No Jobs for Registered Nurses Anywhere

Comments (1 to 50 of 164)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

nojobRNohio in Dayton, Ohio

40 months ago

Yes, there are two things you can do. In fact if it were me, I would do them both. First, sign up for an RN refresher program at a local community college or nursing program. Or check the internet for one, some are available online. Some even include an internship usually for about 40 hours which is a great marketing tool when looking for a job. Second, apply at the hospitals, most of them that hire nurses who need to brush up on their skills will give you extra time during your orientation to relearn what you need like giving shots IM. Most hospitals have special internships for nurses who have not practiced in a while but usually you have to be out of nursing for 5 years or so. Still, make sure they know you need extra time during orientation to relearn the basics. Most importantly they need to know that your greatest strength is knowing your weakness. Ask lots of questions during orientation, there is no such thing as a dumb question. Get into a RN reentry program it will do wonders for your confidence!!

nojobRNohio in Dayton, Ohio

40 months ago

does anyone know a way to get an RN job if you have a restriction on your license that is temporary. Who hires nurses with restrictions??? Thanks for your help, I have been looking for 2 years and have had maybe 4 interviews. The first one went great until I told the interviewer about the restriction (Which would not have affected the job) and she instantly looked at me like I was some kind of monster! The interview concluded, and I got the rejection letter 30 minutes later! It was extremely depressing!

nojobRNohio in Dayton, Ohio

40 months ago

Well the restriction will stay according to the Ohio board of nursing until I start working and am monitored for a while. Then they will take it off. You would be surprised how many places require unrestricted license. I have almost looked everywhere. I am planning a large mailing of resumes by the end of January and actually I am an accomplished photographer and have decided to start a photography business. They make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year so I am going to give it a try and see what happens and in my spare time, I will look for a nursing job. That is the game plan for 2012. Wish me luck!

terri in Brookhaven, New York

40 months ago

It's a really good idea to start fresh with a new career such as photography.

Go with it if you really enjoy it. That's the way to make a living--enjoying what you like.

You can look for a nursing job along the way if you really feel that it is necessary.

terri in Brookhaven, New York

40 months ago

Did you pay alot for the refresher course?

Melissa Rothstein in Riverside, California

40 months ago

Some refresher classes are expensive but others are fairly affordable. It is important to continue education especially in such a competitive industry.

Elka in New York, New York

39 months ago

How about New Grads with BS in nursing? No jobs in New York for us. They want at least 1 year experience. If they don't give us a chance to get hired we will not have it.

If you know who is hiring NEW Grads let me know please!

Ines in Spring, Texas

38 months ago

Hello everyone. I just completed getting my RN license in Texas. I have many years of experience in my country, but I have never work in the US. I am working on my English and I want still in my field. If anyone knows somebody in the Houston area who can give a opportunity I will appreciate it.

bluesy51 in Albany, New York

29 months ago

terri in Brookhaven, New York said: Did you pay alot for the refresher course?

THEY ARE 30 AN UP FOR THE ONES THAT I HAVE SEEN.

bluesy51 in Albany, New York

29 months ago

terri in Brookhaven, New York said: In NY prison jobs are coveted. The pay is good. The job is easy. It is very safe. I tried to get a prison job after a friend of mine retired from it...No Luck

TRY THE NURSING AGENCIES ,, THEY LOTS OF TIMES PLACE NURSES IN CORRECTIONAL FAC.

bluesy51 in Albany, New York

29 months ago

terri in Brookhaven, New York said: It's a really good idea to start fresh with a new career such as photography.

Go with it if you really enjoy it. That's the way to make a living--enjoying what you like.

You can look for a nursing job along the way if you really feel that it is necessary.

YOU ARE RIGHT.. NURSING IS A DRAG NOWADAYS

Inland Empire student in Rancho Cucamonga, California

29 months ago

How about nursing in the military? You can do reserve or active duty. But reserve might send you on a few active duty employments.

bluesy51 in Ballston Spa, New York

29 months ago

I am 61 .. military nursing in not an option.. I am considering some other career

bluesy51 in Albany, New York

28 months ago

janet101360@gmail.com in Lynnwood, Washington said: I have been an RN for 30 years and a hospital I worked for fired me for a very minor thing. Now no one will even look at me. It has been almost three years and I have done the agency thing which is a rip off in so many ways I can't even tell you. But I can tell you that unless you know personally a manager who will hire you, younare going to have a very hard time finding a job.I've seen nursing shortages and a glut of nurses, but this is different- people can't even get jobs in LTC nursing homes or any other places where you use to be able to find work even if you had to wait several years to geinto a hospital where you want to work . My advise is go into something else for a long while as the economy is so different nothat they are hiring anyone but RN's for jobs,when they use to lay off the LPN's etc and only use RN's. I'll pray for all of us who are in trouble now. I have no other skills now- I can'y even get a cashier job.

