DWI and CORI check

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (401 to 440 of 440)
Page:  « First « Previous   6  7  8  9   

Gina in Brick, New Jersey

35 months ago

I was told to never return to the store or I would be arrested. This is coming up on a background check. Can I have this removed or do I need a lawyer. This is a rural police department similair to the Dukes Of Hazzard. They will give me a hard time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sharimagia in Brooklyn, New York

35 months ago

Gina in Brick, New Jersey said: I was told to never return to the store or I would be arrested. This is coming up on a background check. Can I have this removed or do I need a lawyer. This is a rural police department similair to the Dukes Of Hazzard. They will give me a hard time.

It is weird that this is coming up in your background and no charges were filed. You should check your background it is not that hard. Goggle it and you will be able to do so. Did the store take your information?Such as date of birth SS#?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

trina in Norristown, Pennsylvania

35 months ago

I have a question please help! I have a felony & mis. theft charge from 2006, can I become a RN in either Maryland or North Carolina?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

trina in Norristown, Pennsylvania

35 months ago

I have a question please help! I have a felony & mis. theft charge from 2006, can I become a RN in either Maryland or North Carolina?

trina brandon in Baltimore, Maryland

35 months ago

B in Baltimore, Maryland said: In Maryland you do not have to report this on your application unless you have been convicted of a crime. Also you will be able to take the NCLEX and get a licence even if convicted, but you will be asked to sit before the Discipline & Rehabilitation Committee and probably will have to report to them on a regular basis for a few years. This is all confidential and does not show on a license lookup.

Hi B, I have a question for you. I have a fel(1995) and a Mis(2006) theft charge on my record and not a thing since then. Would this stop me from becoming a RN in Maryland or North Carolina?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

jessica in Edmond, Oklahoma

35 months ago

I was arrested for a PI but, it was deferred will I still be able to take the NClex exam?

nursehopeful in Gainesville, Florida

34 months ago

I am applying to nursing school in florida to become an RN. when I was 18, and through a huge misunderstand, I was arrested for domestic battery. will this prevent me from being registered?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

kb in Raleigh, North Carolina

34 months ago

Does anyone know of any places that will hire an RN with a DUI in NC? There has to be places that give nurses second chances...I need a job been out of work 15 months and counting since the incident occurred. No success..to God be the Glory for only he can Judge me...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

BIZKIZ in Raleigh, North Carolina

34 months ago

Where are the Jobs for RNs with DWIs in NC?

tlcme in Crown Point, Indiana

34 months ago

Telisha in Gary, Indiana said: I live in the state of Indiana. Any DWI on your record out here you will not be accepted in any medical programs. I don't know if it is different in your state. Better to ask the school before you pay for those classes.

a dui in the state of indiana is not an automatic felony. Dui's do not prevent one from being accepted into a nursing program. I had a dark time in my life and received a few dui's. I am being monitored by the INSAP and doing well. More employers than not can hire you. I have dui felony charges pending and have been hired. I am very grateful that I did not hurt another person and that my profession still embraces me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gloria in Chicopee, Massachusetts

34 months ago

I have a couple questions and hope some of you can help me with answers. Recently I was in the car with someone who had antidepressants and antianxiety medication in their car. I was charged with Class E of a substance along with the driver of the car. Without my knowledge of them even being in the car, but just by being there I got charged too. I ended up having to go to court but the truth prevailed , and indeed the meds were proven to not be mine. Heres my question; The charges were dismissed(esponged) from my record. But, Will that still show up on my CORI report and prevent my chances of becoming a nurse? I am working so hard to fufill my nursing career, but would rather know now if it would prevent my chances of becoming employed rather than finding out further down the road. Also, does traffic violations, license suspensions, or car accidents show up on CORI reports? And, do all states have CORI reports, or does just Massachusetts have them? I'd appreciate it if some people could help me with some answers to these questions.Ive been looking everywhere for info and came across this site and think some of you may be able to help me! Thank you! Hope to hear from someone soon!

