H1C visa but employer froze hiring

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 72)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

verna in Plano, Texas

75 months ago

I am a foreign trained RN, passed the NCLEX with license in California and Illinois (currently processing). Arrived in the US 2 months ago through H1C visa, then got a call from my employer who said that they froze their hiring as of the moment and gave me approximately 6 more months of waiting. I need a job ASAP (to pay for the $ 4,000 that the agent asked me upon signing the contract for the processing of my visa) but my status (H1c visa) does not permit me to work in another institution. Does anybody have suggestions regarding my situation?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (61) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Austin in Columbia, South Carolina

75 months ago

Verna, you can work for another institution but you have get sponsership from them that means You have to go through the all process the same way you got your H1C.I am not sure what happend your situation,usually you have to have your job started when you are arrived. you came through any agency?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

verna in Plano, Texas

75 months ago

Austin, thanks for the reply. I came through a recruiter who works directly for the hospital..like a middle-man of some sort. Although she partnered with an agency from where I came from just to process labor issues and flight schedules. But when it comes to my application and employment, I made arrangements directly with her. The recruiter told me that the hospital cannot accommodate me as of the moment because those RN's whose contracts are about to expire (or had expired)didn't file for resignation because of the recent economic condition (it might be hard for them to look for another job). So, I and a number of other RN's they recruited and are already here in the US are left hanging and jobless as of the moment. That's why I'm looking for ways how to address this situation in a proper way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Verna, what do you mean by addressing this situation properly? do you mean going against the employer? where do you came? just that place. how many of you guys have same situation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

verna in Plano, Texas

75 months ago

No, that's not what I meant. We don't want to go against the employer, of course. We don't want to compromise anybody. We are just looking for suggestions about what we can do with regards to our situation, besides waiting for them to let us start working. We need our job but they cannot provide that to us as of the moment. Are there other ways besides waiting? I believe there are more than 10 of us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Verna, best of knowledge only i can say wait until employer provide those jobs.because find a new employer and do the process again may take longer than 6 months.I cannot agree with that employer and that agent because they should provide atleast accomodation.That is very important.

verna in Plano, Texas

75 months ago

Austin in Columbia, South Carolina said: Verna, best of knowledge only i can say wait until employer provide those jobs.because find a new employer and do the process again may take longer than 6 months.I cannot agree with that employer and that agent because they should provide atleast accomodation.That is very important.

Thanks Austin.

AC in Carol Stream, Illinois

74 months ago

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida said: Verna, sorry, but maybe you should go home. We don't have enough jobs, including nursing jobs, here for the Americans here who support America. The reason corporations recruit out of the country is to hire someone for lower wages.

President Roosevelt touted "a chicken in every pot" - meaning a job for every American. Bush changed that.

Sorry, folks, but that's my opinion.

Verna, I don't think you should go back home. I know it's rough but if I'm guessing it right, you are one of the nurses who are still waiting for that starting date in this hospital that I'm currently working for. Don't loose hope because I know for a fact that 12 of those nurses have just started working recently and hopefully you would to.

America still needs to "recruit-out" nurses to take care of the "Americans here who support America". That is why an H1C visa was created, to fill in those jobs in areas where my fellow Americans would rather not.

"By the year 2020, it is estimated that in Illinois there will be a shortage of more than 21,000 nurses. To address this concern, we created the Illinois Center for Nursing. The Center will ensure that we are identifying and providing the resources necessary to recruit and train more highly-skilled nurses in Illinois."--taken from Illinois Center for Nursing website.

So, goodluck and see you around.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pooja in IL in Gary, Indiana

73 months ago

Verna, You can directly approach hospitals who can hire on H1C.. there are couple of agencies which can transfer your H1C. You can start working immediately and H1C transfer will be going on parallely.. Could you please send your consultant contact details.. I also want to apply for H1C.. Thanks for your help..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jonlin in Kingston, Jamaica

72 months ago

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida said: Verna, sorry, but maybe you should go home. We don't have enough jobs, including nursing jobs, here for the Americans here who support America. The reason corporations recruit out of the country is to hire someone for lower wages.

President Roosevelt touted "a chicken in every pot" - meaning a job for every American. Bush changed that.

