastic people. Life is good.

My advice: One day at a time, and never get complacent. It WILL catch up with you.

I don't know if you still check in here, but I wanted to say congrats! I'm down to 10 months to go, and I'm so anxious about how the whole thing ends. Did you get your letter a lot later than you expected?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

ME in Glenside, Pennsylvania

2 months ago

Afton in Texas:

I'm living the board ordered nightmare in PA. When I truly did leave it in God's hands, he saw fit to place me in a job in a call center. I am a nurse of over 30 years, the last 18 in critical care. I would never have imagined working in a call center. And I'm loving every minute of it.
If you can be open minded, and consider jobs you never would have before, something will open up for you.
(And I'm not an AA/higher power fanatic. My faith just works for me).

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

ken smith in Bakersfield, California

2 months ago

imawinner1 in Fremont, California said: Hi guys, i just had my RN license reinstated by the California Board of Nursing.
I just want to find out if anyone have any suggestions on where to apply for a job. I had my RN license revoke in 2010 for a misdemeanor disorderly conduct. I have no drug, substance or alcohol issues and i was working as a RN for more than 10 years before i got revoked. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thankyou

If I may ask? Your license was revoked so what steps did you take to have reinstated? A misdemeanor disorderly conduct was your crime? If there are no stipulations or disciplinary actions on your RN when it is checked you should not have any issue except explaining your absence from nursing and that my friend is cake considering what you have just accomplished.

Reply - Report abuse

imawinner1 in Fremont, California

2 months ago

ken smith in Bakersfield, California said: If I may ask? Your license was revoked so what steps did you take to have reinstated? A misdemeanor disorderly conduct was your crime? If there are no stipulations or disciplinary actions on your RN when it is checked you should not have any issue except explaining your absence from nursing and that my friend is cake considering what you have just accomplished.

Hi Ken, thanks for the reply. Yah, basically i had to finish my jail time(2 wks), my 3 year probation(court), i had my misdemeanor dismissed/expunged, did sessions of psychiatric and psychology sessions and got cleared for that. I could have applied for reinstatment 2013 or 1014 but i only did it 2016, and got reinstated April 2017. I had to work up to courage to face the crowd, the board hearing, and that took me time. At present im on a 3 year probation with the board with option of early termination in 2 if everything goes well. The board also wants me to do a refresher course, before i start working since ive been out of action for some time. Ive found a refresher course, though i must admit its quite hard to find any here in Union City,CA. Its a 12 day refresher course $1000, hit me up please if you know a better deal. Although ive been cleared by my psychiatrist to work as an RN without restriction, the board still wants me t to get cleared again or my my psychiatrist to fill up their form saying im cleared.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

tbird7553 in Lodi, California

2 months ago

I'm a psychiatric nurse in Lodi, California. I moved here from Michigan about a year and a half ago. I was in trouble with substance abuse in Michigan in 2007. I completed their three year monitoring program and a fifteen month Drug Court Treatment Program. I've been clean and sober for over ten years. I've worked for employers in Michigan and had good to excellent performance appraisals. When I moved to California to be closer to my son and grandkids I applied for my California nursing license. After a long ordeal they denied my application. They gave me two options: 1) fight it and go to an administrative hearing where no matter what the hearing officer decided the board had the last say. 2) stipulate to an agreement to be on probation for three years. I chose the second option. After after a mental health exam I was deemed 'ruled out' of needing to go to meetings or having to submit for random drug screening. Bear in mind I've done all that in Michigan. However, I am required to have maximum supervision while working. I can't work for staffing agencies or travel agencies. Home care would require daily telephone contact with a supervisor and frequent supervisor visits to the patient's home, effectively eliminating being hired for that role. I can't supervise other RN's. I've applied at nursing homes and been turned down because the board required maximum supervision.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

rn in York, Pennsylvania

2 months ago

I know your post was sometime ago. If anyone has advice on NJ RAMP please Im all ears. I am actually a PA RN who applied for a NJ License just for a travel opportunity and was mandated to RAMP due to dui prior to becoming an RN.I have never had disciplinary actions or charges for diversion or drug offenses. This is so bizarre to me Needless to say my life has been hell. I would have never even applied to NJ or surely even "participated" in the program if I knew it would detroy my established career.