B in Baltimore, Maryland

34 months ago

Gloria in Chicopee, Massachusetts said: I have a couple questions and hope some of you can help me with answers. Recently I was in the car with someone who had antidepressants and antianxiety medication in their car. I was charged with Class E of a substance along with the driver of the car. Without my knowledge of them even being in the car, but just by being there I got charged too. I ended up having to go to court but the truth prevailed , and indeed the meds were proven to not be mine. Heres my question; The charges were dismissed(esponged) from my record. But, Will that still show up on my CORI report and prevent my chances of becoming a nurse? I am working so hard to fufill my nursing career, but would rather know now if it would prevent my chances of becoming employed rather than finding out further down the road. Also, does traffic violations, license suspensions, or car accidents show up on CORI reports? And, do all states have CORI reports, or does just Massachusetts have them? I'd appreciate it if some people could help me with some answers to these questions.Ive been looking everywhere for info and came across this site and think some of you may be able to help me! Thank you! Hope to hear from someone soon!

Make sure they did expunged your record. Even when the courts say your record is expunged you need to do paperwork to have it removed. Even when they pull your CORI (most states if not all will) you still need to write a letter of explanation. Unless you have an extreme record most can overlook it or work with you to licence you. The employers on the other hand might follow stricter rules. Don't let this prevent you from trying.

B in Baltimore, Maryland

34 months ago

Gloria in Chicopee, Massachusetts said: I have a couple questions and hope some of you can help me with answers. Recently I was in the car with someone who had antidepressants and antianxiety medication in their car. I was charged with Class E of a substance along with the driver of the car. Without my knowledge of them even being in the car, but just by being there I got charged too. I ended up having to go to court but the truth prevailed , and indeed the meds were proven to not be mine. Heres my question; The charges were dismissed(esponged) from my record. But, Will that still show up on my CORI report and prevent my chances of becoming a nurse? I am working so hard to fufill my nursing career, but would rather know now if it would prevent my chances of becoming employed rather than finding out further down the road. Also, does traffic violations, license suspensions, or car accidents show up on CORI reports? And, do all states have CORI reports, or does just Massachusetts have them? I'd appreciate it if some people could help me with some answers to these questions.Ive been looking everywhere for info and came across this site and think some of you may be able to help me! Thank you! Hope to hear from someone soon!

Make sure they did expunged your record. Even when the courts say your record is expunged you need to do paperwork to have it removed. Even when they pull your CORI (most states if not all will) you still need to write a letter of explanation. Unless you have an extreme record most can overlook it or work with you to licence you. The employers on the other hand might follow stricter rules. Don't let this prevent you from trying.

ann in Charlotte, North Carolina

33 months ago

I am wondering if someone can PLEASE help me figure this out. I am currently in pre-nursing and have applied to two nursing schools, (awaiting responses. I currently have my nurse aide I and have applied at a well respected local nursing home. Here is my worry: 3 years ago I went through a very bad divorce after 17 years of marriage, and made some really bad choices, i was arrested for precription fraud, cocaine possession, paraphenila possession. These charges were spread out over a year, I ended up with 1 conviction, which I paid alot to have fully expunged and the others were arrest that were dismissed with no plea bargin or anything just flat dismissed.
Here is my question: will the nurins home in NC be able to see my arrest (I have no convictions due to expungement) and if so can they refuse to hire me based on arrest that were dismissed. Also will I be able to get my nursing licsense with 3 arrest (no convictions) on my record.
I regret that time in my life SOOO much and have turned my life around 110%, I am just really really scarred that I am doomed over the arrest. PLEASE any advice would be great

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ksm4780 in Bradenton, Florida

33 months ago

nurse info in Sudbury, Massachusetts said: i was arrested for getting into a fight but never convicted will this stop me from becoming a nurse

Been thru this, they will want a notarized explanation but you will still get licensed and hired- k midthun RN

cherilane in Stoughton, Massachusetts

33 months ago

i was just arrested in a car where occupants had narcotics we got pulled over and i WAS arrested for possesion of narcs they were not mine but they dont believe me. will i lose my massachuttes nursing lic because of this

friend in Boiling Springs, South Carolina

32 months ago

screwed nursing student in Apalachicola, Florida said: I from Fl and what I've been told and understood if you've been arrested you've got a problem even if not convicted.

they will ask if it shows up on your record, but if your not charged and explain, you shuold be fine.