Sorry, folks, but that's my opinion.

oh mary, mary...u are quite contrary! I pray that everytime u get ill or some one for u gets ill its an "American Nurse" that looks after you...and since there arent enough jobs for the nurses who are "american" please tell me why I am looking at returned request for 10 nurses to fill needs in my hospital...and I have posted adds on every major website and newspaper and still no reply? Oh mary....if u only knew

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

irapuri in Los Angeles, California

72 months ago

Scheila We have a Nursing Consulting Company in California, Who do the same thing, let me check with our Hospitals,I think I can place you in California,

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Scheila in Sparta, New Jersey

72 months ago

Ok.. so how can I contact you?
I am ready to start working.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Karen in Los Angeles, California

72 months ago

Please visit the website of this Staffing Company: wwww.medcentric.net Call them and they might be able to help you.

Pooja in IL in Gary, Indiana said: Verna, You can directly approach hospitals who can hire on H1C.. there are couple of agencies which can transfer your H1C. You can start working immediately and H1C transfer will be going on parallely.. Could you please send your consultant contact details.. I also want to apply for H1C.. Thanks for your help..

Karen in Los Angeles, California

72 months ago

Please visit www.medcentric.net They might be able to help you

fang tracy in Los Angeles, California

72 months ago

hi irapuri, I am living in Los Angeles now. I have got the RN license here and passed the IELTS as well. Do your company sponsor any visa? thanks

doma sherpa in ktm in Kathmandu, Nepal

71 months ago

hi iam doma sherpa i live in kathmandu
i have passed my anm corse

jaya_rn in Orange, California

70 months ago

irapuri in Los Angeles, California said: Scheila We have a Nursing Consulting Company in California, Who do the same thing, let me check with our Hospitals,I think I can place you in California,

Thanks

could you please email the name of the consulting firm to do H1C visa thanks
Jaya

galore asero in Chicago Heights, India

70 months ago

hi! Verna . it seems that were in the same situation.A hospital in chicago gave me a visa and paid them 4000 thou. then i just found out theres no job available.They should not sponspor a lot of nurses if they can't provide jobs. Im planning to report them to Labor dept. ..

jaya_m in Orange, California

70 months ago

Could anybody email the reliable agency for filing H1C Visa?

Thanks
Jaya

MARN in Avon, Massachusetts

70 months ago

The DOL identified the following 14 hospitals as currently eligible to participate in the H1C program:

Beaumont Regional Medical Center, Beaumont, Texas
Beverly Hospital, Montebello, California
Doctors Medical Center, Modesto, California
Elizabeth General Medical Center, Elizabeth, New Jersey
Fairview Park Hospital, Dublin, Georgia
Lutheran Medical Center, St. Louis, Missouri
McAllen Medical Center, McAllen, Texas
Mercy Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland
Mercy Regional Medical Center, Laredo, Texas
Peninsula Hospital Medical Center, Far Rockaway, New York
Southeastern Regional Medical Center, Lumberton, North Carolina
Southwest General Hospital, San Antonio, Texas
St. Bernard Hospital, Chicago, Illinois
Valley Baptist Medical Center, Harlingen,

I believe the visa experience in December, highly unlikely a hospital will hire for 6 months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

galore asero in Rockford, Illinois

70 months ago

Hi anybody here who was sponsored by chicago hospital who are still jobless?

MARN in Avon, Massachusetts

70 months ago

Galore, you do realize the H1C is set to expire in December ?

If the hospital took $4k they are breaking the law. Do you think your agency took the money?

You chances of staying legally in the USA are near zero if the hospital does not employ you. Find legal counsel ASAP.

70 months ago

Hi Marn. I got a H1c Visa already and it is valid until 2011.They said they use the money for legal fees. Any advise. im really disappointed with the hospital because they should not sponsor us if they can't provide jobs. Im thinking of reporting this to labor asap. I found several nurses that the hospital sponsor and jobless also.

70 months ago

Hi anobody here with H1c Visa but no job?

