Foreign applicants to become RN

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 69 of 69)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

cynthiaadomako in Houston, Texas

14 months ago

My exams is in September, I will get the book from Amazon as well but are you taking a review class Bree?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bree in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

14 months ago

Hi Cynthia, no I am not taking a review class- what is this?

Afua in Bronx, New York

14 months ago

Cynthia Ado mako in Houston, Texas said: Hello everyone, I have been authorised by Cgfns to take their exams before I can take the Nclex RN, please can anyone tell me what books they used and what to expect in the Cgfns exams. I tried the CES but Cgfns didn't give me a comparability because my linsence was a midwifery linsence but I have been authorised to take the Cgfns exams. Please help with comments. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Cynthia, eti sen? Am in a similar situation. I did mental health, and have been turned down by New York state. Please share your experience with me. How do I get to write the CGFNS exams? So stressed out.

Afua in Bronx, New York

14 months ago

gmzmrth in Salinas, California said: so how can a usa cna be canada cna

Seriously? What part of Canada? Cos I know lots of Canadian nurses coming to the states for better wages

14 months ago

Bree in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hi Cynthia, no I am not taking a review class- what is this?

I was a midwife tho but they said should I pass the cgfns and Nclex I can work as an RN and not a midwife. Thanx can I have your email

14 months ago

Afua in Bronx, New York said: Cynthia, eti sen? Am in a similar situation. I did mental health , and have been turned down by New York state. Please share your experience with me. How do I get to write the CGFNS exams? So stressed out.

Can I be your email?

Afua in Bronx, New York

14 months ago

Thanks Cynthia. It's Nyamenim@aol.com. Will be glad to get the right info. ASAP

Sergey in Chatham, New Jersey

13 months ago

Cynthia Ado mako in Houston, Texas said: Hello everyone, I have been authorised by Cgfns to take their exams before I can take the Nclex RN, please can anyone tell me what books they used and what to expect in the Cgfns exams. I tried the CES but Cgfns didn't give me a comparability because my linsence was a midwifery linsence but I have been authorised to take the Cgfns exams. Please help with comments. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Check www.cicnurse.com. Amazing training program. 200% Better than Kaplan or others

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

elizabethlartey in Algonquin, Illinois

12 months ago

Please am from Ghana and never schooled in the state I was studying psychiatric nursing was left with a year to complete but my papers arrived please I still want to study BT my green card does not allow me to stay in Ghana for a year to complete and return so please if am to start all over here what do I need and how to get started since I have never studied in the state

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sulyan in Fairfax, Virginia

12 months ago

Hello everyone! I want to share my experience about how to become a RN in the USA when you already studied Nursing abroad.
First, I studied Nursing in my native country Peru, I got my BSN there. Then I worked as a RN for two years until I moved with my husband to the USA. When I got here, I started the paperwork to validate my Peruvian BSN. I did the whole process through CGFNS. CGFNS asks you for your transcript from the school or college you had attended as well as you for your BSN certificate (more things that you can find in their official website). Anyway then I had to choose where I wanted to get my license so I choose Maryland. After that CGFNS has to assess all your paperwork to see if this comparable to a BSN in the USA, fortunately mine was comparable and I didn't have to take a extra course. Then CGFNS will tell you to take the English test (if the board of nursing where you applying requires it). After you pass the English test you may need to start the paperwork through your Board of nursing. You will receive a package with the steps to follow. So you need to do background check,take your finger prints and all that staff. Once you have completed all this, your board of nursing will give you your authorization to test (ATT). You may need to choose when to take the NCLEX-RN test. So I did it. I passed the NCLEX test on my second try. However, since I was out of nursing field for more that 3 years my board of nursing required me to take a Refresher course. I just fished it last August. Now I'm a Active RN looking for a job. Here is where it starts. No jobs. Nursing field in this area is so saturated I can't find a job. I had applied on VA, MD, DC. not response from anyone. I had applied for many positions in many hospitals.I don't want to discourage anyone, just I'm telling my experience and let you know whats going on now. This website explain NO "nursing Shortage" allnurses.com/general-nursing-discussion/new-grad-rn-976951.html

Mona sandhu in Calgary, Alberta

7 months ago

sarpreetgill in Calgary, Alberta said: Hi amanpreet.I am also in the same boat.I am also in calgary.Did u find something useful?? Plz share it with me.I am also looking for some guidance.thanks in advance

Hi Sarpreet gill .. I'm also living in calgary. I'm also have same situation. Did u find anything ??