God.. this really sucks.. I totally agree with you because I am living it. What do you do when nursing is all you know and you cant get a job as a nurse!!.. I've tried real estate ( that was a bust)..right now I am living with help from one of my sons and spousal survivor's benefits.. All that education and training.. and here I am at 61 barely getting by.

Dee in Baltimore, Maryland

28 months ago

Being that my sister is a nurse, I am highly considering becoming an RN. However, my sister became an RN back in 2001 (right after she earned her BSN degree). I am very shocked about reading this thread since the OOH says that there are many openings for nurses. They shouldn't be falsifying info.

janet101360@gmail.com in Bothell, Washington

28 months ago

I am also an RN with 30 years experience in all areas of med/surg/onc. I was also an assistant director. I live in Seattle and I also cannot find a job anywhere as they are hiring all lower paid RN's or taking on LPN's and having an RN oversee them like they use to do 20 yrs ago. Basically if you don't have a job now -you may never get one again as they start looking at how long it has been since you last worked in a field or specialty dept, not to mention the preference for minorities, new grads, vets. Why are they telling everyone to go into nursing when there really are no jobs unless you know someone who will hire you?

Jake in Sycamore, Illinois

28 months ago

LOL. Yeah, blame it on the minorities. You need to check the attitude that you take to interviews because this is absolutely revolting.

There are nursing jobs EVERYWHERE. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that nearly a million new jobs in nursing will be created by 2020. That may mean you might have to move around, but if you can't find these positions at all, then you aren't looking for them.

If you're looking for a free medium to complain how people of color are "stealing" all "your" jobs, you've found the wrong forum.

Marisette in Chicago, Illinois

28 months ago

There is more than enough Registered Nurses to meet the market's demands. Employers hire less Registered Nurses because they can save $$$ by hiring LPN's or medical assistants and ONE RN to provide supersvision of the assistant worker. That's the new trend. Meanwhile the education requirement for RN's has gone from two year degree's to Bachelor of Nursing degree, Nurse Practioner degree and requirement for certifications. Employers are hiring new graduates at lower pay. Moreover,the job for Registered Nurse is getting more difficult with routine patient care,supervision of anxillary personnel, and requirments for quality care and patient satisfaction inposed by medicare regulations. A person looking to get into the medical field should consider other careers in healthcare such as ultrasound tech.,radiology,social work if they want to obtain employment post graduation. Moreover, nursing is a high stress career. It's not true that nurses can transition from one specialty of nursing to another. Well, some have. But overall, it's a very difficult thing to do. The available RN jobs are for highly trained and experienced RN's or long term care. Long term or skilled care does not appear to attract most nurses and jobs for nursing practioners require experience and extended education. If I had to do it over, I would not go into nursing.

bluesy51 in Clifton Park, New York

28 months ago

I also have just dropped out of my MSN program.. whats the sense, I am 62 and have been a nurse since 76. The way the job market looks and the fact that I have been out of nursing for about 2 years, I feel that I am wasting my money on going for the Masters. It wont be long until the Masters is the entry level not the BSN which is being pushed for now. And as many in this forum have said, to be a nurse is costing so much money and time in education with so little hope of a career, it just isnt worth it anymore. Its all corporate now.

bluesy51 in Clifton Park, New York

27 months ago

NojobRNinDaytonOhio in Dayton, Ohio said: Jake you are obviously a young man unwise in the way the federal government lies to the American people everyday. Don't you know they fudge the numbers "a million nursing jobs" Ha I laughed for 20 minutes! You are really stupid if you believe that! I feel sorry for all the stupid people who will run to their local colleges the get that RN degree which will be useless! I was selected as a top 10 finalist out of 2,000 applicants and I can interview circles around you in my sleep! People do not want to pay RN's stupid! Look around and see who is providing care. RN's are only babysitters to the MA's. You have a big wake up call comming to you one day pal. Someday you will say that RN from Ohio was right.