A Nurse in Sonora, California

70 months ago

First of all, if you are out of work - you are out of status. Second, H-1C program expires in December 2009 and if it won't be extended then you have to leave the country or change to a different status. Third, if they brought you in, they have to pay you, otherwise the hospital needs to terminate your position, cancel your H-1C, notify USCIS, and buy you a return ticket. Fourth, you were not supposed to pay any fees to any agents. Hospital was supposed to have all the legal expenses. I think it's OK if you paid for your airfare. Fifth, you are out of work, you will not be able to change your status to any other one, because you are out of status. You will have to return to your home country and apply from there.

aHMAD in Chicago Heights, Illinois

70 months ago

hIC VISA APPLICATION IS ONLY UNTIL DEC 2009 HOWEVER IF YOU HAVE AN APPROVE PETITION ALREADY YOU CAN WORK UNTIL THAT VISA VALIDITY EXPIRES.. HOPE THAT HELP.

Benjamin Guth in Toronto, Ontario

70 months ago

H1-C Visa holders who are currently working in the US (currently employed by a hospital or in a health care position) qualify for permanant residency in Canada. Canada is still experiencing a labor shortage and has opened its borders to RNs (any H1-C holder) and their families. The process takes about a year and you do NOT require a job offer from a Canadian employer, although we at Diamond Global CAN help you find one.
Please send your resume and a brief letter explaining your current situation to b.guth@diamondglobal.ca

Please remember that you must have a valid H1-C with a year remaining on the expiration.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bango in Columbia, South Carolina

70 months ago

Hi, Benjamin i think you dont know very much about the American Immigration. First of all H1C visa only valued for only 3 years.There is no extension. Someone currently holding a H1C visa, they can remain in the U.S until the visa expires.They dont have to go back until the visa period expires.

Benjamin Guth in Toronto, Ontario

70 months ago

Then I guess my target market is those who are on their second year of the H1-C program. When the visa expires in the US, if the holder has begun the Canadian Immigration program early enough, they can immigrate to Canada (with their families) as Permanent Residents.

Ian Inso in Mission, Texas

70 months ago

Hi im from mission texas and I am currently holding an H1c visa that would expire on 2011 , Im originally from the philliphines and I am wondering if its possible for me to go on vacation to the philliphines even with an H1c visa status, would I still be able to come back here in the US? Please help me on this,, Thank you very much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sun in Irving, Texas

70 months ago

I am interested in H1C visa, and I want hear many of information(facts) or opinion from many of people. I am a Korean, and I graduated nursing school in U.S.A.. I earned RN licensure on June.

galore asero in Rockford, Illinois

70 months ago

Ian u can go as long as your visa is still valid when u comes back.. Do u know if your hospital is still doing the h1c visa? thanks alot.mabuhay!

70 months ago

galore asero in Rockford, Illinois said: Ian u can go as long as your visa is still valid when u comes back.. Do u know if your hospital is still doing the h1c visa? thanks alot.mabuhay!

Yes I believe so,im not sure though because the last time I heard they still are accepting applications for H1c. I think there is no problem when it comes to hospitals sponsoring who.. the bottle neck comes within the immigration where there is cap number of applications for a certain year and a deadline for application... I am just concern and worried that even with a valid H1c the immigration might hold me upon entry here in the US due to some red tape of some kind that is usually common with immigration paperwork..Do you know anyone who has gone home and came back here in the US using H1c?

Confused RN in Sherman Oaks, California

70 months ago

Hi please can anyone enlighten me here. How come there are some saying that H1c is going to expire this year and someone is saying that his H1c visa is going to expire on 2011? Which one is correct? For someone like us also aspiring to have H1C visa, can we still hope to get one this year? We know that EB3 visa is in retrogression right now and no one knows when it is going to move. Anyone who has the reliable knowledge, please share it here so that anyone would be enlightened.....

ahmed in Chicago Heights, Illinois

70 months ago

The application of H1C will be until dec. of this yr only. However if will be granted a H1c most definitely it will be valid until 2011 because of 2 yr validity.

Krishna Patel in Chicago Heights, Illinois

70 months ago

Ian Do u know how long t will take to have my license endorse in texas if i have a IL license already.How about the website of your hospital if you dont mind.. Thanks

Krishna Patel in Chicago Heights, Illinois

70 months ago

Ian, H1c Visa is also like H1B. you can go for a vacation as long as your visa is still valid when you comes back.Theres nothing to worry about that!