Upset Student In Fl in Zephyrhills, Florida

32 months ago

Does any one know if fl has a rule about how many years a DUI must have been ago before a hospital will hire you as a rn? Also if u already work in a hospital will they fire you for getting a DUI if not a certified liscense position? I previous DUI that was dropped to wreck less and they know I had completed my probation or that and I was hired. Wasn't sure if they would feel the same way if I am currently working for them? Any help from people in fl or similiar situations would be greatly appreciated!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Upset Student In Fl in Zephyrhills, Florida

32 months ago

Upset Student In Fl in Zephyrhills, Florida said: Does any one know if fl has a rule about how many years a DUI must have been ago before a hospital will hire you as a rn? Also if u already work in a hospital will they fire you for getting a DUI if not a certified liscense position? I previous DUI that was dropped to wreck less and they know I had completed my probation or that and I was hired. Wasn't sure if they would feel the same way if I am currently working for them? Any help from people in fl or similiar situations would be greatly appreciated!!!

Wow I am extremely tired sorry for the grammar issues...I have a previous DUI and it was dropped to wreck less and they know I had previously been on probation which they didn't seem thrilled
About. So I am nervous of this will make me lose my job? Also if fl has a rule about how long it must be before they hire u as an RN

experienced in Pittsfield, Massachusetts

32 months ago

Telisha in Gary, Indiana said: Well in the State of Indiana a DWI is a felony, they do not take lightly to DWI's. A felony keeps you out of any medical program so you wont event be able to apply for the program.

DWI's are not automatically felonies in indiana. they can be a class a or b misdemeanor as well.

unknown in Lindale, Texas

31 months ago

I have ran into a dwi conviction and wanted to obtain a license to own a home health care facility. If u have been convicted of any of the following convictions ever in life , you will not be able to obtain any type of license in the medical field for the penal safety and health codes 250 and 250.006Texas Health & Safety Code - Section 250.006. Convictions Barring Employment
§ 250.006. CONVICTIONS BARRING EMPLOYMENT. (a) A person
for whom the facility is entitled to obtain criminal history record
information may not be employed in a facility if the person has been
convicted of an offense listed in this subsection:
(1) an offense under Chapter 19, Penal Code (criminal
homicide);
(2) an offense under Chapter 20, Penal Code
(kidnapping and unlawful restraint );
(3) an offense under Section 21.11, Penal Code
(indecency with a child);
(4) an offense under Section 22.011, Penal Code
(sexual assault);
(5) an offense under Section 22.02, Penal Code
(aggravated assault);
(6) an offense under Section 22.04, Penal Code (injury
to a child, elderly individual, or disabled individual);
(7) an offense under Section 22.041, Penal Code
(abandoning or endangering child);
(8) an offense under Section 22.08, Penal Code (aiding
suicide);
(9) an offense under Section 25.031, Penal Code
(agreement to abduct from custody);
(10) an offense under Section 25.08, Penal Code (sale
or purchase of a child);
(11) an offense under Section 28.02, Penal Code
(arson);
(12) an offense under Section 29.02, Penal Code
(robbery);
(13) an offense under Section 29.03, Penal Code
(aggravated robbery); or
(14) a conviction under the laws of another state,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

hopless in Sarasota, Florida

31 months ago

I have been a RN for 20 years my issues started with match.com Altho the few things on my record are ALL Nolo, (except a trespass @ age 18 for sleeping in the basement of my boyfriends cousin (with him) his mom did not like me and had me arressted) Anyway I am a NEonatal ICU nurse ans well as multiple other disiplines and I have applied to OVER 15 area Florida Hospitals over 50-60 positions and have not been hired for any of them! the board of nursing put me on a 3 year compliance quarterly reports (over in July 2012) but was mandated in 05 but the compliance (probation) in Tolled: which means is put on hold if you cease to hold a jon that does NOT require you to have an nursing license (ie: u go to work at the Macys counter instead of working as an RN in a hospital) SO HOW DOES ON FIND A K=JOB AS A RN WHEN THE NOLO'S ON HER RECORD KEEP THE HOSPITALS FROM HIRING HER???? And in FL if you donyt have the last year current in a hospital they dont WONT hire you cause u dont have the "last year in hospital exp" WTF???????
I works and have 20+ years of Experience i have NEVER BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone Help with advice or an Amazing ATTORNEY???
I loved being a nurse!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

confusednursingstudent in Melbourne, Florida

30 months ago

NursingStudent said: I had a similar situation. I was arrested for misdemanor possesionof marijuanna in the state of Fla and believe me this will haunt you! I didn't get booked or anything and I was not convicted but the medical profession will treat any arrest as a conviction. Unless you get your record sealed/expunged you will not be allowed into clinicals and will be unable to complete your program requirements. I had my record sealed and I am now in my last semester of nursing school but the battle is not over. I have to make a special appeal to the board of nursing complete with notarized sealed copies of all documents pretaining to this arrest to have the priviledge of sitting for the boards. I have been on the dean's list since I got into college and will graduate with honors but that doesn't mean anything if I can't take the NCLEX. Dot your i's and mind your q's YOU HAVE TO ADMIT ANY/ALL ARRESTS to the board of nursing.