Hey nojob in Ohio. I agree with all you say but please dont start calling people stupid ..Yeah there will probably be RN jobs opening up to make up for all the baby boomer RNS that are leaving.. but if Jake is stupid , like you say then you will have to say that there are a ton of other nurses out there that are "stupid" too.. me being one of them.. Nursing was and should still be a great profession.. I was drawn to nursing in the 70s because I loved the idea of helping people who were ill and needed a nurse's compassion and expertise. Unfortunately there are not to many good nurses jobs out there anymore that dont require incredible amt of training and education. but if someone wants to go for it, I dont consider that person stupid by any means.

tebow2012 in San Diego, California

27 months ago

Ines in Spring, Texas said: Hello everyone. I just completed getting my RN license in Texas. I have many years of experience in my country, but I have ner work in the US. I am working on my English and I want still in my field. If anyone knows somebody in the Houston area who can give a opportunity I will appreciate it.

---------
There are lots of jobs of all kind in Texas. Not like in california.

Anonymous in Odenton, Maryland

25 months ago

Medical Assistants, IV Techs, Patient Care Techs are stealing jobs from RNs all over Maryland/DC area. Maryland State Board of Nursing doesn't do a darn thing about the laws that are being passed granting these unlicensed personnel more and more responsibility on the cheap. The Technical Colleges are making big bucks training all these "techs" to take over what were once RN responsibilities. Nurse Practitioners are replacing MDs in many areas of the country also due to ObamaCare. Very Soon RNs with just a Bachelors Degree will have an almost impossible time being able to find employment. In hospitals, not uncommon to give the RN 10-12 patients at night with 4 patient "techs". Also, outpatient clinics very rarely hire RNs unless their certification requires an RN be on staff to keep whatever accreditation their office holds. I had a job interview today at a Dermatology office....the manager very clearly told me the only reason they need an RN on staff is to keep their accreditation, LOL. WOW...nice to know that's the only reason you are looking to hire an RN.

Anonymous in Odenton, Maryland

25 months ago

bluesy51 in Clifton Park, New York said: I also have just dropped out of my MSN program.. whats the sense, I am 62 and have been a nurse since 76. The way the job market looks and the fact that I have been out of nursing for about 2 years, I feel that I am wasting my money on going for the Masters. It wont be long until the Masters is the entry level not the BSN which is being pushed for now. And as many in this forum have said, to be a nurse is costing so much money and time in education with so little hope of a career, it just isnt worth it anymore. Its all corporate now.

I would NEVER invest the time and money in getting an MSN. Not in this healthcare culture.

beginagainla in Bakersfield, California

25 months ago

janet101360@gmail.com in Lynnwood, Washington said: I have been an RN for 30 years and a hospital I worked for fired me for a very minor thing. Now no one will even look at me. It has been almost three years and I have done the agency thing which is a rip off in so many ways I can't even tell you. But I can tell you that unless you know personally a manager who will hire you, younare going to have a very hard time finding a job.I've seen nursing shortages and a glut of nurses, but this is different- people can't even get jobs in LTC nursing homes or any other places where you use to be able to find work even if you had to wait several years to geinto a hospital where you want to work . My advise is go into something else for a long while as the economy is so different nothat they are hiring anyone but RN's for jobs,when they use to lay off the LPN's etc and only use RN's. I'll pray for all of us who are in trouble now. I have no other skills now- I can'y even get a cashier job.

Thank you so much for sharing this. If you can't depend on nursing for steady work, what else is left? I won't waste my time or $ right now.

Janet in Bothell, Washington

25 months ago

I have been an RN in multiple units of a large hospital and was fired for coming in 4 days early. I was near my retirement and my boss had just retired as her bedefits were all cut to save money. I have applied in every hosp and ltc facility in seattle are with a100 mile radius. They are not hiring experienced RN's , they are hiring the 1-2 yr RN's they can pay less. Get real =It's happening all over . You miight be new to nursing and if you are you have a lot better chance than me of getting a job. They have consortiums for new new grads only. I think it's a matter of the glut of nurses out ttere now and pay scale as well as retirment which the new people don't get now unless they put their own money in a a 401k. I worked for all that time with great references. Now they sy because I have one thing on my record after 30 years I can't get a job, bull, Ive even been told by HR recruiters as well as RN's via agency nursing they are making them offers to leave and I won't get hired because I have to much e. So experience I don't know where you live but come to the Seattle area and you'll see.