70 months ago

So wat happens after dec 2009? wat happens to those international students who are still seeking to get a job here in the US after they graduate?

mscfop3 in Fort Wayne, Indiana

69 months ago

Verna , We have the same problem, I guess we also have the same Employer in Chicago Illinois and the same Illegal recruiter :-) We arrived here 2 months ago, upon arrival, they say that they stopped hiring from other counries, but I have a notarized written document stating that they will hire me and my wife as an RN in their Hospital (SBH) Duly signed by their Vice president, and she also got $4000 each, coz my wife is also a nurse. I know about 8 more people back in our country who is desperately trying to contact the redruiter but to no avail. Maybe we can talk in private and see what legal matters we can do:-) this is a large scale Illegal recruitment and estaffa case :-) we are now based 3 hours away from chicago illinois,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rn in Avon, Massachusetts

69 months ago

Unfortunately a H1C is tied to only 14 hospitals, if you are not employed you are required to return home. I think your issue is with the recruiter not the hospital. As I am exiting the country I would report them to Immigration you were scammed. The next time you come to the USA hire an immigration lawyer, it will be cheaper and less heartache.

New graduates unless you have an advance degree with a license do not qualify for H1B. You will qualify for one year OPT and you will have to return to your home country. Sorry for all the bad news.

Prashant in Lomita, California

69 months ago

verna in Plano, Texas said: I am a foreign trained RN, passed the NCLEX with license in California and Illinois (currently processing). Arrived in the US 2 months ago through H1C visa, then got a call from my employer who said that they froze their hiring as of the moment and gave me approximately 6 more months of waiting. I need a job ASAP (to pay for the $ 4,000 that the agent asked me upon signing the contract for the processing of my visa) but my status (H1c visa) does not permit me to work in another institution. Does anybody have suggestions regarding my situation?

Can please send me the agency name and e-mail, so that I can also apply for H1C
visa.

NAloko ako in Rockford, Illinois

69 months ago

Mscfop3 Hi i want to talk with you im also one of those nurses sponspred by st bernard hospital but they cant provide jobs now. I paid 4 thousand also.can i have you email?or phone number..

Sun Han in Irving, Texas

69 months ago

My email address is skhan_1004@yahoo.co.kr

nalokoako in Chicago Heights, Illinois

69 months ago

Check ur mail. i did e mail you already!

mscfop3 in Floral Park, New York

69 months ago

NAloko ako in Rockford, Illinois said: Mscfop3 Hi i want to talk with you im also one of those nurses sponspred by st bernard hospital but they cant provide jobs now. I paid 4 thousand also.can i have you email?or phone number..

my email ad is philip_padoriii@yahoo.com ,

prashant in Santa Clara, California

69 months ago

irapuri in Los Angeles, California said: Scheila We have a Nursing Consulting Company in California, Who do the same thing, let me check with our Hospitals,I think I can place you in California,

Thanks

Hi,

My brother Prashant is RN. He did his RN from India . He came to US on student visa and took several englist course. He just pass NCLEX. We are searching recruiter so we can do contract. Will you please let us know what we need to do.

Thanks,

rami

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

wigglecar10 in Forest Hills, New York

69 months ago

hi, im here in new york, and i also heard about the h1c visa, im on a tourist visa looking for a job as a nurse, i passed also the exam and have necessary documents, NY license, Visa screen. I was planning to go home but then a friend of mine tell me that one hospital in mississisppi is hiring nurse un h1c visa, so i give my resume and documents to an agency that will pass my resume to the hospital. my question is how long is the processing of this visa?

im staying here for about 2 months from now, i could stay here until december. How about if i come home and then wait the visa in my country or just look for a agency that sponsor eb3 and just wait for longer years. I asked one agency here in NY for eb3 and they said they are closed for petitioning, how can i be filled now?

please I need your advice thanks

Prashant in Harbor City, California

69 months ago

Dear Friend,

Can you please send me the e-mail address and contact no of that agency, so that I can also file my H1C through that agency, and actually H1C visa process take 2 to 6 months,

bye and take care,

God bless u,

shiela prahsan in Homewood, Illinois

69 months ago

hi my wife is a nurse in india but she have a ny license alreadu can you share the hospital in missisippi. hopefully you can help me. thank you.

Pooja in Chicago, Illinois

69 months ago

Please let me know the recruiter names and contact details...

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.