What was the outcome of this? Did you get to sit for the NCLEX? Did you get a job?

Evimaus in Laguna Hills, California

30 months ago

Thank you for your response, I really appreciate it. I will share this information. Good Luck to you!

Evimaus in Laguna Hills, California

30 months ago

hopless in Sarasota, Florida said: I have been a RN for 20 years my issues started with match.com Altho the few things on my record are ALL Nolo, (except a trespass @ age 18 for sleeping in the basement of my boyfriends cousin (with him) his mom did not like me and had me arressted) Anyway I am a NEonatal ICU nurse ans well as multiple other disiplines and I have applied to OVER 15 area Florida Hospitals over 50-60 positions and have not been hired for any of them! the board of nursing put me on a 3 year compliance quarterly reports (over in July 2012) but was mandated in 05 but the compliance (probation) in Tolled: which means is put on hold if you cease to hold a jon that does NOT require you to have an nursing license (ie: u go to work at the Macys counter instead of working as an RN in a hospital) SO HOW DOES ON FIND A K=JOB AS A RN WHEN THE NOLO'S ON HER RECORD KEEP THE HOSPITALS FROM HIRING HER???? And in FL if you donyt have the last year current in a hospital they dont WONT hire you cause u dont have the "last year in hospital exp" WTF???????
I works and have 20+ years of Experience i have NEVER BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone Help with advice or an Amazing ATTORNEY???
I loved being a nurse!

This is so sad. I can't believe how strickt and unaccepting people are or the rules are. I guess if nothing ever bad happens to someone they simply can't relate and they may feel others shouldn't be hired. I have learned to not judge unless I have been in the same shoes as someone. I have also learned to Never say Never, because no one knows until they are in a situation. I hope someone has good advise for you. Good Luck!

bvio in Terre Haute, Indiana

30 months ago

StudentRN in Yosemite, California said: I was just accepted to a BSN program in California. I have worked very hard to get accepted due to long waiting lists here. My question is, will a Marijuana ticket back in 2003 prevent me from getting licensed?

No it will not

PEGGY in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania

29 months ago

Hi I was wondering if anyone can give me any advice. A friend of mine is an LPN and up for license renewal this year. He has been having some maritial problems and depression in the past 5 months. Last month he was arrested for 2 DUI's (10 days apart) he has not been convicted yet, will he be able to renew his license? What should he do? He lives in PA. He has been a nurse for 6 years and just made some poor choices in the last month or two. thanks

Fran in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

29 months ago

Diane in Riverside, New Jersey said: I wouldnt say that you are jaded,Garden Girl, you are frustrated. I have been in a treatment program for over three years now. I want to go back to work as an LPN. But I havent worked since March of 04, so I now have to retake my boards. In NJ they have a program called RAMP that nurses have to do if deemed necessary, for things like DUI's and drug abuse. I am hoping I wont have to enroll because it is 5 years at 100$ per month. I never went to work impaired. But I have had DUI"s. If I am forced into this program I may just forget about the entire nursing thing. I am sober and have been for over a year. I even had to do jail time for my DUI"s. I think I have been punished enough. I am still in my treatment program, because I am also an abuse survivor, and have severe PTSD, and Major depression. Because of my disabilties, it would be impossible for me to do everything that this program requires. So hang in there, at least all you have to do is retake your boards, I have this and more to deal with, just to earn a paycheck!

Remember the saying, "you can never be needier than your patients." I'm not saying we aren't, but you won't get any sympathy in the medical professional revealing your weaknesses. Just admit you showed poor judgement and will never, ever do it again. AND DON'T.

29 months ago

rob said: Kiss your ass goodbye, Forget having an attorney represent you! DWI in the U.S. under the all seeing EYE of MADD, the lap dog of the juducial system has made having any kind of trail a joke. The modern equivalent of the old west saying that the were going to give the person a fair trial, then after were going to hang them! There is no extreme that these revenge hungry poeple will go to take away rights that in most countries consider common sense. recent case against a man in Minnisota points this out. He was convicted for DWI for falling asleep in his car, of which , in many cases is the only place that one can find shelter during an emotion episode with a spose or family member in inclement weather orcircumstances.