bluesy51 in Albany, New York

25 months ago

its the same out here in the Albany NY area.. I tell new grads that they need to get on the nurse practitioner tract.. forget about being a regular RN.. All the hospitals are hiring techs and new grads.. but experienced RN like myself are not getting hired.. All that education and hard work and here I am at 61 and can't find a job!! Its crazy.. so many people out in the general public think that having an RN means that you are getting big money and lots oaf work.. so when I say I am an unemployed RN they think that something is wrong with me..Obama care will only make it worse

bluesy51 in Albany, New York

25 months ago

nojobRNohio in Dayton, Ohio said: Yes, there are two things you can do. In fact if it were me, I would do them both. First, sign up for an RN refresher program at a local community college or nursing program. Or check the internet for one, some are available online. Some even include an internship usually for about 40 hours which is a great marketing tool when looking for a job. Second, apply at the hospitals, most of them that hire nurses who need to brush up on their skills will give you extra time during your orientation to relearn what you need like giving shots IM. Most hospitals have special internships for nurses who have not practiced in a while but usually you have to be out of nursing for 5 years or so. Still, make sure they know you need extra time during orientation to relearn the basics. Most importantly they need to know that your greatest strength is knowing your weakness. Ask lots of questions during orientation, there is no such thing as a dumb question. Get into a RN reentry program it will do wonders for your confidence!!

Doesn't work.. getting a refresher course is just a waste of money..trust me!!!

bluesy51 in Albany, New York

25 months ago

Matilda in Trenton, New Jersey said: My goodness, what a bunch of whiny women. It is no wonder you can not get jobs, it is ridiculous that you think Medical Assistants, Cnas, and LPNs are taking jobs from RNs. There are plenty of jobs for RNs, you just have to be willing to do them and have a positive attitude, which you all seem to be lacking. Don't be picky either.

We are not whiney.. we are professionals , You might be in a secure situation,, or just because it has not happened to you yet, does not mean that it is not a reality. It has been written about in nursing journals as well. I suppose you also think that the MDs are whiney who have left their practices for good because of insufficient medicare reimbursement or too much gov't regulation. Wake up !! Things are changing all over.. Sure, nurses are trying to hold on to jobs with increased and unsafe patient workload, and sure some of them are training to go into other fields., but it becomes next to impossible as we get older and the jobs become more scarce. Have a little compassion.

bluesy51 in Albany, New York

25 months ago

tebow2012 in San Diego, California said: ---------
There are lots of jobs of all kind in Texas. Not like in california.

I am actually thinking of leaving NY State... I am sick of the weather and lack of work
Texas sounds nice

Janet in Lynnwood, Washington

25 months ago

I totally agree. I have been looking for work for about two years.I have been an RN for 30 years on nearly every unit in a large hospital for 27 years. Everyone thinks there are jobs out there, but all the jobs are in ER-OR- ICU and when they do have a consortium for these depts they hire all new grads. They don't want to pay us is the bottom line. But these new grads will stay about 1 years and leave. Most new RN's hate it after a couple years or want to go to a nice clean clinic. So they are actually going to pay more in the end. And I have spoken to friends who have relatives in the hospital and they say they never see the same nurse twice and the care is awful (agency-I am guessing ) And I have tried the agency thing , and it is very unreliable-and you get cancelled frequently. It really stinks that they treat us this way, but I don't see it changing anytime soon

bluesy51 in Albany, New York

25 months ago

yes.. I have done agency in the past .. and it is awful.. plus you don't get the chance to develop professionally. The biggest mistake I made as an RN was working for agencies.. I did it coz I was a single mom and had to have the flexibility. but it killed my career in the end. I feel sad when I think of how enthusiastic I felt when I first got in to nursing. You are right about the new nurses leaving and who can blame them.

beemrdon in Burlington, Massachusetts

25 months ago

I find it odd but plausible to read here that you experienced nurses can not find jobs. All I ever see in job postings and hear from employers is ..."do you have at least 1 year of (med-surg) experience?" (if not, go away). How do I get 1 year of experience when no one will hire me?
I got out of nursing school, with an a.d.n., in December of 2008 and passed the boards in March of 2009 at the age of 57. I am now 61 and a male-and yes, that matters!
Money on nursing school ...wasted. Years of study (and all of the crap I went through)...wasted.
So now what?
All the hype I (and everyone else) hear/heard about the nursing shortage is just that, HYPE. I no longer have any hopes of becoming employed as a nurse. The main beneficiaries of the hype are the colleges and the employers of nurses.
Good luck to you all.