anamcara517 in Boca Raton, Florida said: Thanks for your post...I can soo relate.My BON nightmare began 7 SEVEN[!!]years ago,I can't seem to get out from underneath it all.Have just under 3yrs left in monitoring program[u/a's,meetings,work restrictions,fortunatly no narc restriction]it will be freakin' 9 yrs after all said and done,I'll be almost 60yrs old.I was 30yrs an RN,did coke at a party,reported to NJ BON...no joke..this has cost me 750K[3/4 MILLION dollars!!]to date,I lost EVERYTHING.So hard getting a DECENT job,FYI....drug detox centers,dialysis centers, case management ,if Vitas Hospice in your area they hire,also career colleges will hire you to teach HHA/Patient care tech classes.PS make sure you are not on data banks[see my prior post].Please feel free[ANYONE else for that matter]to email me,us "hot mess,unemployable,hopelessly addicted criminals"need to stick together in support of each other,this was the WORST thing that I have EVER had to go through,ANY help I can offer others it would be my honor!..patriciaboyle17@yahoo.com

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

rn in York, Pennsylvania

2 months ago

Lynn in Lake Charles, Louisiana said: That's exactly what's happening to alot of us. If I were in Texas, I would contact Leichter Law firm. They seem to have a high success rate helping nurses. Check them out.

Any advice for someone dealing with NJ RAMP? I am actually a PA RN who only applied for a travel opportunity and Im being SCREWED because of DUI PRIOR to even becoming an RN!!! Totally irrelevant and Im being persecuted agaim.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Wollybear in California

2 months ago

rn in York, Pennsylvania said: Any advice for someone dealing with NJ RAMP? I am actually a PA RN who only applied for a travel opportunity and Im being SCREWED because of DUI PRIOR to even becoming an RN!!! Totally irrelevant and Im being persecuted agaim.

Unfortunately the damage is already done. I was an Az RN with a clear license and was denied in Ca after I had already moved because of DUI proir to ever being a nurse. Serving three years of probation, utter insanity. Were you denied a license in NJ because of your DUI? If so I would say cut your losses, you will however wear the scarlet letter of being denied for the rest of your career.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

rn in York, Pennsylvania

2 months ago

I was not "denied" formally yet because they mandated me into this ridiculous money-pit monitoring program. It seems they ultimately force people out of or try to force them to surrender their licenses. I am concerned how it will impact my other license. When you say you were denied, how did it impact your other license(s)?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Wollybear in California

2 months ago

rn in York, Pennsylvania said: I was not "denied" formally yet because they mandated me into this ridiculous money-pit monitoring program. It seems they ultimately force people out of or try to force them to surrender their licenses. I am concerned how it will impact my other license. When you say you were denied, how did it impact your other license(s)?

When I accepted the terms of probation in Ca I had to notify Az of that and provide them with a copy of my stipulations. I don't know if I had to notify the az board of my denial however I wouldn't be surprised if there is something on the az renewal asking if you have been denied a license in another state. Once again it's a slippery slope once a board has you in their cross hairs.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Sittinginachair in Riverhead, New York

2 months ago

rn in York, Pennsylvania said: I was not "denied" formally yet because they mandated me into this ridiculous money-pit monitoring program. It seems they ultimately force people out of or try to force them to surrender their licenses. I am concerned how it will impact my other license. When you say you were denied, how did it impact your other license(s)?

I have to shove my 2 cents into this, even though it is likely meaningless & not helpful at all to your situation.

These are the things that state legislators MUST step into in order to limit the reach of the state BONs. Creating programs that are damned near impossible to comply with & for things that occurred many years ago should NOT be allowed. A DUI does not mean that you are an alcoholic. It shows that you had poor decision making abilities at that time that resulted in the DUI. However, there are no "programs" to assist nurses in improving their decision making abilities---all cases are thrown under one umbrella of addiction/substance abuse & treated exactly the same. A nurse can have a mental health disorder & STILL be mandated to go through the whole program of UDS, counseling with "approved" practitioners, severely limited employment conditions. It is a system that discourages transparency & causes nurses to do what people did 25 years ago---go hide in the corner & not seek help for fear of what the ramifications will be. With all the media coverage about addiction & the opioid epidemic, encouraging insurance companies to cover treatment & educating people about the science of addiction, it seems that the BONs still want to treat it as a character flaw & something that should be punished instead of taking actions to promote getting clean & staying that way. Not allowing a nurse to work, yet mandating UDS & inpatient treatment & counseling & meetings that all cost money is a completely counterproductive way of managing things.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   27  28  29  30  31  32  33  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.