Nursing Job in Southern NJ!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Brenda in Mount Laurel, New Jersey

55 months ago

I am a new RN who graduated last May. I have ACLS and Recently completed TNCC. Prior to nursing school, I was an EMT and a Pharmacy technician. I have applied for dozens of jobs with only one interview. I am willing to do any sort of acute care nursing work in the Southern NJ area for experience. My ultimate goal is Critical Care/ED. Thanks in advance for any leads you may be able to provide. I wish all my fellow new nurses well out there because the NJ job market is tough!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Whitney in Augusta, Georgia

55 months ago

Brenda in Mount Laurel, New Jersey said: I am a new RN who graduated last May. I have ACLS and Recently completed TNCC. Prior to nursing school, I was an EMT and a Pharmacy technician. I have applied for dozens of jobs with only one interview. I am willing to do any sort of acute care nursing work in the Southern NJ area for experience. My ultimate goal is Critical Care/ED. Thanks in advance for any leads you may be able to provide. I wish all my fellow new nurses well out there because the NJ job market is tough!

Ms. Brenda, Congratulations to you. Have you considered moving to a better job market? Florida is begging for nurses. Many nurses are working double shifts because the shortage is so severe in some areas. You could make terrific money and get lots of experience and the weather is so much better than in Jersey. After a few years there, you could move back to Jersey if you really wanted to. Don't limit yourself to staying around family. A few years away getting some intense nursing experience might open up many doors for you back "home." Besides, if you move somewhere really terrific, your family members might decide to join you, especially if you tell them you were at the beach while they were shoveling snow. Best of luck in your job search. Sounds like you have a lot to offer. Whitney

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Brenda in Mount Laurel, New Jersey

55 months ago

Whitney in Augusta, Georgia said: Ms. Brenda, Congratulations to you. Have you considered moving to a better job market? Florida is begging for nurses. Many nurses are working double shifts because the shortage is so severe in some areas. You could make terrific money and get lots of experience and the weather is so much better than in Jersey. After a few years there, you could move back to Jersey if you really wanted to. Don't limit yourself to staying around family. A few years away getting some intense nursing experience might open up many doors for you back "home." Besides, if you move somewhere really terrific, your family members might decide to join you, especially if you tell them you were at the beach while they were shoveling snow. Best of luck in your job search. Sounds like you have a lot to offer. Whitney
Whitney, Thaks for taking the time to post an answer to my question. I have looked in to FL, but just like every place else all the hospitals I have looked in want 1-2 yrs. exp. (even for Med./ Surge). I am finding this in all the places I have looked. I know I am a good nurse, I just need some place to give me a chance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jaymee in Staten Island, New York

55 months ago

Brenda in Mount Laurel, New Jersey said: I am a new RN who graduated last May. I have ACLS and Recently completed TNCC. Prior to nursing school, I was an EMT and a Pharmacy technician. I have applied for dozens of jobs with only one interview. I am willing to do any sort of acute care nursing work in the Southern NJ area for experience. My ultimate goal is Critical Care/ED. Thanks in advance for any leads you may be able to provide. I wish all my fellow new nurses well out there because the NJ job market is tough!

just curious, is it best to go to school for lpn first then get additional schooling for rn or does it matter if you just go straight into an rn program after finishing pre reqs?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

bsjaxtime in Jacksonville, Florida

54 months ago

Brenda in Mount Laurel, New Jersey said: I am a new RN who graduated last May. I have ACLS and Recently completed TNCC. Prior to nursing school, I was an EMT and a Pharmacy technician. I have applied for dozens of jobs with only one interview. I am willing to do any sort of acute care nursing work in the Southern NJ area for experience. My ultimate goal is Critical Care/ED. Thanks in advance for any leads you may be able to provide. I wish all my fellow new nurses well out there because the NJ job market is tough!

I hate to say it but my wife and I live between Jacksonville and Gainesville, Florida and there are no first time RN jobs. My wife graduated 2nd in her class with a 3.89 overall GPA and has ACLS and BLS and has been a Medical Assistant and CNA for over 10 years and she has only gotten one call and that was because the idiot did not read her resume so once they found out she did not have a year or more experience they just went through the motions of an interview with her and she never heard from them again. Someday when the boomer all retire we are going to remember this foolish attitude on the hospitals part and cash her $50 per hour checks with big smiles! :) I wish you all the best. Use LinkedIn if you are not already and look for DON's and other that make the choice on whom to hire. Try to skip the HR people they are chuckleheads looking for only a perfect match between their piece of paper and your resume.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

bsjaxtime in Jacksonville, Florida

54 months ago

jaymee in Staten Island, New York said: just curious, is it best to go to school for lpn first then get additional schooling for rn or does it matter if you just go straight into an rn program after finishing pre reqs?

I think that does work. My wife's friend got a job fast as an LPN. My wife is an RN and has gotten no calls. Plus another friend who was an LPN for 10 years got a job offer but decided to turn it down because she wanted to be on a hospital and it was a nursing home so not a bad thought to go to LPN first in these tight times.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

NJcaregivers@aol.com in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

25 months ago

Hi Brenda,

We are looking for some qualified VPNs or LPNs. Please call me if you are interested. Here is our ad:

Private Duty LVN / LPN / RN
Competitive hourly rate: $15-20 based on experience

Seeking private placement positions to work day or night shifts as companions to an elderly gentlemen with early stage Alzheimer’s Disease. Currently living in an independent facility in Marlton, New Jersey.

12 hour evening shifts available 8a-8p or 8p-8a weekday and weekend. Position responsibilities include proactive assistance in patient’s life managing activities onsite and offsite; medication management; companion care including meals, laundry, errands, light cleaning.

LVN, LPN, or RN with experience, NJ licenses. Please include references.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.