bluesy51 in Albany, New York

25 months ago

to Beemrdon in Burlington Ma.,
Please don't give up.. yes, it is hard out there, and I am the first one to say so, but strangely enuf there is a call for male nurses in VA homes, ERs, and Correctional Facilities. Apply to those places. Try a VA home first. Lots of times you can get your foot in the door in a skilled nursing facility. Then you say at least you have subacute experience.
Home care for Vets is another avenue.
Good Luck!!!
Irene

janet101360@gmail.com in Bothell, Washington

25 months ago

well don.t look in seattle , although if they do hire-they will hire a new grad so they can pay them less. I have 30 years of nursing and can't find a job and I am sure it is not in the hosp budget to hire someone with that much experience. The only place they would probably be desperate enough to hire anyone would be ICU-ER-OR but they want experience and they do have occas consortiums ,but only new grads with a BSN are even consdered if you specialized in one of theses areas suring you senior practicum. So NO NURSING is not the job to go in to now. P.S they are changing it to all BSN nurses in 5 years a a large hosp in Seattlw that owns about 12 facilities. GOOD LUCK

bluesy51 in Albany, New York

25 months ago

The more corporate the hospitals become, the harder it is to find a nursing job..
I feel bad for all the new grads who were told "Go into nursing, they are always looking for nurses..."
What a con!!!

bluesy51 in Albany, New York

25 months ago

thanks for the heads up.. I was really looking forward to moving there.

mth522 in Beaverton, Oregon

20 months ago

Without a job

Even some nurses with work experience are unemployed. There are nearly 800 registered nurses across the state who are currently on unemployment benefits — a sixfold increase from 2007, state records show.

Among those collecting benefits, older nurses are disproportionately represented — those 55 or older account for nearly half of the unemployed, though they are only 39 percent of the state's licensed nurses, according to the state Employment Security Department. By contrast, those under age 34 make up 17 percent of licensed nurses but only 10 percent of those collecting unemployment benefits.

janet101360@gmail.com in Bothell, Washington

20 months ago

There are some jobs posted on the internet, problem is if you have 30 years wxperience they won't hire you because of union pay scales. They want someone with a few years experience or for residencies in ER-OR-ICU they are hiring all new grads with BSN or Masters degrees.Other than these people they are using agency so they can cancel them quickly if needed. And by the way the agencies pay scale is 25-35 dollars an hour depending on where you go not your experience. And agency gives no benefits
So as usual you have to know someone to get an interviewor forget it.

bluesy51 in Troy, New York

20 months ago

janet101360@gmail.com in Bothell, Washington said: There are some jobs posted on the internet, problem is if you have 30 years wxperience they won't hire you because of union pay scales. They want someone with a few years experience or for residencies in ER-OR-ICU they are hiring all new grads with BSN or Masters degrees.Other than these people they are using agency so they can cancel them quickly if needed. And by the way the agencies pay scale is 25-35 dollars an hour depending on where you go not your experience. And agency gives no benefits
So as usual you have to know someone to get an interviewor forget it.

I now is seems that there are facilities out there hiring nurses and sponsoring them to come here from the Philipines, etc. Amazing isn't it.. they say they are hiring from other countries because of the "nursing shortage". It is pretty hard to change careers for me at this late date.

trinity60 in Cape Coral, Florida

20 months ago

Hi Everyone,
Your comments are so surreal as I thought I was the only one experiencing similar problems.
After working 25 years in nursing, the last ten in long term, I decided to get my MSN to return to the hospitals or perhaps something in education. Well to my surprise, I am not employable to hospitals as I do not have recent experience (even though I have 15 years in acute care including major NYC hospitals/ER). I'm not employable as I have not worked in 2 years. But all this longevity, proven critical thinking, 4.0 with my MSN. Dosen't matter....???
Nursing is their own enemy. The disregard for those who have been in the business, as well as the rest of you from what ever level you are on, its dosen't make sense. If there was a true shortage, then none of us would be writing on this page. I think I will starting writing articles and sending to Institute of Medicine, Journals of Nursing. We need to let our voices be heard.
PS One valid point is that the foreign nurses, such as those from the Phillipines are taking many of our positions such as those employed by Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla, NY.

bluesy51 in Schenectady, New York

19 months ago

to guest in Redwood, Ca.--- I am not sure if your comment was meant to be sarcastic or what.. but ,, yes, American jobs are being taken by people from other countries who are less qualified because they will work for less. I see it in IT and nursing. I don't blame the immigrants who come here legally, I blame the money grubbing corporations who put money over everything.