You are so correct. These public advocacy groups are power-mad and have reduced medical professionals, teachers and social workers to Roman slaves with their unrealistic demands and rights. How do they earn a living?

29 months ago

GIVEN UP in Antioch, California said: I am so happy for you and I don't even know you. I wish I were in your shoes. I have been looking since 2008 for a job, went to school for Sterile Processing, graduated and still can't find a job. NOt even clerical.

I just really have given up today. People say network-I have given my resume to people that I know that work in places that they say are hiring and never hear from them again. I am so frustrated. I have prayed, and prayed and prayed and I know the LOrd is not leaving me, I just know that he has so many people to help right now.

I'm desperate and now me and my spouse are talking about breaking up and going our separate ways because it's just too hard on him. I agreed. I have no more fight in me. I'm just so tired of hearing about the bills and can't do anything about it. My unemployment will be ending for good in November (99 weeks) So the best I can do is take our little one's and go and stay at my dad's one bedroom apt in a senor community and hope for the best for the next two years. I'm happy for you though. One less person in depression.

Get out of California.

airsign in Lowell, Massachusetts

29 months ago

1mrnurse in Corpus Christi, Texas said: Hello: As you should know, an arrest record will forever show any, any, any arrest you have ever been arrested for. You do have the option of showing by certified court record that the charge was dismissed. But how many employers would even ask; most presume that if you were arrested for a charge obviously you were guilty.
It is not fare but it is true. 1mrnurse

This is true HOWEVER I am sure the employer would be looking for the result because if the charge is listed but no conviction (people dealing with CORI Checks know how to read them and understand them) then you were arrested but were you charged were you convicted? If yes then the result is there also. They can not ASSUME people are guilty because they were arrested that is crazy.When and if you are ever called for jury duty remember that your dealing with lives in your hands and just because someone is in court as a defendant it DOES NOT mean they are Automatically GUILTY . There is a difference between being arrested and being charged with something.There are many parts to this and it is called the Judicial System.

airsign in Lowell, Massachusetts

29 months ago

sharimagia in Brooklyn, New York said: I was wondering if you have a conviction and you tell the boards, is it on your license? If you have a seal conviction, do you still have to tell the boards about it? When you do, does that mean potential employers will be able to know about it because your license says you do?

I believe that there is a general law that all hospitals,schools,nursing facilities,have to do a CORI check so whether the BON knows or not it is on the CORI as sealed so they know something is there which gets them more curious one would think so the employer would see there was something. Be honest and upfront before they even run the CORI if they can still hire you within their guidelines maybe you will have a shot at it esp if you really want the job. They will appreciate your honesty and it will lessen your anxiety.

Millie Ray in Connecticut

23 months ago

Many years ago, my partner and I were arrested for several marijuana charges. My case was nolled the following year. I applied to and recently graduated from nursing school. I have done background checks on myself which yield ABSOLUTELY nothing...(sigh)but if someone were to follow thru and look at my partner's record, his convictions are listed. No questions came up when I applied to school, took a job at a hospital, applied to take the boards and my nursing license. While I cannot locate an arrest record for myself, could it still be out there, and might an employer pass me over if they see my partner's record? My lawyer advised me that I do not have to ever mention the incident, and there was no conviction. I have had trouble finding work, and are so scared that this information has already prevented me from being hired. Any thoughts?

iamwg in Tampa, Florida

16 months ago

Here in Florida, to the best of my understanding, they only look back 15 years. That includes felonies. I would think that you are safe.

I just got my background report back and I had a DUI 28 years ago ..it showed up and when I went to Clerk of courts they have "Destroyed" my File. They gave me a certified letter stating that. So now I am writing my letter of circumstance ect. This is crazy.

sreutt2@verizon.net in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

16 months ago

Isabel in San Bruno, California said: Hi all. I just recently graduated with my BSN and was recently charged with a DUI (a.k.a. DWI) in California after celebrating with classmates one night. The charges are still pending with the court here in California. It was a horrible mistake to drive even though I thought I was the most sober one out of everyone. Stupid me. I should've, could've, would've done things differently that night, but it's too late now. I have been going crazy thinking about my recent misdemeanor charge (my first one). I'm so terrified of the fact that I won't be able to get my RN license now. My question for you guys is, will I be able to still take the NCLEX board exam to get my RN license? I know California is one of the toughest states to get your RN license in. The Boards in California ask for the date/recency of each time you've been arrested, convicted, and even dismissed charges all of them with detailed explainations, letters of recommendations, and proof of rehabilitation. I want to know if I should consider moving to another state to take the board exam to get my RN license, and if so, which states are less strict on getting licensed with a DUI or DWI. I still want to become an RN more than anything and would do just about anything to be able to take the board exam to become licensed! I would hate for my BSN to go to waste over one DUI misdemeanor. I already learned my lesson. I will never forget this experience. I am trying to move on with my life now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