Prat in Gold Coast, Australia

7 months ago

Simmi in Sacramento, California said: Hi

I am in the same boat, Have you found any courses you were looking for?

Hi, Were you guys able to find courses in California?

mary in Minneapolis, Minnesota

3 months ago

cynthiaadomako in Houston, Texas said: I was a midwife tho but they said should I pass the cgfns and Nclex I can work as an RN and not a midwife. Thanx can I have your email

Hello,
I came across your messages on indeed.com website. I have a question and would be so grateful if you provide me any advice or guidance. I hold a master's degree in midwifery. Midwifery is a branch of nursing in my country but a direct entry program at the same time. CGFNS reported as follows on my application:
"There is no comparable program of education in the
United States, since entrance into a midwifery program in
the United States requires completion of a general
registered nurse program.The applicant had also educational deficiencies in the
following:
- 0 hours of clinical practice completed in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing (excluding neurology)."
Because of their report the Minnesota Board of Nursing turned down my application. Would you tell me who did you get them to authorize you to take the RN exam?

3 months ago

cynthiaadomako in Houston, Texas said: My exams is in September, I will get the book from Amazon as well but are you taking a review class Bree?

Hello,
I came across your messages on indeed.com website. I have a question and would be so grateful if you provide me any advice or guidance. I hold a master's degree in midwifery. Midwifery is a branch of nursing in my country but a direct entry program at the same time. CGFNS reported as follows on my application:
"There is no comparable program of education in the
United States, since entrance into a midwifery program in
the United States requires completion of a general
registered nurse program.The applicant had also educational deficiencies in the
following:
- 0 hours of clinical practice completed in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing (excluding neurology)."
Because of their report the Minnesota Board of Nursing turned down my application. Would you tell me how did you get them to authorize you to take the RN exam?

3 months ago

cynthiaadomako in Houston, Texas said: I was a midwife tho but they said should I pass the cgfns and Nclex I can work as an RN and not a midwife. Thanx can I have your email

Cynthia, could you please tell me how could you get them to authorize you to take the exam? Thanks, Mary

Miriam in Granada Hills, California

3 months ago

Hi I was wondering if you ever hot your credentials trepansfered? If you went forward I wish you can tell me about your experience, I would really appreciate it.

Miriam in Granada Hills, California

3 months ago

taous in Gardner, Kansas said: Hi I was in a RN in psychiatric hospital in my country Algeria . I come to U.S two years ago. I m a permanent resident pleas if any body can help me how do I start the process . I all ready talked with CGFNS . i WAS TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW DO I evaluate my transcript and all stuff. then they tolled me first you need to call to your state boarding of nursing which is Kansas I m going to call them it is hard to get somebody on the phone pleas again if any body had some situation pleas contact me or give me your email thankx.

Hi I was wondering if you went on with the process and how was it?
I would really appreciate the feedback
Thank you

jenny in Manassas, Virginia

2 months ago

hi, am jenny, i had my friend help me hack my ex's email, facebook, whatsapp,and his phone cause i suspected he was cheating. all he asked for was his phone number. and As a parent,if you want to know what your kids do on a daily basis on social networks (This includes facebook, twitter ,instagram, whatsapp, WeChat and others to make sure they're not getting into trouble, Name it, he can get the job done his a professional hacker.Contact him on email <hmind2409@gmail.com>..IF u need help tell him jenny referred you to him and he'll help. Am sure his going to help you do it, good luck hg

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Reneta Milanova in Randolph, New Jersey

11 days ago

Hello cynthiaadomako, Can you give more information about CGFNS exam.I am midwifery from Ukraine and try to be authorised from them to take NCLEX RN exam. NY department of Nursing didn't authorized me because am also MD from Bulgaria.It's consider high level of education.can you please proved me more information about how you can take NCLEX RN with midwifery diploma.
Thank you in advance.

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.