Experience doesn't matter in Redmond, Oregon

19 months ago

What the public doesn't get is based on foreign education and the criteria of US nursing programs those "nurses" were not eligible to sit the NCLEX.

bluesy51 in Schenectady, New York

19 months ago

Experience doesn't matter in Redmond, Oregon said: What the public doesn't get is based on foreign education and the criteria of US nursing programs those "nurses" were not eligible to sit the NCLEX.

Wow,, Really???? I didn't know that... so why is it that so many Philipino nurses are able to get jobs here?

too true in Redmond, Oregon

19 months ago

This started in California the legislature passed a bill due to the shortage of nurses. Once you are licensed in a state then it is easy to transfer it to another state. When you look at course for course education it does not measure up to an AND program which is the minimum to sit for the NCLEX.

too true in Redmond, Oregon

19 months ago

I meant ADN program, darn correct.

too true in Redmond, Oregon

19 months ago

Yep.

Fearful student (RN/PTA) in Miami, Florida

19 months ago

Bump.

I've read everyone's comments here and to make a long story short:

I graduated with a BA in Health Science after having switched my major bc of poor grades in another science major. I'm past the " am I cut out/smart enough for healthcare? " time bc it was just a really hard time for me during those last three years of undergrad. I was the most depressed I've ever been.

Anyway, I decided to go back and get an AS degree in something marketable. Forget about my dream. I really need to start making money. (Note: both RN/Physical therapy assistant would be a good foundation to my ideal job so it's not completely left field)

Point is, I got accepted into an accelerated nursing program yesterday and I have <2 weeks to reply. I haven't heard from the PTA program yet. The accelerated nursing (AN) program is appealing bc it's one year vs the 2 year PTA program. However, after reading this I'm not so sure that ill even be able to find a job as an RN with no experience. It seems like the RN-BSN program would be required and maybe some experience.

Bottom line: I just don't want to sign up for that. I NEED to work making decent money. Any insights? Thanks guys and good luck. Hearing all this is just really discouraging

too true in Redmond, Oregon

19 months ago

To Fearful Student,
Are you single and can you move? Would you be willing to do long term care if that was the only thing available? If so then pursue on for the RN. Good luck, those of us with houses that are tied to an area are finding ourselves "underemployed" though we have experience.

Corporate Recruiter in Clemmons, North Carolina

19 months ago

Novant Health, an integrated health system in North Carolina will be holding 2 open houses next week.

Qualified nurses can attend one of two open interview days:

Tuesday, Oct. 22, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
NHFMC conference center
3333 Silas Creek Parkway, Winston-Salem

Wednesday, Oct. 23, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Human Resources,
108 Providence Lane, Charlotte, NC

For this event, interested persons must have at least two years’ critical care, med/surg or behavioral health experience for full-time and part-time central staffing and scheduling office positions.

For more information on Novant Health and our New Grad Program, please visit www.novanthealth.org and for more employment opportunities outside of nursing, visit www.jobsatnovant.org.

sedar.jones@novanthealth.org

bluesy51 in Ballston Spa, New York

19 months ago

Fearful student (RN/PTA) in Miami, Florida said: Bump.

I've read everyone's comments here and to make a long story short:

I graduated with a BA in Health Science after having switched my major bc of poor grades in another science major. I'm past the " am I cut out/smart enough for healthcare? " time bc it was just a really hard time for me during those last three years of undergrad. I was the most depressed I've ever been.

Anyway, I decided to go back and get an AS degree in something marketable. Forget about my dream. I really need to start making money. (Note: both RN/Physical therapy assistant would be a good foundation to my ideal job so it's not completely left field)

Point is, I got accepted into an accelerated nursing program yesterday and I have <2 weeks to reply. I haven't heard from the PTA program yet. The accelerated nursing (AN) program is appealing bc it's one year vs the 2 year PTA program. However, after reading this I'm not so sure that ill even be able to find a job as an RN with no experience. It seems like the RN-BSN program would be required and maybe some experience.

Bottom line: I just don't want to sign up for that. I NEED to work making decent money. Any insights? Thanks guys and good luck. Hearing all this is just really discouraging

Dear Fearful,

Go for it..just don't stop at the BSN... become a practitioner with a Masters.. and Specialize.. its the only way to work as a nurse and have good work opportunities and not get burned out.
Bluesy 51

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.