You can get ARD for you DUI since it is your first conviction. Then you have to write to Boards explain that you regret, how and why this happened. And get treatment and summit to board you get treatment. You will get your license and your record will be expunged because it is first time. Do not worry. Good luck

sreutt2@verizon.net in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

16 months ago

sharimagia in Brooklyn, New York said: I was wondering if you have a conviction and you tell the boards, is it on your license? If you have a seal conviction, do you still have to tell the boards about it? When you do, does that mean potential employers will be able to know about it because your license says you do?

No conviction is not on your license. Even it is sealed you still have to tell Boards.But not to employers.

Chrystal Smith in Cartersville, Georgia

14 months ago

Every board looks at each individual case differently, if you've never held a license and are graduating from school , the board will give you access to take exams but the initial license may be denied. In this event appeal the decision and hire an attorney to help you in an administrative hearing with the board. Never face them without representation. Plead your case show them you are remorseful and what you plan to do to make sure you violate no more codes of conduct. Don't let anything stop you from applying, reapplying or appealing. Be upfront and honest, there are people out there including board members who don't have a sparkling resume or are dealing with a child with the same. Don't be afraid to appeal to the human side of people. It will be tough but it can be done.

jennifer12

11 months ago

Iam an RN who recently failed a urine test for marijuana. I had smoked 2.5 weeks prior to help side effects of a new med I am taking for breast cancer, I was willing to try anything the nausea gets unbearable-it didn't help that much. I am afraid I am going to loose my license,does anyone know how the process goes? Should I be concerned? I was so stupid, but, I never thought it would stay in my system.

am in Worcester, Massachusetts

10 months ago

Tim in Binghamton, New York said: I have been convicted of a dwai and marijuana possession in nys and a dwi in nj. I am graduating from Binghamton University 2009, but I contacted the NYS board and they informed me as long it is not a misdeamnor or felony, I don't have to list it on my RN license application. The only problem is getting hired becasue it depends on the hospital .

you can have your CORI sealed in MA, and first time drug convictions have no waiting period also, you have to have not been in trouble for a notable time, and you have to explain how this mistake(s) have made it difficult for you to obtain employment and sustain yourself - that you have changed your life for the better and pretty much prove you are going to be a productive member of the society, unless they want you to sit on welfare and suck the system dry like many do, and I'm not being stereotypical, I receive food stamps, but I work and contribute, but do need help. Anyway, have your record sealed and then you can say no on your job apps going forward. Sealing it is not as hard as you think, go here for the forms.

www.massresources.org/cori.html#seal

am in Worcester, Massachusetts

10 months ago

Millie Ray in Connecticut said: Many years ago, my partner and I were arrested for several marijuana charges. My case was nolled the following year. I applied to and recently graduated from nursing school. I have done background checks on myself which yield ABSOLUTELY nothing...(sigh)but if someone were to follow thru and look at my partner's record, his convictions are listed. No questions came up when I applied to school, took a job at a hospital , applied to take the boards and my nursing license. While I cannot locate an arrest record for myself, could it still be out there, and might an employer pass me over if they see my partner's record? My lawyer advised me that I do not have to ever mention the incident, and there was no conviction. I have had trouble finding work, and are so scared that this information has already prevented me from being hired. Any thoughts?

you can have your CORI sealed in MA, and first time drug convictions have no waiting period also, you have
to have not been in trouble for a notable time, and you have to explain how this mistake(s) have made it d
ifficult for you to obtain employment and sustain yourself - that you have changed your life for the
and pretty much prove you are going to be a productive member of the society, unless they want you to sit
on welfare and suck the system dry like many do, and I'm not being stereotypical, I receive food stamps, b
ut I work and contribute, but do need help. Anyway, have your record sealed and then you can say no on your job
apps going forward. Sealing it is not as hard as you think, go here for the forms.

www.massresources.org/cori.html#seal

Page:  « First « Previous   6  7  8  9   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.